Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Ash carry at least one more Pokemon to Kalos?

Default Should Ash carry at least one more Pokemon to Kalos?

Ok, as cliche'd as it could have been, Ash is the protagonist of the XY Saga, and of course, that varmint Pikachu goes with him.

But isn't it about time he wised up and carried one of his other Pokemon to the new region and made effort into training it? There are plenty takers; Bayleef, Quilava, Totodile, Corphish, Gible, even Muk could use an adventure!

He can still capture all the Starters this way if they go that route, and the regional bird, and more reserves, no reason he couldn't continue to rotate like he wisely learned to do last Saga, just this time, he uses his older Pokemon.

Its about time the writers do something with his collection. Us older fans would go crazy for some good screen time, including any evolutions for them.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

He should use them in the league.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I don't think there is any need for him to bring older Pokemon with him. I much rather see new Pokemon from Kalos.

You can talk about that in the XY thread or next pokemon thread probably.

No he shouldn't, like yuoke said, he should use them in the league if any of his pokemon get a new evolution sure, the writers can get a convinient way to get that pokemon to join and evolve to that new evolution during XY.

I would like Kingler to get an adventure but I highly, highly doubt it

"Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

Yes Ash should, because it is completely and utterly stupid for anyone to go to a new region with only one Pokemon.

It's not that hard to bring in another face, like say Gible, capture some more Pokemon, then have some story down the line where Gible evolves (hypothetically speaking) and Oak wants to study Gabite, or forget evolution, Oak needs Gible for some dragon lecture he's doing, and then afterwards, Oak asks if it's okay to keep Gible for awhile.

Then Ash can conveniently forget about Gible and worry about his new Pokemon. Not Gible, fine, any one Pokemon will do.

But no, it's stupid for a person to go to a new region with only one Pokemon. Have some really skilled Pokemon Hunter, take Pikachu, and Ash is left completely defenseless.

Maybe instead of focusing on the region and introducing the region, they should focus more on Ash trying to catch a Pokemon as soon as possible, if they refuse to take another Pokemon with him.

Hopefully one of Ash's current Pokemon will have an evolution or split evolution in the Kalos region so Ash just takes it with him along with Pikachu.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I'd root for a totodile, gible or muk return anyday, the fear is just ash trading that pokemon away like aipom...
    But yeah, I sadly, feel like oshawott might try to sneak off after ash, taking advantage of its pokeball escaping techniques
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

I've never understood why Ash usually leaves to a new region with only Pikachu. Like really, it's the Pokemon that Team Rocket has wanted the most and Ash just makes it super easy for them whenever he leaves for a new region, as they always try and snatch it when Ash has no other Pokemon to use. Anyway, I think Ash definitely needs to take at least one other Pokemon with him to Kalos: that Pokemon should be Oshawott imo. Not because he needs development the most (well, he could always use some new moves I guess), but because from a marketing standpoint it makes sense for the most popular Unova Pokemon to tag along with Ash. The writers may as well milk King Oshawott for all he's worth.

I think I'd find it much more interesting if he used only Kalos region Pokemon. However, I actually really liked it when he brought back old Pokemon in the Sinnoh League, so I wouldn't mind it if we saw some of his older Pokemon in the Kalos League or something.

Going to a new region with 1 pokemon?!?!?!? PIKACHU EASILY GETS BEATEN BY A LEVEL 5 POKEMON, OF COURSE YOU NEED BACK UP!
    With team rocket and a pokemon hunter hobo chasing him around if he looses his pokemon, HE CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT! NO MISTY,BROCK,MAY,MAX,IRIS,CILAN OR DAWN TO HELP HIM IF HE'S ON HIS OWN!
    Get charizard to demolish things, maybe oshawot.... IF IT EVOLVES INTO SAMUROTT, CMON ASH DO SOMETHING ABOUT EVOLVING POKEMON OSHAWOTT NOW LOOKS LIKE A LEVEL 5!
    Ash can use that gible. It would be awesome to see gible back, IF it's a garchomp ash would be unstoppable with garchomp AND charizard in the pokemon league. Like cmon what happened to Pidgeot, ash did make a PROMISE. What happened to squirtle,totodile,buizel,torterra and infernape?

Its about time the writers do something with his collection.
    The funny thing is, in what I think was the very first topic I made in this forum I asked if people would be okay if Ash simply released the Pokemon he had no intention of using on his Team again back in the wild. I can't imagine all of his Pokemon would be happy at Oak's since they probably joined him thinking he'd care about them for life.

A nice idea for a Filler Region ... one that'd be better than Da! is proving to be, is taking a handful of his old discontented Pokemon along and helping them find a place where they belong whether it's with him or with someone else. He'd rotate around his entire team (sans Pikachu) so we never know which one is on its way out ... mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I can't imagine all of his Pokemon would be happy at Oak's since they probably joined him thinking he'd care about them for life.
    And he is, time doesn't pass at all, so for all they know, it's just a month or two since they last saw him, or however they want to justify much time passing but no time passing at all.

Plus how could they not be happy. They get to hang out with a lot of friends, have battling competitions, they are taken care of really well.

If I was a Pokemon I'd rather be at Professor Oak's, and easily be guaranteed, I'll see Ash again, as opposed to going somewhere, made up by the writers, and never seeing Ash again.

----------------

Anyway, I still say Ash should take two Pokemon (including Pikachu) to the Kalos region.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Rotation between certain members of his Unova Team and Kalos Team plex.

If Ash took Oshawott with him to XY, that would be where the Pokemon Anime dies for me.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Charizard

At least then Ash will look like a semi-competent Trainer. Never really did like the idea of just dumping off all of his Pokemon except Pikachu. Makes it feel like if threatened, Ash would hand the rest of his Pokemon over and ask to keep Pikachu. Like the rest are expendable and life without Pikachu is a life not worth living.

Besides, why can't Ash continue to train his older Pokemon while catching new ones? It's not like they have learned all they could and don't need his training anymore. In fact, most could really use an extended stay with him, because compared to even his weak Pokemon standards they look laughably inept (Torterra, Totodile, Kingler, Donphan)
    Last edited by deathseer; 1st July 2013 at 11:32 AM.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Expanding on my first post, I want the Unova Team rotation to be much like Johto's, apart from the Kalos Pokemon get 10x more the priority and the Unova Team are typically just there when needed with screentime but not enough to steal from the Kalos Team.

Also, I'd like Scraggy, Oshawott and Snivy to take priority over the rest of the Unova Team.

I would say only if this pokemon gets a new evolution in X and Y
    For example, torkoal gets an evolution in the games
    And follows ash to kalos like aipom did

I'm a big oshawott fan, but if he goes to kalos I will be very upset, IMO he should be oaked

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

To be honest, I don't really care. It was nice when Aipom was there in Sinnoh, but it ended up badly for her (ping pong contest, cmon writers). But, I guess it would be pretty cool if it was something unusual, like Gible. My favorite one would be Scraggy though, it deserves to evolve :P

I hope Ash used Pikachu much less near the beginning of the Saga. That way he won't that ridiculous and uncredible power-reset. Ash could wait until his team is up to scratch and then start using Pikachu, sparingly, again. Far too much time was spent on Pikachu this saga, hence why almost all of the Unova 'mons are underdeveloped.

By taking a less-used older Pokemon with him, Ash could give redemption to it whilst not falling back on his already-overused starter every time there is trouble. Ash could take Gible, Bayleef, Corphish, Scraggy or another team member with him, who could assist early on with the new bird and starter(s) in early trainer battles and gym battles before Oak could 'do a Heracross' and ask for it back for some research-based reason. That way it wouldn't overshadow the new team or have to be used throughout the saga's Gym's whilst giving it what it needs. So the older Pokemon that comes to Kalos could essentially take a small part of the early glory Pikachu would have viciously stolen from Kalos Pokemon, who would get the rest of it.

Then I want a DECENT league, where we actually get a genuine 6 on 6 (NOT 5 on 6), with lots of battles and opportunites for oldies to return a'la Noctowl and get a good win before being forgotten about forevermore. For whatever reason, Ash seems to use Older Pokemon is even-numbered gen leagues only.

EDIT: The rule should be that only Older Pokemon that return to evolve get to come! E.g Donphan, Quilava and kind-of, Aipom. NO silly releases though...
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

I think Ash should, as long as it gets it's spotlight and doesn't overshadow the newer Poké. And as long as it wasn't a hot mess like Johto.

I personally think Corphish should return, having not had all too many spotlight chances (although, more than Glalie).

I don't want it to evolve persay, but it'll be fine if it does.

In all honesty I'd like him to travel with a full team of 6 (mostly neglected and unevolved) and capture another 6 in Kalos and rotate between these 12.
    Basically meaning he has 12 Pokemon on hand in Kalos to rotate with (similar to the 10 he had in Unova), except this time its 6 new and 6 old.

This way guys like Totodile and Gible could be on the team and fully evolve and shafted Pokemon like Torkoal and Palpitoad get another chance aswell.
    So have Ash travel to Kalos with Totodile, Snivy, Gible, Torkoal/Quilava and Palpitoad for instance, giving them screentime, interaction and potential evolutions. This way he also basically has a rookie and an experienced team on hand.

I would love for him to take Buizel or Corphish with him.

TBH Kalos will have older pokemon too in it's dex so I would not mind him bringing an older Pokemon rather then catching only Kalos Pokemon which is pretty blah. We'll have rivals,evil team and hios crew so we don't need only Kalos Pokemon on everyone's team I think. Gible would be cool for him to take

That can only be answered once the full list of Pokemon that gains a new evo in Kalos is revealed.

Bringing Gible along, even if just for a little while, actually has some merit.

Apart from usefulness and potential to evolve, it could be used to show the new fans and anime-only crowd the ins & outs of Fairy-types. Seeing as their main purpose is to balance out dragons.
    +Beauty & Power Behind Every Corner+

Spoiler:- :

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast