Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Ash carry at least one more Pokemon to Kalos?

Ash should bring Gible,Heracross or Totodile with him in Kalos or he could rotate his Kalos team with his older Pokemon sometimes.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 1st July 2013 at 4:11 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

People should be careful what they wish for. He could bring oshawott with him kalos, which I realize would actually be a good thing to a small percentage of people, bit to most would be irritating.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Not unless they have a new evolution form.

I think we should just stick with the league format.
    Manga's I'm up to date with.

Spoiler:- undefined:

Catching up to

Hunter x Hunter
    Battle Tendency
    Eyeshield 21

I'm a fan of oshawott and even I don't want him to go to kalos
    Please don't let this happen, I live him but its gonna be too much at some point
    Let's let the kalos regions pokemon shine rather than oshawott, froakie foits ash very well BTW
    I wonder if ash will get talonflame? Or fennekin
    Maybe fennekin will go to our female, I'd rather her get Chespin if any starter

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

If Ash were to bring another pokemon apart of Pikachu, then I would prefer it to be one that gets a retype to fairy. Maybe a late capture, or one of the ones he already owns.
    And no, I don't want Oshawott to appear, he stole to many spotlight and it didn't even evolve.

Ash picking up Phanpy for the Battle Frontier and taking Aipom to Sinnoh with him were two of my favourite decisions in the anime. It's always good to either bring something back for development and/or take something other than Pikachu to the next region.

I would love for him to do it again.. At first I was thinking Torkoal for his main fire type if it got an evolution, but that seems highly unlikely and it would probably be better to keep it a wildcard type anyway. In that case, Gible or Scraggy would be ideal and I'd personally prefer Gible, since its a Dragon type and therefore needs more training to evolve than any others do..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Personally I think the series should begin with only Kalos Pokémon. We get to enjoy the XY Pokémon while they're new that way. Then when we get to the Pokémon League or a post-league adventure Ash can rotate his older Pokémon in and we'll appreciate them more.

I'd really like Ash to use Bulbasaur again. I know he's had a lot of action over the years, but we haven't seen the little guy since BF and he's awesome and cute.

From his Unova's I would love Osha or Palpi to tag along. But Froakie is a keeper so better let him to get a chance to shine. Snivy would be a nice option to follow eventually Scraggy.

From Pre gen V Totodile would be a good option aswell, Quilava, Glalie or Gible,
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Not really, well I think pikachu is pretty awesome I just hope he wouldn't be resetted again. He lost from a starter in Unova... I also hope he will at least use his old pokémon in the league. I mean they arethe most experienced ones.
    There is no upperhand hand, I'm giving you mine. It doesn't have to end up wasting your time. There's things that I could say, here in my way. I wanna let you know, that it's all okay.

You love pizza!

Go eat Tuna fish!

I still have no life. Trololo ~

Black 2. My fc : 4213 5452 6544

(Credit goes to FairyWitch)

(Credit goes to Astral Shadow)

Quote Originally Posted by pokemaster95 View Post
    Not unless they have a new evolution form.
    I don't think that's the criteria given that Charizard returned despite not having an evolution. I think it's obvious that he came back simply because he was one of Ash's most popular Pokemon, and I'm sure the writers could repeat that by having one of Ash's other popular Pokemon join his Kalos team. I don't understand the phobia of this idea to be honest. I mean what does Ash have to lose by bringing an old Pokemon into the Kalos region (not counting Pikachu obviously)? It would be smart for him to do so imo.

No, not really, I think the time would be better spent on the Kalos team. Ash brought back Charizard and so far I feel his return is pointless and unneeded, he had a great return episode and played a nice role in the Episode N Climax. He's been sent on scouting missions and did a group thing with encouraging Ash to make amends with Iris, helping Pignite get the Bullet Seeds out of his nose but thus far I feel like he's largely unneeded. Especially since Pignite seems like the go-to Pokemon for some battle deals anyway, like taking on Brad's Magnezone or dealing with Marill. Charizard returning was good in theory but pretty mundane in execution, I would have rather he had come back for a battle like he has previously instead of just to be a regular ol' team player. More episodes focuses on the friendships he's forged with Dragonite and Pignite could have been good, but honestly I just don't see a point in Charizard being here and think he should just be Liza'd again. That or he should have just come back for the Genesect movie since it seems like him and Dragonite will play big roles in it if the merchandising is anything to go by.

I feel like a lot of Pokemon have had their time and moments and their no reasons to introduce them en masse to a region centralized around newer Pokemon, especially when I wasn't too happy with the overall treatment of a lot of the Unova Pokemon. Post-league returns would be welcomed, that's assuming the Kalos team have all had their fair share.

Unless one of Ash's Pokemon gets a new evo..i really doubt it..

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I don't think that's the criteria given that Charizard returned despite not having an evolution. I think it's obvious that he came back simply because he was one of Ash's most popular Pokemon, and I'm sure the writers could repeat that by having one of Ash's other popular Pokemon join his Kalos team. I don't understand the phobia of this idea to be honest. I mean what does Ash have to lose by bringing an old Pokemon into the Kalos region (not counting Pikachu obviously)? It would be smart for him to do so imo.

Well he certainly didnt carry Charizard with him to Unova. Though I admit Charizard getting reshiramd and losing to an Oshawott would have been hilarious if incredibly insulting to his character.

I think Gible should get to travel out of all of them because it's a dragon type and with the new fairy types coming out, there might be a challenge for it later on down the road.

My ideal battle ever!

Pikachu, Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Snorlax and Sceptile.

Watch Ash demolish the Gyms, the League, and all those random tournaments.

Or at least, that is what should happen but since we know that the writers are going to make him carry Pikachu with him only... maybe they can make Ash catch a new one near the end of BW and bring it with him to Kalos.
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2hgad5k.jpg[/IMG]

Plus how could they not be happy.
    Bayleaf joined Ash to be with Ash. The very first time she was Oaked she was devastated

The same with Apiom who ran away from Oak's to be with Ash.

I'm sure some of his male Pokemon feel the same way. They trained really hard and pushed themselves thinking that Ash would rely on them as their go-to one day. Instead they get stuck on the farm where sure they can fight, but that's no different than what they were doing before in the wild. Considering that Ash is by far the best Trainer to come out of Pallet and trains his Pokemon so well it's unlikely that any of the other Pokemon at Oak's would even pose a challenge.

How could it be fun for them mushing ants?

Charizard, Squirtle, and even Bulbasaur all made out like bandits when it came time for them to get Oaked. They were given significant focus and actually given something more to do with their time. Why couldn't something like that happen for more of the older Pokemon? They don't all have to be gone forever.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Bayleaf joined Ash to be with Ash. The very first time she was Oaked she was devastated

The same with Apiom who ran away from Oak's to be with Ash.

I'm sure some of his male Pokemon feel the same way. They trained really hard and pushed themselves thinking that Ash would rely on them as their go-to one day. Instead they get stuck on the farm where sure they can fight, but that's no different than what they were doing before in the wild. Considering that Ash is by far the best Trainer to come out of Pallet and trains his Pokemon so well it's unlikely that any of the other Pokemon at Oak's would even pose a challenge.

How could it be fun for them mushing ants?

Charizard, Squirtle, and even Bulbasaur all made out like bandits when it came time for them to get Oaked. They were given significant focus and actually given something more to do with their time. Why couldn't something like that happen for more of the older Pokemon? They don't all have to be gone forever.
    And Bayleef gets very excited when she does see Ash.

How could her being wild and likely to never see Ash be better, than at least a guarantee that she will see Ash again (outside of Ash dying).

And how do we know there isn't a whole bunch of offscreen stuff, where Ash uses them a lot.

Just because we don't see them very much on-screen doesn't mean they don't exist.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

He should take any of his Pokemon still on stage 1 like Snivy for instance.

I love bayleef its my favorite of ash's pokemon and I love seeing her when ash returns to oaks lab, and I love to see how happy she gets
    I hope he can use her in kalos' league and maybe she could evolve? But that's just wishful me

I don't see ash bringing anyone but pikachu, unless pokemon like his torkoal,palpitoed or heracross get an evolution in the games

I'm hoping for evolutions to Snorlax, Torkoal, Heracross and Glalie.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I love bayleef its my favorite of ash's pokemon and I love seeing her when ash returns to oaks lab, and I love to see how happy she gets
    I hope he can use her in kalos' league and maybe she could evolve? But that's just wishful me

I don't see ash bringing anyone but pikachu, unless pokemon like his torkoal,palpitoed or heracross get an evolution in the games
    Palpitoad has an evolution.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Palpitoad has an evolution.
    I ment a split evolution as some people have speculated

Without a doubt, Gible needs to tag along. It could be just like Phanphy was for the Battle Frontier Saga. Gibles comical nature isn't as irrational as oshawotts which is why Gible would be perfect for some more screen time.
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Demon View Post
    Without a doubt, Gible needs to tag along. It could be just like Phanphy was for the Battle Frontier Saga. Gibles comical nature isn't as irrational as oshawotts which is why Gible would be perfect for some more screen time.
    Phanpy was brought back during a filler arc, so it doesn't really count. And I fail to see how Gible is more enjoyable than Oshawott; really, Gible's blank expression makes it seem really boring to me, and without its Draco Meteor gag it's not a very interesting Pokemon imo. I know Gible wasn't given a chance to develop, but the writers should do what's best for the show and give screen-time to popular Pokemon instead imo.

I honestly hope that Pikachu gets a part-Fairy typing from X and Y so that episodes can be spent helping him figure out his newly discovered typing and how to work with the new skills available.

Oh yeah, and it looks very unlikely that any of the Pokémon are going to tag along for the trip to Kalos.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast