Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I don't think they'll bring back the dream world
    I suspect now the Global Link will be solely used for stat tracking (GTS, ranked battles, etc), tournaments, and maybe changing out skins for the pokedex and such
    Excellent, excellent.

Though, that means we'll need some other annoying way to get Hidden Ability 'mons in Gen VI.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Excellent, excellent.

Though, that means we'll need some other annoying way to get Hidden Ability 'mons in Gen VI.
    They'll probably use some in game mechanic like Hidden Grottoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Seil View Post
    On October 12th the trial version of the Dream World goes offline. There's a demo version of Dream World that can be played. 99% certain it's talking about that especially since that date also closes off new registration. The December deactivation is almost definitely for the proper Gen V Dream World.
    I was going by this part on the main site's news

However, from October 12th 2013, various Pokémon Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 features will go offline.
    but yeah, I guess that doesn't include the ability to tuck in a Pokemon from B/W/B2/W2, and we still can tuck in Pokemon until December 10.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    They'll probably use some in game mechanic like Hidden Grottoes.
    Or just have them show up normally

So is kinda official were loosing the Dream World in XY? That sucks...

I hope we get something familiar...like something that help us find pokemon we can't obtainable in kalos!

PLEASE. 45% first ability, 45% second, 10% hidden. It would be a bother to keep Hidden Abilities in the podium they were put in BW for the rest of the franchise.
    Last edited by lavanda; 2nd July 2013 at 2:34 AM.

~ Pokémon Y Team ~

3DS FC: 1736-0917-9729
    Snorunt / Sneasel / Dewgong

How about we just have an in-game safari zone in which DW pokes can be found? After all, isn't the safari zone supposed to be "home to rare and exotic Pokemon"?
    Two birds with one stone
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    How about we just have an in-game safari zone in which DW pokes can be found? After all, isn't the safari zone supposed to be "home to rare and exotic Pokemon"?
    Two birds with one stone
    Safari Zone with DW Pokemon is better than Hidden Grottoes. They just need to balance the rarity of Pokemon that can be found. (Please no!:50% chance of Bidoofs,Rattatas,Sentret,Patrat,Zigzagoon and 20% for its Evo's, 20% for other Pokemon and remaining 10% for its Evo's)

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

Quote Originally Posted by blue8arman View Post
    Safari Zone with DW Pokemon is better than Hidden Grottoes. They just need to balance the rarity of Pokemon that can be found. (Please no!:50% chance of Bidoofs,Rattatas,Sentret,Patrat,Zigzagoon and 20% for its Evo's, 20% for other Pokemon and remaining 10% for its Evo's)
    in what universe is that balanced? I'd rather have everything in game, as I never really liked the Global Link. Maybe they could still keep the Battle Union and the tournaments, but I never want anything as restricted and tedious as the Dream World ever again

What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

a Safari Zone system is a nice idea, and the best part is, if they keep the same policy (no shinies with hidden ability apart from via breeding) then we don't have to worry about finding a shiny with hidden ability only to have it flee from us.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    a Safari Zone system is a nice idea, and the best part is, if they keep the same policy (no shinies with hidden ability apart from via breeding) then we don't have to worry about finding a shiny with hidden ability only to have it flee from us.
    Watch Trollfreak do exactly that

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Yeah this is the reason I fear Sarari Zones. It's already bad enough when a shiny Pokemon flees from us with a lame ability but seeing a - for example - Multiscale Dragonite disappearing would be so much worse.

The question is... If they do allow pokemon with hidden abilities in the game, how can we tell them apart from the crowd? I know that some pokemon have abilities that activate on appearing like sand stream or mold breaker, but some don't
    Ok, so anyone with half a brain would already know this, but for those who don't, Im'ma lay down some knowledge for you guys. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, but they do not develop the games, they merely publish them. Gamefreak is the developer of the (main series) pokemon games, but they are not owned by Nintendo. TPCI/TCPJ markets the Pokemon games, and is partnered with Nintendo like Gamefreak. Every time I see someone complaining about Nintendo ruining the Pokemon games and that they just need to die, it just makes my blood boil. I mean, how can some people be so ignorant? It boggles the mind.

in what universe is that balanced? I'd rather have everything in game, as I never really liked the Global Link. Maybe they could still keep the Battle Union and the tournaments, but I never want anything as restricted and tedious as the Dream World ever again
    The Dream World and the minigames were somewhat enjoyable, but I agree that it required a bit too much time for the rewards that you got.

Those post-Pokémon League swarms could have Pokémon that could have their first ability 40% or the time, their second ability 40% of the time, and their hidden ability 20% of the time or something. Not a lot of people pay attention to swarming Pokémon at all, so this would motivate many more people to pay attention to them.

Doubtful, Game Freak wants to keep them rare, so they probably will only be obtainable through some special mechanic like the Hidden Grottoes.

Two birds with one stone
    This would be a great idea, and it would give them a good reason to keep the encounter rates reasonable. I'm sick of nearly every DW Pokemon being ridiculously hard to find, it's too much effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by absolfusion View Post
    The question is... If they do allow pokemon with hidden abilities in the game, how can we tell them apart from the crowd? I know that some pokemon have abilities that activate on appearing like sand stream or mold breaker, but some don't
    There's always Trace - use that to figure out the ability, I suppose.

Personally I'm kinda concerned about this. Would we still be able to use the Dream World for BW/BW2 as well as the GTS within the game? Even I myself haven't use either much though. Also with Memory Link, will we still be able to encounter the events that go along with it?
    Last edited by Giblie; 2nd July 2013 at 5:35 AM.
    CURRENT ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

Still need to trade Shiny Bagon. Get Feebas and Vulpix. Only 2 members are permanent.

Spoiler:- Claim & FC and Friend Safari:

So then there really is no point in continuing to accumulate stuff in the Dream World for my house such as Pokemon dolls and furniture because the Dream World is going to be destroyed anyway?
    "Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; and I will bear you and I will deliver you." - Isaiah 46:4

;700;

Quote Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
    So then there really is no point in continuing to accumulate stuff in the Dream World for my house such as Pokemon dolls and furniture because the Dream World is going to be destroyed anyway?
    While I never cared for the Dream World and its minigames in the first place, there should really be some sort of house that you can buy in X and Y for a whopping maximum amount of money amount of Pokédollars. Then you could decorate it anyway you'd like, much like a Secret Base. And for those who had Dream World houses, they'd be able to connect their BW/BW2 Dream World house information to their X or Y game and have the decorations they worked so hard collecting available in their house.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Doubtful, Game Freak wants to keep them rare, so they probably will only be obtainable through some special mechanic like the Hidden Grottoes.
    They wanted to keep them "rare" (majority really weren't) in 5th gen likely to give Dream World more of a push
    it's an all new gen
    the dream world is going down
    many of the abilities aren't that fantastic

there's no reason to keep them rare now

I hope they don't continue with the dream world in 6th gen, since I was very tedious and took too long to obtain Pokemon.

I would prefer a mechanic in game to obtain the hidden abilities. It would be great if you had a chance of breeding the hidden abilities if either the female, male Pokemon or Ditto in daycare had its hidden abilities.

I'd still like the feature to somehow allow access to past regions, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova. Allow capturing in those regions for Pokemon not found in Kalos.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Yeah, I'd happily see the Dream World vanish.
    Would it be stupid to have hidden abilities like tutor moves? Like you have to give an item and the Pokemon would gain the hidden ability in place of its standard ability? That, or have them as a really low encounter rate (5%).
    "I completed the National Dex at 12:03am on January 5th, 2013: if Gen VI is announced anytime soon I'm gonna be seriously angry."
    January 8th, 2012: Pokémon X and Y announced. Seriously angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Skies View Post
    While I never cared for the Dream World and its minigames in the first place, there should really be some sort of house that you can buy in X and Y for a whopping maximum amount of money amount of Pokédollars. Then you could decorate it anyway you'd like, much like a Secret Base. And for those who had Dream World houses, they'd be able to connect their BW/BW2 Dream World house information to their X or Y game and have the decorations they worked so hard collecting available in their house.
    That would be super!! That would be ideal, I think.
    "Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; and I will bear you and I will deliver you." - Isaiah 46:4

;700;

Quote Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
    That would be super!! That would be ideal, I think.
    With all the different collections available in Pokémon games these days, such as the classic badges and Pokédex entries, along with newer things like medals and now clothing, I wouldn't be surprised if in-game Dream House furniture would be on that list of collectible items.

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast