Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    It's nice that I don't need to see a Pokémon anymore to find it on the GTS. Now just get rid of the stupid trade offers than we have ourselves a convenient trading station.
    I agree. Obtaining version exclusive are now a lot easier.
    Even Trade evolutions, considering we can just note and negotiate with our friends through PSS through Shout outs.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I agree. Obtaining version exclusive are now a lot easier.
    Even Trade evolutions, considering we can just note and negotiate with our friends through PSS.
    Yes, choosing a game based on the version exclusives doesn't mean much to me now that we can trade Pokemon we haven't encountered before.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Not to mention that rage quitting may be a thing in the past due to now counting those as a loss. Although someone said that one could just eject the Game cartridge and it won't count as a loss but I won't believe that for now.

Not to mention that rage quitting may be a thing in the past due to now counting those as a loss. Although someone said that one could just eject the Game cartridge and it won't count as a loss but I won't believe that for now.
    Wouldn't it still damage your cartage our corrupt your file if you did that?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

It depends on whether your w/l record is saved on the cartridge or server. If it's on the cartridge, then yes, it wouldn't count. If it was on the server, it would still be counted as a loss, I'd imagine. While I'm guessing it'll be on the cartridge for convenience's sake, a possibility is that it's saved on both the cartridge and the server, and whenever you connect to the online server, the cartridge one is changed to match the server one, if necessary.

Also, any word if GF will disallow lv. 1 legendary requests?
    I have officially claimed Castform, The Master of all Weather!

Monorpale is my favorite Gen 6 Pokemon so far. If you have a problem with it, you can talk to the tassel hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sound View Post
    It depends on whether your w/l record is saved on the cartridge or server. If it's on the cartridge, then yes, it wouldn't count. If it was on the server, it would still be counted as a loss, I'd imagine. While I'm guessing it'll be on the cartridge for convenience's sake, a possibility is that it's saved on both the cartridge and the server, and whenever you connect to the online server, the cartridge one is changed to match the server one, if necessary.

Also, any word if GF will disallow lv. 1 legendary requests?
    Since as of now there's 0 chances of someone hacking a 3DS for the sake of ultimate cheating.
    That was a flaw people constantly brought up to GameFreak that they now can fix thanks to the systems capabilities.

So no. Lv.9 and under probably won't be allowed err with the exception of Dialga,Palkia, and Giratinia.
    Last edited by TheBattleFrontierAsh1; 12th July 2013 at 6:45 PM.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

I think Gamefreak might implement something where if you ask for something impossible it will just deny it. That's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Wouldn't it still damage your cartage our corrupt your file if you did that?
    Not really; you'd have to eject your cartridge while the game is saving if you wanted to mess something up.

I've abused Game Card ejection with KI:U weapon fusions, and my game works fine.

From what I read, if I want a Charmander, and I want to offer Squirtle, I can do so and it will link me to someone who matches my trade offer, which is awesome because it finally stops all the level 9 and under issues. I really like the search option, because if I haven't seen Bulbasaur in-game yet, I can still get one. It will make completing the Pokedex easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelix2.0 View Post
    From what I read, if I want a Charmander, and I want to offer Squirtle, I can do so and it will link me to someone who matches my trade offer, which is awesome because it finally stops all the level 9 and under issues. I really like the search option, because if I haven't seen Bulbasaur in-game yet, I can still get one. It will make completing the Pokedex easier.
    That would be perfect, that would be so much easier indeed. Finally a way to get "leftovers" while filling your dex, if you get what I mean

Now we can complete the national dex a whole lot better! ^^
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Yes, choosing a game based on the version exclusives doesn't mean much to me now that we can trade Pokemon we haven't encountered before.
    Trading for version exclusives isn't even much of an issue anyway since, while you can't obtain them, there's always a trainer who has it for you to add to your dex.

Normal Type Gym trainer

I love the Wonder Trades! That should be very exciting! I think I'm more excited about that than the not being able to see the Pokemon to ask for it!
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Quote Originally Posted by dbApplejack View Post
    Trading for version exclusives isn't even much of an issue anyway since, while you can't obtain them, there's always a trainer who has it for you to add to your dex.
    Not always. No one in BW used a Rufflet or either member of the Vullaby line, so White players couldn't get a Mandibuzz.

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    I love the Wonder Trades! That should be very exciting! I think I'm more excited about that than the not being able to see the Pokemon to ask for it!
    Yeah, those seem pretty cool.
    But just think of the amount of people that are going to offer crappy Pokes in the hopes they get a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Not always. No one in BW used a Rufflet or either member of the Vullaby line, so White players couldn't get a Mandibuzz.

BW for sure. But they changed that with B2W2.

http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/trainers/630.shtml

Normal Type Gym trainer

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    Yeah, those seem pretty cool.
    But just think of the amount of people that are going to offer crappy Pokes in the hopes they get a good one.
    Yeah, I get a feeling we are going to see a lot of Magikarps and Zubats trading owners in Wonder Trade.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

this will be the first gen i can play online and trade online with glad its gonna be awesome, i have a feeling there'll be alot of patrats on the wonder trade
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

BW for sure. But they changed that with B2W2.
    Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that in White, it's impossible to find a Vullaby or Mandibuzz on the GTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that in White, it's impossible to find a Vullaby or Mandibuzz on the GTS.
    I know that. But B/W seem to be the only exception when D/P still had trainers that had the other versions exclusives. I want to say it was possible to see Serviper in Ruby and Zangoose in Sapphire but there's no trainer info for them.

Normal Type Gym trainer

So does that mean there won't exactly be any restrictions to what Pokemon you can obtain before you beat the game? Or you only have a limited amount of Pokemon you can search for initially (like being able to search for Pokemon native to the Kalos region. And by that I mean whatever is wild) and then be able to search for things like Lugia or Cherubi or something. Can't wait to see how this would turn out.
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

Quote Originally Posted by Bardische View Post
    So does that mean there won't exactly be any restrictions to what Pokemon you can obtain before you beat the game? Or you only have a limited amount of Pokemon you can search for initially (like being able to search for Pokemon native to the Kalos region. And by that I mean whatever is wild) and then be able to search for things like Lugia or Cherubi or something. Can't wait to see how this would turn out.
    I assume it's something that that. After you beat this games version of the elite four and obtain the national dex, you can search for the rest.

Normal Type Gym trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Bardische View Post
    There will probably a Restrictions on what pokemon you can get before you get your National Dex.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

I assume it's something that that. After you beat this games version of the elite four and obtain the national dex, you can search for the rest.
    yeah would be the most logical. It will atleast be a relieve for people who are just able to buy one version and who have no family or friends who play it for the version exclusives and trade evolutions

What I would like to see in the new global link

1. Dream World Female starters available to everyone
    2. You can directly choose which areas you go to, not the automated crap based on the tucked in pokemon's type
    3. Take out more pokemon at a time.
    4. Berry garden are generally larger, 5 spots per row, up to twelve rows at least
    5. Older players can do something to varify their age which makes it so they can play it for more than an hour a day.
    6. Everything in you Generation five accounts transfers over to the generation six account.
    7. Being able to send actual messages to other players rather than the scripted puzzle piece assemble letters you have in generation 5.
    8. Berries are less tedious to grow and can take a couple days no water without the berry yeild being affected.
    9. Art that shows pokemon in all of their forms like shinies and both varities of shellos basculin etc.
    10. What you encounter can reflect on or be based on how far you are in the game rather than *just* a point system.
    My Friend Codes
    2DS: Strytho 4699-6673-2575
    Pokemon Y Trainer Name: Krayt
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Trainer Name: Burai

Friend Safari:
    Ground: Marowak, Trapinch, Palpitoad.

click the link for my HA female spreadsheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

Click here for a list of pokemon I have in special balls (AKA bank ball pokemon).
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

Click here for a list of pokemon I am currently looking for.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...twQ/edit#gid=0

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast