Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

Wonder Run
    A new challenge in which you must use the Wonder Trade to receive your team for the play-through.(I'm not gonna tell you what Pokemon you must trade away originally though)
    Optional: Fainting of a Pokemon means you must trade it in the Wonder Trade again.
    Or
    Just do the latter and go through the game with a team from your game, but be forced to trade them away when they faint.

It would be a tough challenge with what we expect people to put in the wonder trade, but I'm just trying to figure out a way to use it for a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer8 View Post
    Wonder Run
    A new challenge in which you must use the Wonder Trade to receive your team for the play-through.(I'm not gonna tell you what Pokemon you must trade away originally though)
    Optional: Fainting of a Pokemon means you must trade it in the Wonder Trade again.
    Or
    Just do the latter and go through the game with a team from your game, but be forced to trade them away when they faint.
    I like how it sounds. I've never though about that and I think I wouldn't mind trying it after reseting Y (in 3 years or so) and I would be helping people getting some Pokémon too which is nice.

Wonder Run
    Or

It would be a tough challenge with what we expect people to put in the wonder trade, but I'm just trying to figure out a way to use it for a challenge.
    love this lol this is gunna kick nuzlocks out and be the new thing I can see it now!

Wonder Run
    Or

What if you get a level 100 or over leveled pokemon? Unless there are level restrictions, I don't know how this will work. But then what's considered an ideal level. I'm sure a level 2 pidgey is a lot different from a level 2 Togekiss.

Quote Originally Posted by regidude View Post
    What if you get a level 100 or over leveled pokemon?
    I guess it's all about luck and I doubt we will see that many lv100 Pokémon around there... I hope there is a level restriction, though.

What if you get a level 100 or over leveled pokemon? Unless there are level restrictions, I don't know how this will work. But then what's considered an ideal level. I'm sure a level 2 pidgey is a lot different from a level 2 Togekiss.
    wonder trade will most likely be badge locked only allowing certain levels until you get certain badges (like the dreamworld)

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    wonder trade will most likely be badge locked only allowing certain levels until you get certain badges (like the dreamworld)
    Ahh that's a very good point. I forgot about badge restrictions. That is very likely the case, and I can see gamefreak implementing that.

I do suppose this would be an issue, but just like Nuzlockes (sp?) there can be clauses like: "If a received Pokemon's level exceeds fifteen (ten maybe) levels higher than the last wild pokemon you encountered's level rounded to the nearest 5, it must be a) Bred b) traded again c) Stored until it can follow this rule (If applicable).

And of course this rule would be adjusted, as we don't know levels of wilds yet or where the Day-Care is located. Or it could be based on gyms I suppose. Like if you are between the first and second gym, the received pokemon cannot exceed a set number based on the next gym. (That would have to be posted because the player wouldn't necessarily know the level of the Pokemon of the next gym.)

EDIT: Or Wonder Trade will be locked by gym anyway.
    Last edited by AceTrainer8; 7th August 2013 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Grammar

I really am looking foward to wonder trade. I might wind up constantly catching the version exclusives and trade them in wonder trade.

And if we have backwards compatibitly which I hope we do I hope to trade all the pokemon I've been hatching over as well.

I wonder how we wait for the random pokemon. Perhaps we have to wait a while. I keep thinking when we put the Pokemon up it goes into a system with a whole bunch of other Pokemon and for a while it goes into a random mix then a while later we can keep checking back until we get the Pokemon that was traded for our own.
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Quote Originally Posted by Pamizard View Post
    I really am looking foward to wonder trade. I might wind up constantly catching the version exclusives and trade them in wonder trade.

And if we have backwards compatibitly which I hope we do I hope to trade all the pokemon I've been hatching over as well.

I wonder how we wait for the random pokemon. Perhaps we have to wait a while. I keep thinking when we put the Pokemon up it goes into a system with a whole bunch of other Pokemon and for a while it goes into a random mix then a while later we can keep checking back until we get the Pokemon that was traded for our own.
    I would assume it would be quite quick as you can get anything from anybody (in theory)

only other way is if midgame you get a cut screen for the trade randomly as you are walking after putting in a pokemon an hour ago lol

I'm new to this section. Can someone please explain the wonder trade?
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Quote Originally Posted by ysmr97 View Post
    Wonder Trade Definition - The Nuza Edition:

Wonder Trading is a new awesome, super-duper, mega-epic new feature GameFreak are introducing in X&Y where you can now for some super universe-breaking reason trade Pokemon and get a random one back. It's so cool because now you can trade a LVL 100 Rayquaza and get a LVL1 Bidoof with a Pecha Berry in return. Tripping out yet? Well hold your horses because there's more...There is no possible way for you to find out which Pokemon you get until you get it! I'd imagine you're throwing up rainbows from this awesomeness that I just threw in your face so I'll let you let it all sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by ysmr97 View Post
    You put up a Pokemon for trade and get a completely random Pokemon in return.

I expect lots of low level Magikarp to be received from wonder trades..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

What if you get a level 100 or over leveled pokemon?
    A lot of people are gonna be getting lv. 1 Magikarps courtesy of yours truly
    >: D
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

I can already tell Wonder Trade is going to be in hot water.
    I'm pretty sure no trainer in his right mind would put up rare pokemon like Yveltal for randomized trade, without some incentive. Remember Gen 5's GTS? I imagine Wonder trade will be clogged with common pokemon to the point you will always lose if you donate something rare.

Again, some kind of incentive to do so must be put in place. Otherwise I don't see a lot of people getting lucky the way GF envisions 'em to get with rarities...trolls will abuse that mechanic.
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

people have said that there could be a limit based on your gym badges, but i dont see it happening. Maybe they could do it so that the pokemon you get has the same/similar BST as the one you offered?
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I expect lots of low level Magikarp to be received from wonder trades..
    That depends really how rare it is in Kalos. I'm leaning towards more early route Pokémon like Scatterbug to be WT'ed instead.

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    A lot of people are gonna be getting lv. 1 Magikarps courtesy of yours truly
    >: D
    WEEDLES FOR EVERYONE!

Oh, Gamefreak, you know it's bad when everyone agrees that this will backfire.
    Insert witty catchphrase here.

Perhaps this feature might implement a "sign" in each Pokemon that signals to the Wonder Trade a certain tier in the Pokedex, meaning that although each player would still receive a random pokemon in return, instead of choosing from all existing Pokemon, it would simply choose from the tier the offered Pokemon is a part of. For example, if you offered an Eevee, which (in this example) is a part of "Tier 5", you might receive a Jolteon, Rotom, Tyrogue, Lapras, Shuckle, etc, all of which in this example are also in "Tier 5" because they are examples of past Gift Pokemon or evos of gift pokemon.

Another example would be "Tier 6" which consists of standard legendary pokemon, "Tier 7" which consists of event-only legendaries, "Tier 4" which consists of past and present version exclusives or "complimentary pokemon" like Seviper and Zangoose, etc. "Tier 1" could be Bidoof, Magikarp, Zubat :P

Alternatively, this will vary depending on rarity of the Pokemon offered or the catch rate of said Pokemon. Personally I am really hoping something like this system works out, as I simply don't see it not being spammed with Lvl. 1 Bidoofs and Magikarps if it truly is entirely random.
    Last edited by Lykouros; 12th August 2013 at 7:57 AM.

Image drawn by me~

Quote Originally Posted by Lykouros View Post
    Perhaps this feature might implement a "sign" in each Pokemon that signals to the Wonder Trade a certain tier in the Pokedex, meaning that although each player would still receive a random pokemon in return, instead of choosing from all existing Pokemon, it would simply choose from the tier the offered Pokemon is a part of. For example, if you offered an Eevee, which (in this example) is a part of "Tier 5", you might receive a Jolteon, Rotom, Tyrogue, Lapras, Shuckle, etc, all of which in this example are also in "Tier 5" because they are examples of past Gift Pokemon or evos of gift pokemon.

Another example would be "Tier 6" which consists of standard legendary pokemon, "Tier 7" which consists of event-only legendaries, "Tier 4" which consists of past and present version exclusives or "complimentary pokemon" like Seviper and Zangoose, etc. "Tier 1" could be Bidoof, Magikarp, Zubat :P

Alternatively, this will vary depending on rarity of the Pokemon offered or the catch rate of said Pokemon. Personally I am really hoping something like this system works out, as I simply don't see it not being spammed with Lvl. 1 Bidoofs and Magikarps if it truly is entirely random.
    Tier implementation is perfectly fine to me.

POKÉMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE | IGN: VITTORIA | 3DS FC: 2165 - 6014 - 0811

I hope Gamefreak releases steady GTS updates to get rid of glitches and impossible requests that slip through the cracks. 3DS games can be patched now, so there's no excuse.

With that Torchic...
    Can you get the event item, save before talking to the guy in the Pokemart/Centre, then get the Torchic, turn your 3ds off because it was not the right nature and then get it again?

Have never done it before and was wondering.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    With that Torchic...
    Can you get the event item, save before talking to the guy in the Pokemart/Centre, then get the Torchic, turn your 3ds off because it was not the right nature and then get it again?

Have never done it before and was wondering.
    Yes, you can
    ♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
    ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟

♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
    ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

Quote Originally Posted by J.J. Knight View Post
    Yes, you can
    Okay, good, thank you!

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast