Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

What does everyone think of the new(?) PGL screenshots. It looks like they're going for more of a social media site with a Facebook-esque layout. I probably won't be using that aspect of it too much, but hopefully it will also get some kind of Miiverse integration at some point. We should get an easier way to manage online tournaments and such, though.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

I just hope to flying spaghetti monster that they aren't SLOW, CLUNKY, POINTLESS, TIRESOME, or ANNOYING like Gen 5's online features.

With PSS it seems like they are finally getting player interaction up to date. Hopefully this is evidence of Nintendo finally stepping into the 2010s with its online interaction.
    Last edited by jellotime91; 14th August 2013 at 9:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jellotime91 View Post
    I just hope to flying spaghetti monster that they aren't SLOW, CLUNKY, POINTLESS, TIRESOME, or ANNOYING like Gen 5's online features.

With PSS it seems like they are finally getting player interaction up to date. Hopefully this is evidence of Nintendo finally stepping into the 2010s with its online interaction.
    I hope the same, the old one was so slow and had me irritated!

Quote Originally Posted by JW1004 View Post
    I hope the same, the old one was so slow and had me irritated!
    I used the Dream World crap like once, and that was enough for me. It took so long to do anything and just become completely uninteresting to me.

I didn't have as much problem with it being slow as much as I did with it being tedious, unrewarding, and eventually useless. If they want it to be worth going back to every night, they need to include some sort of feature that would be fun to play by itself, not a glorified add on.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Hmm... A lot of the Wi-Fi features sounds cool, I find it funny that the wide range of customization is thanks to PSS and it'll be cool to see a redesign of PGL, I wonder if there will be any major changes added rather than only stuff taken out. I don't really use it or anything, I'm only on it for like a few minutes to play/download/enter something, so hopefully they can make it more appealing and much more stable and less float-y if that makes any sense lol.

And I'm actually looking forward to these new feature plus any other stuff added in there too, tbh.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

I really hope we will be able to make 6v6 random battles. And communties like in Mario Kart, with rules like banned and allowed moves/items/abilities/pokémons. Then Smogon could make communties based on their tiers.
    3DS Friend Code: 5069-4585-1055
    SV: 1845
    Flying-type (Tropius, Farfetch'd and Swanna)

I just bought an American 3DS (I'm from Europe), didn't know that it was region locked 'till after I bought it.. Should have done some research I guess.
    Anyway, I was wondering how this affects my online experience in Pokémon X/Y. Will I be locked into an American version of the Global Link or can I still trade/battle with my fellow Europeans?

Quote Originally Posted by musamotta View Post
    I just bought an American 3DS (I'm from Europe), didn't know that it was region locked 'till after I bought it.. Should have done some research I guess.
    Anyway, I was wondering how this affects my online experience in Pokémon X/Y. Will I be locked into an American version of the Global Link or can I still trade/battle with my fellow Europeans?
    You can trade/battle with everyone.
    3DS Friend Code: 5069-4585-1055
    SV: 1845
    Flying-type (Tropius, Farfetch'd and Swanna)

It's really annoying we can't trade for Pokémon we haven't yet seen. It'd be good to see that in X and Y, cos otherwise it's mostly hackers with Level 1 Arceus trading for shiny Lucario, etc...
    You rock, and you rule!

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do anything. Truth is, you can do anything.

Aim for the top, and be...a Pokémon master!!!
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Pokémon X team:
    - Froakie
    - Torchic
    - Bulbasaur
    -?????
    -?????
    -?????

Honestly, what could help a lot of the problems with GTS is to make it so that you could see more than six trainers at once. They should just bring up a list with every available trade, instead of only letting us see a couple of trades that are picked at random.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    Honestly, what could help a lot of the problems with GTS is to make it so that you could see more than six trainers at once. They should just bring up a list with every available trade, instead of only letting us see a couple of trades that are picked at random.
    Oh. My. Gosh. You don't know how a simple idea like this would help so much... I mean, the Pokemon you're looking for are there, you just got to go through so many switches/options if you're lucky enough to find any.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

They should also control those irritating people who ask for "lvl.9 and under" legends which are impossible to get by any means outside of special event legends. They should do away with level selection entirely, or make restrictions when asking for certain Pokemon.

Focus Blast: "It's a good move with a secondary effect of hitting the opponent"

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    They should also control those irritating people who ask for "lvl.9 and under" legends which are impossible to get by any means outside of special event legends. They should do away with level selection entirely, or make restrictions when asking for certain Pokemon.
    I wholeheartedly agree. I don't think it's to give each pokemon a range of levels they can actually be. If I see a trade for a level 9 Reshiram one more time...

I doubt removing level 9 and under offers and related will change much, people would still ask for ridiculous stuff like lv 100 Lillipup and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    I doubt removing level 9 and under offers and related will change much, people would still ask for ridiculous stuff like lv 100 Lillipup and the like.
    Yes but at least that is possible.

how about they give you a feature to report or block when you see a level 9 and under legendary that cant be caught that way legit

this way if you see one you could hit block and it would replace that trade with a new person who may want a more realistic pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    how about they give you a feature to report or block when you see a level 9 and under legendary that cant be caught that way legit

this way if you see one you could hit block and it would replace that trade with a new person who may want a more realistic pokemon
    I really love this idea very much! Gamefreak should probably take note of this. I am sure that reporting hackers would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Yes, but lvl 100 Lillipups are possible.
    That is a totally valid request..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Yes, but lvl 100 Lillipups are possible.
    That is a totally valid request..
    Nobody is going to do that. There is like no point in it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Nobody is going to do that. There is like no point in it at all.
    You never know, there could be someone out there that trains nothing but Lillipups?
    Unlikely and strange, yes, but it is possible.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    You never know, there could be someone out there that trains nothing but Lillipups?
    Unlikely and strange, yes, but it is possible.
    Really the main reason people ask for level 100 NFE pokemon is just for kicks. With infinite Rare Candies from Action Replay any Gen 1-5 pokemon can be gotten to level 100 easy, but with Gen 6 pokemon they will be in Level 9 and under Reshiram/Zekrom territory because no one will bother to get a Gen 6 NFE pokemon to level 100 and then trade it, because there will be a better trade for whatever sometime later. (Unless someone really, really, REALLY wanted a shiny that was being offered for this effort.)

It would be nice if the GTS started showing a pokemon's ability on the status screen, it would make hunting for Hidden Abilities on the GTS a lot easier.
    3DS FC: 2062-9321-2774

I can't wait for The Wonder Trade Feature. I think Its going to be lots of fun not knowing what you are going to get. I hope we can do it early in the game
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Quote Originally Posted by XD Mewtwo View Post
    It would be nice if the GTS started showing a pokemon's ability on the status screen, it would make hunting for Hidden Abilities on the GTS a lot easier.
    I don't know why it doesn't just show the full summary. If you're giving away a hard-earned pokemon you'd expect to know what you're getting in return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofArcanine View Post
    I can't wait for The Wonder Trade Feature. I think Its going to be lots of fun not knowing what you are going to get. I hope we can do it early in the game
    I think I can guess my first wonder traded pokemon that I will receive: Bidoof
    the 2nd: Bidoof
    the 3rd: Bidoof
    the 57th: Magikarp
    the 58th: Bidoof
    Bidoof

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast