Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

I may be wrong, but didn't someone from GF say that loss of connection would mean that you loose?

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I may be wrong, but didn't someone from GF say that loss of connection would mean that you loose?
    Check this:
    july_p13_01.jpg
    It's from the official website

Basically to answer your question, YES. Personally, I LOVE THIS. I can''t tell you how many times people interrupt the connection by shutting off the DS right when they are about to lose their last pokemon in a Wi-fi match.

Quote Originally Posted by regidude View Post
    Check this:
    july_p13_01.jpg

Basically to answer your question, YES. Personally, I LOVE THIS. I can''t tell you how many times people interrupt the connection by shutting off the DS right when they are about to lose their last pokemon in a Wi-fi match.
    That's awesome! Though, on who's end? It's kinda vague about who get's the loss should connections fail. Would it be both?
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

Quote Originally Posted by dbApplejack View Post
    That's awesome! Though, on who's end? It's kinda vague about who get's the loss should connections fail. Would it be both?
    I surmise that it would count as a win for the person who did not disconnect (that is, if the other person did disconnect).
    I like the idea as well, even though I am not much of a wifi battler.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-XY / National Pokedex Complete-ORAS
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 160+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by oarfish View Post
    I surmise that it would count as a win for the person who did not disconnect (that is, if the other person did disconnect).
    I like the idea as well, even though I am not much of a wifi battler.
    I'm not much of a WiFi battler. But now I will be. This is the reason I don't WiFi battle. I'm still curious about the GTS being spammed with requests for level 9 legendaries and such.. along with Pokemon duping.

I am curious if GF will take steps to prevent RNG manip again as well..

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Check this:
    july_p13_01.jpg

Oh thank god. That's what made my wifi record so lackluster, every time I was about to win, the other person would ragequit. It reached the point where if I ran into someone with an insanely high win count I'd be impressed not that they won so many battles, but because they had so many battles through to completion.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Check this:
    july_p13_01.jpg

If it counts as a loss for the Tage-Quitter, yesness, my WiF will soar.

If it counts for both, Clamperlz, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Cup of Tea View Post
    I am curious if GF will take steps to prevent RNG manip again as well..
    You can't really prevent RNG manipulation, because everyone has the freedom to change the date and time on the 3DS. Every encounter in the game is affected by a complex formula that starts by using the current time on the 3DS clock. Gamefreak can only make that formula more complex, but they can't prevent anyone from changing the time/day/month/year on the 3DS. Someone will find out that formula...it's just a matter of time. I personally RNG, but I wouldn't mind not having RNG manipulation only if gamefreak makes it SIGNIFICANTLY easier to get specific IVs

Quote Originally Posted by Cup of Tea View Post
    GTS being spammed with requests for level 9 legendaries and such
    This is the reason I joined Serebii Forums. I got so irritated by the requests for 'Lv.9 and under Zekrom' or 'Lv.9 and under Jirachi' that I decided it would be better if I joined a site where I could have proper trades.

I also think they should implement a version of the tier system, like there could be a format in which the Pokemon that the fans know as 'Ubers' are banned (maybe not Wobbuffet, but only the legends) and another which limits you to using Pokemon with stat totals of less than say, 580 or so. It would make WiFi Battling a lot more interesting because you make a dedicated team for OU battles and then you get beaten by a team of Ubers 0_0

3DS FC: 3480 3588 2591

Visit my Trade Shop!

ALL HAIL TOXIC ORB GLISCOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Xer-arrowtotheknee-us View Post
    This is the reason I joined Serebii Forums. I got so irritated by the requests for 'Lv.9 and under Zekrom' or 'Lv.9 and under Jirachi' that I decided it would be better if I joined a site where I could have proper trades.

I also think they should implement a version of the tier system, like there could be a format in which the Pokemon that the fans know as 'Ubers' are banned (maybe not Wobbuffet, but only the legends) and another which limits you to using Pokemon with stat totals of less than say, 580 or so. It would make WiFi Battling a lot more interesting because you make a dedicated team for OU battles and then you get beaten by a team of Ubers 0_0
    I think Game Freak needs to ban people that request for level 9 legendaries..this is why i don't use GTS...

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

I dont know why they even did that for legendaries period. They should only do the 9 and under for pokemon that are possible to get in the game as a level 9 or under.

Thats why when I put up pokemon for a legendary I always say any level. I guess you can call that being fair .

I really hope the next coro coro gives us a little more info for wonder trade or the other new GTS features so we understand it more when the game comes very close
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    I think Game Freak needs to ban people that request for level 9 legendaries..this is why i don't use GTS...
    They can't just do that because some legendaries can actually be obtained at Lv. 9 and under legitimately (Regigigas in Platinum, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina in HGSS, the Kami trio in the Dream World). If they're going to crack down on Lv. 9 and under legendaries, it would have to be done conditionally, they'd have to ban requesting legendaries under a certain level until they decide to hand out a legendary at a lower level.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Really glad to see they are doing something about WiFi quitters, that should make the whole experience more enjoyable. I would have had about double the wins on B/W if it wasn't for that, very frustrating!

Now they just need to fix the mentioned GTS problems. Hoping they can put a stop to the exploit.
    Grass Pokemon 4ever

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Also, a filter to get rid of impossible trades on the gts.
    You do know the reason for the "impossible trades" is because of a glitch in the GTS. If you turned off your game at a specific time when you posted a pokemon up for trade on the GTS it would "clone" the pokemon (similar to the glitch in the first two gens). By offering the "impossible trades" it would make it so no one would attempt to get your pokemon and you could just retrieve it from the GTS after rebooting your game. If gamefreak wants to look like a top notch game developer they would want to get that fixed.

So on the front page today there was a post something along the lines of,

"The first details about the upcoming X & Y Test Competition has been announced. They have revealed that the competition is to run around December or January as they prepare the system to prevent cheaters from being able to engage in the competitions. The entry requirements for this tournament were for you to have participated and ranked in the recent 2013 Global Showdown which included a test of these features and banned around 1,500 participants due to using cheated Pokémon."

Does anyone think this apply to Pokémon obtained via pokésav? I'm not asking anyone for pokésav or offering to do it I'm just worried I'll have to spend more than 20 minutes making a team from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by hartazzach6495 View Post

"The first details about the upcoming X & Y Test Competition has been announced. They have revealed that the competition is to run around December or January as they prepare the system to prevent cheaters from being able to engage in the competitions. The entry requirements for this tournament were for you to have participated and ranked in the recent 2013 Global Showdown which included a test of these features and banned around 1,500 participants due to using cheated Pokémon."

Does anyone think this apply to Pokémon obtained via pokésav? I'm not asking anyone for pokésav or offering to do it I'm just worried I'll have to spend more than 20 minutes making a team from now on.
    I think this applies to every form of cheating, and it's main target is more or less hacking, which includes PokeSav, PokeGen, Pokemon created from online Pokemon Generators, Pokemon from pirate GTS servers and the like.

They might have been able to develop a system than can detect discrepancy in code. It's time to say goodbye to Legendaries with impossible levels, Pokemon with unreleased hidden abilities, Pokemon with impossible/inconsistent moves and abilities, Pokemon obtained from impossible locations, etc...

This is really great. Now people should play fair.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by hartazzach6495 View Post

I'd hope so. No offense to those who honestly don't have all the time in the world to create teams the old fashioned way, but it more than helps those of us that do.

Normal Type Gym trainer

*raises sword* we'll find our way back to making unfair battles alive again, muhahahahahaha!!!

Ahem, jokes asides I'm was really surprised on how many cheaters there were in the recent Wifi competition. Great move Gamefreak for noticing these dastardly battlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I think this applies to every form of cheating, and it's main target is more or less hacking, which includes PokeSav, PokeGen, Pokemon created from online Pokemon Generators, Pokemon from pirate GTS servers and the like.

They might have been able to develop a system than can detect discrepancy in code. It's time to say goodbye to Legendaries with impossible levels, Pokemon with unreleased hidden abilities, Pokemon with impossible/inconsistent moves and abilities, Pokemon obtained from impossible locations, etc...

This is really great. Now people should play fair.
    would it also include glitching such as the clone glitch? only glitch i've ever used.

anyway yeah i'm glad game freak is bulking down on hackers maybe the GTS will also get cleaned up and anyone who wants a lvl 9 and under legendary that's not obtainable gets banned
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    would it also include glitching such as the clone glitch? only glitch i've ever used.

anyway yeah i'm glad game freak is bulking down on hackers maybe the GTS will also get cleaned up and anyone who wants a lvl 9 and under legendary that's not obtainable gets banned
    I don't know about clones... I guess it's more about whether or not the Pokemon is legit or not.
    If the cloned Pokemon is legit, then I guess it's okay? There is no way of telling which one is the original and which one are the clones... or is there? I dunno.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    *raises sword* we'll find our way back to making unfair battles alive again, muhahahahahaha!!!

Ahem, jokes asides I'm was really surprised on how many cheaters there were in the recent Wifi competition. Great move Gamefreak for noticing these dastardly battlers.
    Thank you gamefreak!! Now I actually want to play wi-fi now and have no further complaints about cross-compatibility, aside from not having every TM and move tutor since FRLG up to BW2. I hope every TM and move tutor since FRLG up to BW2 is in X and Y, so I don't have to worry about restricted moveset/ability combinations.
    Last edited by regidude; 4th September 2013 at 2:48 AM.

I'll be testing the wifi detection system with my Max IV ARed breed pokemon from HG/SS I make for Wifi battle use, they worked for wifi in Gen 5, but all the quitters made doing hardly much of this not worth my time. I wouldn't have a problem with breeding the old fashioned way if IVs were able to be raised somehow.
    3DS FC: 2062-9321-2774

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I don't know about clones... I guess it's more about whether or not the Pokemon is legit or not.
    What defines legit? I AR'd a lot of Pokemon into Black but that was just using the wild Pokemon modifier codes, I've used xp modifiers for when grinding stopped being fun and item codes to get all the vitamins but the stats are legal. I'd prefer not to get banned from something I've never been able to use before.

Quote Originally Posted by XD Mewtwo View Post
    I'll be testing the wifi detection system with my Max IV ARed breed pokemon from HG/SS I make for Wifi battle use, they worked for wifi in Gen 5, but all the quitters made doing hardly much of this not worth my time. I wouldn't have a problem with breeding the old fashioned way if IVs were able to be raised somehow.
    Well, you can slap a power item of your choice on N's pokemon and breed for the desired IV's.

Normal Type Gym trainer

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    What defines legit? I AR'd a lot of Pokemon into Black but that was just using the wild Pokemon modifier codes, I've used xp modifiers for when grinding stopped being fun and item codes to get all the vitamins but the stats are legal. I'd prefer not to get banned from something I've never been able to use before.
    if it's action replayed or whatever (hacked) its not legit, if i glitch clone my rayquza it's still a legit rayquza i caught in emerald
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast