Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

Oh, thank you. That makes much more sense. I was thinking I had to battle them or something.

FC: 2938-7055-3337
    Normal Friend Safari with Teddiursa/Kecleon/Smeargle
    Shinies: Togepi & Dedenne

Anyone looking forward to pokemon Dream World for X and Y when it gets released? I'm curious to what it's like this time around...
    Darkness is just a friend you can't see!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Trot Away View Post
    Anyone looking forward to pokemon Dream World for X and Y when it gets released? I'm curious to what it's like this time around...
    We're not getting a Dream World, per say.

The closest thing is going to be the attractions at the Pokemileage Club, which are said to reward you items for playing them.

I'm hoping there will be some exclusive prizes to be obtained from them (Extras of the version exclusive Mega Stones would be wonderful), otherwise, I don't there being much of an incentive to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    We're not getting a Dream World, per say.

The closest thing is going to be the attractions at the Pokemileage Club, which are said to reward you items for playing them.

I'm hoping there will be some exclusive prizes to be obtained from them (Extras of the version exclusive Mega Stones would be wonderful), otherwise, I don't there being much of an incentive to it.
    no dream world? aw man, i was quite fond of that...oh well
    Darkness is just a friend you can't see!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

Hey everyone, I'm looking for someone who offers noibat for friend safari. Please pm me with your fc. For everyone else please add my friend code and pm me with your fc. I'll take all the friend codes I can get for friend safari
    My fc is 3454-1114-8889
    Thanks!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Had a loooong battle with an online friend of mine from Japan. He's just one of those kinds of people I find extremely hard to even get a dent on his team. Didn't save the video (Wanted to forget it. xD) but let's just say he used Confuse Ray, Attract, and Thunder wave a few times where it got to the point in the end where he maxed out his Klefki with Calm Mind and put Thunder Wave and attract on my last Pokemon (Sylveon.) Lo and behold, Cute Charm activated and the Klefki fell in love with Sylveon. I was basically just waitng for him to K.O. my Sylveon at that point, don't understand why he didn't switch his Klefki out. Well, it was an extremely long wait with both pokemon in love. D:

How does the criteria for the BWB2W2 medals work?
    For instance there's one for 100 dolls, does that add up the dolls from all of your games, or does it just count the one with the most dolls? Also, does it count the gift ones?
    Black 2 FC: 2452 3367 9936
    White 2 FC: 3225 9990 2378

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayKurt View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm looking for someone who offers noibat for friend safari. Please pm me with your fc. For everyone else please add my friend code and pm me with your fc. I'll take all the friend codes I can get for friend safari
    My fc is 3454-1114-8889
    Thanks!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...xchange-Thread

Anyways, speaking of the Friend Safari, I like the concept and how it promotes interaction, but I dislike how it gives certain players trading power over others for doing absolutely nothing. Players with Pokemon such as Ditto in their Safaris can easily use that to bargain. Many don't use it to bargain, and I am grateful for that, but for many they have power to get any Friend Safari Pokes they want for absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCyrus View Post
    Had a loooong battle with an online friend of mine from Japan. He's just one of those kinds of people I find extremely hard to even get a dent on his team. Didn't save the video (Wanted to forget it. xD) but let's just say he used Confuse Ray, Attract, and Thunder wave a few times where it got to the point in the end where he maxed out his Klefki with Calm Mind and put Thunder Wave and attract on my last Pokemon (Sylveon.) Lo and behold, Cute Charm activated and the Klefki fell in love with Sylveon. I was basically just waitng for him to K.O. my Sylveon at that point, don't understand why he didn't switch his Klefki out. Well, it was an extremely long wait with both pokemon in love. D:
    On the bright side: they're expecting grandchildren soon. =P

A good counter to Attract is to have a mix of genders on your team so one Pokemon can't take all of them down.
    My DWF: Houndour, Lickitung, Torkoal, Vulpix, Jynx, Tangela, Kanghaskan, Riolu, Mr. Mime, Eevee, Ralts, Abra, Sabeleye, Swablu, Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt

White FC: 4728-5167-7076

3DS FC (X): 1461-7514-0002

Friend Safari: Electric (Stunfisk, Emolga, Galvantula)

Add me and PM me and I will add you back for Friend Safari.

Is anyone having any trouble with the Pokemon Global Link site right now? If I try to visit it, it is just a blank white page.
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698
    Twitter/ Tumblr /Secret Base

Quote Originally Posted by Guywhoiam View Post
    Is anyone having any trouble with the Pokemon Global Link site right now? If I try to visit it, it is just a blank white page.
    It is working for me at the moment. Perhaps it is loading slower than usual?
    Pokemon X Friendcode: 1177-7733-6354
    Only add me by notifying me via PM with your FC and Friend Safari pokemon+type.
    My Friend Safari type is Bug type, containing Paras, Illumise, and Vivillion.
    UFT: Freeze-Dry Lapras, Double Spikes HA Venipede, BellyJet Huge Power Marills, Multiscale Dratinis, SR Larvitar, Bullet Seed HA Shroomish, Galewing Fletchlings, Gooey Goomys, Protean Froakies, Rapid Spin+Rock Blast Shellders, and plenty of 2IV dittos.
    LF: Good breedable IV Pokemon, egg moves are a plus, so any sort of leftovers from breeding projects! Message me with anything that is interesting or that you are willing to trade.
    Pokemon X shinies so far: Ariados, Braixen, Excadrill, and Geodude
    Check out my Global Link profile!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanz174 View Post
    It is working for me at the moment. Perhaps it is loading slower than usual?
    It wasn't loading at all.

But it appears to be working now, so all's good.
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698
    Twitter/ Tumblr /Secret Base

Does anyone have a Hitmonchan or trade?

I really like this, is the best online playing for Pokemon and I really disliked the Dreamworld so I'm ok with it not happening anymore.

Note to self: people on the GTS REALLY like Liechi Berries.

I spent 5 days trying to trade a Zygarde for any other legendary on the GTS, took it off and put a Liechi Berry on it and it was gone within 10 minutes. Then put a Liechi Berry on what I got in the trade and managed to get the other legendary I needed to fully complete the Kalos Dex within 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Note to self: people on the GTS REALLY like Liechi Berries.

I spent 5 days trying to trade a Zygarde for any other legendary on the GTS, took it off and put a Liechi Berry on it and it was gone within 10 minutes. Then put a Liechi Berry on what I got in the trade and managed to get the other legendary I needed to fully complete the Kalos Dex within 5 minutes.
    Hm, I should try that to get myself a Xerneas, even though I already got dex data for it. Rotom is insanely popular for GTS trades too. I got everything that's currently possible in the National Dex (that I can't get in Friend Safari that I currently have) all because of Rotom I hatched. There was not one family I couldn't get with a Rotom. Now I just need dex data for Articuno and Moltres, and I'll have dex data for all 596 available Pokemon until the Bank comes out.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by HostileKangaroo View Post
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...xchange-Thread

Anyways, speaking of the Friend Safari, I like the concept and how it promotes interaction, but I dislike how it gives certain players trading power over others for doing absolutely nothing. Players with Pokemon such as Ditto in their Safaris can easily use that to bargain. Many don't use it to bargain, and I am grateful for that, but for many they have power to get any Friend Safari Pokes they want for absolutely nothing.
    Exactly my thoughts.... friend safari is a nice concept but the distribution of pokemon is bad it promotes elitism and discrimination.... players with higly wanted pokemon have so much power, while others not only they cant choose but in the near future they might not even find enough people to add, since who would want someone with common pokemon or not useful Hidden powers, given that u have a limit on how many poeple u add.

anyway on the global ling subject.... its funny that i got rare and awesome pokemon through wonder trade, cause gts is a horrible place wherever i go there all i see is people wanted the legends and starters, even when what they give isnt anything special.... i mean i was looking to trade for the exclusives, since i thought many people would do the same..... but i was wrong 90% of people giving houndoor wanted a legend or a starter -_-
    Last edited by sunny phoenix; 27th October 2013 at 11:37 AM.
    3883-6008-7187

So 596 is the max available right now? Makes sense, given that I'm at 546 with only the legendary birds, 4 fossil families and about 13 Friend Safari lines to go.

Being able to search for Pokémon I've not seen on the GTS and the sheer number available in the games makes me glad I didn't bother spending time on that living Dex craze at the end of last gen to prepare for Pokémon Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    i mean i was looking to trade for the exclusives, since i thought many people would do the same..... but i was wrong 90% of people giving houndoor wanted a legend or a starter -_-
    To be fair, most of the trades asking version exclusives for version exclusives get traded really quickly, leaving the horrible ones behind (At least, they did with all the ones I tried to get).

I have tried out the PSS alot now recently and I really like it! Its so easy and the trade/battle opinions are fun. The Wonder trade is really addicting too, to bad I often get those Route 1 mons, even if am sending out good ones. I atleast get some good ones back sometimes. I also spent hours on the battle spot yesterday and Its really fun to battle with someone uknown. The bad thing is I often battle with people with atleast three legendaries on they're team. Don't know if they are using that many legends only to secure winning or something. But it get boring when they only send them out and beat me, cause I don't use legendaries online :/ But It feels great when my Charizard and Sylveon is able to take out A Xerneas or a Yveltal on they're own

But overall the PSS is great!

Quote Originally Posted by SirCyrus View Post
    Was this in a double or triple battle, or just a single? I came across a random player named "Mitch" earlier with a Klefki front and center in a triple battle. It looks so little, innocent, and helpless...which kind of clued me in that I probably didn't want to let it stay around too long. (and I didn't ) It came with an Aegislash which I happily allowed to set up defense since my team is currently 4/6th special attackers...so this person probably had some sort of plan.

What are Klefkis being used for mainly?

Oh, and by the way, random battles are still aflush with Blazikens, XYZ, Mewtwos, and starters...though every day I see more and more interesting teams coming along. I hope in a month or so it'll mostly be like it was in BW before XY came out...(edit) oh hey, I didn't notice this earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by PokeAmi View Post
    The bad thing is I often battle with people with atleast three legendaries on they're team. Don't know if they are using that many legends only to secure winning or something. But it get boring when they only send them out and beat me, cause I don't use legendaries online :/ But It feels great when my Charizard and Sylveon is able to take out A Xerneas or a Yveltal on they're own
    THIS THIS THIS! I love the no-legendary battles that pop up every now and then. They're usually the most fun/challenging and just plain interesting. You learn a lot from those too.

My personal favorite untrained-XY slaying duo is Togekiss and Dugtrio. (though one of the videos in my sig stars mainly Togekiss and Jolteon) Particularly nice when said Dugtrio gets the Rock Slide flinch in...it -has- to be annoying to legendary spammers.
    Last edited by sarysa; 27th October 2013 at 2:35 PM.
    3DS Friend Code (ENG): 3136-6780-3137 (ImNotThe1% / sarysa) [X] {Charmelion, Fletchinder, Growlithe}
    3DS Friend Code (JPN): 2766-9208-3979 (サリサ / サリサ) [Y] {Machoke, Pancham, Tyrogue}

sarysa's Japanese 4-stat IV breds. Current offerings: SPATK Growlithe, Arena Trap Attack Diglett, Speed Togepi, SPATK Eevee, Timid Eevee, Tank Bulbasaur with Giga Drain, Inner Focus Speed Abra (ready-made 5-stat available for your ready-made 5-stat!)

sarysa the noob's annotated battle videos!

I seem to have found a glitch in the Friend Safari. It seems that no matter how many Vivillon I find in the Safari of someone on my Friends List it doesn't show up as seen when selecting the Safari to enter. I assume it's caused by something to do with the regional patterns?

Quote Originally Posted by PokeAmi View Post
    I have tried out the PSS alot now recently and I really like it! Its so easy and the trade/battle opinions are fun. The Wonder trade is really addicting too, to bad I often get those Route 1 mons, even if am sending out good ones. I atleast get some good ones back sometimes. I also spent hours on the battle spot yesterday and Its really fun to battle with someone uknown. The bad thing is I often battle with people with atleast three legendaries on they're team. Don't know if they are using that many legends only to secure winning or something. But it get boring when they only send them out and beat me, cause I don't use legendaries online :/ But It feels great when my Charizard and Sylveon is able to take out A Xerneas or a Yveltal on they're own

But overall the PSS is great!
    On my part, I'd like it when they have legendaries on their team, just to see them react when they're mopped on the floor. Zygarde is usually trolled by my Gliscor.

What's that? A Mewtwo? Have you met with Dororo-EX? He's a Greninja, and he likes to play mind games.

I'm actually more apprehensive of teams WITHOUT legendaries, especially those Japanese guys. People confident enough to fight without legendaries may prove to be more of a challenge than teams dependent on them. Once the legendaries crumble they run out of options.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    So 596 is the max available right now? Makes sense, given that I'm at 546 with only the legendary birds, 4 fossil families and about 13 Friend Safari lines to go.

Being able to search for Pokémon I've not seen on the GTS and the sheer number available in the games makes me glad I didn't bother spending time on that living Dex craze at the end of last gen to prepare for Pokémon Bank.
    Assuming I counted the list of unobtainables correctly, yeah. 122 unobtainables (would be 125 if it wasn't for the Torchic event). Seeing as all those legendaries and starters add up to a lot, that should be right. Quite a massive portion of the National Dex. It will make things easy when the Bank comes around, as I'll just need to send over my shinies, events, battle teams, and any extra Pokemon that doesn't fit into those other categories.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

If anyone has a Flying or Dragon friend safari, PM me. I need a noibat and I can't frickin find it in an ambush and I heard you can get him in a friend safari

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Assuming I counted the list of unobtainables correctly, yeah. 122 unobtainables (would be 125 if it wasn't for the Torchic event).
    I've checked what I own and what I need and I got 595 myself, though it's possible that I'm missing something.

Something else that people like on the GTS: Vivillon that aren't Modern or Elegant.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    If anyone has a Flying or Dragon friend safari, PM me. I need a noibat and I can't frickin find it in an ambush and I heard you can get him in a friend safari
    Just so you know, you can save before walking into a shadow and the Pokémon will change each time you reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    I'm actually more apprehensive of teams WITHOUT legendaries, especially those Japanese guys. People confident enough to fight without legendaries may prove to be more of a challenge than teams dependent on them. Once the legendaries crumble they run out of options.
    It's not really confidence. Especially since there are fansites like Smogon which tiers everything, there's a large contingency of players who just don't like to use legendaries. I'm at best a lurker there myself, but regardless I just think >600 base stat legendaries are boring to use. Most legendary teams are run by people who are extremely new to the world of battling...probably not even aware of official tournaments barring specific mons. (I'm anticipating X/Y to be on the ban list)

On the other hand, a non-legendary team with items on everything and everything at level 50 is probably a credible threat. They get types right, they get special vs physical right. They have some kind of a plan and probably a contingency or two. All their mons are properly EV trained and may even be 5-stat now that it's relatively easy to do so.

Out of maybe 100 or so double and triple battles I've done, I've only encountered one person who EV trained (possibly even save scummed for IVs) and got Battle Maison items for their legendaries. This person wiped the floor with me. But it's such a waste of talent, IMO. All other legendary teams typically have randomly EV'd X or Y, low-EV Mewtwo and low-EV Zygarde. They usually mis-type their attacks and don't have items on many of their mons.

As someone with a prepared team, I've lost only once to a legendary team (the prepared one), once to a prepared team with Xerneas (though it was close :P ), but MANY times to non-legendary (birds are OK) teams. I still have nightmares about a fire weather team that made me rethink my early attempts at creating one...hyper-prepared and even had Imprison.
    Last edited by sarysa; 27th October 2013 at 10:41 PM.
    3DS Friend Code (ENG): 3136-6780-3137 (ImNotThe1% / sarysa) [X] {Charmelion, Fletchinder, Growlithe}
    3DS Friend Code (JPN): 2766-9208-3979 (サリサ / サリサ) [Y] {Machoke, Pancham, Tyrogue}

sarysa's Japanese 4-stat IV breds. Current offerings: SPATK Growlithe, Arena Trap Attack Diglett, Speed Togepi, SPATK Eevee, Timid Eevee, Tank Bulbasaur with Giga Drain, Inner Focus Speed Abra (ready-made 5-stat available for your ready-made 5-stat!)

sarysa the noob's annotated battle videos!

Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast