Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

I got a lot of good potential breeding parents from Wonder Trade yesterday. I was pretty happy about that.

I'm actually getting ready to put up Bold Chansey's with Pokerus over wonder trade. So look out for those.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

I've been decently lucky when I Wonder Trade. I've gotten the occasional randomly-caught low level Pokemon, but I've also gotten stuff like Chespin and Froakie with their hidden abilities. My favorite so far is the Japanese jolly Torchic I received a few days ago.
    X INFO
    FC: 0791-2399-4648
    FRIEND SAFARI: Ghost: Pumpkaboo

~~BLACK 2 INFO~~
    FC: 4642 6938 1228
    MEDAL RALLY: 207/255
    POKEDEX: 648/649
    MISSING:

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    I'm actually getting ready to put up Bold Chansey's with Pokerus over wonder trade. So look out for those.
    I've got a bunch of Aromatherapy/Seismic Toss Chanseys I should send out. I'm sure people would appreciate those.

I know it's part of GTS's risk but...couldn't people read what "Japan4IV HA only" means? I would suppose 4IV HA part would sound gibberish to casual players, but I'm pretty sure it's understood when I say Japan I don't mean from the United States.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    I know it's part of GTS's risk but...couldn't people read what "Japan4IV HA only" means? I would suppose 4IV HA part would sound gibberish to casual players, but I'm pretty sure it's understood when I say Japan I don't mean from the United States.
    Unfortunately, you also can't guarantee that everyone's honest.

Quote Originally Posted by JFD View Post
    True, but many people are decent with their trades, especially the Japanese (that's why I prefer them as foreign Masuda parent sources). After all, RNG karma can hurt really bad.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by JFD View Post
    True, but many people are decent with their trades, especially the Japanese (that's why I prefer them as foreign Masuda parent sources). After all, RNG karma can hurt really bad.
    Well not so much for me, one of the many reasons why I don't use GTS. In fact I've gotten way better trades from Wonder Trade.
    I traded away 5 with Hidden Abilities, requesting for others in Friend Safari's that I didn't have. Did the whole message thing wasn't expecting much, but you can get screwed over badly due to the small request options. I mean all there is for you to choose from is the Mon, Gender, and Level they need to give us more options like Abilites, and Region so the trades are more specific. Sure people can abuse that to request something that's near impossible to get, but at least we have filters to get rid of all the crappy trades.
    I'm done requesting Pokemon on GTS, I might still seek out Pokemon for those that actually are reasonable. An I'm more then generous to them giving something with 4-5IVs, HA, possibly even Pokerus just depends.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    Well not so much for me, one of the many reasons why I don't use GTS. In fact I've gotten way better trades from Wonder Trade.
    I traded away 5 with Hidden Abilities, requesting for others in Friend Safari's that I didn't have. Did the whole message thing wasn't expecting much, but you can get screwed over badly due to the small request options. I mean all there is for you to choose from is the Mon, Gender, and Level they need to give us more options like Abilites, and Region so the trades are more specific. Sure people can abuse that to request something that's near impossible to get, but at least we have filters to get rid of all the crappy trades.
    I'm done requesting Pokemon on GTS, I might still seek out Pokemon for those that actually are reasonable. An I'm more then generous to them giving something with 4-5IVs, HA, possibly even Pokerus just depends.
    I to really wish abilities was a parameter. When I asked on the GTS for a Hidden Ability Goomy I got lucky and was sent one straight away thanks to some awesome person from Japan. Also got my Portean Froakie really fast. But now however I've been hunting for a Lightingrod Pichu/Pikachu and constantly get Static ones sent over, while in return they get Hidden Ability Eevee's (which I now need to go re-breed as I am almost out).
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    I to really wish abilities was a parameter. When I asked on the GTS for a Hidden Ability Goomy I got lucky and was sent one straight away thanks to some awesome person from Japan. Also got my Portean Froakie really fast. But now however I've been hunting for a Lightingrod Pichu/Pikachu and constantly get Static ones sent over, while in return they get Hidden Ability Eevee's (which I now need to go re-breed as I am almost out).
    I'm kind of surprised that wasn't included as an additional filter as well really. I wonder if it's something GF may consider for future titles?
    I deposited into the GTS a couple times requesting a Drought Vulpix with my own HA. Took a couple tries, but I finally got it. XD
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    I'm kind of surprised that wasn't included as an additional filter as well really. I wonder if it's something GF may consider for future titles?
    I deposited into the GTS a couple times requesting a Drought Vulpix with my own HA. Took a couple tries, but I finally got it. XD
    Ah, so HA is the international GTS term for Hidden Ability (should have figured really)
    Thankfully I just managed to find a Friend Safari with the Pikachu's I wanted. maybe now I can breed some and spread the HA versions out to the people like me who have been searching for some, get some good GTS Karma.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Ah, so HA is the international GTS term for Hidden Ability (should have figured really)
    Thankfully I just managed to find a Friend Safari with the Pikachu's I wanted. maybe now I can breed some and spread the HA versions out to the people like me who have been searching for some, get some good GTS Karma.
    Yup. ;p
    That's good though! Speaking of, I need to go through a friend's Electric Safari to see if there's a Pichu in there. :B
    That's really nice of you!
    I'm going to do the same once I REALLY start breeding again; it's fun. c:

Art belongs to me

Is there any guide out there for common Japanese terms used in the GTS? I read Japanese fairly well but I'm hesitant to trade in case I'm accidentally ignoring a request on their part. I know things like the Japanese names for hidden abilities I can look up on Bulbapedia.

In any case, I traded an eevee with his hidden ability to someone requesting ゆめ on their trade. Yume = dream, right? Dream world ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    I got a lot of good potential breeding parents from Wonder Trade yesterday. I was pretty happy about that.
    Me too Got a bunch of perfect or near perfect foreign Pokemon today to breed for flawless and Shiny Pokemon. Even got 3 japanese Ditto's withing 10 minutes.
    Wonder trade is great. Get better deals off Wonder Trade than on the GTS.

This has probably been asked before, but can I transfer over all the achievements and goodies from my White and White 2 worlds to my X/Y one (items, decorations, berries, etc.)?
    "Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; and I will bear you and I will deliver you." - Isaiah 46:4

;700;

Quote Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
    This has probably been asked before, but can I transfer over all the achievements and goodies from my White and White 2 worlds to my X/Y one (items, decorations, berries, etc.)?
    Nope, just Pokemon.

Art belongs to me

So when the B/W Global Link is shut down, all that progress will be lost?
    "Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; and I will bear you and I will deliver you." - Isaiah 46:4

;700;

Quote Originally Posted by PokeAmi View Post
    Me too Got a bunch of perfect or near perfect foreign Pokemon today to breed for flawless and Shiny Pokemon. Even got 3 japanese Ditto's withing 10 minutes.
    Wonder trade is great. Get better deals off Wonder Trade than on the GTS.
    I haven't been fortunate enough to get any shinies through Wonder Trade yet. I'm surprised people would be so willing to give those away.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    I haven't been fortunate enough to get any shinies through Wonder Trade yet. I'm surprised people would be so willing to give those away.
    No, he means he got perfect IV pokemon, which he's going to use to breed shiny pokemon.
    Before the final rat has eaten the last gram of you, Rapture will have returned.
    I will lead a parade. "Who was that," they'll say, as they point to the sad shape hanging on my wall, "who was that?"

Friend Safari contains Tranquill, Tropius, and an unknown surprise. Keeps some of that awesome suspension, right??

It's a Doduo

FC 4828 4824 4050

I've got a load of left over 5iv pokemon from my breeding projects. Think ill just wonder trade them away in the hopes ill get some nice foreign pokemon in return. Ill edit my post if I get anything worth mentioning.

So I finished wonder trading about 30 5iv pokemon and the best thing I got was a Japanese female gligar with immunity which is nice since I'm gonna be breeding for one later but that's all I really kept.
    Last edited by dark1raven3; 18th November 2013 at 10:50 PM.
    National dex complete - shiny charm obtained

Name:Stacey
    My 3ds friend code. 2981-5742-9029

My shiniesx4.x5. x4. -braixen- x2. x3. -trevenant-x2. x2.-honedge- froakie -x2.x2.
    http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Dar...?sort=3&page=1

IV breeder - have many iv bred pokemon and can breed many if you want a list of what I can breed pm me.

well I just wonder traded all my dratini's away, not IV bred sadly since im still trying to learn iv breeding. I did managed to get some almost iv bred pokemon from wonder trading them. I will be clearing out the pokemon that didnt get good iv results so I can iv bred a Pokemon that hatches faster, or just go for a shiny via masuda method. Whatever full boxes I have again I'll be wonder trading them away hoping for more foreign pokemon and others that are IV Bred
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

if i get a vivillon by trade and its a different design, if i breed it will the vivillon eventually have the same design or will it be the one i have.

Also if i breed the foreign one with my one will that work to get the different design, or do we literally have to trade to get the other designs?

First run Pokemon Y Team - Charizard, Yveltal, Delphox, Floette, Tyrantrum, Sliggoo - Reserves - Talonflame, Lapras, Blaziken, Malamar, Abomasnow

Second Run Pokemon Y Team- Greninja, Aurorus, Roserade, Mawile, Charizard, Meowstic - Reserves - Mewtwo, Yveltal

Third Run Pokemon Y Team (so far) - Quilladin, Magmar, Dragalge, Staraptor, Vaporeon, Heracross - Reserves - Haunter, Heatmor, Hawlucha

Quote Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
    So when the B/W Global Link is shut down, all that progress will be lost?
    Your dream points will be converted into Pokemiles (not a 1:1 conversion) and you will get a few medals based on what you did in the dream world (ie: buying houses and so on)

Otherwise yes, that "progress" will all be lost.

Well, to clarify you get better results when you're searching for them. When you're doing the deposit...well it seems English readers really don't do much English reading...it's what I'm complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by IMACHARIZARDGUY View Post
    if i get a vivillon by trade and its a different design, if i breed it will the vivillon eventually have the same design or will it be the one i have.

Also if i breed the foreign one with my one will that work to get the different design, or do we literally have to trade to get the other designs?
    All the eggs you breed in your own game will hatch with your native pattern, regardless of where the original Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon from.

So if your native pattern is Meadow, for example, and you manage to get an Icy Snow Vivillon, any attempt to breed the Icy Snow pattern in your game will always result in Meadows.
    Pokemon Y
    Trainer Name: Y
    3DS Friend Code: 0946-2358-7257
    Friend Safari: Grass - Tangela, Sawsbuck, Quilladin
    Vivillon Pattern: Modern
    Searching for English Scatterbug EGGS of the following patterns, in Pokeballs: Elegant, Monsoon

Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast