Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1215

Thread: Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

The New Mini game is Extremely Helpful. Getting Stones Like the Shiny Stone and The Dawn Stone is alot easier on this then it is during super training. Also Getting the EV Berries is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    The attraction sure is underwhelming.

I was expecting something closer to an actual game, not a glorified prize lottery with horrible odds of getting something other then berries.
    Were you just clicking balloons randomly?

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    The attraction sure is underwhelming.

I was expecting something closer to an actual game, not a glorified prize lottery with horrible odds of getting something other then berries.
    I got a shiny stone on my second try in Level 1. Need to try Level 2 and Level 3 later.

EDIT: Just tried level 2, got an electirizer on my first try there with an E Rank, got berries with D Rank.
    Last edited by Iris Mist; 14th January 2014 at 3:09 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I've only played 4 times, but the points for balloons seem mostly arbitrary. I ended up with about the same range of points clinking randomly as I did going for small or fast ones, and even when I went only for one type of balloon the points varied all over the place. I got ev berries, a fire stone and a water stone, not exactly great.
    Will-Powered Spriter

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Theres another way?

The score seems meaningless. I played a few times, the highest score I got was 95 for which i received 3 Pomeg Berries. The game after 82 and got a Razor Fang. I see no real method of scoring just pot luck. Although I do wonder if the pokemon floating around in any way effect the score.
    Electric Emolga, Zebstrika and Pikachu

5129 - 1036 - 0654

I got 100 points in my second try and I saved a picture with the combination and after I tried the same combination again, I only got around 50-60 points So really random..
    N3DS FC: 4785 - 5327 - 6216.. Please PM me with your friendcode, so I also can add you!

Spoiler:- My Pokémon Y-team!:

May you and your Pokémon have a great day!

*If you need help with trade-evolving, I would be happy to help you! Just send me a PM and we can figure out something

Quote Originally Posted by cxoa View Post
    Theres another way?

The score seems meaningless. I played a few times, the highest score I got was 95 for which i received 3 Pomeg Berries. The game after 82 and got a Razor Fang. I see no real method of scoring just pot luck. Although I do wonder if the pokemon floating around in any way effect the score.
    You get higher scores by popping the smaller and faster balloons, while the larger ones get you less points.

*facepalm* I cant even use game sync because the server is busy. Im so done.

X & Y:
    FC: 1762 4121 3903
    Water - Quagsire, Octillery, Frogadier

Quote Originally Posted by BeneathTheWaves View Post
    *facepalm* I cant even use game sync because the server is busy. Im so done.
    Neither can I, servers are overloaded I imagine.

I logged out of it online and then restarted my game and tried. Its working now.. I have no idea if that helped at ll though. This balloon popping game is lame. I have no idea how to get a better score? I guess youre supposed to click the faster balloons? It seems like the lower my rank the better prizes I got.

X & Y:
    FC: 1762 4121 3903
    Water - Quagsire, Octillery, Frogadier

No offense, but this balloon popping game sucks really bad. What kind of game doesn't bother to tell you (or at least mention a rumor) how to score a lot of points?

*Shows EV Berries*

I HAVE LIKE 200 OF THESE BERRIES. I WANT A TRADE ITEM. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Mist View Post
    You get higher scores by popping the smaller and faster balloons, while the larger ones get you less points.
    Thanks, I read the site too. It just doesnt seem to tally with my experience while actually playing. I tried several "systems" and the scoring seemed to make no sense to me whatsoever. Big, medium, Small never gave any pattern of score, it just seems to be pop and hope. And even when I got a high score I often got, in my opinion, one of the poorer prizes.
    Electric Emolga, Zebstrika and Pikachu

5129 - 1036 - 0654

I got 11 Points and then a Dawn Stone

I'm pretty okay with these games

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I got 11 Points and then a Dawn Stone

I'm pretty okay with these games
    It's the game's way of mocking you by giving you a prized item such as that. It felt pity for you.

...OR do very bad to do very good.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    It's the game's way of mocking you by giving you a prized item such as that. It felt pity for you.

...OR do very bad to do very good.
    So if I score -100, would I get a secret Starf Berry prize?

In all seriousness, 31 points got me a Shiny Stone and 93 got me a Metal Coat. Cool, but 100 points gets me Hondew Berries? Eh...
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

I got a 58 as a score once at level 3 and got a Razor Claw. One less item to save BP for at the Maison. X)
    But yeah, the point value seems a little inconsistent...
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Every time I play the level 3, I get Pomeg berries. It doesn't matter what the score or how many times I play it, I get Pomeg berries. Is it too much to ask for a Reaper Cloth or a Dusk Stone?

EDIT: Scratch that. No matter what level I play, I get the berries. The balloons hate me.
    Last edited by McIntyre; 14th January 2014 at 10:51 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 3411-1538-5543
    Friend Safari Type: Grass - Oddish, Gogoat, Sawsbuck

This is just a waste of Pokemiles that could be used for buying things like PP ups and Heart Scales and such. There is not at all a consistency to scoring and the scores are all over the place. I usually get either a ten or one and not much in between. When I heard you could get stuff like Razor Claws and Dubious Discs and Oval Stones I thought this would be pretty neat. Then I saw how bad it actually was. Theres really no way to really have a shot at getting something you want. Its really just spend 100 miles for a 70% chance of EV berries or a 15% chance of something you dont really need like an Everstone or a Fire stone or stuff easy to get tons of. Remaining is a 5% chance to get something you actually want and could use. I had high hopes after seeing what they could do with the games in the old Dream World but I am quite disappointed. I dont think I will be using this ever again.

I scored poorly (rank E) and managed to get some evolution held items for some reason. Protector for example. Also berries.
    Rank D gives me berries and evolution stones occasionally.
    Rank C gives me stones and sometimes berries.
    Haven't obtained Rank B and above.

The score and items are so random...

Dunno if anyone saw, but someone on /vp/ found an item "on the PGL servers"

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/share/images/item/6fe339.png

Looks like a cookie or something. It apparently comes between Luminose Cookie and the fossils.

Kind of resembles a sub to me, or a boat. Although that doesn't make much sense being on a cookie.

Also, I ended up getting a few evolution items from playing earlier. Pretty fun time waster, although I wish berries weren't an option because they seem to favor those more. These are a heck of a lot better than trying (and failing) to get evo items from the Super Training though haha. Too bad I don't really need many items until Pokemon Bank comes out. From what it seems like, the points are completely random. (as in, X amount of points will get you Y prize). They probably just randomly select a prize from the list, with a higher chance for berries than anything else. As everyone has said, faster and smaller balloons net more points. Couple other places I've seen people mentioning clicking them as soon as they appear at the bottom or top and you'll get the 10 points but I dunno how accurate that is.
    Last edited by spyroflame0487; 15th January 2014 at 1:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spyroflame0487 View Post

Looks like a cookie or something. It apparently comes between Luminose Cookie and the fossils.

Kind of resembles a sub to me, or a boat. Although that doesn't make much sense being on a cookie.
    Interesting find. I do think it's a cookie (although more like a cracker), and it does look like a boat.

Could it be a regional delicacy just like the Ragecandybar, Lava Cookie, Old Gateau, Castelia Cone, and Lumiose Galette? If it is, could it be from the backpacker's unknown region? Yet another XY mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by spyroflame0487 View Post

Also, I ended up getting a few evolution items from playing earlier. Pretty fun time waster, although I wish berries weren't an option because they seem to favor those more. These are a heck of a lot better than trying (and failing) to get evo items from the Super Training though haha. Too bad I don't really need many items until Pokemon Bank comes out. From what it seems like, the points are completely random. (as in, X amount of points will get you Y prize). They probably just randomly select a prize from the list, with a higher chance for berries than anything else. As everyone has said, faster and smaller balloons net more points. Couple other places I've seen people mentioning clicking them as soon as they appear at the bottom or top and you'll get the 10 points but I dunno how accurate that is.
    I did try clicking the balloons as soon as they appear. I managed to get higher points, but not always 10.

Random as it is, at least it's a faster way of getting the trade evolution items then struggling through the Battle Maison.

Someone else apparently did some more digging and downloaded all the images. Cool to see some slightly larger artwork for some stuff like the Strange Souvenir.

I believe they found all the mega stone images (none for anything else besides whats in game and Blazikenite) and also..a Heavy Ball? Dunno if they saw any other of the apricorn balls though, they haven't said. (they're probably just for the GTS record)

I would rather the items be given away in a raffle-like mini-game since the reward system is so random. The balloon game is barely a game. There is no time limit nor is there any penalties. Also, there is no guarantee that you will receive the item you want when you "win" the game. There should at least be a counter system or something that indicates that you must score at least 80 points or achieve a certain rank to receive certain items.
    3DS FC: 3496-9493-8590

Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast