Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1215

Thread: Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong forum.

Do any one of you have a Ditto, Eevee or a Growlithe on your friend code?

I have no idea what I have, but my FC is: 4055-4145-5717

I'd appreciate it if you'd add me on the 3ds. Very much like to finish breeding my Zubats from 3 to 5 IVs.

Quote Originally Posted by manniezmoll View Post
    no need for the snark...like I said, it was my 1st time using the PGL in this gen. I don't know what maintenance times are or anything about it yet. I thought I was doing something wrong, thanks for the info you did give. I'll just give it some time & try again later to access it.
    I believe the problem might lie in that you already "connected" to the PGL today, so you might not be able to do anything for 24 hours. Not sure really though, but I'd just try later.

As for the cracker thing, I think that's an entirely new discovery outside of the image. (I wasn't aware people had seen them already before haha.)

So I just tried the balloon popping game... and on my third try I got a 100 points score Yeey... Only I still got three stupid berry's, that just sucks.
    It's seems to be absolutely random, there's no reason to even try for a high score. Basically just an odd wheel of fortune, favoring the berry's. Still a nice way to get evolution items though, I just wish there would be more of an actual point to the game.
    Pokemon X
    http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/M-322-0034-S/timeline
    3DS FC: 3239-2904-2693. Please PM me when you add me with yours. Normal: Minccino, Smeargle, Teddiursa

I'm finally able to pick up my Discount Coupon and play the Balloon Popping minigame.....and wow that game's scoring system is so random.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    So has anyone figured out how the Balloon game actually scores things? I've gotten little out of hunting for small/fast balloons, and randomly got a 100 for alternating Whimsicott and Emolga balloons (this never worked again).
    I don't think anyone figured it out already.

Small or fast balloon however, tend to give me 10 points, though for whatever reason it's not always the case.

But even then that doesn't matter, I've gotten stones and trade evolution items while only being Rank E/D/C. Rank A and B only gives me berries so far.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

This has been bothering me for awhile. How exactly do you obtain the Pokeradar Operator Medal on the Global Link? According to the Global Link description you have to register 10 Pokemon with the Pokeradar.

My first thought was that this meant to register them in the Pokedex, but since I've completed the Pokedex this would be impossible.

My next thought was to chain the Pokemon that the scientist in Sycamore's lab requests, and do this 10 times. I did this, and after chaining 10 different Pokemon for the scientist dude, I still did not receive the medal (yes, I did remember to game sync my game afterwards).

Does anyone know how to obtain this medal? I'm lost.

Edit: Figured it out.
    Last edited by Jzny; 16th January 2014 at 2:43 PM.
    Friend Code
    3711-9128-0153

IGN
    Josh

The Six Regions Team

Alpha Sapphire Team

Has anyone discovered any particular pattern for the locations of your passersby? I'll sometimes get 10 people from Japan in a row, and then just a random assortment of places. It's not important, it's just ...odd. How are they defining passersby anyway? Where are they coming from?
    Is there any way to add them to your friends list?
    Now THAT is something I need to know, because once I find someone with native icy snow Vivillon, I'll need to communicate with them about breeding.
    Last edited by MrThEsTaN; 16th January 2014 at 7:36 AM.
    Friend Safari: Ground: Trapinch, Marowak & Diggersby

Y Friend Code: 0834 2236 1763
    Black Friend Code: 2065 8209 0070 Depressingly no longer relevant

Credit goes to Astral Shadow for the awesome banner!

Has anyone gotten their PokeMiles from the Dream World yet? Because I still haven't.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Has anyone gotten their PokeMiles from the Dream World yet? Because I still haven't.
    IIRC they said they would be credited at the end of January
    Electric Emolga, Zebstrika and Pikachu

5129 - 1036 - 0654

Quote Originally Posted by MrThEsTaN View Post
    Has anyone discovered any particular pattern for the locations of your passersby? I'll sometimes get 10 people from Japan in a row, and then just a random assortment of places. It's not important, it's just ...odd. How are they defining passersby anyway? Where are they coming from?
    Is there any way to add them to your friends list?
    Now THAT is something I need to know, because once I find someone with native icy snow Vivillon, I'll need to communicate with them about breeding.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have to interact with a passerby twice for them to be added to your friend list.
    "I know, too, that death is the only god that comes when called." Robert Zelazny

3DS Friend code: 1650-1704-4324
    Safari: Bug type. Masquerain, Ledyba, Pinsir.

Pokemon Trade Offers (5th generation):

*FT: Shiny creation trio (Giratina/Palkia/Dialga), HA Kami Trio, Reshiram and Zekrom.
    *Looking for legitimate legendary or shiny Pokemon.

Animal Crossing Dream Address: 5300-3515-7188

Twitter: @ReallyEmily5
    Believe it or not, I'm a girl.

I am a new member so sorry in advance if I am posting in the wrong area.
    I did a little test today. I played the balloon pop game 10 times each level and level 1 I got a couple of berries but more evolution items. Level 2 I got more berries and less evolution items. Level 3 I got most berries and only one evolution item. I think more or less random with levels of the game having something to determine what you get more or less of. I know 20 medals are needed to access the game but I think if you have more medals you will more easily get better items. I would like to see a test on this idea. When I did my little test I had 77 medals. Just a thought.

Sorry if this comes up twice.
    Has anyone figured out the point system for the balloons?
    I would imagine that the small ones would give the most but this has not been the case for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GrassBlade View Post
    Sorry if this comes up twice.
    Has anyone figured out the point system for the balloons?
    I would imagine that the small ones would give the most but this has not been the case for me.
    It's completely random, as well as the random prices. You may as well click anything that moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I have, several times. XD
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

how many levels are there for balloon popping? says the more medals you have, the more levels. i only have about half of the medals, and 3 levels. curious what all items exist if there are more than 3 levels.
    3DS Friend Code: Doobius - 1607-2505-9784
    Safari: Electric - Pikachu - Dedenne - Luxio

Your signature contained too many images. Read the rules before you add anything new.

What does it mean when someone compliments you?>

IGN: Alexis
    NEW FC: 1865-1370-9179
    I FINALLY HAVE MY DS!!
    TRADE SHOP NOW OPEN!! Please click here and trade me!

Quote Originally Posted by Asmoday View Post
    What does it mean when someone compliments you?>
    They like you.

Congratulations.

I mean is it the same thing as "nice"? how do I compliment someone

IGN: Alexis
    NEW FC: 1865-1370-9179
    I FINALLY HAVE MY DS!!
    TRADE SHOP NOW OPEN!! Please click here and trade me!

Quote Originally Posted by Asmoday View Post
    I mean is it the same thing as "nice"? how do I compliment someone
    Yes, you compliment someone by clicking the 'NICE' button.
    By doing that, you'll shower them with stars.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Doobius View Post
    how many levels are there for balloon popping? says the more medals you have, the more levels. i only have about half of the medals, and 3 levels. curious what all items exist if there are more than 3 levels.
    Anyone have an answer to this? I also have 3 levels. Currently have 68 medals.

I picked up my discount coupon and played the balloon pop game for the first time today. played it 10 times so that I could get that medal. should be at 69 medals now. This is what I earned:

Kelpsy Berry 03
    Qualot Berry 06
    Pomeg Berry 06
    Reaper Cloth 01
    Tamato Berry 03
    Dusk Stone 01
    Protector 01
    Leaf Stone 01
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by kyle72686 View Post
    Anyone have an answer to this? I also have 3 levels. Currently have 68 medals.
    The Balloon Popping attraction ONLY has 3 levels. And it only requires at least 20 Medals to play it.

"In order to play Balloon Popping, you will also need to have earned at least 20 Medals (you can check how many you have on your Profile page). If you have at least 20 Medals, you will be able to select from Levels 1 through 3 to play."
    Source: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/support/2/...ut-attraction/

It was nowhere mentioned that "the more medals you have, the more levels." I dunno where Doobius got that from...

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Baloon Popping is a waste of time in my opinion. I'd rather save my miles for Rare Candies than spend them to torture myself with the random rewards...It's only good as a quick way of getting some of the Berries, really.

It's very disappointing as a successor of Dream World :/

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Baloon Popping is a waste of time in my opinion. I'd rather save my miles for Rare Candies than spend them to torture myself with the random rewards...It's only good as a quick way of getting some of the Berries, really.

It's very disappointing as a successor of Dream World :/
    I agree with that too, but it's probably the only way I can get evolutionary items without wasting BPs in the Battle Maison
    So far I've gotten 2 Shiny Stones, 2 Dragon Scales, 2 Deep Sea Scales and a Metal Coat. The rest are just the common stones and berries...

~ FS: Fighting - Mienfoo, Pancham, Breloom ~

3DS FC: 4081-5633-2913
    PM me if you added me!

Indeed. I'm sure nobody would hate the balloon game so much if your score actually influenced something, but after spending 1800 miles on it, all I got were mostly Tamato and Pomeg berries, two moon stones and a razor claw. They need to change it so berries are only rewarded at E rank and lower so it is more worthwile.
    Pokemon X Version 3DS Friend Code: 5086-1106-1225
    Friend Safari (X) - Poison - Toxicroak, Ariados, Serviper (it sucks I know)

Currently Require: Dex data for All event legends except Phione.

Quote Originally Posted by Metagross8 View Post
    They need to change it so berries are only rewarded at E rank and lower so it is more worthwile.
    Tying the reward to the ranking is kinda useless, considering that the ranking appears to be just as random.

Quote Originally Posted by Metagross8 View Post
    Indeed. I'm sure nobody would hate the balloon game so much if your score actually influenced something, but after spending 1800 miles on it, all I got were mostly Tamato and Pomeg berries, two moon stones and a razor claw. They need to change it so berries are only rewarded at E rank and lower so it is more worthwile.
    Honestly, the entire reward/scoring system needs to be redone so it actually means something when you get a higher rank. It'd be even nice if there were somewhat similar mini-games that DreamWorld had that could also award you rankings and prizes according to you score.
    Last edited by Rio!; 25th January 2014 at 9:08 PM.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849 LastLast