Thread: Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

I'm hoping we get something similar to dream world
    I liked how it was separate from the game

As for the gts I'd say leave it as is but widen the searches
    Looking at a pokemon moves and ability would be nice

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I really wish action replay didn't exist lol but oh well.. people have been cheating on video games since the beginning of time. +_+

But yah as everyone says I hope they make it so that you can't search for legendaries under level 50.. It was kind of a bummer searching the GTS and finding someone who offered a shiny Pokemon for a legendary under level 9 ..Although I'm sure the shiny Pokemon was just hacked as well anyhow >_>
    I'm Neriifur, and I'm friggen awesome.

- - Pokemon X Team - -

IGN: Neriifur FC: 1220 7186 9298 | SV 1033 |

Pokemon Breeder | Trainer | Artist.

My Shiny Pokemon Tumblr!

You can check a Pokemon to see if it's been tampered with. So you know what I'd really like the GTS to do? Run a legitimacy test on the Pokemon before allowing it to be traded.

Also, I'd like matchmaking. The random matchup was cool and all but, I really hated being limited on what I could and couldn't use and then' I couldn't even use my whole team. So, I'd really like a matchmaking system similar to that of Pokemon Online into the games. The only way to do this online was exchanging friend codes and seeing as I have no friends, I'd like this.

Of maybe even an online plaza or lobby of some sort where you could go right up to a person and challenge them or offer them a trade.

Team building is pretty cool but, I'd actually like to use my team after I worked so hard to put it together.
    Last edited by ninijatt; 19th July 2013 at 11:13 PM.
    Insert witty catchphrase here.

Quote Originally Posted by Neriifur View Post
    I really wish action replay didn't exist lol but oh well.. people have been cheating on video games since the beginning of time. +_+

But yah as everyone says I hope they make it so that you can't search for legendaries under level 50.. It was kind of a bummer searching the GTS and finding someone who offered a shiny Pokemon for a legendary under level 9 ..Although I'm sure the shiny Pokemon was just hacked as well anyhow >_>
    Thing is though, some legendaries actually do exist at Lv. 1 (examples: Regigigas in Platinum, the Creation trio in HGSS), so in those cases, you can legitimately ask for them. Which makes the whole problem more difficult to solve because they need to restrict it for particular Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Neriifur View Post

If i'm not wrong, you can get legendary Pokemon at Level 5 through Dream Radar like the Kami Trio, the Tower Duo, and the Creation Trio. I already got a level 5 Giratina from the GTS but traded it before I know its legitimate.

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

I suggest to create a thread in wich we trade our 3ds friend codes, so we can enjoy more of the on line features of X and Y from the launch day ...or, if you want, we can trade in this one...hope you like the idea...so, here's mine: 0645-6857-2681

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Thing is though, some legendaries actually do exist at Lv. 1 (examples: Regigigas in Platinum, the Creation trio in HGSS), so in those cases, you can legitimately ask for them. Which makes the whole problem more difficult to solve because they need to restrict it for particular Pokemon.
    I don't necessarily agree with this, but Game Freak could always just have kind of a "too bad, your loss" mentality and force a player to get the legendary in question themselves if they want to get them legitimately. It would, of course, be better if the system could be restricted somehow.

Manaphy is also a legendary available at lv 1, since it is hatched from an egg.

And sure, some legendaries are available at a level lower than 10, but I still think GF should put up a "level 50 or higher restriction" for legendaries in the GTS.

Being available at lv 10 or lower doesn't mean there should be an option for it in the GTS, especially if the option ends up being used like it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by ninijatt View Post
    So you know what I'd really like the GTS to do? Run a legitimacy test on the Pokemon before allowing it to be traded.
    GTS already has a hack check system, but it is a very bad/weak one. Would be much better if GF allow us to check the summary, moves, and stats ourselves.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    GTS already has a hack check system, but it is a very bad/weak one. Would be much better if GF allow us to check the summary, moves, and stats ourselves
    THIS

I always wondered why we couldn't it would make it so much easier to spot fakes and also make sure your getting what you want such as Dream World Female (how do you know if you cant see its Ability, Stats or Summary!
    Friend Safari

Friend Code - 3411-1341-5371

One thing that I want in the GTS is for finished trades to disappear. It gets annoying seeing a pokemon that I want and getting the message "the pokemon has already been traded..." five times in a row. That particular trainer blocks me from seeing other trades that I could possibly get.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2665 7832 1693

I hope that the dream world is gone for good all it did was provide unnecessary limitations on availability of items(looks at you berries) The worst part was the access limitation which made the feature unavailable to me or the last 2 years. They can always make another mechanic for obtaining the Pokemon with hidden abilities. And don't get me started about the tediousness of those dream islands...

Maybe this will be the trade/batting portion instead?
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    I hope that the dream world is gone for good all it did was provide unnecessary limitations on availability of items(looks at you berries) The worst part was the access limitation which made the feature unavailable to me or the last 2 years. They can always make another mechanic for obtaining the Pokemon with hidden abilities. And don't get me started about the tediousness of those dream islands...

Maybe this will be the trade/batting portion instead?
    I think that's what the hidden hollows where put in BW2 for

I didn't really use the dream world as I didn't like the mini games I was forced to play to get a pokemon I wanted so I was happy with the BW2 solution I hope they continue it that way
    Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    I think that's what the hidden hollows where put in BW2 for

I didn't really use the dream world as I didn't like the mini games I was forced to play to get a pokemon I wanted so I was happy with the BW2 solution I hope they continue it that way
    The Hidden Hollows were very chance based, low chance based. At least in the Dream World you were guaranteed the ability...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    The Hidden Hollows were very chance based, low chance based. At least in the Dream World you were guaranteed the ability...
    you where guaranteed the ability in the hollows it was the spawn time that was the issue lol but then the same was true for DW as sods law was you never found the female you wanted
    Friend Safari

The hidden hollows were a lot more user friendly compared to Dream World. At least with the hollows, you could do it as much as you wanted. With Dream World? Only once every 24 hours (reduced to 20 for BW2), and even then, you can only visit the dream island a limited number of times before stuff stops appearing (even if you aren't even close to using up your hour yet). Another thing is that while the hidden hollows guaranteed you a dw ability, Dream World didn't, as pokemon with no DW ability (namely pokemon with levitate) would show up. Hope you like going to the haunted mansion just to capture Gastly, Misdreavus, and Rotom, or going into the Ice Cave to get Solrock/Lunatone, despite the fact that both rock pokemon were able to be captured ingame. My main gripe with DW was that it was the only way to plant my berries. IMO, that was a horrible decision.

you where guaranteed the ability in the hollows it was the spawn time that was the issue lol but then the same was true for DW as sods law was you never found the female you wanted
    I did not articulate this very well, I apologise. I was trying to say more along the lines of "you're guaranteed to find Pokemon in the Dream World, many Pokemon, the Hidden Hollows only give you a 20% chance and then only the 5% chance every so many steps..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Not just spawn time. There's about a 20% chance of finding a pokemon at all in any given Hidden Grotto. 80% of the time its just an item. The chance of getting a given pokemon never raised above 15% and consistently went down to 1%. 1% is bad enough in regular wild grass but the Grottos are spread far and wide, hard to find and take about 2000 steps on average to respawn. Its just insane, especially with the hard to find bit. On even a mid-sized route like Route 6 its hard to find the Grotto in the first place, let alone actually get something good from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by mapachatumbili View Post
    One thing that I want in the GTS is for finished trades to disappear. It gets annoying seeing a pokemon that I want and getting the message "the pokemon has already been traded..." five times in a row. That particular trainer blocks me from seeing other trades that I could possibly get.
    I'm willing to say that will be fixed, it kind of seems like a limitation of however they did it with the DS game

Whatever option Gamefreak decides to go with for utilizing Dream World pokemon for 6th gen, I just wish there was a way to breed male/genderless pokemon with their DW abilities. It's a shame that there are some DW abilties that some players will never get to use (Tauros, Klinklang) because they missed the boat for acquiring them when they were available. At least for females you can breed the DW ability and share. Males, you're just out of luck if you aren't lucky enough to get one out of Dream World.
    Last edited by mapachatumbili; 23rd July 2013 at 10:56 PM.

The hidden hollows were a lot more user friendly compared to Dream World. At least with the hollows, you could do it as much as you wanted. With Dream World? Only once every 24 hours (reduced to 20 for BW2), and even then, you can only visit the dream island a limited number of times before stuff stops appearing (even if you aren't even close to using up your hour yet). Another thing is that while the hidden hollows guaranteed you a dw ability, Dream World didn't, as pokemon with no DW ability (namely pokemon with levitate) would show up. Hope you like going to the haunted mansion just to capture Gastly, Misdreavus, and Rotom, or going into the Ice Cave to get Solrock/Lunatone, despite the fact that both rock pokemon were able to be captured ingame. My main gripe with DW was that it was the only way to plant my berries. IMO, that was a horrible decision.
    Yeah, but the DW still has a higher payout than the Grottoes. You stand a good chance of finding something to take back in the DW, the main problem is that the areas are so overstuffed with Pokemon that it's hard to find a particular species that you want. In the Grottoes, you can search for days and not find anything of value.

Either way, though, DW Pokemon are all around ridiculous to catch in 5th gen.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Whatever option Gamefreak decides to go with for utilizing Dream World pokemon for 6th gen, I just wish there was a way to breed male/genderless pokemon with their DW abilities. It's a shame that there are some DW abilties that some players will never get to use (Tauros, Klinklang) because they missed the boat for acquiring them when they were available. At least for females you can breed the DW ability and share. Males, you're just out of luck if you aren't lucky enough to get one out of Dream World.
    I always thought that should have been implemented by using imposter Ditto (as it takes on the role of the female)
    Friend Safari

I can understand why that wasn't implemented, because then nobody would visit the DW. Instead, people would just use ditto to breed for everything. Why bother going to Walmart to get that 4th gen DW Sinnoh starter code when you can just breed for a starter yourself? And don't even get me started on Blaziken...

It just sucked that male and genderless pokemon got the short end of the stick when it came to DW. Whenever you go into Dream World, it's all about the females. Males and genderless pokemon are useless unless it's a pokemon you don't have at all, or you simply don't want to leave empty handed. With Nidoking and Volbeat this isn't an issue since female Nidoran and Illumise can also give birth to males, but the others were just plain out of luck.

It'd be better if Ditto = Any Pokemon w/ Dream World ability

I can understand why that wasn't implemented, because then nobody would visit the DW. Instead, people would just use ditto to breed for everything. Why bother going to Walmart to get that 4th gen DW Sinnoh starter code when you can just breed for a starter yourself? And don't even get me started on Blaziken...

It just sucked that male and genderless pokemon got the short end of the stick when it came to DW. Whenever you go into Dream World, it's all about the females. Males and genderless pokemon are useless unless it's a pokemon you don't have at all, or you simply don't want to leave empty handed. With Nidoking and Volbeat this isn't an issue since female Nidoran and Illumise can also give birth to males, but the others were just plain out of luck.
    sorry I ment to say you would need a Dream World Male and an Imposter Ditto so you would still need to go to the dream world
    Friend Safari

I'd like it so that if Ditto was used in place of the female, and it had its DW Ability, it could be able to pass down DW-ness to its offspring. Why introduce a very unique and useful concept like Hidden Abilities and then nerf/restrict it like hell?
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast