Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 1215

Thread: Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

  1. #176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    I'd like it so that if Ditto was used in place of the female, and it had its DW Ability, it could be able to pass down DW-ness to its offspring. Why introduce a very unique and useful concept like Hidden Abilities and then nerf/restrict it like hell?
    Promotion. Nintendo was promoting the heck out of Dream World with all of the different events you could acquire. If a DW ditto was able to get you whatever DW pokemon you wanted, then as I mentioned, nobody would go to DW and play the games. Those DW eevee minigames? There would have been no point in playing them. The magazines and other assorted merchandise with one use serial codes? Nobody would buy any of that stuff. I'm not saying it was right, and from a gameplay perspective, it would have probably been more logical for DW ditto to pass down abilities, but from a business standpoint where you are trying to make as much money as you can, I understand why it was done.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2665 7832 1693

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK - Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mapachatumbili View Post
    Promotion. Nintendo was promoting the heck out of Dream World with all of the different events you could acquire. If a DW ditto was able to get you whatever DW pokemon you wanted, then as I mentioned, nobody would go to DW and play the games. Those DW eevee minigames? There would have been no point in playing them. The magazines and other assorted merchandise with one use serial codes? Nobody would buy any of that stuff. I'm not saying it was right, and from a gameplay perspective, it would have probably been more logical for DW ditto to pass down abilities, but from a business standpoint where you are trying to make as much money as you can, I understand why it was done.
    but tbf imposter ditto didn't come out until BW2 so you would have had to use the DW for at least 2 years before you could breed and as I said you would still need to use the DW as you would need a male DW pokemon to breed with Imposter ditto (in my theory anyway) not just any pokemon....

    Also GF didn't charge you to use the DW so they made no money from it... except for the money you spent on the games which you would have spent anyway even if there wasn't a DW
    Friend Safari

    Friend Code - 3411-1341-5371

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A desert in California
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Like some have said, being able to read the summary of pokemon you find online would be awesome. Less chance of being scammed that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninijatt View Post
    You can check a Pokemon to see if it's been tampered with. So you know what I'd really like the GTS to do? Run a legitimacy test on the Pokemon before allowing it to be traded.

    Also, I'd like matchmaking. The random matchup was cool and all but, I really hated being limited on what I could and couldn't use and then' I couldn't even use my whole team. So, I'd really like a matchmaking system similar to that of Pokemon Online into the games. The only way to do this online was exchanging friend codes and seeing as I have no friends, I'd like this.

    Of maybe even an online plaza or lobby of some sort where you could go right up to a person and challenge them or offer them a trade.

    Team building is pretty cool but, I'd actually like to use my team after I worked so hard to put it together.
    I know exactly how you feel. My kyurem cries as it remains banned from my hail team. :<
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:
    1.
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.

    Normal Type Gym trainer

    3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

    Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

  4. #179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    but tbf imposter ditto didn't come out until BW2 so you would have had to use the DW for at least 2 years before you could breed and as I said you would still need to use the DW as you would need a male DW pokemon to breed with Imposter ditto (in my theory anyway) not just any pokemon....

    Also GF didn't charge you to use the DW so they made no money from it... except for the money you spent on the games which you would have spent anyway even if there wasn't a DW
    Gamefreak (or rather Nintendo) may not have charged anything to play the Dream World games, but don't forget that some of the Dream World functions required you to spend money. Some of those DW pokemon you could pick up still required you to buy something in real life in order to get the one use serial code (this was more prevalent in Japan, but the point still stands). Remember DW Lucario? Before Pokémon Dream Radar was released on the 3DS, your only way of getting one was to buy another copy of BW 1 at Target, where you could then enter the one use serial code on the Pokémon Global Link. It's the same deal with the DW Sinnoh starters. Either buy a new copy of BW2 at Walmart, or no DW starter for you.

    By not making DW Ditto pass down abilities, it gives Nintendo time to create some sort of event where a DW pokemon is given away by purchasing a new book or some other sort of merchandise. Dream World might have been free to us the players, but it sure wasn't free to Nintendo themselves. Running those servers cost them money, so they had to do whatever they could to bring in some revenue.

    As for male DW pokemon, I honestly think the main reason why they can't breed for the ability is because of the starters themselves. Making DW starters male was a niche that Nintendo wanted to milk for as much as possible.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2665 7832 1693

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Azalea Town
    Posts
    1,437

    Default

    How does trading work now for the new gen? I know we got Wonder Trade? Where you trade your pokemon for a completely random pokemon. What are your opinions about that feature? What about GTS? In gen 5, GTS was annoying to use because lots of people wanted a lv 9 Zekrom/Reshiram.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

    My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    How does trading work now for the new gen? I know we got Wonder Trade? Where you trade your pokemon for a completely random pokemon. What are your opinions about that feature? What about GTS? In gen 5, GTS was annoying to use because lots of people wanted a lv 9 Zekrom/Reshiram.
    The Wonder Trade system is going to be stuffed full of level 2 bidoof-equilvelent Pokémon because unless they're feeling nice, nobody's going to go putting any useful Pokémon in because they'd be too afraid they'd just get a useless Pokémon in return. I still think it'll be awesome though. For the GTS, unless they finally make it so there's only that option if it's actually possible to get the Pokémon at that level without hacking, it'll probably be similar to how it always is. That is, unless they make it so the GTS and Wonder Trade are combined in some way. So like if you deposited a Pokémon into the GTS, it would give you the option to allow Wonder Trades with it. Then when somebody goes to do a Wonder Trade, that Pokémon that you put into the GTS would be included in that pool of Pokémon that could be taken from the Wonder Trade. Then, like when you go back to get the Pokémon (only if you said yes to allowing WT [wonder trades]) if it was traded in a WT, it would come up with a message like 'Your Pokémon was traded in a Wonder Trade!' and you would get the random Pokémon the other person put in. If any of that makes sense. I expect for WT to be a completely different system though. Just like another option along with 'GTS' and GTS Negotiations.'


    ~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mapachatumbili View Post
    As for male DW pokemon, I honestly think the main reason why they can't breed for the ability is because of the starters themselves. Making DW starters male was a niche that Nintendo wanted to milk for as much as possible.
    In that case, genderless DW pokemon at least should be able to breed with an Imposter Ditto. It won't affect any of GF's shenanigans since all the genderless pokemon they give out as events are legendaries and can't breed anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  8. #183

    Default

    Actually, what Gamefreak should have done is make it so that genderless pokemon and male pokemon that can only be male (Tyrouge family for example) can breed with ditto for the DW ability if the male/genderless pokemon has it. That way this prevents people using DW ditto to get DW abilities for every pokemon, and prevents the DW starters from being bred.

    Something else that I would have liked for the GTS is a "reverse trade" function, where I can instead go online and see what pokemon people want and what they are willing to trade for it. So for example, I go into the GTS and see several people that want a female Eevee. I go through the list and see one person is willing to offer me a regional bird, and another wants to offer a regional starter. With this knowledge, I take my female Eevee and trade it with the one willing to offer a starter. This is useful after breeding several eggs for a certain pokemon and not having any idea what to do with the remaining eggs. They aren't bad, just not quite as good as your final product. And you don't want to just release them if others can offer you something for them.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2665 7832 1693

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mapachatumbili View Post
    Actually, what Gamefreak should have done is make it so that genderless pokemon and male pokemon that can only be male (Tyrouge family for example) can breed with ditto for the DW ability if the male/genderless pokemon has it. That way this prevents people using DW ditto to get DW abilities for every pokemon, and prevents the DW starters from being bred.

    Something else that I would have liked for the GTS is a "reverse trade" function, where I can instead go online and see what pokemon people want and what they are willing to trade for it. So for example, I go into the GTS and see several people that want a female Eevee. I go through the list and see one person is willing to offer me a regional bird, and another wants to offer a regional starter. With this knowledge, I take my female Eevee and trade it with the one willing to offer a starter. This is useful after breeding several eggs for a certain pokemon and not having any idea what to do with the remaining eggs. They aren't bad, just not quite as good as your final product. And you don't want to just release them if others can offer you something for them.
    I like the idea of being able to search for what someone wants.

    There was something that I wanted to do in Black 2, that required me to trade and I wanted to trade quickly, and I had to wait until someone actually traded with me, and it would take possibly days to get something.

    At least this way, I can trade quickly for some reason.
    ----

    Might have been for a medal or something.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  10. #185
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stardastarly View Post
    The Wonder Trade system is going to be stuffed full of level 2 bidoof-equilvelent Pokémon because unless they're feeling nice, nobody's going to go putting any useful Pokémon in because they'd be too afraid they'd just get a useless Pokémon in return. I still think it'll be awesome though. For the GTS, unless they finally make it so there's only that option if it's actually possible to get the Pokémon at that level without hacking, it'll probably be similar to how it always is. That is, unless they make it so the GTS and Wonder Trade are combined in some way. So like if you deposited a Pokémon into the GTS, it would give you the option to allow Wonder Trades with it. Then when somebody goes to do a Wonder Trade, that Pokémon that you put into the GTS would be included in that pool of Pokémon that could be taken from the Wonder Trade. Then, like when you go back to get the Pokémon (only if you said yes to allowing WT [wonder trades]) if it was traded in a WT, it would come up with a message like 'Your Pokémon was traded in a Wonder Trade!' and you would get the random Pokémon the other person put in. If any of that makes sense. I expect for WT to be a completely different system though. Just like another option along with 'GTS' and GTS Negotiations.'
    That is why I am not gonna use Wonder Trade soon. Since I really expect people to offer regional rodents, bugs and birds, with a really minor chance of getting something special!

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK - Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JW1004 View Post
    That is why I am not gonna use Wonder Trade soon. Since I really expect people to offer regional rodents, bugs and birds, with a really minor chance of getting something special!
    best way to do it is if you breed a lot of pokemon rather than spending time releasing them just Wonder trade them if you get something crap at least you only sent something you where going to release anyway

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Littleroot Town
    Posts
    1,095

    Default

    I'd be happy if they just remove the "Level 9 and Under" option. There'll probably still be unfair trades but at least they're all possible...
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 27th July 2013 at 8:15 AM.

        Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

    __________
    Twitter

  13. #188
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    best way to do it is if you breed a lot of pokemon rather than spending time releasing them just Wonder trade them if you get something crap at least you only sent something you where going to release anyway
    yeah that's a nice idea

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK - Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JW1004 View Post
    yeah that's a nice idea
    lol I really cant wait to try out these features and see what I get it wold also be nice to see who is near me to battle and trade

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,775

    Default

    Removing lv 9 and under trades that are impossible isn't going to change much on the GTS, people will still request lv 100 Dialga and all of that, thus making the GTS still a bad place for trading personally.

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Removing lv 9 and under trades that are impossible isn't going to change much on the GTS, people will still request lv 100 Dialga and all of that, thus making the GTS still a bad place for trading personally.
    Maybe only limit Legendaries to be traded for Legenaries on the GTS?

    Or just make it so that impossible trades are impossible to request, but that if you want a insert Level here Legenary, you must offer another Legendary in that same Level area?

    This would make it impossible to request alevel 1 Legends except the Creation Trio, Seafaring Duo, and Regigigas.

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK - Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Removing lv 9 and under trades that are impossible isn't going to change much on the GTS, people will still request lv 100 Dialga and all of that, thus making the GTS still a bad place for trading personally.
    I was under the impression that the Lv 9 and under Legendary Pokémon were for Pokgen/Pokesav/Pokecheck/RNG users and that the Pokemon they are offereing are not actually for trade they are just checking Secret ID's/IV's/Cloning etc (or sending pokemon they have made to their game) but I could be wrong...

    im assuming its going to be harder to access the games the way hackers do now with the 3DS so that may put a stop to it all together I hope

  18. #193

    Default

    I hope random matchup is faster for looking for a battle.

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Maybe only limit Legendaries to be traded for Legenaries on the GTS?
    Wouldn't that be even harder to get a legendary there? Usually they ask for Pokémon that are rare but at least not as rare as a mascot's game for example which is easier to trade without it feeling unfair. At least that's how I got a Reshiram and a Tornadus.

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK - Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMasterSinceAge7 View Post
    I hope random matchup is faster for looking for a battle.
    I would assume it would be as we will be connect all the time to the internet so you should be able to link up to a battle quite quickly with people over the world or locally

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,775

    Default

    I think the best way to avoid the hard offers would be to allow you to be paired up with somebody who wants the Pokémon your offering. Lets say I put up a Skrelp for trade and I want a Clauncher, I would be paired with a person who wants a Skrelp that offers a Skrelp in return then the trade is commenced.

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,107

    Default

    Why don't you just give the option to filter results so only pokemon that are listed as 'caught' in your pokedex can be the requested pokemon? Better yet, only give results that match one of the pokemon in your boxes/party.

    Also, do you think they should give the option to ask for multiple pokemon at once?
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  23. #198
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kalos!
    Posts
    631

    Default

    I really like the idea of the Wonder Trade. But the downside is that someone could be offering a Bidoof and you are offering a Gengar.

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colton S View Post
    I really like the idea of the Wonder Trade. But the downside is that someone could be offering a Bidoof and you are offering a Gengar.
    That would be unfortunate, but then who knows, you might be offering a Bidoof and you get Gengar.

    I'm always going to give Pokerus Pokemon (assuming we can transfer Pokemon, especially with Pokerus), and then perhaps if we can easily get fossils, attach a fossil as held item. Hopefully I'll get really cool Pokemon, but I would laugh if all I got were weak Pokemon oh well, it's a risk, I'm willing to take.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  25. #200
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kalos!
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    That would be unfortunate, but then who knows, you might be offering a Bidoof and you get Gengar.

    I'm always going to give Pokerus Pokemon (assuming we can transfer Pokemon, especially with Pokerus), and then perhaps if we can easily get fossils, attach a fossil as held item. Hopefully I'll get really cool Pokemon, but I would laugh if all I got were weak Pokemon oh well, it's a risk, I'm willing to take.
    Yeah. I'll try to offer Pokemon that are good, but ones that I can easily replace.

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •