Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Search System (PSS) & Pokémon Global Link (PGL) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stardastarly View Post
    The Wonder Trade system is going to be stuffed full of level 2 bidoof-equilvelent Pokémon because unless they're feeling nice, nobody's going to go putting any useful Pokémon in because they'd be too afraid they'd just get a useless Pokémon in return. I still think it'll be awesome though. For the GTS, unless they finally make it so there's only that option if it's actually possible to get the Pokémon at that level without hacking, it'll probably be similar to how it always is. That is, unless they make it so the GTS and Wonder Trade are combined in some way. So like if you deposited a Pokémon into the GTS, it would give you the option to allow Wonder Trades with it. Then when somebody goes to do a Wonder Trade, that Pokémon that you put into the GTS would be included in that pool of Pokémon that could be taken from the Wonder Trade. Then, like when you go back to get the Pokémon (only if you said yes to allowing WT [wonder trades]) if it was traded in a WT, it would come up with a message like 'Your Pokémon was traded in a Wonder Trade!' and you would get the random Pokémon the other person put in. If any of that makes sense. I expect for WT to be a completely different system though. Just like another option along with 'GTS' and GTS Negotiations.'
    Somebody's being a little pessimistic.
    Ok, so anyone with half a brain would already know this, but for those who don't, Im'ma lay down some knowledge for you guys. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, but they do not develop the games, they merely publish them. Gamefreak is the developer of the (main series) pokemon games, but they are not owned by Nintendo. TPCI/TCPJ markets the Pokemon games, and is partnered with Nintendo like Gamefreak. Every time I see someone complaining about Nintendo ruining the Pokemon games and that they just need to die, it just makes my blood boil. I mean, how can some people be so ignorant? It boggles the mind.

Considering that there will be over a billion people around the world playing X and Y, there is going to have to be some sort of filter put in place to make sure you get your trade done. Perhaps there might be a setting that says "I want a water pokemon" and what happens is that the pokemon you receive in the trade happens to be Froakie. Or Squirtle. Or Magikarp. Or Bibarel. Or perhaps there could be a setting such as "I want a female pokemon" and the Wonder trade eliminates all trades that are male or genderless.

What I've already decided is that when I am breeding, if I have eggs left over and don't have anybody to trade them with I'll offer them up via wonder trade.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2665 7832 1693

Quote Originally Posted by absolfusion View Post
    Somebody's being a little pessimistic.
    a little pessimistic, but I get the point. In the first few weeks, it will def. not be that interesting to use that feature. All kinda of people will come around the same Pokémon. The only "luck" you could have is getting a version exclsuive, but yeah those are also mainly in-game trades

Quote Originally Posted by mapachatumbili View Post
    Considering that there will be over a billion people around the world playing X and Y, there is going to have to be some sort of filter put in place to make sure you get your trade done. Perhaps there might be a setting that says "I want a water pokemon" and what happens is that the pokemon you receive in the trade happens to be Froakie. Or Squirtle. Or Magikarp. Or Bibarel. Or perhaps there could be a setting such as "I want a female pokemon" and the Wonder trade eliminates all trades that are male or genderless.

What I've already decided is that when I am breeding, if I have eggs left over and don't have anybody to trade them with I'll offer them up via wonder trade.
    Same with me, it'll kinda make me feel like santa .

If it is something that I can easily catch again, I will offer a fully-evolved version of it, and then the base stage from breeding it. Maybe it will let you trade eggs?

Quote Originally Posted by JW1004 View Post
    a little pessimistic, but I get the point. In the first few weeks, it will def. not be that interesting to use that feature. All kinda of people will come around the same Pokémon. The only "luck" you could have is getting a version exclsuive, but yeah those are also mainly in-game trades
    Actually I think it's gonna happen the opposite...

People will get excited with the Wonder Trade since it's something new and they will feel generous and perhaps give a version exclusive (without knowing if the other person has X or Y, though) or something more unusual like that. Then after a while the ones who will use it are probably just trolling (trading useless Pokémon aka "Gen VI Rattata") and just a small group of people will be usind it nicely and suffer from it.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    best way to do it is if you breed a lot of pokemon rather than spending time releasing them just Wonder trade them if you get something crap at least you only sent something you where going to release anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by mapachatumbili View Post
    I think this is going to be the thing everybody does now (except for a few trolls who send useless pokemon)

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    I think this is going to be the thing everybody does now (except for a few trolls who send useless pokemon)
    Following that idea... What if you are breeding Magikarps to get a shiny one? Then you will be sending useless Pokémon too.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Im starting a Plan called Operation Lv 1,where i keep on Trading Pokemon such as Magikarps or Bidoofs until i get something good,hopefully someone is feeling Generous and gives me a Shiny Noivern lv 100
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Quote Originally Posted by JW1004 View Post
    The reason why I think that the wonder trade won't be flooded with low level derpy pokemon is.... because no one wants to receive them in return. Everything is equal and instant unlike in the fifith gen gts. There probably won't be many legendary pokemon, and most players will probably keep their best pokemon, but there's still probably a good chance you can get a hidden ability female you need, or even a shiny. Sure there will be trolls out there but I like to think that the majority of players are reasonable people
    Ok, so anyone with half a brain would already know this, but for those who don't, Im'ma lay down some knowledge for you guys. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, but they do not develop the games, they merely publish them. Gamefreak is the developer of the (main series) pokemon games, but they are not owned by Nintendo. TPCI/TCPJ markets the Pokemon games, and is partnered with Nintendo like Gamefreak. Every time I see someone complaining about Nintendo ruining the Pokemon games and that they just need to die, it just makes my blood boil. I mean, how can some people be so ignorant? It boggles the mind.

I would like to think that when people receive poor pokemon through wonder trade, they would realize how bad it feels and not give poor pokemon in return. Either that or just stop using it so that it would mostly be geniune people offering decent pokemon.

I'll probably put some egg pokemon on wonder trade, starters and pokemon you can't find in the Kalos region.

I know the 3DS hasn't been hacked yet, but I'm more concerned about hacked pokemon when it comes to Wonder Trade. What if we receive migrated hacked pokemon that mess with our games?

I'm not a good person, I'm just gonna spam with Bidoofs.

EV Trained Bidoofs, that is! I like giving people gifts. :3

I'm probably gonna use it a lot, though.

Do you guys think they'll add the "Egg Spin" in this gen? I found it pointless in Gen V.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge View Post

I know the 3DS hasn't been hacked yet, but I'm more concerned about hacked pokemon when it comes to Wonder Trade. What if we receive migrated hacked pokemon that mess with our games?
    I think that's part of why they're holding off on committing any comment about transfers. At worst, I'd like to think that whatever hack check they use at PWC will be used on the transfer tools. But with the concerns over Hidden Power and how it moves forward with a new type added to the formula...

If I get a Shiny Bidoof through Wonder Trade, I wouldn't be that mad. But if I was feeling super nice, a middle-stage starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobat View Post
    I think that's part of why they're holding off on committing any comment about transfers. At worst, I'd like to think that whatever hack check they use at PWC will be used on the transfer tools. But with the concerns over Hidden Power and how it moves forward with a new type added to the formula...
    More like they're holding off commenting because they aren't finished yet or because they want the player to experience it for themselves. And I highly doubt that the transfer tools will feature hack checks.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    More like they're holding off commenting because they aren't finished yet or because they want the player to experience it for themselves. And I highly doubt that the transfer tools will feature hack checks.
    if its done wirelessly it might if its not in by now then I would assume its not in as they will be wrapping the game up (or should be now) so if its not in perhaps the next game it will be

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. If memory serves me right, Masuda himself has said that he's looking at ways to crack down on the hacking. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were some form of hacking check, if we get a transfer option at all.

Im only gonna trade magikarps and other useless pokemon in wonder trade.

Since I can't trade the pokemon between X and Y (I have only 1 3ds), I'll put the pokemon from X (if i'm going to restart the game) at the wonder trade, just to make someone else happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMasterSinceAge7 View Post
    Im only gonna trade magikarps and other useless pokemon in wonder trade.
    Some people just want to watch the world burn -_-.

I think I will use wonder trade with idea that if I put a pokemon out there that I can only get in X then maybe someone will put Y exclusive pokemon out there for me to get.
    In any case I like the idea of a "grab bag" trade.
    Wonder Trade is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get!
    ---------------------
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 1035 1934 3483
    Pokemon White FC: 2838 5138 7782

Wonder Trades concept is bad.
    No one will be getting anything worthwhile, unless a DWF Magikarp is given to me. :3
    But since this is just screaming spoiled brats gamble for good Pokemon, do note you probably won't win.
    All in all this is too gimmicky for me, though I guess fooling around with won't be too bad.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

I will for sure put some Y exclusive Pokemon to help someone who has the X version. At least I hope it goes to someone who has X...
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Actually, I've been thinking, and perhaps wonder trade might be a blessing in disguise. Don't believe me, let's go back two generations...

In 4th gen (DPt, HGSS), there was a lottery where you could win prizes such as Master Balls based on the ids of your pokemon. The more numbers you matched up, the greater the odds of winning the better prizes. The best way to receive more ids was to trade online with the GTS feature. While I didn't use this feature too much in the Sinnoh games, in Johto, I came really close to winning a Master Ball (4 out of 5 numbers). Imagine what would had happened had I not traded with others?

In the 5th gen games (BW1 and BW2), more ids was also useful for prizes. In BW1, 50 unique ids nets you a Master Ball from a guy inside the Castelia City Pokémon Center. What's the quickest way to get those id's? Trade via GTS. It doesn't matter if the pokemon is crappy or not, all that is significant is the different trainer id to quickly get you that master ball.

In BW2, a new area called "join avenue" was released. The quickest way to level it up was to trade online via GTS. I'm not certain who was the first one to come up with the idea, but shortly after the game was released in Japan, they got the idea to trade Magnemite over and over to quickly get several different trainer ids.

My point in mentioning all of this is that every pokemon game has some sort of minigame or lottery or service that improves based on the number of unique trainer ids you have at your disposal. All wonder trade is doing (theoretically) is trimming the fat with GTS based trades. With the GTS you can offer your pokemon, but unless it is an extremely hot pokemon (like the latest DW female, Eevee, or a starter), you are going to have to wait a while. Sometimes you might have to wait an hour. Or two. Or the next day before someone decides to accept your trade. Sometimes you might even have to wait 5 days for your trade to go through.

So basically what I'm saying is use GTS for regular trades, but use wonder trades for whatever prize claim/area that X and Y has.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2665 7832 1693

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast