Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ash's Unova Team: The Future

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Maybe Krokorok will return
    Well, that would be a major plothole now wouldn't it? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Well, that would be a major plothole now wouldn't it? XD
    It could just be a new Krokorok who also wears sunglasses.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if most of Best Wishes is forgotten about. Just look at the way BW blew off everything from DP at the beginning, which is why the transition from DP191 to BW1 was so awkward.

Best Wishes made it seem like most of DP never happened (aside from Dawn/Cynthia getting a cameo), so the XY series will probably do the same to BW.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Charizard is one of the main character pokemon.

Oshawott has its own merits, he is super popular, he doesn't need Piplup to appear to appear himself.
    Mijumaru is the most popular Unova Pokemon for sure.His popularity is as good as Piplup.Also he is my favourite Unova Pokemon.It was awesome to see when Mijumaru hugged Ash after beating Dewott, he trusted Ash at the first gym battle etc.Writers already made special tournament for him.I would like to see him again in XY, but highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsuyamakun View Post
    Mijumaru is the most popular Unova Pokemon for sure.His popularity is as good as Piplup.Also he is my favourite Unova Pokemon.It was awesome to see when Mijumaru hugged Ash after beating Dewott, he trusted Ash at the first gym battle etc.Writers already made special tournament for him.I would like to see him again in XY, but highly doubt it.
    I'm talking about the league and a filler arc, if they decide to use old pokemon.

Best Wishes made it seem like most of DP never happened (aside from Dawn/Cynthia getting a cameo), so the XY series will probably do the same to BW.
    No it didn't.

Ash's room having his trophies from DP... Team Rocket's plot continuing directly from DP191... Dawn actually talking about being a Coordinator... Cynthia having a sizable role instead of just appearing in one episode... the current ending theme...

Just because it wasn't completely in your face about it doesn't mean BW "made it seem like most of DP never happened."

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    No it didn't.

Ash's room having his trophies from DP... Team Rocket's plot continuing directly from DP191... Dawn actually talking about being a Coordinator... Cynthia having a sizable role instead of just appearing in one episode... the current ending theme...

Just because it wasn't completely in your face about it doesn't mean BW "made it seem like most of DP never happened."
    I'm mainly talking about Ash. The Ash in Best Wishes feels absolutely nothing like the one from the end of DP, and I'm talking about his personality too and not his battles.

BW Ash feels a lot like what Ash was during the Johto saga, which is what I assume the writers did because the BW trio was supposed to mimick the original trio in terms of dynamics. Perhaps XY Ash will take him back to what he was in DP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I'm talking about the league and a filler arc, if they decide to use old pokemon.
    I am talking about Mijumaru can reappear for 20+episodes(similiar to Charizard's return in BW) in future series.Because he is a very popular pokemon.

Of course we can see any pokemons of Ash in Kalos League.I hope Ash will use his old pokemons in XY league.

God no to mijumaru ever appearing under Ash's control until at least the gen 8 league. Sell the toys, and the stickers, and the bubblegum by promoting wild mijumaru or something.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    God no to mijumaru ever appearing under Ash's control until at least the gen 8 league. Sell the toys, and the stickers, and the bubblegum by promoting wild mijumaru or something.
    We need cute pokemons like Mijumaru, Piplup, so Ash's new pokemons evolve into their final forms. Ash did very well in DP.Because his team was strong.He evolved most of his pokemons.(Thanks to Piplup).

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Uh, Oshawott and Piplup aren't a set. They're two completely different Pokemon with different trainers. They don't have to appear together imo. Oshawott could return in XY because he has a large fanbase who would welcome his return, not because of his relationship with Piplup, which always seemed to be more of a rivalry than a friendship to me but whatever.
    Sorry didn't see your message.Please read my posts above.I wasn't talking about Mijumaru reappearing for a few episodes.My english is not perfect.Hope you understand what I mean.
    Last edited by Matsuyamakun; 3rd July 2013 at 12:32 AM.

Most of them will be abandoned for a long time. Some of them have hope of reappearing in the Kalos League, like Pignite and Oshawott, but if they don't appear now they won't appear later.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Oak'd with a few appearances down the road

Eh... I want Gible, Scraggy, Leavanny, Palpitoad to come back in Gen 6 to kick some serious arse in the league. I think I'm just a bit tired of Oshawott at this point, but then, inb4 Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie being Piplup 3.0/Oshawott 2.0.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Oak'd with a few appearances down the road

Eh... I want Gible, Scraggy, Leavanny, Palpitoad to come back in Gen 6 to kick some serious arse in the league. I think I'm just a bit tired of Oshawott at this point, but then, inb4 Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie being Piplup 3.0/Oshawott 2.0.
    I definitely would like to see Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Gible, Palpitoad, Scraggy, Corphish, Snivy etc. evolving, Infernape learning Close Combat, Torterra learning Frenzy Plant, Kingler learning a new move or Pidgeot, Lapras, Butterfree, Primape rejoining Ash.

I want to see Ash using his old pokemons "a lot", I don't want to see them only for 1 or 2 episodes!!.For example it would be awesome to see Gible rejoining for 10+episodes and evolving during DA episodes.He is Ash's only Dragon Pokemon, Iris should have seen him.I think Ash should able to bring back his pokemons anytime when he wants.Ash can only win the league with his old+new Pokemons IMO(Kanto Pokemons are must).So old main characters like Misty, Dawn, Brock etc. can complete their goals too.

They should work on Ash's personal story.(I am talking about Ho-oh, Ash's father etc.)

But XY won't be different than previous series.Ash will get new traveling friends, get 8 badges.He might use some of old pokemons in Kalos League.(Most of Unova Pokemons will be forgotten.)Ash will lose Kalos League.(I hope he loses to strong trainer.)His friends fail achieving their goals too.Then another new beginning...Unova League clearly showed us Ash will never win a league until anime ends.Virgil has no interest in becoming a pokemon master, he still won the league with Eevee.

I don't want to see Chespin being Mijumaru 2 or Piplup 3 either.

I don't know why the writers ever bothered giving Ash Scraggy. Like, what was the point? He never uses it. It gets no screen-time. It has no real personality. It's not been involved in any major storylines. It can't battle because it's too young apparently. It's the most irrelevant pokemon he has ever been given. They shouldn't have bothered. Waste of time.

If they wanted him to have another pokemon that hatched from an egg, they should have given him one they were willing to develop. If they did it just to give him a dark type, there are plenty of better choices to choose from. There is literally no logic behind giving it to him for it to just disappear.
    Team 1
    Team 2
    Team 3

Quote Originally Posted by jake279 View Post
    I don't know why the writers ever bothered giving Ash Scraggy. Like, what was the point? He never uses it. It gets no screen-time. It has no real personality. It's not been involved in any major storylines. It can't battle because it's too young apparently. It's the most irrelevant pokemon he has ever been given. They shouldn't have bothered. Waste of time.

If they wanted him to have another pokemon that hatched from an egg, they should have given him one they were willing to develop. If they did it just to give him a dark type, there are plenty of better choices to choose from. There is literally no logic behind giving it to him for it to just disappear.
    Um, what? That's quite the opposite: Scraggy is one of the better handled of Ash's Pokemon, at least during the first part of BW. He got a decent amount of battles and screentime, most notably the Clubsplosion and Brycen's Gym. Also, he had a relationship with Axew and learned two moves on-screen: Hi Jump Kick and Focus Blast.

He could get more, but I think he got a good share of development, more than most of Ash's Unova Pokemon.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Ash'll bring Oshawott since Oshawott will somehow sneak into Ash's bags and then he'll become great friends with Chespin and fall in love with Fennekin.

Nah I'm just yanking your chain, Ash will probably get all Kalos starters so there's no room for Unova mons. Even Charizard will be leaving by the end since I don't think he'll do what he did in Johto and use Charizard to smash all the young trainers.

Or Charizard can stay since Lumiose is where they're starting and Lumiose had a gym and its probably the 3rd gym.

Ash's Unova team will be forgotten like the Johto team .

The team as a whole, perhaps but Oshawott for sure and maayyybbee Krookodile will be some of Ash's most memorable Pokémon.

The entire Johto team was seen at the beginning of the Sinnoh League. Some got to battle, some didn't. There was an evolution for one, some were shown to have learned new moves. They also have appeared at Oak's lab in a couple episodes, so what crack have you been smoking to say they're forgotten. Rarely mentioned or seen yes, but forgotten no.

There is a somewhat reliable pattern at this point, in odd Gen's, only that current Gen's Pokemon are used during the League, and in even Gen's, there is a mix of current and old Pokemon. Also, there's always a chance that there will be a filler saga with an actual goal, Orange League/Battle Frontier, and when those happen, there is a higher chance of seeing the mix of old and new Pokemon again.

You also have to consider, BW is the first series where Ash even remotely attempted to rotate. Was it handled poorly, yes, but could it be used down the road more successfully and more broadly, hell yes it could.

We can only hope the writers build on what they've learned and experimented with in all past sagas.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

I think this man needs to rewatch good old Sinnoh league. There's already Pepsi's post though so I guess Cyber's just trolling again.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I mentioned this somewhere before but I can't find the page I put it on. I would like Ash to trade Scraggy for Pancham. I think it would be a good way for him to get a new pokemon, and it is a nice way to introduce a new sixth gen pokemon to the anime. He could maybe trade with a fighting type trainer who wants to raise scraggy. Then the Pancham doesn't listen to him (Pancham looks mischievous). I think they could do it at the end of Unova, before he goes to kalos, then he takes Pikachu and Pancham with him. Just an idea.
    Team 1
    Team 2
    Team 3

Like the rest of his Pokemon, I expect them to just be dumped off at the end of the series and never been seen again unless they are shown in an OP or ED along with the rest of them. As far as returning for important battles, I wouldn't hold my breath on it. They haven't earned such a status like Ash's more prominent Pokemon like his original starters (Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle) or his starters that got the main focus in their generations (Sceptile, Infernape) or reserves that can provide a solid foundation for a team instead of his smaller weaker Pokemon (Snorlax, Heracross, Tauros). They really haven't cemented themselves as important Pokemon that Ash needs to call upon and can fulfill a roster spot that can do a better job than any of the aforementioned Pokemon. Why would Ash call upon Snivy when he has Sceptile? Why would he choose Pignite over Charizard and Infernape?

Had Best Wishes done a better job of showing how strong this batch of Pokemon could potentially be, I'd be inclined to believe that if Ash had an important battle and he needed some of his older Pokemon to get the job done, I'd respectfully agree with him choosing any of them. But that's not the case as they were underdeveloped, underutilized, and basically shown as one of his least impressive groups of Pokemon apart from his Jotho Pokemon (Barring Heracross of course). I pretty much very them as an exercise in mediocrity as none of them really separate themselves from the pack, not even Oshawott despite how many times we are forced to see him on screen. If a Pokmeon like Bulbasaur or Charizard was used that frequently, we'd clearly see them more than just for a cheap laugh at how inept they are. Ash's Unova Pokemon are just an average bunch and individually they are even worse compared to other Pokemon Ash has owned.
    Last edited by deathseer; 6th July 2013 at 2:04 AM.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Like the rest of his Pokemon, I expect them to just be dumped off at the end of the series and never been seen again unless they are shown in an OP or ED along with the rest of them. As far as returning for important battles, I wouldn't hold my breath on it. They haven't earned such a status like Ash's more prominent Pokemon like his original starters (Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle) or his starters that got the main focus in their generations (Sceptile, Infernape) or reserves that can provide a solid foundation for a team instead of his smaller weaker Pokemon (Snorlax, Heracross, Tauros). They really haven't cemented themselves as important Pokemon that Ash needs to call upon and can fulfill a roster spot that can do a better job than any of the aforementioned Pokemon. Why would Ash call upon Snivy when he has Sceptile? Why would he choose Pignite over Charizard and Infernape?

Had Best Wishes done a better job of showing how strong this batch of Pokemon could potentially be, I'd be inclined to believe that if Ash had an important battle and he needed some of his older Pokemon to get the job done, I'd respectfully agree with him choosing any of them. But that's not the case as they were underdeveloped, underutilized, and basically shown as one of his least impressive groups of Pokemon apart from his Jotho Pokemon (Barring Heracross of course). I pretty much very them as an exercise in mediocrity as none of them really separate themselves from the pack, not even Oshawott despite how many times we are forced to see him on screen. If a Pokmeon like Bulbasaur or Charizard was used that frequently, we'd clearly see them more than just for a cheap laugh at how inept they are. Ash's Unova Pokemon are just an average bunch and individually they are even worse compared to other Pokemon Ash has owned.
    Thanks for the negative assessment, as unrealistic as it likely is in regards to those Pokemon seeing a return at some point. Seeing as how nearly all of Ash's previous Gen Pokemon got a reprieve appearance in either the Battle Frontier or the Sinnoh League, I'm sure most if not all of his BW Pokemon will be seen again at some point down the road.

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Oshawott and Snivy stand out from their peers, so at least they'll be remembered. I agree about the others though. They'll most likely be forgotten just like Kingler and Glalie and Gliscor were. It's the writers faults of course for not making the other Unova Pokemon dynamic enough and for constantly rotating them around. It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by jake279 View Post
    I mentioned this somewhere before but I can't find the page I put it on. I would like Ash to trade Scraggy for Pancham. I think it would be a good way for him to get a new pokemon, and it is a nice way to introduce a new sixth gen pokemon to the anime. He could maybe trade with a fighting type trainer who wants to raise scraggy. Then the Pancham doesn't listen to him (Pancham looks mischievous). I think they could do it at the end of Unova, before he goes to kalos, then he takes Pikachu and Pancham with him. Just an idea.
    I'd love for Ash to trade his Scraggy or one of his other Unova reserve Pokemon for Pancham, but I don't think it'll happen. So many fans were upset when Ash and Dawn traded Pokemon that I think the writers know better than to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Oshawott and Snivy stand out from their peers, so at least they'll be remembered. I agree about the others though. They'll most likely be forgotten just like Kingler and Glalie and Gliscor were. It's the writers faults of course for not making the other Unova Pokemon dynamic enough and for constantly rotating them around. It's sad.

I'd love for Ash to trade his Scraggy or one of his other Unova reserve Pokemon for Pancham, but I don't think it'll happen. So many fans were upset when Ash and Dawn traded Pokemon that I think the writers know better than to do it again.
    I for one don't see why Ash can't just capture said Gen 6 Pokemon, what's the difference if the Gen 5 Pokemon is at the lab or traded, I'd rather Ash still have it in the wings, in case some day it could serve a purpose.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast