Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ash's Unova Team: The Future

Quote Originally Posted by crawdauntpro View Post
    I'm hoping Pignite and Scraggy evolve before the end of the Decolora Islands detour and that Boldore and Palpitoad evolve in the next saga as Reserves in the League ala Cyndaquil and Phanpy.
    Boldore can't evolve, At least not still being ash's pokemon.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Boldore can't evolve, At least not still being ash's pokemon.
    Maybe Forrest comes to Pallet Town to trade Geodude which has evolved to Graveler into a Golem, this way Ash can use Boldore in the exchange and get him back virtually straight away?
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdauntpro View Post
    Maybe Forrest comes to Pallet Town to trade Geodude which has evolved to Graveler into a Golem, this way Ash can use Boldore in the exchange and get him back virtually straight away?
    That's totally not a stretch if I've ever heard one.

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    That's totally not a stretch if I've ever heard one.
    Yeah that may be stretching things a little to much
    I don't think boldore will evolve to be totally honest

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Krookodile is the only one I'm interested in seeing again, although I suspect Pignite is going to get a big battle down the line similar to Sceptile's.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Get oaked and be used in the future like the other old pokemon, some will be used more others less.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    They'll all be Oaked and forgotten. "Worse than Kingler" is a good way to describe it, actually.
    Care to explain? why would they be forgotten worse than Kingler when all of them, including Palpitoad got better treatment than him? any chance they have to show Oshawott again, in a filler arc, they will most likelly use it for example.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 2nd July 2013 at 5:28 PM.

Oshawott will definitely come back again at some point.

Named Admiral Sentret

Haha, I can totally see Oshawott returning lol! I can't wait to see the episode were Ash is running along and comes across a Unova fair, were an Oshawott reminds him of his and so calls Professor Oak to send Oshawott over.

He'll have various flashbacks, retelling Oshawott's legacy to his new friends and about how he won him many battles at gyms, leagues and over at the Decolora Islands...

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

I'd like it if Charizard stays and is only used in important battles, like difficult gyms and in the League. But I know it is highly unlikely for it to happen.

As for the others, I hope to see Krookodile again in a big battle at some point, and maybe Pignite and Snivy too. The rest isn't interesting for me, but I can see Scraggy returning and evolving like Phanpy did.

Oshawott will definitely come back again at some point.
    I agree to be honest. Even if Ash doesn't take him to Kalos, I'm sure the writers will sneak him in at some point. He's just so popular and amazing; the anime wouldn't be the same without him imo.

But what's all this I hear about Oshawott and Snivy being under developed? Oshawott got more development episodes than most Unova Pokemon, and Snivy got quite a bit of attention as well. Just because they didn't evolve doesn't mean that they're under developed. This is why I constantly preach that development =/= evolution. :x

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    For all we know, Ash may pull a Johto and bring a few of his Unova pokémon with him just like he did with his Kanto pokémon for Johto
    Ash is definitely not going to pull a Johto just so he can bring his Unova Pokemon to The Kalos Region.
    Ever since The Hoenn Region, Ash have been starting fresh catching only Pokemon that is within' that Region.

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I agree to be honest. Even if Ash doesn't take him to Kalos, I'm sure the writers will sneak him in at some point. He's just so popular and amazing; the anime wouldn't be the same without him imo.

But what's all this I hear about Oshawott and Snivy being under developed? Oshawott got more development episodes than most Unova Pokemon, and Snivy got quite a bit of attention as well. Just because they didn't evolve doesn't mean that they're under developed. This is why I constantly preach that development =/= evolution. :x
    Character development, battle development and battles.

Oshawott had character development and some decent battle development, but he lost most of his battles in his attempts to be shown as a comical hero. He's strong (He did some good damage to Hydreigon) but he keeps losing. And in the rare moments he wins, his win will be taken away. But that doesn't make him weak. People think he 's weak because his league performance wasn't stellar (1 battle against Hdreigon but he still did well).

Snivy had character, had good battle strength.but there was no development (same moveset/ no struggle to get better episodes etc.). Her performance against Riolu was amazing and I think she showed some excellent battling in that match, but aside from that she didn't have any battles. Snivy was a good Pokemon from the start till the end, but there was no visible battle development.

So when people say neither weren't developed, they must be confusing these two developments.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Some of them will probably get some returns for the Kalos League since it will be an even numbered main league.

If they bring back Hikari, we will see Mijumaru again. Pochama and Mijumaru are great friends.Other Pokemons will stay at the lab.Ash might use them for the future leagues.I will miss Scraggy and Krokodile.Also I don't think Mijumaru will be in Kalos region.
    Last edited by Matsuyamakun; 2nd July 2013 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsuyamakun View Post
    If they bring back Hikari, we will see Mijumaru again. Pochama and Mijumaru are great friends.Other Pokemons will stay at the lab.Ash might use them for the future leagues.I will miss Scraggy and Krokodile.Also I don't think Mijumaru will be in Kalos region.
    Hikari already appeared in this region, why would she appear again?

waits for fer post

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post

waits for fer post
    She likely won't be coming back imo, I'll never understand the obsession a lot of people have with old characters appearing. Hikari got like the best treatment screen time wise of all the Pokegirls and was the runner-up in first GF, which is much more than what Haruka got. Not to mention she's the only Pokegirl to leave the show with a full team. I mean full team as in Pokemon that aren't useless and have personalities to an extent, unlike most of Kasumi's team. Though I found myself more invested in Haruka's Coordinator quest simply due to her personality and more noticeable and linear growth as a trainer and person, even outside of Contest and she actually went on to overcome her rival. But, yeah if a character leaves the show and you have an affinity for them I think you should enjoy the time they did have instead of pinning for them to return. Variety is the spice of life and new things are without a doubt going to take place. Hikari got good treatment screen time wise, that's all she needs that's all she'll get.

The only one with a chance to come to Isshu is Zuruggu, mainly due to his lack of screen time, double weakness to the Fairy-type and connection to Kibago if Iris were to cameo at some point.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 2nd July 2013 at 11:10 PM.

I am not saying Hikari returns %100 in XY or future series, but her story is open-ended.It is still possible to see her.Charizard rejoined Ash for no reason after 7 years, sadly he hasn't done anything important in BW.Anyway, let's not get off the topic.

I mean, we can see Mijumaru again, only if Hikari/Pochama appear IMO.Because both of them are popular and cute pokemons.

Every characters story is open ended but the writers just don't bother with old characters more than once.

I am not saying Hikari returns %100 in XY or future series, but her story is open-ended.It is still possible to see her.Charizard rejoined Ash for no reason after 7 years, sadly he hasn't done anything important in BW.Anyway, let's not get off the topic.

I mean, we can see Mijumaru again, only if Hikari/Pochama appear IMO.Because both of them are popular and cute pokemons.
    Charizard is one of the main character pokemon.

Oshawott has its own merits, he is super popular, he doesn't need Piplup to appear to appear himself.

I'm surprised his Sinnoh Pokemon seem forgotten.

Uh, Oshawott and Piplup aren't a set. They're two completely different Pokemon with different trainers. They don't have to appear together imo. Oshawott could return in XY because he has a large fanbase who would welcome his return, not because of his relationship with Piplup, which always seemed to be more of a rivalry than a friendship to me but whatever.

Care to explain? why would they be forgotten worse than Kingler when all of them, including Palpitoad got better treatment than him? any chance they have to show Oshawott again, in a filler arc, they will most likelly use it for example.
    Because I have a hunch that when BW is over, as much as can be 'erased' about it will be. Make all those horrible, boring Unova Pokemon who have no development disappear.

Imagine the hell that would break loose if Palpitoad or Oshawott took up an appearance that Buizel could have gotten in Kalos.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I don't think we'll see Dawn again. If the writers want to showcase a Piplup again they'll have a new one show up, like they seemingly always do with old pokemon they want to advertise again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Because I have a hunch that when BW is over, as much as can be 'erased' about it will be. Make all those horrible, boring Unova Pokemon who have no development disappear.

Imagine the hell that would break loose if Palpitoad or Oshawott took up an appearance that Buizel could have gotten in Kalos.
    Boring? personality wise, this pokemon have the best personalities since Johto.

I doubt Buizel is more popular than Oshawott in Japan, I seriously do and by what I mean is its not even close and I love both of them, Buizel is one of my favourite 4gen pokemon(ingame and anime, favourite in the anime was Gliscor then him) and even I don't believe that.

I don't believe anyone would be annoyed that Oshawott(unless it was permanent I can see people whining) or Palpitoad appear, people are still wishing for Palpitoad to appear, heck people are always talking about KINGLER apearing again, it was the only pokemon last league that wasn't either mentioned or appeared himself.

I don't see why, Snivy, Pignite, Oshawott, Krokoodile, Scraggy atleast wont be used again, plus Leavanny, how is any of this pokemon boring? they all had funny/cool moments and have shown their personalities.

Noctowl and Swellow appeared again, Unfezant can appear also.

Kingler, Corpish appeared again(Corpish didn't battle though) Palpitoad as a chance, or gets Kingler'ed.

Torkoal, Donphan and other non starters appeared again, so Boldore, Leavanny appearing is the same.

Its not like Satoshi only uses his evolved pokemon/supposed strongest by the fandom, he used Quilava instead of an evolved pokemon against Naoshi(event though Quilava is strong, but Pignite is at the same level atleast), he used Gible against Takuto when he could have used something else, same with Torkoal he could have used Snorlax.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I don't think we'll see Dawn again. If the writers want to showcase a Piplup again they'll have a new one show up, like they seemingly always do with old pokemon they want to advertise again.
    Yeah its toys are still selling, so even if he is out of the anime, they probably don't need to bring him back, if it stops selling.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I honestly believe the Unova Pokemon will get the Johto Pokemon treatment. Maybe Krokorok and Oshawott will return, but the rest will be mostly forgotten.
    What is Johto treatment, coming back in the Sinnoh league and 4 of 7 Johto pokemon appearing again and havinga good showing? well thats great then.

Noctowl beating LickyLicky
    Heracross beating Kricketune
    Cyndaquil coming back evolving and drawing with Armaldo
    Heracross again in Darkrai battle
    Donphan jobbing because it had a good showing in BF.

So if that means,

Unfezant beats a strong pokemon
    Heracross beats a strong pokemon
    Pignite/Snivy/Oshawot evolve and draw/beat a strong pokemon
    Krokoodile jobbing a battle or possible getting a win(because it wouldn't have BF like Donphan)

I would be absolutelly fine with "Johto treatment".
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 3rd July 2013 at 12:27 AM.

I honestly believe the Unova Pokemon will get the Johto Pokemon treatment. Maybe Krokorok and Oshawott will return, but the rest will be mostly forgotten.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast