Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XY - Japanese/Worldwide airdates

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    To promote the games end of the story, you guys need to start understanding that the japanese don't do anything to fit the dub tastes by you guys I mean american dub watchers.
    Really? They seemed fine with letting people in TCPI know that the Best Wishes series would run for 3 seasons/arcs, as well as letting them use footage from an episode that hasn't even aired in a Dubbed Opening. You don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Is it really coincidence that the Dub managed to catch up so much that October 12th is the release date of XY & that the Alexa Episode would air on October 12th in the Dub? I've already known that they've been working something out in the shadows.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    The very idea that the dub would ever release on the same day as Japan is absurd.
    Considering tpci get's there episodes in advance.. it isn't

I thought the opening to rival destiny's proved that.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post

Footage isn't every thing.

There will likely be no worldwide release of the anime, end of story. CN stills has Decolora Adventure episodes to air and they aren't skipping them, it's in their contract and they paid good money for those episodes. Expecting a speed run of episodes is nothing more than mere wishful thinking at best. As said before, Shopro and TV TOKYO are the TPTB on that matter and they likely won't allow it given TV TOKYO has broadcasting rights to these episode's first day debuts.

XY dub won't be in the US at least until late january.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

The maximum I can see is the first episode being broadcast as a teaser, but even that is a stretch.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

I don't think it's possible for the Japanese version and the dub of XY to run simultaneously. It just seems like a lot of hard work and an inconvenience for TPCi's voice actors in my opinion.

I doubt the XY anime as a whole will begin its various dub airing's in sync with Japan.

However, I do think that (depending on when XY's first episode or two is finished being made) we could get a "rough" version of the XY anime aired the same day as the games release for promotional purposes (like how we got an hour long sneak peek of AG the day before RS was released). There wouldn't be any opening theme song and the dubbing may need tweeking later for the official series, but they could still do it if they wanted to.

I see no reason for the dub to show a sneak peek too when they'll already have Alexa, Gogoat, Helioptile, and Noivern running around about the time of XY's release.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

For this whole thing to even work it would take plenty of collaboration put in by those in PUSA and those in Japan. It is tougher than it sounds.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

Talking about Dub in the Spoilers section just doesn't seem right. Its like we are the original fans watching the sacred Original Anime while the dub is a impurity meant for the secondary fans who don't really matter. Original fans are the cooler bunch who knows about thing that secondary impure fans can't even imagine.

Logically speaking, I don't think it would be wise to air the Anime simultaneously. Something bad happens, just saying, and we lose continuation.

Isn't Sailor Moon doing a world wide release or is that manga only? (Have no idea tbh but heard something about worldwide and SM last year)

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    I've already known that they've been working something out in the shadows.
    So there ninjas?

All kidding aside why not ask Tom? He is on Twitter. Of course he might not be able to say anything due to legal issues.
    Last edited by MidnightMelody; 3rd July 2013 at 5:01 AM.

Honestly, I don't think it's impossible for the dub to be in sync with the original when XY comes out. If it was, it'll more than likely be a 2 day gap between the Japanese and the American release.

I mean, TPCi has proven that they can pick up and shift it into overdrive when it comes to shortening the gap. Just look at the end of the Battle Frontier arc. We would've probably had the same time of length if they didn't release the episodes daily with the BF arc, but we wouldn't be this far if they didn't do it.Look at it this way, We'll shorten the gap by a week when they rerun Movie 15 and the prequel to Movie 16. The gap will more than likely shrink more with other misc. gaps in between now and October with a slight chance will be about 1~3 episodes behind when the original Japanese gets to the Best Wishes farewell.

Besides, It will more than likely be synced all around for XY since Six Gen is going to be the at the same time worldwide releases generation anyways.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

Quote Originally Posted by DaAuraWolf View Post
    Honestly, I don't think it's impossible for the dub to be in sync with the original when XY comes out. If it was, it'll more than likely be a 2 day gap between the Japanese and the American release.

I mean, TPCi has proven that they can pick up and shift it into overdrive when it comes to shortening the gap. Just look at the end of the Battle Frontier arc. We would've probably had the same time of length if they didn't release the episodes daily with the BF arc, but we wouldn't be this far if they didn't do it.Look at it this way, We'll shorten the gap by a week when they rerun Movie 15 and the prequel to Movie 16. The gap will more than likely shrink more with other misc. gaps in between now and October with a slight chance will be about 1~3 episodes behind when the original Japanese gets to the Best Wishes farewell.

Besides, It will more than likely be synced all around for XY since Six Gen is going to be the at the same time worldwide releases generation anyways.
    No, it is impossible. Translating the script, writing the dub script and timing it, casting all the characters and recording the lines takes time. It cannot be done that fast.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    Talking about Dub in the Spoilers section just doesn't seem right. Its like we are the original fans watching the sacred Original Anime while the dub is a impurity meant for the secondary fans who don't really matter. Original fans are the cooler bunch who knows about thing that secondary impure fans can't even imagine.

Logically speaking, I don't think it would be wise to air the Anime simultaneously. Something bad happens, just saying, and we lose continuation.
    Unless you are a 10 year old japanese kid you matter just as much as people that are "secondary" dub viewers.

Named Admiral Sentret

Oh lord. Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    No, it is impossible. Translating the script, writing the dub script and timing it, casting all the characters and recording the lines takes time. It cannot be done that fast.
    i agree. there is a lot more that goes into the dub than most people would think. having the dub out at the same time is almost impossible, especially as the current series of the anime is about 93 days behind.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

The english dub of the Alexa episode will come out this October, so There's no chance of airing XY anime dub in the same month.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

The Alexa dub episodes will be airing when the XY games are released in the US. That means the kids of the US will see XY pokemon in the anime. So no, we will not see the XY anime in October in the US.

The dream has been killed and we should all get it through our heads that the Japan and US will never simultaneously air the same episodes.

It's impossible to air the anime in any place where te games re being released on 12th October for the reason that iftht is true, Team Plasma have to be airing in my country already based on the games' gap.

In the US it's not impossible but is rather difficult. And I think that the Alexa arc will be te answer to the delay.

Remember tat the games are airing intertionally since 2009 but the animeisn't airing in my country as the same time as the United States are airing right now 99% of the time. In other countries, they have aired episodes before the US, but only at the end of a season.

The anime will air at Christmas at best in the US unless the anime ends is airing in Japan in early September ending in BW140 and not BW144
    Note: the games are selling outside Japan t about the same time. The difference with XY is that we are getting at the same time as Japan and because of how the event is so important to Nintendo they have done a special thing by releasing the games on the same day even through games aren't released in America and specially Europe on Saturdays.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Footage isn't every thing.
    If tpci used that footage, it means they were given that episode, plus we all know it's possible to air these episodes simultaneously, all tpci needs to do is keep up with the Japanese airings till the end of the first season, then take a huge break, plus the dub is only 14 episodes behind.. and the difference is continuously getting smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    There will likely be no worldwide release of the anime, end of story. CN stills has Decolora Adventure episodes to air and they aren't skipping them, it's in their contract and they paid good money for those episodes. Expecting a speed run of episodes is nothing more than mere wishful thinking at best. As said before, Shopro and TV TOKYO are the TPTB on that matter and they likely won't allow it given TV TOKYO has broadcasting rights to these episode's first day debuts.
    tpci and cartoon network can air 4 episodes every week on a saturday morning, and if a simultaneous release for a japanese video game is possible, then this should be easy
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I personally think that with Alexa, we may see more Gen 6 stuff than usual before XY begins. That way fans of the animé will get stuff involving XY before the Best Wishes begins. Maybe a few episodes close to the end will be aired in doubles to close the gap a bit more, but not close it completely. Maybe a month or two.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    Really? They seemed fine with letting people in TCPI know that the Best Wishes series would run for 3 seasons/arcs, as well as letting them use footage from an episode that hasn't even aired in a Dubbed Opening. You don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Is it really coincidence that the Dub managed to catch up so much that October 12th is the release date of XY & that the Alexa Episode would air on October 12th in the Dub? I've already known that they've been working something out in the shadows.
    Thats a whole diferent story they share information, the guy from France dub said that before the american guys did, so no you aren't getting anything conviniently planned JUST FOR YOU GUYS !!!!, the footage was from the episodes they had already, your dub company bougth them, they can do wtv they want with them, the opening was made by them not TV Tokyo.

It is a coincidence, again US isn't the only country besides Japan in the world that has pokemon airing, they don't accomodate things just for you guys because if that was the case they would do the same with other dubs.

You certaintly are rigth about this being the wrong section, ignored the sarcasm in your posts obviously, there are no second rate fans but there are diferent sections and you guys end up talking about the dub here anyway....

If tpci used that footage, it means they were given that episode, plus we all know it's possible to air these episodes simultaneously, all tpci needs to do is keep up with the Japanese airings till the end of the first season, then take a huge break, plus the dub is only 14 episodes behind.. and the difference is continuously getting smaller.

tpci and cartoon network can air 4 episodes every week on a saturday morning, and if a simultaneous release for a japanese video game is possible, then this should be easy
    You make it sound so simple, for CN to just air 4 Episodes every fay. There are other shows that are on at those times for one, and can just won't do that anyway.
    It just isn't going to happen people have to get over the dub not airing with the games in the us. This is when the fact that the games are more important than the anime and japan being more important than america shows the most.

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    You certaintly are rigth about this being the wrong section, ignored the sarcasm in your posts obviously, there are no second rate fans but there are diferent sections and you guys end up talking about the dub here anyway....
    The reason I posted it in spoilers was because it was about X/Y, and heavily contains talk about the upcoming Gogoat episode as that's a huge part of the discussion.

For those people saying it's impossible, it's not. People are talking about script-writing and casting as if that's something that happens after they've got the footage, that's absolutely absurd. The episode would not have to be in the final stage of production to be dubbed, things like battle animations and shading could quite easily be left out when the footage was passed over for dubbing.
    Last edited by DMerle; 3rd July 2013 at 3:00 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast