Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or...

Quote Originally Posted by Newpokemontrainer View Post
    Orange islands 2.0 ? But In Orange islands Ash actually had a goal, but in DA! Ash and the others are traveling without any goals.
    Pretty much this. XD.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    There is literally no reason to watch the anime if it were all fillers. If there isn't progression for the main characters and their pokemon, you're literally watching for no reason. Fillers are good in moderation.
    We would still have the reason of wanting to waste 22 minutes of our lives on a children's show over something productive.

There is literally no reason to watch the anime if it were all fillers. If there isn't progression for the main characters and their pokemon, you're literally watching for no reason. Fillers are good in moderation.
    If my favorite characters and pokemon are in that filler episode . It is so worth watching !! I can see every single episode of the original trio without getting bored even if it was a filler.
    I Defiantly can't handle 2DA and the whole BW series it is so lame and not funny. Iris and cilan, seriously ? they are getting worse and worse !! and i'm sick of iris keep saying to ash " you are such a kid" In every episode !! SHUT UP YOU ARE NOT FUNNY
    I didn't liked DP also , The whole show was all about dawn and her adventure with that annoying piplup of hers. Dawn was so OVERRATED I just can't stand her !!
    AG was ok to me.. at least i liked may.

Actually the only reason I am still watching pokemon BW is for the pokemon and battles ONLY
    Last edited by besho; 12th July 2013 at 5:41 AM.

Every time someone watches a show, it's for no reason. The whole point of watching programs is to waste time and entertain yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    If my favorite characters and pokemon are in that filler episode . It is so worth watching !!
    Agreed here.

I Defiantly can't handle 2DA and the whole BW series it is so lame and not funny. Iris and cilan, seriously ? they are getting worse and worse !! and i'm sick of iris keep saying to ash " you are such a kid" In every episode !! SHUT UP YOU ARE NOT FUNNY
    I didn't liked DP also , The whole show was all about dawn and her adventure with that annoying piplup of hers. Dawn was so OVERRATED I just can't stand her !!
    AG was ok to me.. at least i liked may.

Actually the only reason I am still watching pokemon BW is for the pokemon and battles ONLY
    mother of god

firstly i liked piplup and so did a lot of other people
    secondly you cant say DP was entirely about dawn when ash still got more focus than her

and how is dawn overrated?
    Last edited by Canada; 17th July 2013 at 3:04 AM.

Ever since N arc ended which was one of Unova highlights imo doing good coverage on his story and cause to set up pokemon free from human influence, aside from few episodes revolved around Iris character development and a bit of Charizard showing i have to say Dekolora arc was big disappointment.

It has no real storyline or some task characters are trying to accomplish, there is very little development and no real substance to it which would justify journey through Kanto and make it more meaningful. Along with most of saga being wasted on episodes of no real consequence involving very little growth for characters or advance of story.

I said it before and ill say it again. It was really shameful how whole concept of World Cup writers left pass on such low note covering it through small provincial event in form of Junior Cup which was anything but something which could be called event hosted on global basis given who participants were and way it was structured.

Writers had perfectly fine storyline which they could had expand upon after league and N arc filling up rest of Unova with actual plot through which Ash could advance and have it feel like his journey over there wasn't waste. Thus make series more enjoyable and significant to follow. Along with giving way of Cilan and Iris being part of something big which would provide more depth to their stories and ways to develop.

There could have been several cups spread across Dekolora islands like Senior Cup or Champion cup acting as follow up from Junior tournament opening access toward return of previous gym leaders(heck Clair could had be one of participants introducing her in more appropriate way to play part in Iris plot) and possibly give us surprising returns in form of Brock and Misty. For who going on travel to compete in events on global basis would be justified helping her to advance water master career for which battling in tournaments and meeting other strong trainers from which you could learn is desirable. As well bringing more tension and spice in group dynamics creating hype and help promote BW2 games even better thanks to recognition and iconic status.

But instead we got possibly worst side adventure ever in my honest opinion not having much excitement or memorable moments to begin with. Barring few and far between noble exceptions.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 17th July 2013 at 9:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sling View Post
    Every time someone watches a show, it's for no reason. The whole point of watching programs is to waste time and entertain yourself.

Agreed here.

mother of god

firstly i liked piplup and so did a lot of other people
    secondly you cant say DP was entirely about dawn when ash still got more focus than her

and how is dawn overrated?

Dawn's character is nothing special to me. Although i think she has a cute design.
    Most of the show was about her . She is the only female character that got this amount of focus., and i don't think she deserve it. There is a lot of better characters that needs and deserve focus and devolpment as much as dawn did . That is why i think she is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I stopped actually watching the episodes after Axew gets Lost, just read about it. I think it isn't worth 21 minutes to go through certain episodes (certain fillers) or episodes that are uninteresting, because I had a feeling it'd turn into something like fanservice/nostalgia (Episode N and Charizard). I saw the pictures, and I'm lazy sometimes.
    Well some of the N episodes were pretty good if you would ignore some of the stupidness of some fillers. But atleast those were good. This is why Team Plasma should have showed up earlier.

I might go back to watching in XY. I might watch the Pansy episode too. It's a sad thing when you're selective about what episodes to watch and the ones you watch feels kind of forced-to-do type of stuff. Don't reply with 'why not just quit' or stuff like that, because I still have my love for anime, it's just that the episodes right now are just... dull.
    I believe that there is always going to be a boring age in pokemon in which everything seems boring. It happened in Johto, so I knew it would happen again. But I wasn't expecting it to after a league though. But don't give up just yet. Maybe there is still hope.

My ideal battle ever!

Dawn's character is nothing special to me. Although i think she has a cute design.
    Most of the show was about her . She is the only female character that got this amount of focus., and i don't think she deserve it. There is a lot of better characters that needs and deserve focus and devolpment as much as dawn did . That is why i think she is overrated.
    Why don't you just say May

Most of the show wasn't about her, it's a false statement. She got as much focus as Ash did, that can be accepted. Her focus didn't harm Ash's development, so there's nothing wrong about it IMO. Anyway, that doesn't say she's overrated or not. Overrated is generally used when people rate a character a lot more than what she deserves. I don't think anyone over here overrates her.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Why don't you just say May

Most of the show wasn't about her, it's a false statement. She got as much focus as Ash did, that can be accepted. Her focus didn't harm Ash's development, so there's nothing wrong about it IMO. Anyway, that doesn't say she's overrated or not. Overrated is generally used when people rate a character a lot more than what she deserves. I don't think anyone over here overrates her.
    Lol First of all, My favorite character is misty Not may regardless of my avatar lol. Both misty and may had reasonable amount of focus in the show.( thankfully)
    The writer overrates dawn more than she deserves . Thats what i mean.
    Last edited by besho; 17th July 2013 at 7:04 PM.

They didn't give dawn that much more focus compared to misty, they simply gave Brock less which put out the illusion of dawn being the main character as Brock for the most part just got stabbed by croagunk and then did nothing in most fillers.

Lol First of all, My favorite character is misty Not may regardless of my avatar lol. Both misty and may had reasonable amount of focus in the show.( thankfully)
    The writer overrates dawn more than she deserves . Thats what i mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    They didn't give dawn that much more focus compared to misty, they simply gave Brock less which put out the illusion of dawn being the main character as Brock for the most part just got stabbed by croagunk and then did nothing in most fillers.
    Trust me on this, Dawn didn't even get fillers dedicated only for her like Ash and Butterfree, May and Swablu. Most of her spotlight fillers were delegated to Piplup. I, and I think many Dawn fans hate Piplup ironically, because it ate up a lot of screen time and even made a fuss out of it in the last episode

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Well, You have a point here. I think maybe this is the reason why i think dawn has more focus.

the amount of development each character received is just relative to how much the others received. The only reason people think she had more focus was because brock had less.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

During the first half of DP leading up to the Wallace Cup episodes Dawn definitely got a LOT of screentime. Most of those early DP episodes focused heavily on Dawn in some form, or were ones she got equal screentime with Ash in. In fact that's why when DP first started people felt the saga was focusing on her more than Ash.

It was only after the Wallace Cup that the writers reduced Dawn's screentime a bit. Because then the writers had to focus more on Paul and Ash's Pokemon team and the balance shifted out.

During the first half of DP leading up to the Wallace Cup episodes Dawn definitely got a LOT of screentime. Most of those early DP episodes focused heavily on Dawn in some form, or were ones she got equal screentime with Ash in. In fact that's why when DP first started people felt the saga was focusing on her more than Ash.

It was only after the Wallace Cup that the writers reduced Dawn's screentime a bit. Because then the writers had to focus more on Paul and Ash's Pokemon team and the balance shifted out.
    yeah. i have to admit she had way more screentime than most companions to start with, but at least it evened out later. i'm not sure all that focus was worth it.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    give us surprising returns in form of Brock and Misty. For who going on travel to compete in events on global basis would be justified helping her to advance water master career for which battling in tournaments and meeting other strong trainers from which you could learn is desirable. As well bringing more tension and spice in group dynamics creating hype and help promote BW2 games even better thanks to recognition and iconic status.
    Do you have to bring up Misty returning in every thread? I know you like her character, but she's been gone 12-something years, I figured you would have moved on by now. Misty got closure, she proved her worth as a trainer to her sisters and became the Cerulean Leader. That's all she needs, that's all she'll get. Her Water Pokemon Master goal was very ambiguous and untouched.

And, yes, Dawn did get an extremely significant amount of screen time and focus throughout DP in-comparison to May and other girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Do you have to bring up Misty returning in every thread? I know you like her character, but she's been gone 12-something years, I figured you would have moved on by now. Misty got closure, she proved her worth as a trainer to her sisters and became the Cerulean Leader. That's all she needs, that's all she'll get. Her Water Pokemon Master goal was very ambiguous and untouched.
    In order to receive closure either plots are required to be closed down with purpose behind someone journey being fulfilled,or there need to be provided mechanisms which could allow for conclusion for someone story in future. Considering how Misty never became water master or came close to it taking over position she was already in charge of before(being already gym leader before), nor changed her career with whole situation about her dreams and future being left uncleared we can with certainty say how her story was indeed left hanging in air.

But that's beside the point.
    I was merely expressing how i find it was waste to drop on opportunity to expand on World Cup from games filling up Dekolora arc with more concrete and sustainable storyline, which would give Ash and his companions opportunity to get more growth but also open gate toward possible return of popular previous characters as well in that case like Misty or Brock. Since they appeared in BW2 games with its plot providing way to infiltrate some of them within current storyline and advance their own characters.
    Something i believe majority would rather had over what we got instead.

Likewise i don't see any reason why those which like certain characters shouldn't be able to express their desires and wanting to see them in anime again.

Moving on=/= equal stopping to care of seeing someone again. Since you can be both realistic and hopeful.
    This is discussion board and last time i checked people are free to share their own views and express their wishes about this anime and in what way they find certain segments could improve.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 19th July 2013 at 7:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post

And, yes, Dawn did get an extremely significant amount of screen time and focus throughout DP in-comparison to May and other girls.
    Let the people voice their opinions you don't have the right to tune them out.

I agree with everyone who said Da! should never have happened, we could have had a more plot driven arc, but no, that's too much to ask.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Yeah I'll tell you.

After the tremendous stories AG gave me, it was pretty hard to top them. Best Wishes could have been so much better, but fate chose a different path for it. Now, us nostalgia fans aren't interested.

Perhaps I'll be interested in the XY Saga if they don't mess up Ash's captures (like stupidly giving him the 3 Starters).
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Perhaps I'll be interested in the XY Saga if they don't mess up Ash's captures (like stupidly giving him the 3 Starters).
    If he get three doesn't mean the series will suck. They advertise and they will keep doing it until they stop making them. If people are bored there are other shows on that they can complain about. I like pokemon despite the starters usage. Better than giving them to someone who was like Brock who barely used it.

My ideal battle ever!

It would be nice if something happened since Iris and Cilan are leaving.

To be honest, I've found most of "Best Wishes: Season 2" to be disppointing, from Iris getting Dragonite, to the Junior Cup, to Team Rocket's plot, most of the league, much of the Team Plasma arc and now the DA episodes. The only parts I've really enjoyed have been a few of the battles. Most of the episodes as a whole I did not enjoy, and the DA arc especially has been lacking, though I suppose that is entirely my opinion, and I know that there are those of you who have enjoyed this recent run of episodes.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

I'm okay with Ash not having a goal this time around. I want some down time then non canon gym battles and no tournment in them.

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    I'm okay with Ash not having a goal this time around. I want some down time then non canon gym battles and no tournment in them.
    Well you got that. I'll be honest I personally would prefer the exact opposite.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast