Thread: What are your thoughts on Wobbuffet?

Question What are your thoughts on Wobbuffet?

Hello guys!

I'm thinking of training a Wobbuffet and I would like your oppinions on Wobbuffet. And if you could share any tips (like held items and ev-points and such)
    I also wonder since it never attacks first is it worth to have a nature that make Wobbuffet slower but boosts something else?

With Wobbuffet you should get high defense, since ghost and bug attacks are all physical attacks.

Bold is high Def. low Att. while Impish is high Def. low Sp.Att. Go 252 HP EV, 128 Def and 128 Sp.Def.

Leftovers is the obvious item choice for Wobb.

With higher defense stat it should make npcs use special attacks at it, at which point you spam Mirror Coat. Else, if you're fighting physical Pokemon like Crobat or Rhydon then spam Counter. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfram74 View Post
    With Wobbuffet you should get high defense, since ghost and bug attacks are all physical attacks.

Bold is high Def. low Att. while Impish is high Def. low Sp.Att. Go 252 HP EV, 128 Def and 128 Sp.Def.

Leftovers is the obvious item choice for Wobb.

With higher defense stat it should make npcs use special attacks at it, at which point you spam Mirror Coat. Else, if you're fighting physical Pokemon like Crobat or Rhydon then spam Counter. Hope this helps

Ok, but even if the attack is lowed it will it still do the double damage if I choose right?

Yeah, it does double of whatever damage it receives. anyway, i've never used a Wobufett except to catch Latios, but i think leftovers would help alot.
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by mjunior3 View Post
    Yeah, it does double of whatever damage it receives. anyway, i've never used a Wobufett except to catch Latios, but i think leftovers would help alot.
    Then I think Wobb could be usefull since Waynut knows the move "Encore".

Yeah, that could work. Encore a physical, then spam the hell out of counter.
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Wobbuffet
    Nature: Impish (+ Def - SP. ATK) / Careful (+ SP. DEF - SP. ATK)
    Ability: Shadow Tag
    Item: Leftovers / Focus Band / Lum Berry
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Sp. Def
    ~Safeguard
    ~Encore
    ~Counter
    ~Mirror Coat

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

I've never liked Wobbuffet to be honest.
    *Credit to Omega Elegy*
    Credit to Inferno Productions

I quite like Wobbufett, mainly because it is fun to annoy people with since it's very defensive and can still f*ck people up xD

Wobbufett is awsome as he can counter lots of attacks with counter and mirror coat and it high defence helps it do this

Current Platinum team: Lv50 Lv50 Lv50 Lv50 Lv50
    Current Black team: Lv16 Lv16

I love Wobbuffet, but I hated running into him on the Sevii Islands. When I was a kid I only used Charizard, and he kept on Destiny Bonding my Charizard and KOing him >.> It was really annoying, but I absolutely love using him other than that

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend training a Wobbuffet because of the lack of skills. I would say its a tactic pokemon, where you must have tactics to use its moves. But even then i find that his tactics are not so great.

The only thing I loved about Wobbuffet was in the shows where Team Rocket Jessie had it and it would always come out and make a funny scene.
    Pokemon Master

Quote Originally Posted by MrJosephIssa View Post
    To be honest, I wouldn't recommend training a Wobbuffet because of the lack of skills. I would say its a tactic pokemon, where you must have tactics to use its moves. But even then i find that his tactics are not so great.

The only thing I loved about Wobbuffet was in the shows where Team Rocket Jessie had it and it would always come out and make a funny scene.
    Actually if used right Wobbuffet can be as dangerous as Shuckle. If he has the ability of Shadow Tag then you can't switch Pokemon forcing you to fight him which could lead you into a lot of trouble. If EV trained in Def and Sp Def his defensive stats are remarkable due to it's high HP meaning it can take a beating. It may not have good attack stats but with Mirror Coat and Counter it could be a 1 hit faint for the enemy Pokemon regardless of it's attack stats.
    Musicians Club:

Check out my music below and click become a fan!

Reverbnation - http://www.reverbnation.com/seraph3?...eader_icon_nav

Well said T3ckNik4, I will keep what you said in consideration and try it out sometime!
    Pokemon Master

Yeah, Wobbufett usually isn't the best choice, but if you're keen on using him, there are certainly ways to manipulate the battle and his skills to your advantage! Personally, I have never been able to use Wobbufett well, but perhaps you will be able to.

Wobbufett with Encore can be very dangerous.

You're locked in to doing one move against A Pokémon who's strongest attack is countering your own. The only Advantage you have over it is that you can choose your attack type which he's not countering, with Encore there is NO guess work and it's then a matter of time for you to go down. Shadow Tag basicly prevents you from escaping.

In 3rd Gen Official Competitions, and Smogon Banned it, as the there was nothing to get stop it from wiping your party.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I've never been a fan of it or used one myself, (even for wandering legends I used a Crobat w/ Mean Look) but I can't deny its usefulness in many battles. If it could learn Substitute it would be nigh on invincible.

The Immortal Punching Bag of Doom

Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Anything that boosts Defense

Substitute
    Counter
    Mirror Coat
    Encore

Just wishful thinking...