Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unfinished Unova

Default Unfinished Unova

Hey guys, haven't started a thread in a while, so not 100% sure this belongs here. Move, if necessary. And note, that this isn't a BW bash thread either.

In my opinion, I just feel that the writers didn't finish Unova. There were some locations which could have easily led to arcs and more interesting plots than just a cop-out archipelago of filler.

For example, one of my favorite locations in Unova is Lacunosa Town, and I know they traveled there for a tournament, but I think they could've done something with the whole Kyurem and eating people and staying indoors at night.

Another location i would've liked to see an anime spin to was Village Bridge.

They could've met up with Skyla somewhere down the line and fly to Lentimas, subsequently hearing about a legendary Heatran being in a nearby Reversal Mountain.

Also, a Marine Tube episode where something goes horribly wrong, and need for aquatic Pokémon [cue Palpitoad/Oshawott/Stunfisk/ usage or evolution or capture] to save the day.

I also had high hopes to see what the anime would do for Black City and White Forest, but oh well I guess..

These events could have happened on the way to the league, between then and episode n, or even after episode n. It would take up probably the same amount of episodes Da! would last anyway.

Basically, how do you feel about some locations being skipped, and if you were so to speak the writers, what locations would u explore, and what would the plot be? Heck, it could even be filler! But at least, it wouldve completed Unova...
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS FC :3 --> 3239 - 3347 - 2169 Friends are nice, not just for safari, but in general! My safari's grass btw :'D

*Grass Master in Training*->The Boy Who Understands the Call of Nature

Why be sober, when you can be heartless?

i really wanted to see black city/white forest. that could have been a really great plot arc, especially with white tree hollow/black tower. it would have been cool to see ash battle benga.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

White Forest/Black City was one of the places I really was looking forward too. Same with the Marina Tube. But, I guess not all places would of gotten a mention.

I feel that with only 3 seasons of Black/White, that they didn't reach their potential. How many seasons did the other generations have? (Not counting Kanto) 4-ish seasons right?

I agree, it really sucks they didnt show some places. I really wanted to see White forest, because I am so sure something would have been caught :P

White Forest/Black City were never going to happen seeing as writers made Opelucid a generic city instead of choosing either style.

I was surprised the marine tube didn't get an episode, considering it was one one of the main new advertised places in the games. It could have been an another potential episode for palpitoad to be in, and wouldn't be in it. Plus it could have been the episode leading up to cameron's battle with marlon, instead of the stupid "ash and him get lost" one.
    Last edited by yuoke; 4th July 2013 at 2:32 PM.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

And the battle institute could have been put in an episode (Right after Elesa or something)

"Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

Yeah I feel you.

White Forest /Black City with Benga should've happened. Or Lentimas Town, or Marine Tube.

Also I wished Ash would've met the E4. We only saw a tiny bit of Caitlin. There's a lot more game character that I wished we could've seen in the animé: Hugh, Seven Sages, Shadow Triad, Hilda/Hilbert, Nate/Rosa etc.

And ofcourse some closure on rivalries (actually all of them) would've been nice. Unova had a lot of potential but I think because BW2 and the natural disasters the writers had to improvise and make last minute changes. At the start of Best Wishes Ash was supposed to battle Drayden (look at the outlinings in Ash's Badge Case) but because of BW2 they had to change it to Roxie. They rushed the entire saga and the league just to have a filler saga at the end. It just doesn't make sense. A lot of things didn't go according to plan.

White Forest and Black City were also in the same spot, how they would make that work is hard to imagine.

As for the gym leaders, he probably would've had it worse with Drayden than Roxie since his team wasn't developed enough at that time, not to mention Iris' backstory would've caused all sorts of conflictions.

LOL, this reminds me of how everyone complained they skipped over Mt. Pyre back in Hoenn. The writers always skip certain places.

If it's any consolation, they very well could have been worse than Da.

Kyurem could be saved for Saga finale

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    LOL, this reminds me of how everyone complained they skipped over Mt. Pyre back in Hoenn. The writers always skip certain places.
    Yeah, but this time they skipped quite a bit of locations, and to rush into an arc of pointless fillers :/

3DS FC :3 --> 3239 - 3347 - 2169 Friends are nice, not just for safari, but in general! My safari's grass btw :'D

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    Kyurem could be saved for Saga finale
    He would have been used in a unova arc though, kyurem being randkmly on an island close to kanto would make no sense. I know the anime isnt always completely accurate to the games, but something like a mascot legendary should stick to being in its region.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I was hoping to see the Village Bridge in the anime, but that won't happen as well as the Giant Chasm. Other places that I wanted to see show up in the anime were the Entralink, White Forest / Black City, Reversal Mountain, and Lentimas Town (Strange House).
    Last edited by Akuroma; 6th July 2013 at 10:27 PM.
    Pokemon Y FC: 2251 - 5899 - 9250

Quote Originally Posted by Soberheartless View Post
    Yeah, but this time they skipped quite a bit of locations, and to rush into an arc of pointless fillers :/
    Yeah, I don't know why there was such a rush to leave Unova. Oh wait....

I CAN'T BELIEVE ASH DIDN'T FACE NEITHER DRAYDEN OR MARLON.

THAT WOULD BE SUCH AN AMAZING BATTLE! Every gym in Unova was done pretty solid(w/ exception of the last where Ash deserved to defeat Roxie in an Real 6on6 the poison types deserved it as well)

Fraxure,Druggdigon and Haxorus vs Leavanny, Krookodile and Pika/Boldore/Unfezant!

Iris messed things up a lot for Ash! I mean her fight against Drayden was solid but Ash deserved one too!
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post

THAT WOULD BE SUCH AN AMAZING BATTLE! Every gym in Unova was done pretty solid(w/ exception of the last where Ash deserved to defeat Roxie in an Real 6on6 the poison types deserved it as well)

Fraxure,Druggdigon and Haxorus vs Leavanny, Krookodile and Pika/Boldore/Unfezant!

Iris messed things up a lot for Ash! I mean her fight against Drayden was solid but Ash deserved one too!
    Or that we didn't get a World Tournament either

Did you really think Ash would be able to beat roxie 6v6 if just koffing requires 3 pokemon alone to beat?

Most of the locations in Unova that the anime didn't cover were scattered around all over the place. An arc covering all of them would have been rather chaotic.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    Most of the locations in Unova that the anime didn't cover were scattered around all over the place. An arc covering all of them would have been rather chaotic.
    Not one arc, but maybe several arcs, or just a single episode as they arrive near the location.

Also, this may not be a location, but were rotation/triple battles ever shown?

Quote Originally Posted by Soberheartless View Post
    Not one arc, but maybe several arcs, or just a single episode as they arrive near the location.

Also, this may not be a location, but were rotation/triple battles ever shown?
    We got a partial triple battle in the Maractus episode with Over the Rainbow but nothing really happened

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Did you really think Ash would be able to beat roxie 6v6 if just koffing requires 3 pokemon alone to beat?
    The qriter overpowered Roxie if they wanted they could've let Unefezant or Boldore beat Koffing. But for some really strange reasons they decieded to degrade Ash in such a bad way. We never had that Ash needed 6 of his pokemons to beat anyone with just 3.

It's like they decieded that Riolu/Lucario should beat 3 of Ash's Pokes in the League. It could've fall to Unfezant but no.
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

The qriter overpowered Roxie if they wanted they could've let Unefezant or Boldore beat Koffing. But for some really strange reasons they decieded to degrade Ash in such a bad way. We never had that Ash needed 6 of his pokemons to beat anyone with just 3.

It's like they decieded that Riolu/Lucario should beat 3 of Ash's Pokes in the League. It could've fall to Unfezant but no.
    They didn't degrade Ash, they overpowered Roxie. There's a difference.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast