Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 53 of 53

Thread: Unfinished Unova

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    A badge is a badge. That's reason enough for Volkner, besides if it was wrong the league would have came for an audit like they did with pewter city gym. And as for skyla it was obvious that Ash was an anomaly and that out of 100 trials a team of 3 electric types would win a large proportion of the matches while 3 bug types generally wouldn't. As for the experience, it's all subjective, squirtle probably got more experience than charmander did, but charmander evolved much faster. One extra win or loss wouldn't count for much in the long run.
    *headdesk* *headdesk*

    I see you like being the devil's advocate


    Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedFan View Post
    It's sad that if Static didn't kick in Ash probably would of lost.
    Wow! I forgot all about that...yeah that is pretty sad




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    That's flawed logic. I guess Skyla's imaginary gym battles were fair since they were her rules. Volkner giving away badges is fair too since he made the rule
    The Pokemon League does inspections regularly as seen in the Pokemon chronicles where Inspector Joy gives Misty an Brock's brother a lot of trouble. I don't know if Skyla can convince them, but if she does it will be fair officially. I personally think Volkner will be demoted if he had continued it for long. (Judging by what Barry said about him, Volkner lost interest very recently). It's not flawed logic. A gym leader can make his own rules unless it's too extreme like in Volkner's case. Volkner would *perhaps* be reprimanded for his stupidity. So anyway, Roxie can set her own rules and own challenges and unless Ash reports the Pokemon League that the gym leader was unfair to him. he won't be able to touch her. I don't think those stuff will happen in the anime.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mew2 View Post
    I have to say that I disagree with Roxie being stronger than Volkner or Juan. Her Pokémon are not weak, but Ash's Unova Pokémon are very weak, possibly his weakest team bar his Johto Team, and only because of Krookodile and Leavanny. In fact, Ash could have won this battle with only three Pokémon: Leavanny, Pignite, and Pikachu, the very Pokémon that got wins in that gym. He didn't need the other three. Unfeazant, Palpitoad, and Boldore were practically useless in that gym battle from what I saw. In addition, they have not been portrayed as being very strong save for one battle, each. And with Unfeazant and Boldore it was when they evolved, which is why I came up with the theory that a Pokémon's power is in flux immediately upon evolving and the newly evolved Pokémon could be stronger then than said Pokémon would be after the evolution and the Pokémon's power has stabilized. I don't think that Roxie is on the level of Juan or Volkner. Both of those trainers gave a far stronger Ash than the one Roxie faced a run for his money and I think they would have beaten the Ash that Roxie faced with the Pokémon they used against him in their respective battles.
    No, I think you are wrong but that's my opinion. 1) Boldore did some damage with sandstorm, 2) Ash needed some time to figure out how the flip he should handle Koffing. Do you think he would have got the idea had Koffing not shown its speed? If it weren't for the battle with Boldore and Unfezant Ash would have never been able to figure out that Koffing had Sludge Bomb. Leavanny could have been owned in just one move by Koffing. 3) Palpitoad was there to show how potent Gunk shot+ Venoshock was. Had Ash not known that he would have blindly let Pkachu take the attacks. He at least tried to dodge Gunk Shot when Pikachu was in the game. In other words he would have been thrashed very badly if he only had Pikachu, Leavanny and Pignite. No Pokemon was pointless in here.

    I will agree if you say Ash's Unova team is weaker than his Sinnoh one but not by a huge amount, but judging by how this battle went, even the likes of his Sinnoh team won't handle Roxie. Remember what Drapion did to Buizel, Staraptor and Torterra? It took Ash four Pokemon to defeat Drapion. Roxie's Pokemon are that strong. So yes she's stronger than the team Volkner or Juan used. I won't say she is stronger than Volkner or Juan because neither might not be using their best teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Oh jeez, I just started a debate on PokéEthics. The point I was trying to make is that just because someone sets their own rules does not mean it will always be fair. I think it's unfair for people to get badges they didn't earn and a Gym Leader should battle even if they'll win. Travelers need the experience, Ash's Unfezant certainly needed that experience considering it was the only time it won any battles
    I think nobody said Roxie's rules were not unfair. She was using brutally strong Pokemon, but she compensated by helping Ash give a handicap and even heal his Pokemon. Skyla was a different case though. She was indeed wrong when it comes to not having a battle because Pokemon get experience only through battles, but she was correct with her predictions.

    In fact the canon couldn't convince me that Skyla was wrong. Her predictions were spot on when she defeated Cilan and she lost to Ash only because his Tranquill evolved. She was excellent at predicting outcomes.

    But yes, Tranquill evolving was perhaps the point of the episode. She has been realized that Tranquil only evolved because it was put up in a battle against her. So as a Gym Leader she had the responsibility of battling people and make their Pokemon stronger. That was her moral.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    *headdesk* *headdesk*

    I see you like being the devil's advocate



    Wow! I forgot all about that...yeah that is pretty sad
    I'm just saying that its their gym and what they are doing is fair. And how is that worse than giving pity badges?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •