Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: September 12: BWS2DA!E18 - Cilan VS The Ice Challenger! The Crisis at Striation Gym!!

Noooooooooooo!! If this is a central episode for Dento it means he his leaving!

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Usually Cilan's episodes are wonderful and tantalizing, I will keep an eye on this one the same way I did for others because of Pansage .
    Here's my opinion on it, with a fix. ^.^ Tuturu!~
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Well even if it is, I don't expect him to get development. In fact, this is probably just a reunion episode for Cilan and his brothers and of course, their elemental monkeys. That still bothers me though because I don't see the point in Chili and Cress appearing in the islands, but at least it would explain why they're in the Opening. I just hope there's a triple battle in this episode or something like that.
    Maybe if the brothers show up it gives Cilan a reason to leave. Anything's better than evolving especially when the poor monkey has been treated like broccoli that's been stepped on thoughout most of BW.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Here's my opinion on it, with a fix. ^.^ Tuturu!~
    Oh please. Nobody cares about how much you blindly love his character. The truth is he never does any thing useful and this episode will be more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Ray View Post
    The truth is he never does any thing useful and this episode will be more of the same.
    But doesn't every character serve some sort of purpose? He has done plenty of useful things.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    But doesn't every character serve some sort of purpose? He has done plenty of useful things.
    I know you love his character, but really in the grand scope, he's only there to provide comic relief and feed two children. He doesn't really develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    I know you love his character, but really in the grand scope, he's only there to provide comic relief and feed two children. He doesn't really develop.
    That's pretty important, actually. At the end of the day, it's important that you find something you like about something. Development serves that way too, to give you enjoyment. So does comic relief. It's just a different type of enjoyment.

And time's most likely running out for me to come onto forums and talk about his character. :x

And you know...what he lacks in character development, he makes up in his personality. He's definitely the quirkiest character on the main cast...just so dynamic. Maybe that's not for everybody but still...that doesn't make him useless...
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 5th July 2013 at 11:39 PM.

Trust me, everything that Cilan provides for the group can be easily obtained from a Pokemon Center, free of charge.

Cilan is pretty dang useless
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Trust me, everything that Cilan provides for the group can be easily obtained from a Pokemon Center, free of charge.

Cilan is pretty dang useless
    Same could be said for brock, but he managed to last 4 regions
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Same could be said for brock, but he managed to last 4 regions
    Brock's encyclopedic knowledge of moves, abilities, and medicine would be extremely hard to duplicate anywhere. Home cooked meals are much better than the fruit nonsense cilan makes and the subsidized mass produced pokecenter cafeteria food.

I feel the same way as well about Brock too. But funnily enough, I think Brock lasting so long was the result of the writers laziness towards their laziness. Their feasibly wasn't another character they could use to replace Brock nor are they challenged enough to create an new original one. So they just meandered around until they found someone who could realistically fill a hole that could literally be replaced by anyone else with the same skill set.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

...And now I think it's time to get back on topic. Which doesn't say much because the topic is extremely vague, but it sure as hell doesn't entail Cilan's worth as a character in general or, God forbid, Cilan VS Brock. Also some of you are way too close to character bashing, just fyi.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

This saga is begging for Pokemon development. An evolution would be prime, but I would even take a new move.

now i hope pansage evolve ,but dont want to put high hope to much
    Welcome Gen VI

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    This saga is begging for Pokemon development. An evolution would be prime, but I would even take a new move.
    Agreed. Or at least an episode to make Pansage more interesting.

This would be great if it's a Cilan/Pansage development episode since they've lacked it so heavily during the saga.

With BW so near to an end, there's always the possibility this is a departure episode for him but I doubt it and hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    This would be great if it's a Cilan/Pansage development episode since they've lacked it so heavily during the saga.

With BW so near to an end, there's always the possibility this is a departure episode for him but I doubt it and hope not.
    I think it's simply his last focus episode in BW. This airing next to Lapras episode makes me think both him and Iris are getting these last focus episodes since the two of them tend to get back-to-back focus episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I think it's simply his last focus episode in BW. This airing next to Lapras episode makes me think both him and Iris are getting these last focus episodes since the two of them tend to get back-to-back focus episodes.
    I agree this seems like the case without a doubt, I just hope they're good.

The writers have treated Cilan terribly with lack of development in terms of himself and his team when he's a brilliant character.

The writers have treated Cilan terribly with lack of development in terms of himself and his team when he's a brilliant character.
    At least he's gotten a great amount of screentime, if not development. Though him staying for XY could fix the development issue (if he stays).

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    At least he's gotten a great amount of screentime, if not development. Though him staying for XY could fix the development issue (if he stays).
    He is a companion though, Ash and companions always get good screentime - it's when they do something that it makes them even more entertaining.

Yeah i'm really hoping he stays, it'd be cool to give him a new outfit - and eventually new Kalos Pokemon.

In B2W2 he has quit being a Gym Leader, if he joined in XY it may be that he's retired his role just like in the games.

If Cilan leaves then hopefully this and another ep is focus for him. Then Iris can have focus in one of the other eps before they both leave.

So most likely this episode could be the episode where we would again see Cilan brothers, Chili and Cress (as suggested by the opening).

nice to see an episode focusing on pansage i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Noooooooooooo!! If this is a central episode for Dento it means he his leaving!
    no it doesnt
    why would he leave before the ending of bw
    what the hell

To be honest I actually think they treated Cilan pretty well. It's his pokemon that have been lacking development. Him parading around with his title goal and his rival not being a treat, has been good for him as far as he goes. But not for the viewers.

My ideal battle ever!

Pansage vs. Hariyama

We got a tournament!!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast