Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: September 19th: BWS2DA!E19 - Best Wishes! Until The Day We Meet Again!!

I don't really want to suggest Ash's Lapras joining him, it hurts too much, since Lapras was my favorite Ash water Pokemon, but I'd love for Lapras to want to travel with Ash again and stay at Professor Oak's. Lapras, Ash's rarest Pokemon (at that time and even now, ignoring it's rampant growth in other games).

But it's going to be an Iris focused episode, just because Ash isn't allowed to have any focus episode by himself in DA.

[quote]Lapras evolution[/s] Whoa, in what world would Lapras get an evolution. Maybe a pre-evolution, but I can't imagine what weird creature Lapras would evolve into.

Maybe some Cthulhu creature mixed with a plesiosaur (just kidding)

But no, this will just be an Iris episode, because she hasn't got enough development according to the writers.

Unless of course this episode isn't focused around a Lapras, and one just shows up.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    To be honest, we don't even have a title, just a confirmation that a Lapras will be in this episode. XD
    Probably also worth mentioning that this is information we're not actually supposed to have access to, either.

The last time we saw Lapras was in Lapras of Luxury, crazy to think that was more than a decade ago! wow, nostalgia.

I hope it's a least a flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    The last time we saw Lapras was in Lapras of Luxury, crazy to think that was more than a decade ago! wow, nostalgia.

I hope it's a least a flashback.
    your forgetting Solidads

inb4 Iris gets a Lapras and the Ash fans get mad ;p

But I have a gut feeling that the Lapras will end up with a main character. I had a gut feeling I'd be sick today. Thank god it was only me and my friends in that Pizza Hut toilets.... I hate it when you're sick and people are like 'Are you all right?' and you just wanna scream 'Weeellllll.... My food's decided not to go to Tummy-Ville, but becides that!...'

Basically, my hunches are usually right.

Though I'm prepared for them to pull a Butterfree.....

._.

I bet Iris gets over her Ice-Type fear.

Speaking of Iris' "Ice Type fear" is that really even worth bringing up at all anymore? It's not like Misty's fear of bugs where it's understandable since it's a common thing for girls to be afraid of bugs. I swear, with each girl, their "fear" gets increasing obscure and ridiculous. There really is no reason for Iris' fear other than some lame connection to Dragon type Pokemon.

Guessing the next girl will have a fear of waking up on a Tuesday at 12:07 while its raining while she is wearing blue socks.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Speaking of Iris' "Ice Type fear" is that really even worth bringing up at all anymore? It's not like Misty's fear of bugs where it's understandable since it's a common thing for girls to be afraid of bugs. I swear, with each girl, their "fear" gets increasing obscure and ridiculous. There really is no reason for Iris' fear other than some lame connection to Dragon type Pokemon.

Guessing the next girl will have a fear of waking up on a Tuesday at 12:07 while its raining while she is wearing blue socks.
    Stop, that's MY fear, jeez! jk LOL

Yeah, I really think the 'ZOMG, ice types!' stuff is really stupid. I'm actually pretty tired of Iris to be honest. I liked her at first, but now...I just want the Unova region stuff to be over.

Also...not getting my hopes up for Ash's Lapras showing up in this episode. Just not. I'd rather it show up while I'm not anticipating it instead of me hoping and hoping and hoping that--well I just don't want another Butterfree incident.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Well it's not that farfetched that Lapras might might appear due to their current locations.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I hope this lapras is one focusing on Iris and her fear of ice type! I don't want another crappy episode of Ash meeting a wild pokemon and having flashback about the time he have one!!

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    your forgetting Solidads
    Ash's Lapras I meant. XD

It's an obvious ploy just get you to watch. Just releasing the title that has Lapras in it weeks before the episode has you speculating "Well, Ash used to have a Lapras, so maybe he will remember his" or "Ash used to have a Lapras, maybe this one is his and it's coming back to join him" when at the end it will amount to neither and its just some random Lapras in the wild that the group will help and won't talk about after the episode.
    I really don't care about all of these kanto pokemon showing up now. There is still no point if no one is still doing anything so it doesn't matter to me. The writers just can't seem to think of anything else that could be better than seeing Ash's old pokemon.

My ideal battle ever!

Here come ash and lapras reunited speculations
    Did we learn nothing from the butterfree episode?
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

I guess it's become a new thing people speculate where if a Pokemon even looks like a Dragon, Iris has to interact with it or catch.

Seriously? Lapras? The thing looks more dinosaur than dragon, so unless Iris has discovered a new love for paleontology, she isn't going to walk away with one this episode. And the whole "Maybe she can conquer her Ice type fears" is a complete load as well.

You see, there's this crazy thing in Pokemon where that if a Pokemon is a dual type, only one of those types will be expanded upon. Case in point, Ash's Torterra and Infernape. Their Ground and Fighting type abilities aren't really brought up and they are mostly recognized as Grass and Fire types respectively. Gliscor fits into that group as well, since it is mostly thought of as a Flying type rather than Ground.

If Iris interacts with a Lapras, the fact that it is also an Ice type won't even be brought up as it is usually thought of as a Water type. Unless a Pokemon's primary type is Ice like Vanilte and Glalie, it's not really worth mentioning in regards to Iris.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

It's because iris has one in her team for BW2.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It's because iris has one in her team for BW2.
    And yet games =/= anime.

I don't even care about Iris's fear of Ice-types anymore. It was interesting at first, but it seems redundant now. Unless Lapras is owned by Georgia, I don't expect Iris to freak out.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Well it's not that farfetched that Lapras might might appear due to their current locations.
    That's what was said about Ash's Butterfree

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

True, but just mentioning Lapras gets older viewers thinking that "Maybe this Lapras has something to do with Ash's".
    I'm pretty sure you thought the same of the Heigani and Buoysel in the tag battle episode? The writers aren't "trolling" older views at all, you're just choosing to buy into the hype. I guarantee you, you aren't even on the writer's radars, they could care less about getting anyone thinking. If anything it's your own error if you're jumping to conclusions. There's no indication that this episode is even about Satoshi's Laplace.

I love how Satoshi has a monopoly on all species of Pokemon he's caught in the past BTW.

What's wrong with people wanting to see old Pokémon again? I honestly would like to see Lapras again, but I'm not expecting to see it here.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

I didn't watch that episode. Nor do I buy into the hype about anything that happens in BW. In fact, I wish there was ANYTHING that could get me marginally interested in this arc as so far it's just amount to a big nothing.

And I wasn't referring to this forum in particular. I was talking about the Japanese audience as well, as that is their primary target and the Western world isn't the only one that has people that watched the series back then and still do now. Everything I said before applies to them as well, as the more that watch the series, the more money they make and what better way than to trick them into watching an episode that passingly mentions something they remember from back then.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    And yet games =/= anime.
    It only means it being an iris development is fair game. Or at least more than say it being about CIlan.

I was talking about the Japanese audience as well, as that is their primary target and the Western world isn't the only one that has people that watched the series back then and still do now. Everything I said before applies to them as well, as the more that watch the series, the more money they make and what better way than to trick them into watching an episode that passingly mentions something they remember from back then.
    The Japanese audience of young five-year-old children, the main watchers of the show, don't think like that. It's only vocal, English-speaking Internet nerds that jump to conclusions like infantile, ill-mannered children with no self-restraint at the simple mention of "Laplace, Buoysel, Waninoko." etc. and than go throw a temper tantrum when their expectations aren't met.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 6th July 2013 at 2:26 AM.

I don't mind seeing another Lapras, as long as we get flashbacks of her.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

5 year olds aren't the only ones that watch the show. In fact, that goes for any T.V. show in that you can't assume that one particular age group watches a show and no one else. You create a larger market by not only appealing to the "5 year olds" but as well as the "5 year olds who watched the show and thought so much of it that they still watch it today". In a business that's about making money, you do anything that can turn a profit and the more people you can get to watch, the more money you stand to make.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

5 year olds aren't the only ones that watch the show. In fact, that goes for any T.V. show in that you can't assume that one particular age group watches a show and no one else. You create a larger market by not only appealing to the "5 year olds" but as well as the "5 year olds who watched the show and thought so much of it that they still watch it today". In a business that's about making money, you do anything that can turn a profit and the more people you can get to watch, the more money you stand to make.
    You can believe that if you want, but a small percentage of internet 90's neckbeards that want to relive the "good ol'" days aren't going to ever take priority over 10 year old japanese kids.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

5-year-olds are the main watchers of the show, Pokemon's ratings are built around increment ages of mainly 2-11 and 6-11. The writers mainly write this show with their intentions in mind, it's not their fault if English-speaking fans on an Internet forum are distraught over them simply featuring a Pokemon that isn't owned by the main character in an episode. This problem could simply be fixed by actually waiting for more information patiently and not being so quick to make a beeline for a certain line of thinking like a hungry, uncontrollable canine seeking a bone. But I guess that's too much to ask for given I'm sure the majority of this forum should be over the age of 12, if a fifteen-year-old can have more common sense it should be too hard to ask of a whole forum of grown anime fanatics.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast