Thread: RMT OU, Dragmag4life

Talking RMT OU ~ Raw Power

Hey, here's my 2nd RMT, as the title suggests, it has a DragMag core, very popular in OU, so I made a team with Haxorus and Magnezone (obviously) as the main members, then added some support and why not, some sweepers..
    so, here's the team!

First member, the lead, the fighting resistance, the dualscreen support, the Thunder wave spreading bird, Xatu!

@ Light Clay
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Roost

It's so useful because it's bringing Reflect and Light Screen, it can't be taunted, it can be used as a status absorber, Thunder Wave to cripple switching threats like Terrakion, Latios, Gengar, Keldeo, Rotom-W or other threats, Light Screen, and Roost for instant recovery. All the EVs are dumped into HP and Def to help it resist fighting moves and spread paralysis..

The second, Magnezone, the fear of all steel types!

@ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Volt Switch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flash Cannon

This one is so obvious, Hidden Power Fire to kill Ferrothorn, Scizor, Genesect (in DW OU), Forretress, Volt Switch is used to scout, can deal alot of damage on Tentacruel, Skarmory and Politoed? (If someone would have a Sdefensive one.. maybe?), Thunderbolt is the main stab, used to kill Water and Flying types, Flash Cannon just for STAB, since it doesn't really bring any useful KOs at all.. just that kind of 100% 80 damaging move.. I would've tried Signal Beam to kill Celebi and other Psychic types but I feel that Flash Cannon would be better.. EVs are added to its massive Satk and the Speed, Timid nature to outspeed base 110 positive natured pokes

And here's the Atlas Moth, Volcarona!

(M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Flame Body
    - Bug Buzz
    - Fiery Dance
    - Giga Drain
    - Quiver Dance

This set, along with Haxorus's are the most dualscreen abusive ones.. If Reflect is still up from Xatu, you can start Quiver Dancing and then sweep teams with relative ease! Fiery Dance is the STAB move that has a nice chance of raising its Satk, not bad, Giga Drain to get rid of the pesky Jellicent, Bug Buzz is its other STAB, a nice combo along with Fiery Dance.. Lum Berry is used to give Volcarona a chance to setup on the pokes that use paralysis or poison to ruin offensive pokemon, it's obvious, Timid Nature to tie with Scarfmence at a Quiver Dance

Now, the Hax0r of the team, Haxorus!

(M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Swords Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake

The biggest sweeper of the team imo, if it gets a chance to setup, Haxorus will be invincible. With the help of dualscreens and paralysis from Xatu and Celebi, it will have multiple chances to dualdance, and why not sweep! Mold Breaker is the ability that can KO Bronzong, Latios and Latias at +3 atk, after a DD and SD, Swords Dance to beat slow, bulky teams, or Dragon Dance to beat fast, frail teams. Outrage and Earthquake have nice coverage together, Outrage to hit everything that isn't steel-typed, and Earthquake to kill everything that's steel besides Skarmory, but that's killed by Volcarona.. This set needs dualscreen support mostly, but paralysis is good too. Jolly to outspeed neutral 100s, Lum Berry to get rid of a burn, poison, paralysis or confusion from Outrage.

4th sweeper, a little cute pony, Keldeo!

@ Life Orb
    Trait: Justified
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]
    - Icy Wind
    - Secret Sword
    - Hydro Pump

This is simple, if your team is meeting a rain team, it will easily deal like 60% to everything.. HP ghost is used mainly for Jellicent, but also for Lati@s, Celebi, Reuniclus and others, Icy Wind is useful for slowing offensive pokes like Terrakion and Dragonite on the switch-in, KO-ing them after with the proper move, Secret Sword is used to dent Gastrodon and the pink blobs, Hydro Pump has brutal power in the rain, but out of it too. I've decided to use Life Orb instead of Expert Belt. Why? Even though its coverage is amazing, Keldeo's lacking movepool isn't good enough to use a set like this properly, Life Orb is way better on Keldeo, hit hard and fast!

Now, the last team member, Celebi!

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
    - Leaf Storm
    - Thunder Wave
    - Recover
    - Earth Power

The last team member, Celebi! It's the 2nd status absorber, Thunder Wave spreading pixie! Leaf Storm is useful, it can easily destroy Gastrodon, Politoed, Ttar, Scarf Terrakion locked in Close Combat and others, Thunder Wave to slow the enemies down, Recover is obviously for instant healing and Earth Power for its good coverage and the ability to OHKO the physical (rare) Heatran and Magnezone locked in something like Thunderbolt. I used to run U-Turn to scout and to deal some damage, but I think that Earth Power or Psychic would be better..

O'well, this is my team, I hope you like it, please comment what should I change, I think it's pretty good, but I'd like to see what should be changed

A last look before I finish this thread!

Last edited by Amaretto; 7th July 2013 at 11:49 AM.

I look at this team and see a massive weakness to Garchomp. Earthquake wrecks everyone but Xatu and Celebi and Outrage knocks up everyone but Magnezone. Furthermore, variants carrying Stone Edge will probably give you huge trouble. That being said there is no true counter to Garchomp when it is being used by a good player. Bronzong and Skarm are the only two Pokemon that can suck up all hits from all physical Garchomps. I would suggest picking EITHER Xatu or Celebi to ditch as they are really close in function as you have them and replace it with Bronzong or Skarm. Bronzong can function extremely similarly to both while Skarmory gives more reliability in Roost and hazard support which could really help a Haxorus or Volcarona sweep. Personally, I would replace Celebi with Skarmory as Celebi seems to be the weakest link. Skarmory also brings Whirlwind to your team which aids the ability to shut down Baton Pass teams and Sub sets your team does not currently possess.

Volcarona's item could be changed. As you should be switching in Xatu if you think your opponent is going to status. I reccomend Focus Sash, Lefties for more screen abuse, or Life Orb to really pump the power after Quiver Dance. Life Orb is probably the most effective as Giga Drain acts as recovery for the recoil. If you don't choose Life Orb pick either HP Ground or HP Rock to replace Giga Drain because Heatran walls it 100% and it could give your team a lot of trouble. If it is a bulky with Roar variant.

I live in Eastern Time (GMT -4)

Quote Originally Posted by Xenevix View Post
    and Outrage knocks up everyone but Magnezone.
    -facepalm-

Anyways, 5/6ths of your team is weak to Balloon Heatran (granted Keldeo pretty much hard-counters Heatran, and Xatu can paralyze it, making it easy to deal with), but being that weak to a specific Pokemon is never good. I'd recommend dropping Celebi for bulky Rotom-W. Gives you something else to throw at Rain teams and stops Heatran from stomping all over you. CeleTran cores will still be a problem, but they shouldn't be hard to predict around (or you could just set up with Volcarona. After a few boosts Heatran can't touch it outside the very very rare Stone Edge, which is only carried on like .05% of Heatran).

Full rate later.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    5/6ths of your team is weak to Balloon Heatran
    You are officially obsessed with Air Balloon Heatran. Haha.

That aside, you have a decent team here, Amaretto. I see but a few notable changes that could be made to further benefit the offensive presence of the team.

First, your team currently has no form of hazard, which seems very much needed here to help Volcarona and/or Haxorus with sweeping the opposing team. You do, however, have Xatu, whom can only bounce opposing hazards back to the opponent's side. While this may come across most as a fail-safe of some sort, it is highly recommended that Xatu not be put under such heavy pressure when faced with such mediocre defenses. A quick fix to this would be replace Celebi's Thunder Wave for its own Stealth Rock. This obviously gives the team a source of hazard support, which Haxorus, Keldeo and Volcarona will appreappreciate. In addition to this, Celebi's spread could use a bit of tweaking. A spread of 252 Hp/ 236 SDef/ 20 Spd should suffice. If I'm not mistaken, this is a standard set that allows Celebi to be a special wall for the team. That said, you do currently lack special bulk; as Xatu is defensive and the rest of your team are using fully offensive spreads. Anyways, the results should speak for themselves upon testing. Haha.

Spoiler:- Specially Defensive Celebi:

Next, I'd like to address the very much present opposing Volcarona weakness that you currently have. Becoming popular is Volcarona running Lum Berry, which you may know from experience is an excellent option since most trainers tend to go for a form of status at Volcarona and stop its sweeping ability through being hinderer but paralysis or being poisoned. This means that if Volcarona were to come in on(lets say) Magnezone while being locked into Flash Cannon, it will have the opportunity to set up two QD on your team. Modest variants will follow up with a sweep, while Timid variants will have to worry about the 2HKO that comes with facing Haxorus. No, Bug Buzz does not OHKO after a +1 OD with the Timid variant. After Stealth Rock, however, the Timid variant scores a solid OHKO on all of your team. A fix to this would be the replace Xatu with something like Scarfed Landorus-I or Terrakion. Landorus-I is somewhat the superior choice for the team you currently have here. This would, however, come at the cost of your dual screen setter, which may sound discerning at first. It does add a much appreciated check to said Volcarona weakness, though, which may then be reassuring when the opportunity presents itself. In addition to this, Landorus-I would provide the team with a scout whom, since you currently lack a Choice Scarf user, would be a great addition to the team.

Spoiler:- Scarfed Landorus:

Lastly, I would highly recommend booting Swords Dance on Haxorus for something more useful like Aqua Tail, Brick Break or Superpower. Super Power and Brick break allow Haxorus some way of dealing with Ferrothorn or Skarmory, while Aqua Tail allows Haxorus to deal with Gliscor outside of having to risk a switch into a Toxic or being Outrage-lock bait. Anyways, the reasons behind these changes may be obvious once practiced.

Spoiler:- Haxorus:

Other than this, I see nothing else that could be changed in favor of the team. As it currently stands, you have a small Heatran weakness, a very notible Volcarona weakness and no Choice Scarf user.

With the changes, your team will be as so:

In the ends, the changes can only help at your own discretion. Feel free to let me know if any holes open up after changes have been made or testing has been done. Best of luck and I hope that this was of some help.
    Last edited by CedOmega; 9th July 2013 at 5:50 AM. Reason: Grammar check

When in doubt, fight harder...Never accept defeat as temporary satisfaction...
    Feel the Heat
    Check out my latest RMT

Thanks for the help guys, Ill try to remedy those problems, I will make a new team later, once again, thanks for helping me!