Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Community POTW #132

Hahaha, yes! Finally something I can work with!

Here's my old 'Sect set I used to use in OU before whiny little kids from Smogon banned it for being broken, despite being virtually hard-countered by practically any Fire-type in the game that isn't weak to Thunderbolt.

Genesect @ Life Orb
    Modest - Download
    172 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 84 HP
    -Rock Polish
    -Thunderbolt / Giga Drain
    -Ice Beam
    -Hidden Power (Ground)

Basically shits on ****. Set up a Rock Polish as your opponent switches out to preserve their precious Psychic-typed sweeper, then decimate ****. This set sacrifices STAB for brutal coverage, including being able to OHKO the infamous Heatran, who usually gets in against other Genesect for free. Thunderbolt VS Giga Drain is really superior coverage VS healing ability. I go with Thunderbolt, because he's basically a late-game cleanup sweeper. Ice Beam is just coverage. Get this thing out against a Skarmory and get +1 Sp. Atk and +2 Speed, and your opponent pretty much loses if he doesn't have one of the few things that can claim to counter this set. And even then, those things (I.E. Volcarona) tend to be easy to wear down. 172 EVs in Speed (168 if you're not using Hidden Power) are enough to outspeed virtually any threat after a Rock Polish. Modest + 252 Sp. Atk EVs lets him hit like a truck, even more so if he gets a Sp. Atk boost from Download. The rest are dumped into HP to make him a little bit bulkier.

Of course, all this is now irrelevant cause Smogon banned him. Poor bug. In Ubers he still makes an excellent (albeit extremely predictable) revengekiller.
    Last edited by Divine Retribution; 8th July 2013 at 10:32 PM.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

People, THE counter to Genesect is max speed jolly scarfed Palkia with Fire Blast. It outspeeds the scarfer at max speed, and OHKOs. (not sure when rain is up tho) When I see a Gene, I save my Palkia, switch it in, KO Gene. It's that simple.

Please, please, please, no Techno Blast!!! Genesect is much better with a Life Orb, an Expert Belt or (especially) a Choice Item. Techno Blast is cool for in-game but competitively it shows that you are a noob. Genesect excels at its attacking stats, its amazing U-turn, and its great coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by groudie View Post
    People, THE counter to Genesect is max speed jolly scarfed Palkia with Fire Blast. It outspeeds the scarfer at max speed, and OHKOs. (not sure when rain is up tho) When I see a Gene, I save my Palkia, switch it in, KO Gene. It's that simple.
    Genesect is very hard to counter because it tends to scout via U-turn. If you swithc in Palkia on U-turn, you will take some damage especially if ther are hazards or Download has given Genesect an Attack boost, and you will lose momentum.
    Last edited by Swoobat; 9th July 2013 at 1:21 PM.
    I am Spanish, so my English isn't very good.

Spoiler:- Completed Challenges:

3DS Friend Code: 2191-8109-9121. Friend Safari: Flying: Swanna / Spearow / Hawlucha. PM me so that I can add you!

To all of the responders who hated Lucario Fan in general, I interviewed him about the current problem of his constant first posting in about every Pokemon of the Week. As for the issue of coming in first in every post, my guess -along with his response- was that he/she has a different geographical time and location. Which means, when Serebii introduces a new POTW thread, it must be afternoon at his/her place when the rest of us are still asleep at night time in our real life locations. I told him/her though that he/she must be much more detailed.

Anyways, Back to...

Metal Genesect Solid 6

Metal Gear Ray, Poke style:
    Item: Choice Band
    Nature: Hasty (due to event, which sucks for us)
    EVs: 252 on both Attack and Speed
    Movesets:
    -Extreme Speed (You'e too slow!)
    -Explosion (BIG BADA BOOM!!!)
    -U-turn (False alarm!)
    -Iron Head (Shofu: B*tch!!!)

Anyways, since we will have an upcoming badass Sci-fi battle between Mewtwo and the Genesect Rangers (STAR TREK REFERENCES!!!!), this set will do the best it could to mimic on what it might do in the movie. Otherwise, on Pokemon showdown, minus Ash and the gang.

First and foremost. With Extreme Speed, screw you escaping when you're worn out cause you will be motherf*cking dead BEFORE YOU KNOW IT thanks to the +2 priority! Scary thought. Arceus still outrun you though.

When all else fails, commit Kamikazee like a Japanese soldier dying for his nation. OR ... Destroy the whole world like a Nuclear Bomb!

If you find an enemy ready to cook you quickly, you need to scout out the volcanic lands summoned by Groudon. U-turn becomes your friend. While you are not so fast unlike the choice scarf making Genesect "light weight", A band will guarantee you leaving a last minute boom burst.

Iron Head (not dead!) is recommended for best head on collisions against enemies dead ahead. Maybe play hax along like a Shaymin at her sky forme. (It's a terrible choice on flinching though. Jirachi and Skymin do better...)

The cons of this moveset:

In return, the bulky Project Giratina Alternation 666 A can Will o wisp you badly when locked to extremespeed. Groudon, Aka Earth lizard king, always walks on lava. Expect Inner core Fire for being an earthly pokemon that could just fracture its jet boosters and sandwich it on the mantle.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    To all of the responders who hated Lucario Fan in general, I interviewed him about the current problem of his constant first posting in about every Pokemon of the Week. As for the issue of coming in first in every post, my guess -along with his response- was that he/she has a different geographical time and location. Which means, when Serebii introduces a new POTW thread, it must be afternoon at his/her place when the rest of us are still asleep at night time in our real life locations. I told him/her though that he/she must be much more detailed.
    The first part is completely obvious. Not everyone lives in the same area, we knew about time zones being different and everything (of course he/she could just be lying). Regardless, Lucario Fan would have to be waiting patiently in the afternoon anyway, just to get first. Meaning it is their sole duty to get first. I doubt he/she comes to their computer when it is the evening where they live and just happens to luckily get first post.

The annoying part is the lack of detail and noobish sets. They are completely useless, and are just rage inducing. It also leads others who lack experience in Pokemon to believe that Lucario Fan's moveset is OK, and therefore might base their own sets off of them. For example he lead a train to believe that Techno Blast and Douse Drive are good combos in competitive play. And I'm not saying it's unacceptable and totally out of the question to be used, but I'm saying it is misleading. Also why not explain why use such a combo. Maybe a good argument could prove most wrong and tell us why Douse Drive and Techno Blast are good combos. And explain why use T-Bolt and X-Scissor, or why use such items or EVS or counters or something. A simple moveset is not enough.

Many have talked to Lucario Fan and his/her sole purpose of being alive just to get first post, but most have failed. I don't know how good your persuasive skills are, but I hope that you were enough to talk some sense in this poster. Otherwise they will continue to be just as annoying as usual.
    Last edited by 2406Blackbird; 9th July 2013 at 3:34 PM.

I need people for Friend Safari
    2DS friend code (Pokemon Y): 5000-2976-5362
    Send a private message my way if you add me.

Spoiler:- Previous In-Game Teams:

I say that you are all raging on a single person that must be an 8 to 10 YO boy/girl... What's so important about first post anyway... Let him/her post what he/she likes and then you guys come and correct the sets...

Back to the analysis... Genesect is a perfect example of how a swarm of bugs can destroy anything, except that this bug works solo! Genesect is terrifying and terrific. It has everything right for it so he can spread chaos.

-Stats: Genesect's stats are amazing... BST of 600 isn't the only thing that it proudly boasts... but, unlike the 100 across the board, genesect's stats are focused on a single aspect and that's attacking! With amazing attack, special attack and speed stats, genesect is one of the best mixed sweepers in the game. On the downside though, Genesect's defenses are thin and really weak by uber standards... Genesect is always 2HKO by extremespeed from a +2ATT Ekiller arceus knowing that the first attack will chip more than 70% of genesect's health. Even with low defenses, genesect continues to be an amazing pokemon due to it's speed allowing it to outspeed and KO lots of slower pokemon that are out to take down that bug!

-Typing: Bug/Steel is a very good typing defensively but genesect doesn't benefit greatly from it's typing resistances due to it's low defenses... A resisted hit can 2HKO if it was strong enough as stated before. The fire type megaweakness can be cut in half by using genesect in a rain team but even in this condition, a decently strong fire type move will still fry the poor bug anyways. Offensively... Both bug and Steel doesn't offer much coverage but both can be used to hit some key pokemon in ubers... Bug stab is particularly useful hitting the multitude of psychic type pokemon in uber notably latias, latios and mewtwo in addition of hitting darkrai hard too. The steel stab is only useful against kyurem but also offers good neutral coverage.

-Ability: Download... Are you kidding?? The best user of this ability hands down... Since it can effectively hit from both it's attacking stats, A boost from download will always be useful boosting further and further this pokemon ability to sweep! Mixed sweepers cannot come better than this.

-Movepool: Bug/stell don't have enough coverage for you? Well genesect is like a move shop where you can buy anything... With a movepool including but not limited to thunder, thuderbolt, ice beam, flamethrower, bug buzz, and giga drain, genesect has all the coverage it needs... With the presence of the always handy U-turn, disruption and confusion will reign on your opponent's strategy and team allowing genesect to escape from a potential counter. Iron head has an added chance to flinch and with genesect's speed it can flinch. The only real downside to it's movepool is techno blast... Being a signature move you would expect more from it but boy!! Even giratina's shadow force is more useful.

-Design: Oh yeah... Killer design worthy of a killer bug.

All in all, with a choice scarf, few things can outspeed it and with U-turn it will quickly disappears from the battle if a counter pops out. Most of the times, genesect will be the last pokemon your opponent will have if you defeated his team... Make sure to keep your counter safe until you safely kill this bug. Overall score: 17/20.

Why do you noobs care if Lucariofan posts first? I can guarantee you that Miror is better than each and every one of you and 99% of the posts in this thread will no affect the POTW at all, with the 1% possibly altering the puns of maybe some random other option.

If Lucariofan wants to post his sets, let him. It doesn't hurt anything except apparently you bunch of butthurt children.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Magmortar View Post
    I can guarantee you that Miror is better than each and every one of you and 99% of the posts in this thread will no affect the POTW at all, with the 1% possibly altering the puns of maybe some random other option..
    Gee, thanks, way to **** all over our party. :/

Also just remembered this set.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly - Download
    252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Def
    -U-Turn
    -Iron Head
    -Explosion
    -Shadow Claw / Zen Headbutt

Gimmicky but fun.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Gee, thanks, way to **** all over our party. :/
    Never give up! Strive to become the 1% that people actually listen to!

BlllllllllllllD

Edit: shitting at parties is kind of my thing. Long story.

Never give up! Strive to become the 1% that people actually listen to!

BlllllllllllllD

Edit: shitting at parties is kind of my thing. Long story.
    Cool story bro.

I wanna be the very best, like- *shot*

I'm looking through the moves that the new event gave Genesect... Immediately I see it gets Shift Gear. Hell yes mother****ahs. It also gets Blaze Kick to hit the Steels that usually wall its physical sets (Heatran still shits on him, for some stupid reason he gets neither Earthquake nor even Bulldoze. That's right, Ferrothorn has a better chance against Heatran than this thing.) Extremespeed is nice, but completely unnecessary after a few boosts. However, not all is well for the new and improved Genesect. For one, he's forced to run Hasty instead of Jolly. That leaves him that much weaker to priority users. Although it's nice that he's guaranteed to get 31 IVs in Speed and Attack, the rest are tossups. And, he's forced to be Shiny. But, those minor flaws aside, I see huge potential for a physical attacker set.

Genesect @ Leftovers
    Hasty - Download
    72 Speed, 252 Attack, 184 HP
    -Shift Gear
    -Blaze Kick
    -Iron Head
    -X-Scissor / Shadow Claw

Pretty simple, set up some Shift Gears, then beat the **** out of ****. Blaze Kick lets you hammer Steel types that wall your STAB, while the last slot is a toss-up. X-Scissor is a secondary STAB that at least deals some damage to bulky Water types. Shadow Claw gives you a shot to muscle past Giratina and Arceus-Ghost.

Overall, I think this set would have been way more effective if he got it when he was in OU, but still has some potential in Ubers given the right support.

~Richard Dawkins

Why do you noobs care if Lucariofan posts first? I can guarantee you that Miror is better than each and every one of you and 99% of the posts in this thread will no affect the POTW at all, with the 1% possibly altering the puns of maybe some random other option.

If Lucariofan wants to post his sets, let him. It doesn't hurt anything except apparently you bunch of butthurt children.
    He totally listens to my sets though :P

Genesect @ Expert Belt
    Hasty / Naive - Download
    4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - U-turn
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder
    - Flamethrower / Hidden Power Fighting

The typical specialkiller set. Ice Beam, Thunder, Flamethrower and HP Fighting used for coverage against the various types of ubers. U-turn is used for scouting.
    hehe

People need to stop suggesting Douse Drive. Life Orb boosted Hidden Power (Water) is literally stronger. So stop.

~Richard Dawkins

Just as a what-if, imagine if Genesect had all its newer toys back when it was still in OU.

Genesect @ Life Orb
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd (there's probably a better spread, but I'm to lazy to think one up right now)
    Adamant Nature
    -Shift Gear
    -Iron Head / X-Scissor
    -Blaze Kick
    -Return / Shadow Claw / EXPLOSION!!!!!

If Genesect is able to get an Atk Download boost, it'll get up to +2 Atk / +2 Spe after a Shift Gear. Once that has happened, Genesect can proceed to destroy pretty much everything it touches. Well, everything besides Heatran, but that has pretty much always been a problem for Genesect, which is why Dugtrio became such a great partner during its reign in OU. The choice of STAB here is probably pretty optional, since I found using Honko's damage calculator that the Iron Head + Blaze Kick and X-Scissor + Blast Kick combos had pretty similar neutral coverage in OU. The main difference is that Iron Head hits Pokemon like Landorus-T and Dragonite harder, while X-Scissor covers a lot of Water-types and such, but I'd give the nod to Iron Head for the flinch chance. Return offers a lot of coverage alongside Iron Head, hitting all those pesky Water-types that the Steel/Fire coverage misses out on. Even in the case of X-Scissor, Return hits Landorus-T, Gyarados, and Dragonite harder than the other moves. Shadow Claw gets some of the same neutral coverage while hitting Jellicent super effectively, as well as a few less common Pokemon that might give some variants trouble, such as Chandelure and Slowking. It's significantly weaker than Return, but it's still powerful enough to get plenty of 2HKOs. Explosion is...Explosion. Even Pokemon that resist the move can be OHKO'd, such as Heatran, and so it's pretty much a guaranteed kill against anything that isn't resistant or immune to it.

I'm not sure how a set like this would work in Ubers since I'm not a big Ubers player, but it makes for an interesting OU theorymon.

rofl

genesect@focus sash
    naďve
    4 attack/252 sp attack/ 252 speed
    -u turn
    -ice beam
    -flamethrower
    -giga drain/thunderbolt

This set functions similar to the expert belt set but would worked better as a lead to beat other genesects/scarfed jirachis and scout in general. All moves are standard for genesect for reasons everyones said so I`m not really going to go into detail on every move/ev spread

Genesect @ Focus Sash
    Hasty Nature

192 Atk 192 SpAtk 116 Spe
    -Shift Gear
    -X Scissor
    -Thunder
    -Ice Beam

A good mixed set. With a Focus Sash, Genesect can take a hit and proceed to set up Shift Gear, annihilating everything. Unfortunately, this is weak to priority, meaning a Wish Passer would be a huge boon.
    FC: 4385 2543 6468

1077 0201 5787 is the other one.

Physical
    Item: Life Orb
    Adamant w/ 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Defense/Sp Defense
    X-Scissor
    Metal Claw/Iron Head
    Shadow Claw/Aerial Ace
    Zen Headbutt/Blaze Kick

Special
    Adamant w/ 252 Sp Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Defense/Sp Defense
    Signal Beam
    Flash Cannon
    Dark Pulse
    Thunderbolt/Psychic/Energy Ball

Other
    Hasty/Naive w/ 168 Attack, 174 Speed, 168 Sp Attack
    X-Scissor
    Iron Head
    Thunderbolt
    Blaze Kick

Countering (Since it's a uber, I figure anything goes.)
    A defensive pokemon with fire-type moves like Infernape, Chandelure, or Dusknoir.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 14th July 2013 at 9:02 AM. Reason: recent reply
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Quote Originally Posted by sbktdreed View Post
    Physical
    X-Scissor
    Metal Claw/Iron Head
    Shadow Claw/Aerial Ace
    Zen Headbutt/Blaze Kick

Special
    Item: Douse Drive/Burn Drive
    Signal Beam
    Flash Cannon
    Dark Pulse/Techno Blast
    Techno Blast/Thunderbolt/Psychic/Energy Ball

Other
    Item: Douse Drive
    Hasty/Naive w/ 168 Attack, 174 Speed, 168 Sp Attack
    X-Scissor
    Iron Head
    Techno Blast
    Blaze Kick

Countering (Since it's a uber, I figure anything goes.)
    A defensive pokemon with fire-type moves like Infernape, Dragonite, Garchomp, Chandelure, or Dusknoir.
    You must be late to the party. Because it's been said over and over and over and over about how Techno Blast is worthless. Low PP, the drive does effectively nothing, you lose out on better items such as Life Orb or Choice Scarf, and all variants of the move are outdamaged by HP Water (w/ Life Orb damage factored in), Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam.

Plus, Garchomp and Dragonite are handily dispatched by an ice beam, especially from Scarf Variants. They don't even come close to being counters.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

"Fireee teh Lazors"
    Genesect
    Timid
    Download
    Choice Specs
    4 HP/ 252 Special Attack/252 Speed
    Bug Buzz/Thunder/Ice Beam/Flamethrower

This is a differnt take on Genesect working off of its good special attack ( Base 120) and solid speed( Base 99). Genesect has a really great special attack movepool with Bolt Beam Coverage along with Flamethrower and Bug Buzz which is a good STAB move in the ubers metagame. This set works well in the Rain as well as in the sun, Ice beam does massive damage to Groudon, while Thunder will deal major damage to enemy Kyrogue. Flamethrower is there for the steel pokes common in the tier and Bug Buzz hits stuff like Mewtwo hard especially after a download boost.
    72 TP 28 KO (TL2)

Genesect
    Over 300 million years ago, it was feared as the strongest of hunters. It has been modified by Team Plasma.

Genesect @ Leftovers / Life Orb
    Naive - Download
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Hone Claws
    - Thunder
    - X-Scissor
    - Blizzard
    Last edited by Pokemon1998Ash; 14th July 2013 at 6:41 AM.

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12