Thread: Community POTW #132

Threaded View

Hahaha, yes! Finally something I can work with!

Here's my old 'Sect set I used to use in OU before whiny little kids from Smogon banned it for being broken, despite being virtually hard-countered by practically any Fire-type in the game that isn't weak to Thunderbolt.

Genesect @ Life Orb
    Modest - Download
    172 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 84 HP
    -Rock Polish
    -Thunderbolt / Giga Drain
    -Ice Beam
    -Hidden Power (Ground)

Basically shits on ****. Set up a Rock Polish as your opponent switches out to preserve their precious Psychic-typed sweeper, then decimate ****. This set sacrifices STAB for brutal coverage, including being able to OHKO the infamous Heatran, who usually gets in against other Genesect for free. Thunderbolt VS Giga Drain is really superior coverage VS healing ability. I go with Thunderbolt, because he's basically a late-game cleanup sweeper. Ice Beam is just coverage. Get this thing out against a Skarmory and get +1 Sp. Atk and +2 Speed, and your opponent pretty much loses if he doesn't have one of the few things that can claim to counter this set. And even then, those things (I.E. Volcarona) tend to be easy to wear down. 172 EVs in Speed (168 if you're not using Hidden Power) are enough to outspeed virtually any threat after a Rock Polish. Modest + 252 Sp. Atk EVs lets him hit like a truck, even more so if he gets a Sp. Atk boost from Download. The rest are dumped into HP to make him a little bit bulkier.

Of course, all this is now irrelevant cause Smogon banned him. Poor bug. In Ubers he still makes an excellent (albeit extremely predictable) revengekiller.
    Last edited by Divine Retribution; 8th July 2013 at 11:32 PM.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/