Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Korra: Book 4 - Balance - Starts October 3

So the Book One Blu-Ray is out, and the creators are really trying to justify Mako. Mako and Asami apparently broke up, but in a very subtle manner. So everything's okay! Nah, I still don't like KorraxMako.

And yeah, Mako's a cop. Lin probably gave him a nice deal even though he doesn't metalbend.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Mako was... okay and dislike for him isn't wrong but some of the hate I find overt. More than Korra.

I guess I don't hang out on Legend of Korra places often. I had no idea Mako was hated XD
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I guess I don't hang out on Legend of Korra places often. I had no idea Mako was hated XD
    I really like the MakoxKorra relationship...but a lot of people don't. Not sure if they outweight the people who do, probably not, but its still a good number of people I see. Maybe it's because they complain the most, I don't know.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Assholes are like opinions. Everyone has one and they stink.

Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Neither did I. I knew some people didn't like him (me being one of them), but I think hate is a strong word. The writers didn't do much to make him likable though. I mean he suddenly broke up with Asami and went to Korra and it just seemed really messed up. The entire relationship between Korra and Mako seemed forced, which is why I didn't care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    The entire relationship between Korra and Mako seemed forced, which is why I didn't care for it.
    Well, lucky for Book 2 to perhaps shed more light on the pairing.

Mako broke up with an immensely better character for another character who broke the heart of a likable character. That's the gist of that relationship.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Okay, Mako's not a very lovable guy. But from my perspective and given what we know of him, I can kinda get how he is like this. Losing his parents at a young age, being promoted to parent in order to look after his brother like his folks would've, living on the streets like rats, never having a steady job, etc. He can be a jerk but with this is mind, I don't feel like holding that against him entirely.

But, of course, I don't expect everyone to instantly love him (like I could be that persuasive). I'm just saying what I have to say.

SDCC 2013 Poster. The art style looks slightly different.

shpper where are u mako kiss korra again
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/nathan/Downloads/dedenne.png[/IMG] iris : such a egg badges : Hana Badge.
    I keep my friend in my heart as close as gold when my soul truns silver and my memories are alway black and white i love everone xtraspecial my road was platuim and sappirie and voloconos were fire red grass leafgreen

The first episode of Book 2 will be aired at SDCC tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    The first episode of Book 2 will be aired at SDCC tomorrow!

Can't wait! Super excited, though, why is Mako a cop (NOT, an earth bender!) and why in hell did both of them leave the Fire Ferrets! That was like the coolest thing!

^

OMG OMG WOAAAAAH

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    why is Mako a cop (NOT, an earth bender!)
    Well, one has to make a living somehow and I'm sure a fire bender can be a good cop.

The Legend of Korra Book 2: Spirits Will Release in September 2013

Book 2 Trailer:

News from The Legend of Korra Book 2: Spirits panel at ComicCon is currently flowing out. So far, this is the news we have:

• A trailer was shown, showing the following things:
    • Beautiful new music
    • Asami crying
    • Mako and Korra on a plane
    • Kaya and Tenzin falling down a waterfall
    • Korra and Jinora entering the Spirit World!!!
    • Shots of the First Avatar, Wan, within the spirit world in flashbacks
    • Korra speaking with Avatar Kyoshi
    • Wan Shi Tong (the owl spirit) returns, along with his Library!
    • Bolin kicking butt
    • Wan (first Avatar) struck with a beam of light and entering the Avatar State
    • Korra touching some kind of force field, triggering her Avatar State
    • Book 2: Spirits will release in September 2013!

First episode of Book 2:
    • Korra seems to have mastered Airbending at this point
    • Bumi has retired from the United Forces, and acts very much like the original King Bumi
    • A road trip to the Air Temples is mentioned (WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!)
    • The Festival is named the Glacial Spirits Festival
    • Bolin initially thinks Desna and Eska are both girls and likes them, until Korra informs him that Desna is a boy
    • Bolin and Asami go to meet Verrick
    • Verrick and Asami have a staredown which prompts the agreement; Asami and Bolin hug
    • Unalaq makes speech about the growing rift between the northern and southern tribe
    • Bolin approaches the twins at the festival, twins are not impressed
    • Eska tells Bolin: "You amuse me. I will make you mine."
    • A Spirit attacks at night, after Korra had argued with Mako over something
    • Mako and Bolin try to help, are knocked out early
    • Tonraq attempts to freeze the spirit with Waterbending (WATERBENDING MALES YES) but he and Tenzin are knocked out too
    • Unlaq uses a technique similar to bending to calm the Spirit, it turns golden and drifts away (?!??!!!?????!?!?!??!?!)
    • Korra, angry at being locked up at the OWL compound her whole life demands to train under Unalaq
    • Korra cuts ties with Tenzin as teacher (NOOOOOO)
    • Kaya, Bumi, and Tenzin + family visit the air temples (Prepare for feels oh god)
    • Korra and Mako hold hands
    • Unalaq approaches stating he has great plans for Korra
    Last edited by Trainmaster718; 19th July 2013 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainmaster718 View Post
    [*]Wan Shi Tong (the owl spirit) returns!!!
    I wonder what happened to that archeologist who stayed in the library.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I wonder what happened to that archeologist who stayed in the library.
    He died of massive knowledge gain + sand.

I never knew about this... I don't even remember the last season/book! Ok, I do but still you get the point. :P

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it I guess! It isn't as great as A:TLA or anything but I still like it. I was wondering what they were going to call the the next book too, since all of the main elements are used. So could there be such a thing as spiritbending now?

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

The preview was kind of hard to follow, but I liked some of the scenes that we shown. It seems like every character will get a role in this new season, which is good. I'm glad that giant owl spirit returns and seeing the first ever Avatar will be very interesting.

Thanks for the info post, trainmaster! The first episode sounds packed and interesting. I'm sure there are some bad quality leaks on the internet, but I want to wait.

I can't wait. I never got to watch Korra so hopefully nick airs a marathon so I can catch up

I cant wait to wan shi tong again, that is a very interesting character, and the library is back :0

They also announced a subtype of airbending will be revealed this season. I'm happy it finally gets a little more interesting.

I hope Bolin becomes a metalbender, I think it'd make him so much cooler. Not that he needs to be. Although, I will admit, he felt kinda like Sokka before the space sword to me, like the others are kinda carrying him. I felt like he rarely got to shine in a fight.
    Everyone's wishing for the next fire starter to not be Fire-Fighting, and I'm just sitting here hoping for an Electric-Dark type. Or an awesome Steel type.

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast