Thread: Absol or Alakazam

Default Absol or Alakazam

I play soul silver, I have 14 gym badges now and just recently I caught an Absol. I really like Absol as a pokemon and its got some pretty good stats. I have an Alakazam and was wondering whether it was worth swapping Alakazam for Absol. My only other choice was Heracross but he works as a good buffer. Has anybody trained both that can help in my decision?

I found Absol to be useful for getting rid of Psychic/Ghost types; they think they can can kill him with Focus Blast but priority Sucker Punch KO's them. Other than that, aside from his Attack he doesn't have good stats, and is very squishy. So stick with Alakazam

Well I have lugia as well for a psychic type who can stand against moves for a while linger where as Alakazam,even on level 56, got KOd with just about any move gym leaders or trainers. I should have mentioned that earlier but that's why I was considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digseed View Post
    Well I have lugia as well for a psychic type who can stand against moves for a while linger where as Alakazam,even on level 56, got KOd with just about any move gym leaders or trainers. I should have mentioned that earlier but that's why I was considering it.
    Lugia beats Alakazam by a landslide; didn't think you'd take legendaries haha. Lugia walls to no end, with Roost and Reflect while you can spam Recover/Psychic after a turn of Toxic.

I dont often use legendaries, I just like to catch them sometimes because of the hunt, difficulty, and the pokedex. But lugia is one of my favourite pokemon so I use it. ATM, it doesn't have roost or psychic but I have the tm for roost. How can I get psychic for it though? I'm pretty sure it doesn't learn it by leveling.

Okay, you really need to post your WHOLE team for us to be able to rate it. This a "Rate My Team" thread, not a "Which Pokemon Should I Use?" thread. Posting the rest of you team would help us figure out which Pokemon fits better in into your team.
    Last edited by Macroboom; 9th July 2013 at 2:36 PM.
    Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Team

Fare enough. There weren't any threads I could find that helped me. That's why I used this.

Absol lvl38

Slash
    Double team
    Dark pulse
    Bite

Lapras lvl53

Ice beam
    Ice share
    Water pulse
    Surf

Lugia lvl54

Estrasensory
    Waterfall
    Hydro pump
    Fly

Typhlosion lvl53

Lava plume
    Fire blast
    Flamethrower
    Cut

Aerodactyl lvl20 (not sure about this one)

Bite
    Scary face
    Roar
    Agility

Heracross lvl53

Aries ace
    Rock slide
    Brick break
    Close combat

I also have a dratini I'm not sure whether to use. I swapped ampharos with the intention on using lugia for thunderbolt once I have access to cerulean cave.

It's okay now that you posted the whole team, but put them on the first post, not on the middle of the thread

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Absol
    ability: super luck
    @focus sash
    -swords dance
    -sucker punch
    -super power
    -night slash
    EV's: 252 speed/ 252 atk/ sp atk 4

use sword dance first and you ABSOL-utly will live cause of focus sash, then use sucker punch to smite foes, if the enemy is a dark use super power, and if they aretrying to waste your sucker punch then use night slash. Hope it helps!

Thankz to Astral Shadow for the team pose, and Myself for the banner!

Sorry, I'm not gonna be able to give a very thourough rate right now.

Lapras needs Thunderbolt over Water Pulse.

Put Thunder Punch over one of Typlosion's Fire moves, that instead of either Lava Plume or Fire Blast.

Aerodactyl needs Rock Slide and Fly.

@Apocolypse Lucario: why would he want to invest EV's into Sp.Atk?

@ Shine: I think it's funny you tack a at the end of every post/closing so you don't seem mean.
    Last edited by Macroboom; 10th July 2013 at 6:25 AM.
    Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Team

Use Alakazam. He has a great base 135 Special Attack and access to really good moves like Focus Blast, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball etc. His 120 speed also helps it, so it's not forced to rely on a priority move that depends on how well can you predict. Especially since many trainers in-game spam moves like Growl and Sweet Scent.