Thread: Pokemon on Wii U

Default Pokemon on Wii U

I just want to get the band wagon rolling on this topic and hear everyone's voices if they want a game on Wii U. As we all know, the 5th generation skipped out on making a console battle sim (aka Stadium/Battle Rev. Game) and we didn't see a Pokemon Colosseum/XD game either. In my opinion it be rather cool to see Pokemon on the tv screen using unreal 3, but that is just my opinion. I wouldn't mind a Pokepark game either, but what are everyone else's thoughts.
    Let's Rock and Roll!

FireRed/White2 Team:
    HeartGold Team:
    Black and White Team: <--Very unnatural team lol
    Platinum Team:
    Favorite Pokemon:
    -Favorite Types: Electric, Fire, and Flying-

I would want to have a ranger game on Wii U. The Gamepad would serve the purpose well.

The thing is, Pokemon doesn't benefit too much from being on the Wii U as opposed to the 3DS; now that we have a handheld capable of pretty good-looking 3D graphics, there isn't a lot to be said in favor of a console-based battling game. It's a turn-based JRPG, with a top-down overworld perspective - how much can the Wii U add to that, even with the GamePad and such?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    The thing is, Pokemon doesn't benefit too much from being on the Wii U as opposed to the 3DS; now that we have a handheld capable of pretty good-looking 3D graphics, there isn't a lot to be said in favor of a console-based battling game. It's a turn-based JRPG, with a top-down overworld perspective - how much can the Wii U add to that, even with the GamePad and such?
    Most of the Wii U controls are sorta fidly anyway. I tried testing a Wii U. pressed every button their was and the only thing it did was scroll a map without even going onto a level.
    Pokemon is usually made for the DS or 3DS and the Gameboy before the DS was made.
    Maybe a pokemon game goes on the wii which works out but for a Wii U.... that's a different story...

I won't lie. I'd love to see Emerald remade in pure HD for Wii U. I know it won't happen since they don't want main games on the consoles but what I don't get is why a remake on a console would be so bad. I can understand current games not being on why like XY but Hoenn n full on HD would look really nice.

Good question, no one seems to know exactly what the Gamepad can do because there aren't many games on the Wii U that really utilize it. I think Miiverse integration could be a good reason to put Pokemon on the Wii U
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

What about discussing about it in here instead?

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^