Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pokemon: The New Gen Chronicles (RP)[PG-15]

Nanna Xayalith
    Oldale Town

Before Devin could respond to her inquiry, the waiter approached them and interrupted their conversation. “Sorry to break into your conversation, but hurry up and order. The longer you guys stay, the worse my shift becomes, you got that?” he barked at them as he slammed a pair of menus onto the table. Nanna was shocked by the treatment they were receiving, but as she was raised to be polite she didn’t want to say anything about it.

Devin, however, made his opinion known. “You're a sh*tty waitor. Why are you even here? Fetch me a Swirlix-Shake and go away.” His response was extremely unexpected, as he seemed pretty nice, if a bit weird, this far. It seemed more interaction with people was changing him for the worse. Probably the influence of Thea and Sigur. He seems like he hadn’t had much contact with other people. To meet two who behave like that right away must have made him believe this was normal. “And your apron looks ridiculous.” Devin added to annoy the waiter even further, before focusing on Nanna once again and started answering her question.

“Mossdeep, huh? Well, I never saw much of the city, as mother didn't let me out of the house until recently on my way to Littleroot. But the glimpse I caught on the way to the dock was very pretty. It's a soothing place with a lot of beaches.” He said completely seriously. Wow, he’s lived there for years, but knows nothing about it. No wonder he’s so socially awkward, he spent his whole life pretty much alone. I must teach him how to behave in public. But his story didn’t end there. “Mother teached me how to dig my own grave in case I would die alone.” He added in a voice that made it impossible to figure out whether this was supposed to be a joke. Even if it was, Nanna didn’t like that sort of humour, so she decided it was best not to ask at all.

At that moment, Alex also entered the cafe and noticed his friends sitting at one of the tables. “Hey what’s up Nanna, Devin. Sorry I ran off, I had a few errands to do.” He said to them. Alex exchanged looks with the waiter as he took out a notebook. “A Medium Swirlex Shake it is.” The waiter said, luckily not reacting to Devin’s comments.

“I’ll take one too.” Alex said. The waiter took note of that and began turning away. “So…you guys having fun? Anything happen?” Alex said, striking up a conversation.

Before Nanna could answer the question, she tapped the waiter’s shoulder to get his attention. “I’d like a vegie burger and some iced tea, please.” After that, she turned to Alex. “I guess, you could say we’re enjoying ourselves.” Nanna briefly looked at Devin to check, if he agreed. “We didn’t do much, though. We just talked a bit and came here to get something to eat.”
    Do you like watching Pokemon battles in the anime? Do you wish to battle in similar way? Then check out the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League and join the fun.

My PASBL Stats

Oldale Town
    The Blissful Cafe
    Alex, Damien, Devin and Nanna

“I’d like a veggie burger and some iced tea, please.” Damien felt a tap on his shoulder as he was turning away. Oh great…another order. At least she’s not being a jerk about it. Damien thought writing another order on the ticket, while simultaneously looking at Nanna. He turned back around to tend to his duties as waiter and leave the group be. “I guess, you could say we’re enjoying ourselves.” Nanna returned to the table to get the conversation going. “We didn’t do much, though. We just talked a bit and came here to get something to eat.” Alex just nodded and smiled. They didn’t seem like such losers now that they were talking a little bit, but Devin was something else. He just looked flat out creepy to Alex, and would honestly feel embarrassed being seen in public with a guy like him. His whole hair, dress code, the way he acted didn't sit still with him. However, for the time being, he would have to endure it.

“That’s good.” Alex paused, looking at Devin suspiciously. He took out his PokeNav to see the map. “Anyways, I was checking out the map earlier, and it says here that there’s a town called Verness coming up.” Alex looked at the two. “I’m not sure if I’m right about it, but I think I saw an ad the other day saying that there’s a Pokemon Contest there, so I think we should check it out. What do you guys think? Or should we just go straight to Petalburg?” Alex looked at the map and noticed Petalburg City was still quite a good ways away from where they were. Alex initially thought it would be closer, but it would easily take them a few days to get there, including the trip to Verness, which was no simple stroll. He held the PokeNav out in the table for them to see.

~

“So, how’d it go Damien?” The young woman who hired Damien asked, while standing in front of a cash register checking off notes on a list. Damien didn’t speak, but instead just handed her two slips of paper with two orders of Swirlex Shakes and the burger and iced tea. He stood there for a few moments, just thinking. As soon as I get the chance I’m going to beat that guy so hard his parents won’t even be able to recognize him. “Damien? You there?” The woman asked, giggling a bit. Damien snapped out of his train of thought and looked at her.

“Yeah. I’m here. Tell me when you get those orders done.” Damien emotionlessly said, as he walked into the employee washroom near the kitchen, leaving his employer to herself. He went into the sink and washed his face with cold water to wake him up. C’mon…I can’t let betas like those guys get to me…Kyle and Red-head…those guys are chumps. That new guy that sat with them looks like he may put up a good fight…but he doesn’t look like he’s gonna get in the way of anything. As he gave his face one final rinsing, he just stood there, leaning over the sink staring into the mirror. I guess I could challenge one of them to a battle…but sadly, I don’t think I can unless I’m on a break, which doesn’t look like will be happening soon. He looked up at the ceiling. Usually nobody talks back to Damien, so he was getting more riled up than usual.

He finally got out of the washroom, and hung out near the back, waiting if anybody needed something, or until the first table's food was ready.

((OOC: Monty and Elisa can just call Damien over to order if they want.))
    My Pokemon VGC Stats:
    VGC 2010 Regionals Seattle - Lost 3rd Round
    VGC 2011 Regionals Seattle - Lost 3rd Round
    VGC 2012/2013 Regionals Vancouver- Was eliminated
    VGC 2013 World Championship - Vancouver - Entered in LCQ; Was Eliminated

Devin Ashton
    Blissful Cafč of Cannibalism

Right after Devin delivered his idiotproof answer to Nanna's question, Alex entered the Cafč, spotted them and walked over to them. “Hey what’s up Nanna, Devin. Sorry I ran off, I had a few errands to do.” he said, sitting down with them. “A Medium Swirlex Shake it is.” the rude waiter said, writing down Devins order in his notebook. “I’ll take one too.” Alex said to the waitor, who wrote down Alex' order as well. it appeared the waiter wasn't as annoying and irritating as before. Excellent. Now everyone will have a pleasent lunch.

“So…you guys having fun? Anything happen?” Alex then asked. Nanna had turned her attention at the waiter, and gave him an order. This left Devin to answer Alex question. "Well, we've only been talking, actually.." he still didn't feel very awkward despite the arrival of Alex. “I guess, you could say we’re enjoying ourselves.” Nanna said as she pointed her attention back to the others. She looked over at Devin, and he nodded. “We didn’t do much, though. We just talked a bit and came here to get something to eat.” “That’s good.” Alex said, and looked at Devin in a suspicious way that made him feel uncomfortable again. “Anyways, I was checking out the map earlier, and it says here that there’s a town called Verness coming up.” Alex then said, looking at his Pokčnav. at Devin suspiciously. He took out his PokeNav to see the map. “Anyways, I was checking out the map earlier, and it says here that there’s a town called Verness coming up.” Alex looked at the two. “I’m not sure if I’m right about it, but I think I saw an ad the other day saying that there’s a Pokemon Contest there, so I think we should check it out. What do you guys think? Or should we just go straight to Petalburg?” he then said, looking at Devin and Nanna, holding his Pokčnav for them to see.

"Well..." Devin started, but stopped at the sound of his voice, which sounded like a child getting beaten up by his dad. His social anxiety appeared to have returned. He took a deep breath before continuing. "I would like to go straight to Petalburg City, as there are some manners I would like to take care of. He also just wanted to leave the cafč right away in case that grumpy waitor came back with sme sort of ominous plan, as Devin just realized that his honesty might not have been the best decicion.

Monty LeBlanc
    The Blissful Cafe, Oldale Town

Monty sat at the table that Damien demanded he sit at. He didn't care too much for Damien's attitude, but he had grown accustomed to Damien's prickly demeanor and knew to take his words with a grain of salt. He picked up the menu and began to look through it with mild interest. There wasn't much that appealed to him. When Monty was younger, his mother had a hard time getting him to eat anything. His picky eating has stayed with him throughout the years. Monty let out a sigh as he settled on something. He was just about to order when a familiar voice called over to him.

Soon enough, Elisa was within his sight. She asked about Kyle and Damien's location, assuming they ditched them. Monty was about to answer her question, but Damien did it instead, rather forcefully. Yeesh! Well, she put her foot in her mouth that time. Damien then mentioned that Kyle left him here to pay for the bill. That explains why Kyle was looking so suspicious. Karma seems to be in full effect today. Monty looked back through the menu to remember what he wanted to order while Damien assisted the other customers. His rudeness continued. Damien rushed off to the restroom. His face looked like it would explode at any moment. It's comforting to know that he treats everyone equally. Monty saw Damien emerge from the restroom, so he motioned over to him to let him know that he was ready to order.

"I'll have a lemonade with a caesar salad, sir." Monty said to Damien as politely as he could. In the back of his mind, Monty wondered what it would be like to wait tables. It would definitely be a new experience. He was certain that he would be great at it.

Emma Riker
    Oldale Town

"Hehehe, aw Pinkie Pie! I'm more of a Fluttershy fan myself!" Tim giggled. As soon as he said this, however, his cheeks turned bright red. He grabbed an open menu and hid his face behind it.

Emma was shocked. He... he recognized the reference... and... Emma covered her mouth and squealed. Emma looked around cautiously. She leaned over the table and pulled the menu down from Tim's face. "You... you recognize that reference?" she whispered, not wanting anyone to hear. "That's so cool!" Emma pulled back and smiled at Tim. She pulled up her menu and looked over it. Holy... I never knew there were so many burgers! I think I'll just have a hamburger though... Quietly, she took a notepad and a pencil from her bag, and wrote, in her all caps handwriting:

Pinkie and Fluttershy? Cool. I like Pinkie too, but Rainbow is definitely my favorite.

She then folded up the paper, and threw it on his lap under the table.

The waiter from earlier came over to them and smiled. "Welcome to the Tauros Rest. May I get you some drinks to start with?"

Emma smiled. "I'll just have some water."

The waiter looked over at Tim. "What about you, sir?"

Tim Wolfe
    Oldale Town/Tauros Rest

Emma pulled down Tim's menu. "You... you recognize that reference?" she whispered, not wanting anyone to hear. "That's so cool!" She said with a smile, before pulling up her own menu.

Tim was pleasantly surprised. Very rarely did someone think a guy liking a TV show for little girls was cool. Usually words like "sissy" and "stupid" were used. He had to admit it was refreshing change to not get laughed at for once.

He felt a piece of paper land on his lap suddenly. He didn't get a chance to look at it right away, because the waiter from earlier came over to them. "Welcome to the Tauros Rest. May I get you some drinks to start with?" Emma ordered a glass of water before The waiter looked over at Tim and asked him what he wanted.

"Oh, um... can I get a glass of milk please?"

The waiter smiled, "Certainly. I'll be back in a bit with them.

Now that the waiter was gone, Tim checked what that piece of paper that had landed on his lap was about. He opened it up, and saw a message written in all capital letters.

PINKIE AND FLUTTERSHY? COOL. I LIKE PINKIE TOO, BUT RAINBOW IS DEFINITELY MY FAVORITE.

Tim pulled out a Pokeball styled notepad, and a pencil of his own. In his best handwriting, he wrote.

Fluttershy is my favorite. Let's just say I can relate to her the best.

He folded up the paper, and quietly slid it over to Emma's side of the table while whistling a familiar tune.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 27th August 2013 at 1:43 AM.

Nanna Xayalith
    Oldale Town

“That’s good.” Alex answered while looking at Devin in a strange way. He then took out the group’s PokeNav. “Anyways, I was checking out the map earlier, and it says here that there’s a town called Verness coming up.” Alex looked at Nanna and Devin. “I’m not sure if I’m right about it, but I think I saw an ad the other day saying that there’s a Pokemon Contest there, so I think we should check it out. What do you guys think? Or should we just go straight to Petalburg?” He held out the PokeNav so Nanna and Devin could also get a look of the map.

“Well...” Devin began, but immediately paused for some reason. “I would like to go straight to Petalburg City, as there are some manners I would like to take care of.” It was obvious that he wouldn’t reveal anything more about his plans and stuff he wanted to do. He seemed nervous again, but Nanna wasn’t sure whether it was simply the fact he had to talk again or something else.

Nanna took the PokeNav from Alex and closely inspected it. She had never held one of those in her hands so she was curious about its weight, shape, how it fits into her palm and what various buttons do. A few random pushes of buttons later, the map disappeared from the screen and was replaced with a picture of a pokeball. “Oops! Sorry about that.” She returned the gadget to Alex, hoping he would be able to undo her actions. “Anyway, I’d really like to go to Verness first. I’d like to take part in that contest and I’m sure I’m not the only one in our group with such wish.” Nanna told Alex enthusiastically. As her stomach rumbled, she felt slightly embarrassed and looked in the direction of the kitchen to see if the waiter was coming.
    Do you like watching Pokemon battles in the anime? Do you wish to battle in similar way? Then check out the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League and join the fun.

My PASBL Stats

Oldale Town
    Alex, Devin & Nanna

“Well...” Devin was the first among them to give their opinion. “I would like to go straight to Petalburg City, as there are some manners I would like to take care of.” Alex arched his eyebrow. Uhhh, okay. Obviously he doesn't want to tell us something...but to be fair, he probably just wants to get away from the group like me. But we can't exactly skip this contest. It's the first one of the journey, so it makes sense we at least attempt it or something. Nanna proceeded to take the PokeNav from Alex and looked at the map. Alex didn't mind of course, in fact he held it front of them for them to take it and check the area out anyways. After hearing a few beeps from the PokeNav, Nanna gave the PokeNav back to Alex.

"Oops! Sorry about that.” Alex looked at the PokeNav which just displayed a picture of a Pokeball. He didn't say anything, but instead tried to reboot the system while Nanna talked. “Anyway, I’d really like to go to Verness first. I’d like to take part in that contest and I’m sure I’m not the only one in our group with such wish.” She spoke cheerfully to Alex. There...got it. Alex wasn't quite paying attention to Nanna as she spoke, trying to reboot the PokeNav.

"Yeah, sure, that sounds good." Alex gave a rather generic reply, bringing his attention back to Nanna, trying to play off his previous inattentiveness. "I'll probably enter too. I think I can probably win." He said casually. He knew he would probably come off as cocky, but he couldn't help it. In fact, he was that confident he would do quite well in the contest. Their conversation was briefly interrupted by a waitress, who brought over Alex and Devin's Swirlix Shakes, along with Nanna's veggie burger and iced tea. Alex peeked over to the other table and saw that their previous waiter was busy with other people.

"Sorry it took so long, we're kind of understaffed right now." The waitress said, placing their food on the table, before nodding and leaving the group to themselves. Alex took a sip of his drink.

"If we end up battling each other in the second rounds, don't think I'll go easy on you just 'cus we're teammates." He chuckled a bit, looking at both Nanna and Devin. He wasn't sure if Devin wanted to enter as well seeing as he wanted to head straight to Petalburg but he didn't want to exclude him out of his cocky statement. He took another sip of his drink, smiling a bit. I think I'll probably head back to the Pokemon Centre to take a nap or something...or watch TV.
    Last edited by AJ2000; 29th August 2013 at 3:47 AM.
    My Pokemon VGC Stats:
    VGC 2010 Regionals Seattle - Lost 3rd Round
    VGC 2011 Regionals Seattle - Lost 3rd Round
    VGC 2012/2013 Regionals Vancouver- Was eliminated
    VGC 2013 World Championship - Vancouver - Entered in LCQ; Was Eliminated

Emma Riker
    Tauros Rest (Oldale Town)

"Oh, um... can I get a glass of milk please?" Tim said to the waiter.

The waiter smiled, "Certainly. I'll be back in a bit with them."

As the waiter walked away, Tim opened up the note, then pulled out a Pokeball styled notepad, and a pencil of his own, then wrote something down. He folded up the paper, and quietly slid it over to Emma's side of the table while whistling a familiar tune. Emma smiled as she opened the note.

Fluttershy is my favorite. Let's just say I can relate to her the best.

Emma picked up her notebook and pencil again, and wrote,

Fluttershy is adorable. I hated when she was discorded though... that was so weird.

Emma slid the paper over to Tim as the waiter came back with the drinks. "Are you two ready to order?" the waiter said, putting Tim's glass at his spot.

"I know I'm not, there's waaaay too many good things I can order!" Emma chuckled. "What about you Tim?" She then picked up the menu again, humming quietly.

----

(OOC: Specifically, Emma only hums the chorus, then stops-ish.)

The Blissful Cafe

"I'll have a lemonade with a caesar salad, sir." Monty said to Damien as politely as he could.

Wow. Polite. Damien didn't warrant it all the time, but looking as he did now, he certainly deserved a break. Elisa just sat quietly, then looked at him. "I'll have some milk and a veggie burger, please. Thank you." It would be more than enough to fill her up. She looked at her lucky charm keychain. it had actually been a manufacturing error, so the Pokeball on the end had come out pink and not red. It was silly, but for some reason, after she obtained it, her luck had seemed to get better. She wasn't as prone to get lost anymore. Elisa wondered what Eevee was thinking in her Pokeball right now. Maybe she'd save some food for the little Pokemon when they left here. Whenever that was, since Damian would be stuck here a while.

Unless...

"Hey Monty..." She said, "Think we should help Damian out? Just so we can get going on the road already."

I will find you in real life and fall in love with you all over again.

(OOC: How does one stop-ish? xD)

Tim Wolfe
    Oldale Town/Tauros Rest

After reading Tim's note, Emma wrote another note of her own, then slid it over to Tim. He picked up, and unfolded it.

Fluttershy is adorable. I hated when she was discorded though... that was so weird.

Tim quickly wrote back.

Oh, I know! Me too, but they were all jerks when they were discorded. At least, she was the one that made him good again!

As soon as he passed his note to her, the waiter came back with their drinks, and asked if they were ready to order.

"I know I'm not, there's waaaay too many good things I can order!" Emma chuckled. "What about you Tim?" She then picked up the menu again, humming what sounded like Pinkie Pie's Smile song.

Tim took a sip of milk, looked up at the waiter for a second, then back down at his menu. He wanted to get one of everything on the menu, but that surely would've been too expensive for anyone to afford. So, he went for the first thing that caught his attention. "Oh.. um... can I get the um... jumbo double cheeseburger please. With a side of cheese fries, and a Cesear salad if it's not too much trouble..."

(OOC: Well, normally I wait a couple posts before posting, but... oh, hello, activity!)
    Emma Riker
    Tauros Rest (in Oldale Town)

Shortly after Emma had written her reply, the note was back on her side.

Oh, I know! Me too, but they were all jerks when they were discorded. At least, she was the one that made him good again!

Before she could write a reply, Tim was ready to order. "Oh.. um... can I get the um... jumbo double cheeseburger please. With a side of cheese fries, and a Cesear salad if it's not too much trouble..."

The waiter wrote down her order, then nodded. "And for you, miss?"

Emma blinked. "Uh... I'll take the double-decker hamburger, no onions, tomatoes, or lettuce please, with a side of fries. And could I get two chocolate cupcakes with that?"

The waiter nodded again. "Gotcha. Is that all?"

"Yes, I think that'll be fine." Emma said, looking at the note again. Ad the waiter walked off, Emma put her pen to the paper again.

Good point. I don't know if I can have a "favorite" discord, but I think discord Rarity was hysterical.

She passed the note back to Tim. "So, what are you going to do on your adventure?" she said, "I'm doing contests. I mean, I'm doing the league challenge, but only for fun. I've watched so many contests on TV, and it's just so amazing! I want to be Top Coordinator, it's always been my dream."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234