Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Team Flare Thread

Hybrid View

Default The Team Flare Thread

Discuss Team Flare, the sinister villains in fabulous orange suits of Pokémon X & Y here.

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. One-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered spam and will be deleted.

I have a feeling that their leader is going to have a alternative motive that involves both Xerneas and Yveltal..

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

I would find it funny if it was Team Flare in Y and Team Flair in X because of the legendaries in each game and the leaders reflected the name hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by hen da man View Post
    I would find it funny if it was Team Flare in Y and Team Flair in X because of the legendaries in each game and the leaders reflected the name hahaha.
    Wait a sec..what if like Ruby and Sapphire there was a different evil team for X Version..

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    Wait a sec..what if like Ruby and Sapphire there was a different evil team for X Version..
    Wouldn't surprise me, they would have the same motive in money but lets say ex is all female grunts and has a female leader and is after the Fairy legend whereas in Y it is all male and they aim for the pure power of Yveltal and it's wicked sense of destruction. Would be pretty cool actually.

Just wait for a team called Glacier or Chill to arrive. I wonder if there is a third team? Team Mono!

I have a feeling that their leader is going to have a alternative motive that involves both Xerneas and Yveltal..
    I think that they are trying to get money to buy them!

Quote Originally Posted by tepig003 View Post
    I think that they are trying to get money to buy them!
    Buy them at Pokebay? On a serious note, it seems at the moment Team Flare just wants money and a beautiful world, but what will they gain from it besides having the world match their standards? The money could be used to fund the experiments of whatever they plan to do, which leads me to this question: Is there going to be a 2nd Mewtwo? For years I always saw Mewtwo as unique and as the only one because he was the only successful experiment from what I know. However, now Mewtwo has 2 forms and the anime makes is sound like there's a 2nd Mewtwo. I know, anime =/= game, but I think the game still had some influence from the anime to a certain degree (the Spike Eared Pichu).
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    Buy them at Pokebay? On a serious note, it seems at the moment Team Flare just wants money and a beautiful world, but what will they gain from it besides having the world match their standards? The money could be used to fund the experiments of whatever they plan to do, which leads me to this question: Is there going to be a 2nd Mewtwo? For years I always saw Mewtwo as unique and as the only one because he was the only successful experiment from what I know. However, now Mewtwo has 2 forms and the anime makes is sound like there's a 2nd Mewtwo. I know, anime =/= game, but I think the game still had some influence from the anime to a certain degree (the Spike Eared Pichu).
    My head cannon always sort of leaned towards the idea that the player never really catches the legendary Pokemon, which is why they appear in multiple generations. It explains why Mewtwo appears in HG/SS and possibly in X/Y. Though I hope they give an actual explanation considering how important Mewtwo appears to these games.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    My head cannon always sort of leaned towards the idea that the player never really catches the legendary Pokemon, which is why they appear in multiple generations. It explains why Mewtwo appears in HG/SS and possibly in X/Y. Though I hope they give an actual explanation considering how important Mewtwo appears to these games.
    I've always thought of legendary Pokemon as still being a species like any other. Arceus is the hardest to explain though

Flair Grunt: *traps you in a burning cellar* Looks like you......*takes off shades* can't take the heat. YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I'm really liking the look of this team. It's also refreshing to have a realistic goal, although I'm sure there will be more to it than that. It will be interesting to see how they utilise/relate to Xerneas and Yveltal

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    I'm really liking the look of this team. It's also refreshing to have a realistic goal, although I'm sure there will be more to it than that. It will be interesting to see how they utilise/relate to Xerneas and Yveltal
    I agree; it seems a bit off to just want to make money. Why would they be the evil team just for wanting to make money?
    Really interested in how they'll tie in with the plot and Yveltal/Xerneas.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    I agree; it seems a bit off to just want to make money. Why would they be the evil team just for wanting to make money?
    Team Rocket didn't have a motive except money and extortion. They did make a legendary, maybe Team Flare wants to collect money so they could destroy the world, through the earth's core. I don't know just a thought since their related to Fire, that could tie in with Yveltal and in X you have to get Xerneas to stop them and in Y you have to get Yveltal before they do. Money can't be their only motive.

Quote Originally Posted by eliterodriguez View Post
    They did make a legendary
    In the anime.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    In the anime.
    But even though in the game it wasn't shown it was hinted at, take a look at Cinnabar's Pokemon Mansion. I don't know if it was hinted that Team Rocket funded the expedition. All I know it was a group of scientists. Money can't be their only goal. Maybe the rumor was proved fake but wasn't there something about the team in x and y using time travel. Maybe their funding that, it could explain the backwards compatibility function.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    You know what they say, money is the root of all evil. =]

Quote Originally Posted by SatanicSceptile View Post
    You know what they say, money is the root of all evil. =]
    I see them having Nothing to do with the Legendaries but one of their schemes,tied to an awakening accident happens and you have to calm them down alongside Team Flare
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Maybe they will try and capture it to sell it...

Or it would be hilarious if they had absolutely no connection to the legendaries

I really hope they don't have another ridiculous goal Team Aqua, Team Magma, Team Galactic, Team Plasma... I can't by any of them as villains... Their goals all either over the top or cliche "recreate world" "world domination" any antagonist using either is an automatic discredit in my book... (Team Rocket and Cipher for best villain groups)

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
    I would love it if Team Flare didn't have the intention of waking up Xerneas/Yveltal or whatever - I'd rather it be a consequence of their doings, so basically happening by accident without the villanous team even knowing about it. We've had plenty of those kinds of teams whose sole and only purpose is to awaken the legendary Pokémon to "rule the world". I liked Wulava's prediction of Team Flare kind of "disrupting" the balance of nature, thus affecting Xerneas/Yveltal, but not intentionally - they just want the money without thinking about consequences.
    I like this idea I hope it works out like this would be a nice change of pace
    Last edited by Dragrath; 11th July 2013 at 6:36 PM.
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    I really hope they don't have another ridiculous goal Team Aqua, Team Magma, Team Galactic, Team Plasma... I can't by any of them as villains... Their goals all either over the top or cliche "recreate world" "world domination" any antagonist using either is an automatic discredit in my book... (Team Rocket and Cipher for best villain groups)
    Sorry but I disagree. Well-Intentioned Extremists are my favorite kind of antagonists because they're trying to do good while blind to their wrongness of their ways. It seems... real.

Maybe they are going to sell Xerneas' horns and Yveltal's wings....
    Or they make them read future/past to see how to make money

but i think they just will be ordinary pokemon robbers

Quote Originally Posted by TanBun View Post
    but i think they just will be ordinary pokemon robbers
    Pokemon robbers who want to get money is perfect to me. Some fresh air after all those extremist guys.

I'm guessing their whole money making thing is just a cover, as well, since I can't imagine how they'd take advantage of Pokemon representing life and destruction respectively for that aim.

I think they could try and make money through villainous methods like stealing rare items such as fossils or pokemon eggs. Then their leader will be wrapped up in a tower in the centre of the evil lair (possibly that place we saw in the first trailer in the desert) planning to steal xerneas or yveltal to sell xerneas' gems from its antlers and possibly yveltals feathers?
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    I think they could try and make money through villainous methods like stealing rare items such as fossils or pokemon eggs. Then their leader will be wrapped up in a tower in the centre of the evil lair (possibly that place we saw in the first trailer in the desert) planning to steal xerneas or yveltal to sell xerneas' gems from its antlers and possibly yveltals feathers?
    Team Flare/Flair Boss: - Goes on ebay to sell yveltal feathers/xerneas gems to make a living, but nobody buys them -
    - 20 days later the boss is in an allyway -
    Hey, kid, want to buy some feathers/gems?
    Kid: Can I smoke them?
    Uh... no, sorry
    Kid: No thanks then
    - Cries -

No, I agree that there's something else about them we don't know about. Maybe they'll capture them instead to force people to sell their pokemon for the team.
    You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain. -Harvey Dent
    Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the easier it is to fool you. -Thaddeus Bradley
    You can take away my toys, gadgets, and even my armor. But there is one thing you can't take away from me: Who I am. -Tony Stark
    I may not remember who I am, but there is one thing I remember. I don't take orders. -Letty Ortiz

Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast