Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Team Flare Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    I think their designs are brilliant, but the goal feels lack luster. You have the Pokemon Mother Nature and the Pokemon Grim Reaper at your disposal, and all you can think about is money!?
    They... are not really at their disposal haha. And how do they get the money, where do they need the money, that's the interesting thing. It might feel lackluster, but behind the money, there's something bigger.

They're not just going to state it right off the bat if their leader has a motive that differs from what they claim to follow, as was the case with Ghetsis.

Someone said Lady Gaga earlier with the costumes.. Isn't one of your friend/rivals a dance lover? Imagine if he got convinced to join Team Flair/Flare because they had all the fashion and dance moves HAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    I'd love it if their motivation did stop at "making money." It probably won't, alas. Odds are, there'll be some alternate plot point in there; a reason why they need the money. Personally, I think it'd be awesome to have the villainous team's goals be nice and simple like that, and for plot reasons perhaps explore the individuals in the group. Maybe one Flare Grunt needs money because he lost his job and needs to support his family, while another Flare Grunt may have had to drop out of school to support her family in hard times and needs the money to pursue the dreams that she never got the opportunity to attempt. Of course, though, they'd be interspersed with Grunts who just want the money for the perks of being wealthy.
    Maybe they want money to make a huge corporation? And that'll upset the balance of the world, so Xerneas or Yvetal decides to take action. However, in blind rage, Xerneas/Yvetal is accidentally destroying/overgrowing Kalos, making it ugly. Yvetal/Xerneas, upset with the inbalance, requires your help, seeks you out, and you do battle with Xerneas/Yvetal, who goes away, and now the leader has no one to stop him. So you battle him, blah blah blah, beat him, after that go to the champion. But what I want to see is just as you put your Pokemon in the Hall of Fame, Team Flare busts in, and reveals they stole (if its in the box, or you released it!)/steals (If you used it for the E4) Yvetal/Xerneas! You go on a quest to save it, but Team Flare has brainwashed it, and are also using Mewtwo! You beat them, Mewtwo goes away, you get your legendary back, blah. Perhaps you cant get legends until you beat them permanently?

I expect them to use:

Charmander (If a professor actually gives us a Kanto Starter!)

Charmeleon

Charizard (Sky battles!)

Houndour (Due to the uneven levels, its believed their in the dex!)

Houndoom

Fennekin

Fennekin evo

Fennekin evo evo

Fletchling

Middle Stage/Talonflame evo

Talonflame

Litleo

Litleo evo

Litleo evo evo?

Cotton Candy

Shushup

Poison-Types

Fairy-Types

More Fire-Types

Regional Rodent

Rodent evo

Zubat

Golbat

Crobat

EDIT: Sylveon
    Last edited by MidnightFennekin; 11th July 2013 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    They're not just going to state it right off the bat if their leader has a motive that differs from what they claim to follow, as was the case with Ghetsis.
    But with Team Plasma, their cover goal was interesting. That's what made Ghetsis' very predictable alterior motive that much less underwhelming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

You totally forgot Sylveon on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by hen da man View Post
    You totally forgot Sylveon on that list.
    Fixed it.

But yeah, I really expect Fairy-Types, Fire-Types, Dark-Types and Poison-Types.

Maybe we finally get our mafia organization, and the player gets involved by either meeting someone or having their own problem with a loan shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I hope the main leader has a much better motive than Ghetisis..i was so disspointed about that..

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Maybe we finally get our mafia organization, and the player gets into the story by either meeting someone or having their own problem with a loan shark.
    I want a twist when you accidentally join the evil team and then realise what you have done but then use it to take them down from the inside. Not that that would happen in a Pokemon main series game though.

I expect them to have some Pokémon with Thief (because of the whole money hungry thing appearently)

Quote Originally Posted by JW1004 View Post
    I expect them to have some Pokémon with Thief (because of the whole money hungry thing appearently)
    And Pokemon with Pay Day.

I'm expecting at least one Character in the team to have a Purrloin/Liepard with Thief and Payday. It's legal.

So, this Gen's villains are a bunch of orange guys and their goal is to obtain money? Well, I suppose the plans of the previous three Gen's villains would've been hard to top anyways. I kind of think it is pretty nice that these orange guys don't have such colossal plans and instead seem to have more simple goals in mind.

... Of course, that is, assuming their plans to obtain money don't involve something weird like selling Xerneas and Yveltal, or something like that. :P
    Formerly known as EeveeandKirliafan.

Check out my fanfic! Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Reflecting Balance

Latest chapter: Chapter 37: "Well, I… I guess it has been a while since I had a reason to smile…"

Also, for those interested in Winx Club: A Wizard's Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerShining View Post
    So, this Gen's villains are a bunch of orange guys and their goal is to obtain money? Well, I suppose the plans of the previous three Gen's villains would've been hard to top anyways. I kind of think it is pretty nice that these orange guys don't have such colossal plans and instead seem to have more simple goals in mind.

... Of course, that is, assuming their plans to obtain money don't involve something weird like selling Xerneas and Yveltal, or something like that. :P
    Actually selling the legendaries is a good point... Team Rocket will be all over that in the anime hahaha

I have mixed feelings. I do and I don't like them. I was smiling with all this new info but it quickly turned into a frown when I saw Team Flare. We need more info for me to judge them properly, because I tend to judge things very badly at first glance. >.<

With Xerneas and Yveltal been extremely interesting
    With their life and death theme, and along with a new type
    I'm not too happy with the teams goal, I mean come on making money?
    When you have such amazing legendary pokemon their you would expect something much better as an evil teams goal
    Maybe their will be more to it, hopefully

Or maybe the legendary pokemon arnt tied in with them and they have a whole other story
    Since it was said that the evil team won't have as big a role/impact in the games....

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Maybe the legendaries attack each other and the evil team gets forced to try fix the issue after the legendaries crush their base or something making them lose all the money they had hahaha.

So refreshing to have a Team that is just greedy and evil, like Team Rocket, and not being evil for a warped 'greater good', like Magma/Aqua, Galactic and Plasma.

It makes them much more real and I am looking forward to thwarting their plans!

As for their outfit - I love it!

So eccentric and it certainly grabs your attention! I can tell these guys are going be a bit crazy and eccentric!

I am really liking what I see so far!!!
    Pokemon X
    Name: Ry
    FC: 3926 5477 2209
    Badges: 8
    True Champion of Kalos

Dogs of War

HA Pokemon I have:
    Froakie, Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Goomy, Fletchling, Venipede, Sableye, Natu, Shroomish, Mienshao, Litleo, Emolga, Blitzle, Phantump, Pumpkaboo, Dratini

Team Flare have me wanting more info on them too. The money idea is realistic but I enjoy the whole kind of bigger plots previous teams have had. Unless this team is making like genetically altered Pokemon and selling them on or the money angle is a front this whole time.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Venusaur Master View Post
    Team Flare have me wanting more info on them too. The money idea is realistic but I enjoy the whole kind of bigger plots previous teams have had. Unless this team is making like genetically altered Pokemon and selling them on or the money angle is a front this whole time.
    Newmew link!

Their leader must be Mr.Krabs...They are both orangish and love money.

But seriously, I doubt "wanting money" is just for show. They must indeed need it for something...
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

I hope mewtwo is connected to the team also something of team rocket...
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

Their motive is just for money? They actually have a very realistic goal next to Team Rocket... In a more deeper storyline, they could use the money that they acquire to fund the research of utilizing the Life/Destruction Pokémon in understanding Life/Death.

The Leader could actually use Xerneas/Yveltal and tap their powers to, I don't know, maybe use their powers to communicate to a departed love one?
    Pre-order Patron Saint Joanne's ARTPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Sky View Post
    Their motive is just for money? They actually have a very realistic goal next to Team Rocket... In a more deeper storyline, they could use the money that they acquire to fund the research of utilizing the Life/Destruction Pokémon in understanding Life/Death.

The Leader could actually use Xerneas/Yveltal and tap their powers to, I don't know, maybe use their powers to communicate to a departed love one?
    Maybe bring back an ex-team leader that had died and had great ambitions for the team and uses Yveltal to tap into the Death side whilst using Xerneas to bring life back into him? Maybe a bit too dark for Pokemon..

First off I have to say I really like their design. I think the suits look great, even though it's kinda weird they wear the team logo near their private parts lol

I think their goal is great as well, simple but good. As villains there are plenty of ways to make money in the Pokemon world, meaning they can be used in different ways. Look at Aqua and Magma for example, they were so fixed on Groudon and Kyogre. Team Flare could easily go after Xerneas and Yveltal but also after this region's legendary trio, or other rare Pokemon for that matter. Also, since they are all about making money I could easily see their leader being a businessmen of some sort. Maybe we'll get a plot twist later on in the game since I doubt he'll be introduced as the team's leader.

Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast