Page 86 of 97 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2410

Thread: The Team Flare Thread

  1. #2126
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Coronet
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
        Spoiler:- spoils:
    True, a very good point.
    My Platinum Team:


    My OmegaRuby Team:

  2. #2127
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Xerneas/Yveltal aren't really what are granting him eternal life, the machine is. It doesn't matter what kind of powers the Legendary Pokémon that is being used as the battery possesses; the machine seemingly just draws from their raw power in order to perform a set function of its own. The machine draws all of the life energy that it needs from the Pokémon that are attached to the stones on Route 10.
    Yeah, I guess that's true. I would have liked if the scales weren't so tipped for one side though. They should have involved eternal death or damnation for Y.

    As for the posters saying Team Flare was rushed, I kind of agree. They didn't really put their plan into full motion until late in the game, and suddenly it's the gigantic climax.

    I would like to see a sequel that expands Lysandre's and AZ's characters. Maybe something to do with Zygarde/rebirth and second chances?

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  3. #2128
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Final Destination
    Posts
    1,168

    Default

    TBH, I found the story never really got going until it was minutes from the end, overall pretty disappointing. If there is another Kalos game, I would really like to see a much improved, engaging storyline!
    Too much water guys!

  4. #2129
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    TBH, I found the story never really got going until it was minutes from the end, overall pretty disappointing. If there is another Kalos game, I would really like to see a much improved, engaging storyline!
    the end was really good, but i agree that it wasn't as involving or in-depth as i was hoping for. still, i liked team flare and their battle theme is awesome. just a question the machine lysandre wears at the end what is it and what does it do?

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



  5. #2130
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    just a question the machine lysandre wears at the end what is it and what does it do?
    It can be assumed that the visor functions similarly to those worn by the Team Flare Scientists and can be used to see a Pokémon's energy levels (they're sort of like the scouters from Dragon Ball Z, in that sense), and Lysandre likely needed them in order to see how much energy Xerneas/Yveltal had taken back from the weapon after awakening. Beyond that, the function of the get-up (particularly the hovering cameras) is unknown.

    I am guessing that there is a remote activation control for the weapon integrated somewhere into the outfit, as Lysandre activates it unassisted after you defeat him, but I do not know which part of the outfit such a control would correspond to.
    Last edited by Endolise; 15th November 2013 at 7:55 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  6. #2131
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Where I Am Now
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    just a question the machine lysandre wears at the end what is it and what does it do?
    It was stolen from Clemont.

    Team Flare is just like some of the past teams; they just planned to do something with the world that involved restoration. GF should also stop grunts having the same exact pokemon. Thousands of Liepards just don't cut it.
    GAME OVER
    please try again next time

    3DS FC: 0387-9333-2196

    I haves claimed PorygonZ! (Not a typo)

    http://dragcave.net/view/NjBIS
    http://dragcave.net/view/flTM8]
    http://dragcave.net/view/HXFjx]

  7. #2132
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Rovaniemi
    Posts
    80

    Default

    I found Team Flare to be largely underwhelming, and they posed no threat to me whatsoever. Lysandre's ideals were outlandish and rather pathetic IMO, and they could have made him much more intimidating. Actually, besides some of the grunts, I'm pretty sure he was the only one who even cared about his mission. His scientists looked as if they couldn't have cared any less. I'll give Lysandre props, though, for having that much passion towards reaching his goals as he did. There's only one thing I really liked -- or cared for, rather...

        Spoiler:- Post-game spoilers:
    Mon e s s e n t i e l.
    PM me if you'd like a signature.


    Gfx deviantART tumblr

  8. #2133
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    Lysandre's ideals were outlandish and rather pathetic IMO,
    Could you expand a bit? His plan made sense considering his thought process. Not to mention he was dealing with a problem that has no morally appropriate solution.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  9. #2134
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Yeah, I guess that's true. I would have liked if the scales weren't so tipped for one side though. They should have involved eternal death or damnation for Y.

    As for the posters saying Team Flare was rushed, I kind of agree. They didn't really put their plan into full motion until late in the game, and suddenly it's the gigantic climax.

    I would like to see a sequel that expands Lysandre's and AZ's characters. Maybe something to do with Zygarde/rebirth and second chances?
    Isn't death kinda eternal?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

    My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

  10. #2135
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Rovaniemi
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Could you expand a bit? His plan made sense considering his thought process. Not to mention he was dealing with a problem that has no morally appropriate solution.
    Perhaps it wasn't very outlandish, but honestly, eliminating everyone who isn't a member of Team Flare? It's a pretty bizarre and extreme notion to even contemplate. The fact that he even tried to set this plan in motion was bold, yet strange that he thought it'd even work. Once again I admire his compassion, but condemn his motives/ideals.
    Mon e s s e n t i e l.
    PM me if you'd like a signature.


    Gfx deviantART tumblr

  11. #2136
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,311

    Default

    It's a pretty extreme issue we're dealing with, though. There's not exactly a pleasant solution that will appease everyone.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  12. #2137
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's a pretty extreme issue we're dealing with, though. There's not exactly a pleasant solution that will appease everyone.
    True, but just because it relates to a real life issue doesn't mean that the extreme solution is really believable or understandable, which I think is what Mitzi is getting at. Plus, it's so idealized in how he believes it will be pulled off considering all of the destruction and chaos such an action would bring upon the world.


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  13. #2138
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,744

    Default

    Now that I've finished the Team Flare plot in X version, I have to admit that I really liked what Lysandre tried to do. I mean he was insane, but I loved that he wanted to change the world by making it more beautiful through the destruction of humankind. There was just something very pure about his motives in that he at least tried to change the world for the better even if he was misguided. I was sad when the ultimate weapon thing collapsed into itself though; I can't see how Lysandre could've survived that.

  14. #2139
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    True, but just because it relates to a real life issue doesn't mean that the extreme solution is really believable or understandable, which I think is what Mitzi is getting at. Plus, it's so idealized in how he believes it will be pulled off considering all of the destruction and chaos such an action would bring upon the world.
    The repercussions were glossed over because this is still a children's game, but it's a valid solution.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  15. #2140
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The repercussions were glossed over because this is still a children's game, but it's a valid solution.
    I wouldn't say it's that valid, maybe I have a really cynical view because I don't think his solution wouldn't have been that much better in the long run. On top of killing everyone, you're taking away resources because of all that destruction that would be caused to kill everyone so what was already being fought over beforehand is now in extreme contention and of course that means more infighting among those left. On top of that, the governments would be gone so order would have to be restored and it'll take some time of anarchy and chaos before that happens even in the best of situations and even after everything settles, the same problems will arise again because the problem wasn't addressed, you just kicked it down the road for later once more people come back around.

    So for all the people you murdered, you have years of chaos to look forward to and still the same problems as before. Not exactly the ideal solution really.


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  16. #2141
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    I wouldn't say it's that valid, maybe I have a really cynical view because I don't think his solution wouldn't have been that much better in the long run. On top of killing everyone, you're taking away resources because of all that destruction that would be caused to kill everyone so what was already being fought over beforehand is now in extreme contention and of course that means more infighting among those left. On top of that, the governments would be gone so order would have to be restored and it'll take some time of anarchy and chaos before that happens even in the best of situations and even after everything settles, the same problems will arise again because the problem wasn't addressed, you just kicked it down the road for later once more people come back around.

    So for all the people you murdered, you have years of chaos to look forward to and still the same problems as before. Not exactly the ideal solution really.
    Considering Team Flare wasn't that large, and they all followed Lysandre, leadership would be no issue. As for resources, they could have stockpiled them in whatever safe haven they were staying in to avoid their own apocalypse. I think we're reading too much into this, though.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  17. #2142
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Considering Team Flare wasn't that large, and they all followed Lysandre, leadership would be no issue. As for resources, they could have stockpiled them in whatever safe haven they were staying in to avoid their own apocalypse. I think we're reading too much into this, though.
    Not really, resources stored are still finite, you have to get more and destruction doesn't led well to making more resources so you'll run out eventually. As for leadership, there will still be opposing views and ideals that will split people off and lead to more conflicts, that's really unavoidable.

    Then again, maybe I am putting a bit more real world emphasis on this issue though since this is a children's game at the end of the day, it's supposed to be a bit more idealized even if it's insane. I don't know, I just don't really see this solution as really being that ideal or realistic even removing that element from it.


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  18. #2143
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    As for leadership, there will still be opposing views and ideals that will split people off and lead to more conflicts, that's really unavoidable.
    As long as you kill everyone who thinks differently than you, you can at least stave off that issue for a while. :P
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  19. #2144
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    973

    Default

    I was wondering.....who will be the enemy in the third version of gen 6?
    The remnants of team Flare or perhaps another team who also wanted to use Yveltal/Xerneas for their plans.
    I remember that in the game a NPC said something about other people who asked him if he knew something about them......or am I wrong?
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

    Last update: 19/3/2014


    3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

  20. #2145
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    From the land down under...
    Posts
    7,102

    Default

    I remember that in the game a NPC said something about other people who asked him if he knew something about them......or am I wrong?
    I don't recall seeing this, but it sounds rather vague to begin with and a bit too little to base anything on imo.

    I beat the plot yesterday, and it was kinda disappointing. The execution was all over the place, and the conclusion with Lysandre just left me saying ''...what really?' a few too many times. (Also fighting him three times in that one section was a bit much). The idea behind the plot has potential but there's just too much going on in such a compressed space, and holes everywhere.

    A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

    The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

    Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.


  21. #2146
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Powell, OH
    Posts
    158

    Default

    I rather liked the story and its simplistic take on classism, war, and over population; they aren't topics that crop up in children's games very often so it was refreshing to see, even though they did glaze over them. As far as the Team Flare members all seeming to be disinterested in their cause and focusing mostly on fashion, I saw it as a jab at OWS and similar movements where one of the main criticisms is that activists are protesting because it is a fad, and at the end of the day they don't really know what they are fighting for or worse, participating in or encouraging the actions they're protesting (whether or not that is true is another issue). Lysandre is using their ignorance (or the ignorance of the grunts and admins anyways) to further his own personal agenda.

  22. #2147
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    I remember that in the game a NPC said something about other people who asked him if he knew something about them......or am I wrong?
    The house in Anistar (where the old man tells you about Xerneas/Yveltal) has a girl who mentions another team, who were asking around about Xerneas/Yveltal a few years before Team Flare. I think it went something along the lines of that anyway. It might not be anything special, but it still is a mention of another team.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

  23. #2148
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
    The house in Anistar (where the old man tells you about Xerneas/Yveltal) has a girl who mentions another team, who were asking around about Xerneas/Yveltal a few years before Team Flare. I think it went something along the lines of that anyway. It might not be anything special, but it still is a mention of another team.
    It could have very easily been the beginnings of an early Team Flare, all she said was some people similar had asked her about it.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  24. #2149
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Exploring the world
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    True, but just because it relates to a real life issue doesn't mean that the extreme solution is really believable or understandable, which I think is what Mitzi is getting at. Plus, it's so idealized in how he believes it will be pulled off considering all of the destruction and chaos such an action would bring upon the world.
    Not only that, but think for a second about who it was he got to join Team Flare. They were evil people without any empathy to speak of, even the grunts. The same issues that were causing the problems that Lysandre was seeing in the world would just happen all over again, only this time without any good people to counteract the evil. It would have eventually led to humanity's complete destruction, as well as Team Flare's, because everyone in the team would fight each other for resources, and before then would pass down to their kids that they were good but if the kids looked more closely, they would see that the members of Team Flare survived because of their greed, thus the lesson would be completely lost and humanity would be doomed, which I would not be surprised if a sequel revealed was Lysandre's true intention: wipe out most of humanity and let Team Flare wipe itself out, leaving no humans left to pollute the world and make it ugly.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

  25. #2150
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    973

    Default

    I have seen what you answered me and of course I didn't take it as a fact, but at least I was right in recalling it.
    Seriously though, if they will ever do a Z version, will the Team Flare appear again?
    In B/W the return of the Team Plasma was somewhat predictable considering Ghetsis' and N's situation.....
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

    Last update: 19/3/2014


    3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

Page 86 of 97 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •