Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Team Flare Thread

I just remember something, and I think it'll be something nice to think about.

In Pokemon Colosseum, the main bad guys were Team Snagem, as they were on the news alot. BUT! They were actually a sub-group for the real villians, Team Cipher. Snagem supplied Cipher with Pokemon that were snaged, and Cipher turned the Pokemon into fighting machines.

Now WHAT IF, Team Flare is like Snagem, in the theory that that either they are a sub group supplying money for a bigger group for some big thing, or there are two divisions of Team Flare: One division is for the money grabbing, while the other group is focused on something else MUCH more sinister?

This is just an idea, so hopefully it isn't bashed against me too much ^_^
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

Given how absolutely and utterly ridiculous these guys look and how their goal (at least so far) doesn't seem to be connected to the box legends at all, I'm starting to think they might just be there solely for comic relief. It'd be a nice change, IMO; the precedent set by RS, while arguably logical (powerful Pokemon exist, no one's after them?), was starting to get a bit overdone. Another point in their favor - if they're going to be Fire-type based (and Fairy-type based, I'd hope), that means no swarms of Zubats and regional vermin.

Yeah, yeah, it may end up just being a cover and they're actually 4 srs realsies, but wouldn't it be nice if it wasn't, and this game Game Freak just decided to lampshade the entire team? Or even string us along, believing they're up to something, until the big climax is that they're not doing anything?

Either way, those are some fine-looking uniforms. Hopefully we get the option to use the suit in Trainer customization. i may have to take up real-life cosplay now, actually

Also Fire/Fighting confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by catzeye View Post
    Team Aqua did use water Pokemon. And on that Magma used Numel and Camerupt (fire/ground types). But still their teams seemed to rely heavily on dark and poison types like all the other teams.
    Team Magma and Team Aqua literally only used three lines of Pokemon: Poochyena, Zubat, and either Carvanha or Numel.

That's it.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 12th July 2013 at 4:44 PM.

If Team Flair uses Fire and Dark types I hope they don't abuse Litleo. Inkay doesn't look evil, so I'd disagree if they'd use it, but as for its fugly evolution that looks appropriate enough for the Team.
    <Signature in Progress>

Credit goes to FairyWitch of Flower Paradise Graphics!
    Proud member of Dracaena!

Quote Originally Posted by hen da man View Post
    I reckon the idea of a Pokemon mafia would have suited last gen soooooo much better.
    I think corruption in Kalos would be awesome. The idea of a region known for its beauty being corrupted secretly on the inside sounds really cool to me.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by DevilFruit View Post
    If Team Flair uses Fire and Dark types I hope they don't abuse Litleo. Inkay doesn't look evil, so I'd disagree if they'd use it, but as for its fugly evolution that looks appropriate enough for the Team.
    Antagonistic teams don't always use Pokemon that are necessarily tough or malicious-looking: Team Rocket threw Sandshrew line, Machop line, Venonat, and Oddish line, Team Galactic had both Wurmple lines and Bronzor in their roster, and even Plasma used the early-game trash Patrat line.

Given Plasma's diversity in BW2, I'm optimistic that Flair won't abuse any particular line too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Given how absolutely and utterly ridiculous these guys look and how their goal (at least so far) doesn't seem to be connected to the box legends at all, I'm starting to think they might just be there solely for comic relief. It'd be a nice change, IMO; the precedent set by RS, while arguably logical (powerful Pokemon exist, no one's after them?), was starting to get a bit overdone. Another point in their favor - if they're going to be Fire-type based (and Fairy-type based, I'd hope), that means no swarms of Zubats and regional vermin.

Yeah, yeah, it may end up just being a cover and they're actually 4 srs realsies, but wouldn't it be nice if it wasn't, and this game Game Freak just decided to lampshade the entire team? Or even string us along, believing they're up to something, until the big climax is that they're not doing anything?

Either way, those are some fine-looking uniforms. Hopefully we get the option to use the suit in Trainer customization. i may have to take up real-life cosplay now, actually
    I am 100% behind this idea, and would LOVE just a comic relief side-story, that could add to other side-quest type deals. Plus it would give a separate story that would make the game more interesting.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

Also Fire/Fighting confirmed.
    I love how they did the girl character with vogue hand gestures. Hilarious.

Also, Fire type would be a good choice. Fire represents warmth and life and it also brings great destruction and death, befitting the whole life/death thing going on between the two legends. Although, it is quite possible that the villains probably won't be too involved with the version mascots, they'll probably want to steal them just for the sake of it/for money.
    Knarly, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by humilau View Post
    I love how they did the girl character with vogue hand gestures. Hilarious.

Also, Fire type would be a good choice. Fire represents warmth and life and it also brings great destruction and death, befitting the whole life/death thing going on between the two legends. Although, it is quite possible that the villains probably won't be too involved with the version mascots, they'll probably want to steal them just for the sake of it/for money.
    That could be freaking awesome.. Team Flare has a lot of potential..

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

I would genuinely like it if they were comic relief. I'd also like them to be absolutely oblivious to the existence of the legendaries, all they want to do is make money, and they start following you around because you keep beating them.

White 2 FC; 2581 1988 8070

Quote Originally Posted by ZXChris93 View Post
    I just remember something, and I think it'll be something nice to think about.

In Pokemon Colosseum, the main bad guys were Team Snagem, as they were on the news alot. BUT! They were actually a sub-group for the real villians, Team Cipher. Snagem supplied Cipher with Pokemon that were snaged, and Cipher turned the Pokemon into fighting machines.

Now WHAT IF, Team Flare is like Snagem, in the theory that that either they are a sub group supplying money for a bigger group for some big thing, or there are two divisions of Team Flare: One division is for the money grabbing, while the other group is focused on something else MUCH more sinister?

This is just an idea, so hopefully it isn't bashed against me too much ^_^
    Hmm... Doesn't sounds bad...

Team flare/flair could be the ones for the money.
    And they give the money to another higher team that makes plans/machines/trains pokemon.
    For the bosses of the 3rd team!

Quote Originally Posted by Aschur View Post
    I would genuinely like it if they were comic relief. I'd also like them to be absolutely oblivious to the existence of the legendaries, all they want to do is make money, and they start following you around because you keep beating them.
    I'd hate that
    We know they don't play a major role, or as big a role as previous ones
    So maybe our story is based around our friends more so than our evil team
    I'm guessing their goal is this bad due to them no having a big role
    But I'm sure they have a hidden meaning to their ways
    Some what like how plasma was done
    Id like if flairs leader(s) were using the money
    In some way that ties in with the DNA theme like using it to pay scientist like colross

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I think corruption in Kalos would be awesome. The idea of a region known for its beauty being corrupted secretly on the inside sounds really cool to me.
    That would be a very interesting idea and also the plot would be interesting because of that

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I have a feeling with a team that is out to make money, that their will be lots of corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by JW1004 View Post
    That would be a very interesting idea and also the plot would be interesting because of that
    This! I don't quite understand why people are writing off Team Flare because they have a simpler goal this time around. There are a lot more ways the money-making plot can go than the typical world domination plot.

There are so many questions that can be asked regarding Team Flare. This shows the many different routes they can take

1.) Are they just greedy? Will they stop at nothing to make a quick Pokedollar even if it comes at the price of harming Pokemon, people and the environment? Or do they have another motive?
    2.) How are they going about making money? Selling Pokemon and items on the black market? Rigging events so they win? Selling inventions with negative side effects?
    3.) What is the money being used for? Is it just to be rich. Are they funding something that will involve Xerneas/Yveltal? Is it both?
    4.) Are they a highly visible group that everyone knows is up to no good? Or do they have good public image with very few knowing their intentions?
    5.) How threatening are they as a villainous team? Are they just minor inconveniences to the people of Kalos or can they bring Kalos to its knees?
    6.) Are there any members of Team Flare who happen to be Gym Leaders, Elite 4, Professors, etc?

the only connection i see between making money and the legendaries is blackmailing. I think that they will capture Yveltal in X (or Y maybe...) and they will ask for millions of money or they will use it for destruction, and Xerneas in Y (or maybe X...) also for money and that they will prevent it from giving life if they don't pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Pspaans View Post
    the only connection i see between making money and the legendaries is blackmailing. I think that they will capture Yveltal in X (or Y maybe...) and they will ask for millions of money or they will use it for destruction, and Xerneas in Y (or maybe X...) also for money and that they will prevent it from giving life if they don't pay?
    Yeah and even at that it seems very bad
    I don't think their story will be that attached to our legendary
    Maybe their soon something different this time round

Maybe we will get more info on the 15th

Quote Originally Posted by catzeye View Post
    I have a feeling with a team that is out to make money, that their will be lots of corruption.

This! I don't quite understand why people are writing off Team Flare because they have a simpler goal this time around. There are a lot more ways the money-making plot can go than the typical world domination plot.

There are so many questions that can be asked regarding Team Flare. This shows the many different routes they can take

1.) Are they just greedy? Will they stop at nothing to make a quick Pokedollar even if it comes at the price of harming Pokemon, people and the environment? Or do they have another motive?
    2.) How are they going about making money? Selling Pokemon and items on the black market? Rigging events so they win? Selling inventions with negative side effects?
    3.) What is the money being used for? Is it just to be rich. Are they funding something that will involve Xerneas/Yveltal? Is it both?
    4.) Are they a highly visible group that everyone knows is up to no good? Or do they have good public image with very few knowing their intentions?
    5.) How threatening are they as a villainous team? Are they just minor inconveniences to the people of Kalos or can they bring Kalos to its knees?
    6.) Are there any members of Team Flare who happen to be Gym Leaders, Elite 4, Professors, etc?
    Yeah, I'm hoping for a corrupt mayor of a major city, or even the boss being someone of a high rank in society.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiëstik View Post
    Yeah, I'm hoping for a corrupt mayor of a major city, or even the boss being someone of a high rank in society.
    The professor is shown own the same page.

He seems pretty sleazy, and looks like a womanizer.

He has socks the same colour as the Evil Team's suits.

CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!

I actually wouldn't be surprised though. We do battle him a few times. But I hope he's the Colress to this evil team's Ghetsis. The second in command.

I hope the leader is a woman. Money is a woman's best friend :3

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post

CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!
    LMAO, Imagine if the socks really the proof that he's in Team Flare.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!

I actually wouldn't be surprised though. We do battle him a few times. But I hope he's the Colress to this evil team's Ghetsis. The second in command.

That would actually be really interesting!
    If done right I'd love that

CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!

MUST RESIST URGE TO... lol.

anyway, I wonder what they're real motive is other than money, or if they even know what their Boss's goal is (like Galactic, where none of the Grunts and two Commanders (Saturn and Charon) had no idea what Cyrus was up to (and to make it worse, most of the non-Mt. Coronet Grunts were obsessed with the new energy they harvest or somnething)).

Anyway, I love their outfits!

I wonder if they take kids?

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    MUST RESIST URGE TO... lol.

anyway, I wonder what they're real motive is other than money, or if they even know what their Boss's goal is (like Galactic, where none of the Grunts and two Commanders (Saturn and Charon) had no idea what Cyrus was up to (and to make it worse, most of the non-Mt. Coronet Grunts were obsessed with the new energy they harvest or somnething)).

Anyway, I love their outfits!

I wonder if they take kids?

Like some people, I think Team Flare is only funding a more fabulous stronger team. The grunts believe that they're just getting money for the sake of it.

This stronger team would aim to use Xerneas/Yvetal to rule the world. They try to 'fog' their existence. What comes from a Flare? Smoke. Team Smoke! (GRAMPS F! Next two teams start with A, P and S!)

The leader and admins would be trying to purge the world of all ugliness, by birthing more beautiful things using Xerneas, or wiping out all ugly things using Yvetal.

3 different goals.

Half-Life 3 Confirmed.

They look like Slenderman. Of course they do :P

"Team Flare are the new antagonists, they aime to make big money, but doesn´t seem like their only aim" That's what the translation of scans come out to so their goal may not be so simple.

Like some people, I think Team Flare is only funding a more fabulous stronger team. The grunts believe that they're just getting money for the sake of it.

This stronger team would aim to use Xerneas/Yvetal to rule the world. They try to 'fog' their existence. What comes from a Flare? Smoke. Team Smoke! (GRAMPS F! Next two teams start with A, P and S!)

The leader and admins would be trying to purge the world of all ugliness, by birthing more beautiful things using Xerneas, or wiping out all ugly things using Yvetal.

3 different goals.
    That's a really good theory! It ties in the legendaries and the region's theme of beauty. If they actually do that then I think it will be epic.

But you this will be better then canon.

I think I know who the boss of Team Flair/Flare/Swag is:

Spoiler:- Boss:

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast