Page 14 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: The Team Flare Thread

Who used Snorunt? I don't recall that fight at all, and I can't find anything on it on Serebii or Bulbapedia.

Is this one of those anime-only things?

One would thing that Team Flare would want to watch the entire world burn and be pyromaniacs who start fires all over the world with their fire Pokemon. Still disappointed in their money goal, but once again I must tell myself that wait until the game is played before judging them.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    One would thing that Team Flare would want to watch the entire world burn
    Some men just want to watch the world burn.

...Sorry, couldn't help myself.
    Last edited by Endolise; 12th July 2013 at 9:55 PM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post

And now I hope Team Flare's leader asks the player "Why so serious?" It would be fitting considering they don't want to remake the world, or brainwash people, or flood the earth. They just want money, so why so serious?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Still disappointed in their money goal, but once again I must tell myself that wait until the game is played before judging them.
    Money has never been implied to their only goal, quite the opposite really. The English site says nothing about money (besides the ingame screenshot). And corocoro questions whether money is their only goal (ending in a very suspicious ".......?"). All we know about them is they look fly, they like using fire pokemon, they have a fire theme, and at one point they go after fossils that they can restore and then sell. And for all we know that fossil comment is just something that one grunt says and nothing else. Team Flare is a complete mystery right now.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post

Actually i think that could be a good motive for Team Flare..

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

I think Team Flare's goal of making money will actually help make their appearances more relevant to their goal (as pretty much anything can fit into "we're doing it to make money"), and I really like that. One of the reasons I disliked Plasma was that a lot of the times when you ran into them they didn't seem to be doing anything of importance (OH HEY TEAM PLASMA ARe in a freezer). They were just... there a lot of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    One of the reasons I disliked Plasma was that a lot of the times when you ran into them they didn't seem to be doing anything of importance (OH HEY TEAM PLASMA ARe in a freezer). They were just... there a lot of the time.
    Wasn't the reason they were in the Cold Storage because Clay had taken them into custody, but they escaped when they lowered the drawbridge and ran in there to hide?

So I'm sitting here looking at Excitable Boy's signature, and how the crap do they see through those shades?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

What if it is that Team Flare's goal IS initially to make money. They could start of stealing fossils and pestering the people of kalos to get money. But then the twist is, that they never reveal what they want the money for. Maybe their money could be used to fund one of the typical evil plan like catching the mascot legendaries? (Or something more imaginative than that)
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Wasn't the reason they were in the Cold Storage because Clay had taken them into custody, but they escaped when they lowered the drawbridge and ran in there to hide?
    Really? All I remember is hearing that they were spotted in Driftveil, which leads to the player, Cheren and Clay investigating and eventually winding up in the Cold Storage. Still though, a lot of their appearances struck me as kind of pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddysturtwigfanclub
    Maybe their money could be used to fund one of the typical evil plan like catching the mascot legendaries? (Or something more imaginative than that)
    That's an all right idea, actually. I still think that they'll end up going after Yveltal/Xerneas solely for the money (with everything shockingly going awry).

Is anyone else slightly disappointed a the costumes they wear? I am it just doesn't feel right fora villain team in Pokemon to wear. A villain team wearing a suit just doesn't sit with me for some reason maybe its the color. I hope it grows on me though I wouldn't want such a small thing ruin them for me.

Also the money idea is pure gold. So easy to do but so much potential especially since it allows for hidden motives to arise later in the game.

I am thinking they want to make money so they sell stolen/restored fossil/rare Pokémon and then half way through the game some new evil person pays them a lot of money to capture the legendary of X/Y for them. They disturb the legendary and all hell breaks loose and you as the player character have to clean up yet another mess caused by the evil team.

really cant wait to see these guys in game! up until now my fave evil team was TR but if these guys are similar they could win so want to be abe to buy their outfits! oooo and a TR one aswel!

Finally an evil team with red/ginger hair (although my hair is more orange but STILL). Seems like Fire Pokemon will get some love but from a bad team.

I bet the leaders are going to be very very interesting.

Would be really cool if the main leader is female this generation
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    So I'm sitting here looking at Excitable Boy's signature, and how the crap do they see through those shades?
    Everything must be tinted red. Really, really red.

I think Team Flare's greed for money could be portrayed in the games with them trying to capture pokemon and selling them on the black market or something similar.
    Varanus on the General Chat Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You're not a kid anymore once you join this thread. 2 minutes here and all innocence you once had is lost.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

I hope they can make this new "team" feel fresh.

In almost all the games since gold and silver I've just felt like the teams have just been a filler 2 hours to stop you from getting all 8 badges so fast.

I want to want to face the bad guys for once.
    White 2 fc: 4084-6411-0409

Spoiler:- Credit:

I agree with you.
    I think Team Flare will be much more involved in X&Y's plot than some of the other teams, judging by their goal.
    Varanus on the General Chat Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You're not a kid anymore once you join this thread. 2 minutes here and all innocence you once had is lost.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor72 View Post
    I hope they can make this new "team" feel fresh.

In almost all the games since gold and silver I've just felt like the teams have just been a filler 2 hours to stop you from getting all 8 badges so fast.

I want to want to face the bad guys for once.
    agreed BW2's storyline with Plasma was fun the first play through then it became off putting to do any more play throughs because it took so long because of them

Loving everything about Team Flare.
    This evil organization really strikes my interest as they have a very unique goal that separates them from other past evil organizations. Selling Pokemon and Restoring Fossils to make money seems like a neat concept. I also love there uniforms and how they are represented by the flame. This makes sense since the definition of Flare is to flame up with a bright, wavering light. And is also the reason why they use Fire type Pokemon. It will be interesting to see what there actually goal is.

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Pamizard View Post
    Would be really cool if the main leader is female this generation
    That would be interesting. A female gang leader. I hope they go as far as making Team Flare some sort of Pokemon Mafia without the killing. People could just… "disappear".
    Last edited by jonnyc; 13th July 2013 at 12:21 AM.

Focus Blast: "It's a good move with a secondary effect of hitting the opponent"

Uh....what?? Ok name-wise. But using Pokémon to steal money and get rich? I miss Team Rocket
    Gen I:
    Gen II:
    Gen III:
    Gen IV:
    Gen V:
    Gen VI: Gredinja, Aurorus, Aegislash, Dragalge, Trevenant, Xerneas

And anyone else want to speculate where the whole fire theme comes from? It's too… out of the blue to be just a reason to use orange. Flare as in start a fire? A revolution? Some type of double meaning motive that sparks a protest against Pokemon? Thought that wouldn't really work with the money thing.

Focus Blast: "It's a good move with a secondary effect of hitting the opponent"

YESSS please let the leader be a female. An idea i had was she is the top model in kalos and makes a lot of money, which is why she created team flare because she thinks all the money should belong to her. I could see her in this crazy/funky dress as the team flare leader.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    And anyone else want to speculate where the whole fire theme comes from? It's too… out of the blue to be just a reason to use orange. Flare as in start a fire? A revolution? Some type of double meaning motive that sparks a protest against Pokemon? Thought that wouldn't really work with the money thing.
    Some people having suggested that they may end up recklessly endangering the environment in their attempt to gain money, so the phrase "burning resources" comes to my mind.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Isn't it obvious what team flares real goal is? Their real goal is to steal souls.... Cause their all gingers LOL! ;-)

P.s. No offense to any actual red heads out but I couldn't help myself.

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

Page 14 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast