Page 15 of 97 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: The Team Flare Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PokeGoon View Post
    True true, and money can certainly buy power along with the people who were just following the herd. So I guess in some ways he could have realistically done such a feat. That was Cyrus's only logical point though, emotions do cause strife, but they also cause good too. Idk, maybe they just could've done the story better by giving Cyrus more character development like N to make his values seem more understandable and then just having him be that cold, personalityless creep.
    His cold and cruelness was part of his character. He was meant to be seen as deranged, though an effective speaker. He was probably caused some sort of extreme trauma as a child that he blamed on emotions. Perfectly understandable in my eyes, though quite wrong.
    3DS FC: 1048 8840 4517 Ghost
    GIVE US DELTA EMERALD
    OR GIVE US DEATH

Well at least the video game equivalent

A dream 16 years in the making.

All evil teams steal pokemon so if a goal of these guys is to steal rare pokemon in order to make a profit than they would kind of be like team rocket. It would be cool if they used just fire type pokemon because there seems to be more of an abundance of fire type pokes in this gen with litleo, talonflame plus houndour being available in this game, and in one of the earlier trailers, litwick was shown. I don't get why Team Magma and Team Aqua were suppose to represent Fire and Water respectively yet the most common pokes they used were zubat and poochyena. They may also have a hidden purpose that ties in with the legendaries so we will have to wait and see. I like the fact that there goal is not as cliche as some of the previous teams. They are out to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi604 View Post
    Isn't it obvious what team flares real goal is? Their real goal is to steal souls.... Cause their all gingers LOL! ;-)

P.s. No offense to any actual red heads out but I couldn't help myself.
    where does that come from anyway (me being a redhead). I would just like to say the symbol of this team looks kinda weird/simple to me.

I just really don't want to see some dumb grunt using talonflame I like him to much for that.

You know I'm not sure where the saying started but I heard it on South Park.
    Last edited by Avi604; 13th July 2013 at 12:59 AM.

Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOneIX View Post
    where does that come from anyway (me being a redhead). I would just like to say the symbol of this team looks kinda weird/simple to me.
    Well simplicity isn't necessarily a bad thing.

On another note, I'm very much liking the outfits of these new grunts. At first I thought they were kind of weird, but they've grown on me. I also like that the team has the simple, classic goal of straight up wanting to make money. However, there's probably some more to the story that is currently unknown.
    I have claimed Scizor, the king of Bug-Types.
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

Credit for this epic banner goes to Sworn Metalhead of Daedric Design.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    Is anyone else slightly disappointed a the costumes they wear? I am it just doesn't feel right fora villain team in Pokemon to wear. A villain team wearing a suit just doesn't sit with me for some reason maybe its the color. I hope it grows on me though I wouldn't want such a small thing ruin them for me.

Also the money idea is pure gold. So easy to do but so much potential especially since it allows for hidden motives to arise later in the game.
    The whole suit and tie getup could be a nod to various real life crime organizations in Europe like the Corsican/Sicilian Mafia or the Unione Corse/Milieu, just in a faaabulous shade of vermillion (oh, one could also imagine the leader in a blazing red fedora to boot). Also if I remember correctly, money was the driving force behind most of these gangs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    And anyone else want to speculate where the whole fire theme comes from? It's too… out of the blue to be just a reason to use orange. Flare as in start a fire? A revolution? Some type of double meaning motive that sparks a protest against Pokemon? Thought that wouldn't really work with the money thing.
    I mentioned awhile back that symbolically, it was kinda' fitting to have Fire as the 'team type'; fire represents life, the warmth of the sun, and how every living thing needs it to survive, while it can also can bring destruction and death if uncontrolled. This fits the whole life/death 'theme' going around. Apart from symbolism, one can only speculate why it was chosen to represent this gens villains, other than it being the source of a pun.
    Last edited by humilau; 13th July 2013 at 1:13 AM.
    Knarly, dude!

Based on their coiffed hair I wouldn't be surprised if Spritzee was the go to fairy-type for this team.
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/29w0sad.jpg[/IMG]
    Hopes for Megas

[IMG]http://oi41.*******.com/2u4iudy.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by BugPokemonMaster316 View Post
    Well simplicity isn't necessarily a bad thing.

On another note, I'm very much liking the outfits of these new grunts. At first I thought they were kind of weird, but they've grown on me. I also like that the team has the simple, classic goal of straight up wanting to make money. However, there's probably some more to the story that is currently unknown.
    i mean after something like team plasmas symbol (the animation is the best) i wouldve expected something idk more bold i guess. But i still like it though.

i mean after something like team plasmas symbol (the animation is the best) i wouldve expected something idk more bold i guess. But i still like it though.
    Well, I guess they're not trying to be bold really. They don't want to be noticed and just want quick cash. Team Plasma went around trying to liberate Pokémon and they held meetings and such, so I guess that's why they had that bold symbol. My guess is that Team Flare will try to stay under the radar, although I'm not sure how with their bright clothes lol.
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

Quote Originally Posted by BugPokemonMaster316 View Post
    Well, I guess they're not trying to be bold really. They don't want to be noticed and just want quick cash. Team Plasma went around trying to liberate Pokémon and they held meetings and such, so I guess that's why they had that bold symbol. My guess is that Team Flare will try to stay under the radar, although I'm not sure how with their bright clothes lol.
    Right lol, but they are very fashionable.

I would laugh if every time you meet a Team Flare suit they address you as "Mr. Anderson" or "Ms. Anderson" if you play as Serena. Oh come on, I can't be the only one who can see a agent theme from them. It would make for funny XY fanart that's for sure.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

True. They actually remind me of the mafia because of the way they dress.

But I'm really wondering how they tie in with the legendaries if they even do at all. Maybe it's similar to what humilau said a few posts before this.
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

I actually like the whole Suit attire. I think it is different for the franchise but it kinda makes them seem like mobsters, which is cool.

I do feel that the colour of the suit is quite ridiculous; I will probably be inable to take them seriously in the games because of this.

Yeah I like the suits a lot, too. I think they fit the team nicely, what with them being all about money supposedly.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

... does anyone else really want this gen's team to be overall challenging? Of course, not every single Grunt would have a difficult team, but at least have the leader/admins (if there are any) have a decently leveled and/or challenging team each time we fight them. That's one of the things I liked about battling Gettsis end-game in BW, though even he wasn't as challenging as I was hoping.

Image drawn by me~

Quote Originally Posted by humilau View Post
    The whole suit and tie getup could be a nod to various real life crime organizations in Europe like the Corsican/Sicilian Mafia or the Unione Corse/Milieu, just in a faaabulous shade of vermillion (oh, one could also imagine the leader in a blazing red fedora to boot). Also if I remember correctly, money was the driving force behind most of these gangs as well.

I mentioned awhile back that symbolically, it was kinda' fitting to have Fire as the 'team type'; fire represents life, the warmth of the sun, and how every living thing needs it to survive, while it can also can bring destruction and death if uncontrolled. This fits the whole life/death 'theme' going around. Apart from symbolism, one can only speculate why it was chosen to represent this gens villains, other than it being the source of a pun.
    Well, that's considering they don't try to twist the mythos behind Xerneas/Yveltal around like they did with Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem in localized versions of the games. I never would have guessed the Tao trio were based on Yin/Yang/Wuji if the likes of Serebii and Bulbapedia didn't exist. I'm not sure where those "Truth and Ideal" concepts came from, but I don't think those were present in Japanese games. Correct me if I'm wrong, though--I think I may be.

I hope they don't do that this time--Team Flare's lust for money definitely must lead to something else, and your idea may just be that. Maybe they're after money to fund some doomsday machine that'd awaken/manipulate the XY legends somehow? Life and Death (or "Destruction", but I think we know what themes they're aiming for here *wink wink*) are easily the most mature concepts behind mascot legends so far, and I'm eager to see how they handle it...though it isn't looking too good on Yveltal's side. Oblivion Wing still sounds as good or even better than Death Wing, though.
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

I think it's just a little much that they all had red hair (at least the grunts we've seen). I would prefer it if they were more like Magma and Aqua in the sense that the teams wore the colors and weren't dying their hair or whatever Flare is doing to achieve this uniformity. Outfits are plenty enough in my opinion.

A common opinion that I am on board with is that I want the grunts and admins and whoever to use an array of Fire types, new and old. I want to battle a Charmeleon, a Houndour, a Magcargo, a Growlithe, a Darmanitan, a Magmar, a Fletchling, etc etc. Gimme all the Fire types.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    I think it's just a little much that they all had red hair (at least the grunts we've seen). I would prefer it if they were more like Magma and Aqua in the sense that the teams wore the colors and weren't dying their hair or whatever Flare is doing to achieve this uniformity. Outfits are plenty enough in my opinion.

A common opinion that I am on board with is that I want the grunts and admins and whoever to use an array of Fire types, new and old. I want to battle a Charmeleon, a Houndour, a Magcargo, a Growlithe, a Darmanitan, a Magmar, a Fletchling, etc etc. Gimme all the Fire types.
    Besides Moltres and Entei. Unless they possessed them and you have to free them.

The outfits.. the outfits.. I really don't like the outfits.. They seem a bit too plain to be honest. I hope that there will at least be another antagonist team like there was in Ruby/Sapphire.
    Legitimately Caught All 649 Pokémon in White 2: April 12, 2013
    X/Y/OR/AS Living Dex Completed: November 27, 2014
    3DS FC: 0103-9971-7893

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    Is anyone else slightly disappointed a the costumes they wear? I am it just doesn't feel right fora villain team in Pokemon to wear. A villain team wearing a suit just doesn't sit with me for some reason maybe its the color. I hope it grows on me though I wouldn't want such a small thing ruin them for me.

Also the money idea is pure gold. So easy to do but so much potential especially since it allows for hidden motives to arise later in the game.
    Are you kidding? The outfits are freaking AWESOME! I love Team Swag....or Flare as they're officially called.

And I agree that the "money mystery" is pure gold. It'll be fun to figure out what their true plan is. It'd be perfect if they don't reveal the true plan and you can actually be surprised when you play the game and figure it out by yourself.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

They don't want to be noticed and just want quick cash.
    Because wearing bright orange/red and styling their hair that way definitely says 'don't notice me' :P

Nah just kidding, I love their outfits. But it also makes me wonder if this team won't bother going undercover and will just convince people they are some sort of orange... circus... group.... organization thing who wants to donate all of their money to charity but secretly stashes the money. Sort of like Team Plasma, I suppose, but different somehow.

Image drawn by me~

Quote Originally Posted by GatedSunOne View Post
    Well, that's considering they don't try to twist the mythos behind Xerneas/Yveltal around like they did with Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem in localized versions of the games. I never would have guessed the Tao trio were based on Yin/Yang/Wuji if the likes of Serebii and Bulbapedia didn't exist. I'm not sure where those "Truth and Ideal" concepts came from, but I don't think those were present in Japanese games. Correct me if I'm wrong, though--I think I may be.

I hope they don't do that this time--Team Flare's lust for money definitely must lead to something else, and your idea may just be that. Maybe they're after money to fund some doomsday machine that'd awaken/manipulate the XY legends somehow? Life and Death (or "Destruction", but I think we know what themes they're aiming for here *wink wink*) are easily the most mature concepts behind mascot legends so far, and I'm eager to see how they handle it...though it isn't looking too good on Yveltal's side. Oblivion Wing still sounds as good or even better than Death Wing, though.
    It was in the games as part of the mythos but more prominently featured in the anime I guess.

A doomsday machine sounds wicked. Perhaps they start by exploiting pokemon to make money (a la Team Rocket), then perhaps the ultimate prize of either Xerneas or Yveltal, just for the glamour of it, but their true intentions are only known by a select few higher ups, or maybe only one mastermind, and that is to capture the legends with said machine to power some sort of pokemon 'creation' device (think real life version of Pokebuilder or maybe Movie 1 with the clones). That ties in the whole DNA motif as well.
    Knarly, dude!

It would be cool if there was another team called Team Chill which used Ice types and Team Flare and Team Chill would have an Aqua and Magma sort of relationship.:3
    Black 2 Team:

Diamond Team:

Platinum Team:

SoulSilver Team:

FireRed Team:

Red business suits, red sunglasses, and wavy hair is not fashionable.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'm liking the simplicity of the outfits (even though the red is a bit...loud). I find these much more
    appealing than the goofy knight costumes that Team Plasma wore. Hopefully their motives reflect their outfits and it's
    not some "take over the world/region by summoning the cover mascot" plot that's been done the past three generations.
    I think GF can think of a unique idea that makes this team just as sinister without the same cliche story.

Page 15 of 97 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast