Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2410

Thread: The Team Flare Thread

I wouldnt be suprised if Team Flare's pokemon consisted of pokemon that the previous game villians use.

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

Quote Originally Posted by flawlessazn View Post
    I wouldnt be suprised if Team Flare's pokemon consisted of pokemon that the previous game villians use.
    They're mostly using Fire types, so there may be a couple we've seen on the villain's team before, but not a whole lot.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    They're mostly using Fire types, so there may be a couple we've seen on the villain's team before, but not a whole lot.
    I just hope they aren't too similar to Team Magma in terms of Pokémon used. I want it to be more interesting than just the Zubat line and a Kalos-native Fire-type line.

EDIT: Totally forgot about Baltoy and the Ground-types on Team Magma. That's what I get for not having played Ruby or Emerald in four years...
    Last edited by EverChanger; 8th September 2013 at 5:30 PM.
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by EverChanger View Post
    I just hope they aren't too similar to Team Magma in terms of Pokémon used. I want it to be more interesting than just the Zubat line and a Kalos-native Fire-type line.
    I think that'll largely depend on the Fire types in the Regional Dex.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by EverChanger View Post
    Team Magma are really a ground type team, they also use Baltoy.

Team Magma's Grunts only used 3 different Pokemon is RS, namely Zubat, Poochyena, and Numel. In Emerald, some Grunts used Mightyena and Baltoy.
    While Maxie and his admins only used the evolved forms of the 3 Pokemon.

The Plasma Grunts in B2W2 actually had a good variation of Poison and Dark-type Pokemon, especially those you fought in the Frigate.
    I expect Flare to do the same. But I agree with Hydrohs that the amount of Fire-types in the Dex will limit their teams. I think they won't be limited to Fire types though.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Team Magma's Grunts only used 3 different Pokemon is RS, namely Zubat, Poochyena, and Numel. In Emerald, some Grunts used Mightyena and Baltoy.
    While Maxie and his admins only used the evolved forms of the 3 Pokemon.

The Plasma Grunts in B2W2 actually had a good variation of Poison and Dark-type Pokemon, especially those you fought in the Frigate.
    I expect Flare to do the same. But I agree with Hydrohs that the amount of Fire-types in the Dex will limit their teams. I think they won't be limited to Fire types though.
    They'll have to branch out, unless we have an abnormal overload of Fire types.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    They'll have to branch out, unless we have an abnormal overload of Fire types.
    It seems so, especially as they have had to draft in Houndoor and Houndoom to be Fire-type fillers already on Team Flare.

I can see Grunts with Fletchling considering it has fire type family and access to moves like flame charge. With them, Litleo and Houndour, that's three families of fire types in Kalos so far, regional rodents, dogs/cats and bats often show up in each team. That's a fair amount compared to previous ones.

No team has ever stuck to just one type of Pokemon; even Magma and Aqua ran Zubat line and Poochyena line alongside Numel line/Carvanha line. A selection of Fire-types, a regional rodent/canine/feline/mammalian quadruped, a bat Pokemon, Dark-types, and Poison-types would give them a reasonably large pool of Pokemon to pick from.

shame Bulbapedia no longer has the listings of the Pokemon species each Team uses

Forgot about Flareon, that's another possibility.

I hope that team flare has tons of zubats as I am now outsourcing my zubat breeding program /cackle. It's nice to see that all the evil in the Pokemon world is moving away from the mafia and cults towards the true embodiment of evil: corporations!

Ahem. Anyways I hope the grunts don't just copy team magma's grunt and go with the zubat/dark type/ fire type mantra. I'd like to see a lot of variation in that I want to see grunts with mixed poison and dark types similar to team plasma. A spattering of "mean looking" normal and steel types would be nice as well greater variability in their Pokemon team's make-up would also be greatly appreciated. I must admit that I'm tired of fighting the random grunt with a poison type in their 1st slot, a dark type in their 2nd slot, and their team's "theme" Pokemon in their 3rd slot.
    3DS FC: 4785-5475-7913. Friend safari: fire w/ Growlithe, Larvesta, and Fletchinder.

Favorite obtained 6th gen shiny sprites: 658, 681, and 697

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    Forgot about Flareon, that's another possibility.
    Them using an Eeveelution would be a shocker to be honest. Like using a Starter. I know a Starters were used by evil organizations before, but those were only in spin-offs. If they did it in a main game, it would be interesting I'd say.

I believe Team Flare will use many fire types from gen's past and future. Also the Boss (who I hope is female this time) could end up having these Pokemon and some could mega evolve:
    My predicted Main Villain boss team: Charizard, Blazakin, Houndoom, Crobat. IDK what else he/she could have but it's a big possibility that there are more to come lol

Also my GF brought this up, but what if this game were to have the Villainous team to have 2 Leader's, like Identical twins. Would add a big plot twist imo!
    Let's Rock and Roll!

FireRed/White2 Team:
    HeartGold Team:
    Black and White Team: <--Very unnatural team lol
    Platinum Team:
    Favorite Pokemon:
    -Favorite Types: Electric, Fire, and Flying-

Quote Originally Posted by cyberworrier94 View Post
    Also my GF brought this up, but what if this game were to have the Villainous team to have 2 Leader's, like Identical twins. Would add a big plot twist imo!
    I don't know if it would be a plot twist really (unless you mean a case of beating one, only to have him say, "You bested me... Now go face my brother! He's your real opponent!" or something...), but I suppose it could be interesting. Then again, I'd be happy with any twist at all really. Or none at all, so long as Team Flare is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberworrier94 View Post
    I believe Team Flare will use many fire types from gen's past and future. Also the Boss (who I hope is female this time) could end up having these Pokemon and some could mega evolve:
    My predicted Main Villain boss team: Charizard, Blazakin, Houndoom, Crobat. IDK what else he/she could have but it's a big possibility that there are more to come lol

That would be a great twist. Like Tate and Liza. That moment was something very cool, i never had seen 2 gym leaders and 2 evil bosses would be really cool. Or maybe we could have 1 twin be the real boss and the other serves as a decoy and is the one that appears in the biggining. Later on you find out that he's/she's just a fake and the real one is the twin. That would be a cool twist.
    THE HYPE IS REAL! HOENN IN 3D! My favorite gen! <3 you GF

<3 you: greninja, furfrou, meowtic m, barbaracle, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, avalugg, noivern, yveltal, megaY, mega megamegamegamega

the very best:

Quote Originally Posted by magma grunt edu View Post
    Or maybe we could have 1 twin be the real boss and the other serves as a decoy and is the one that appears in the beginning.
    That was done with Team Cipher.

Colosseum or XD? I didn't play colosseum and i don't remember XD anymore. Or they could have 1 good twin and the other being the boss. The good twin could team up with you against the boss and an admin in the encounter with him before the final one, like the steven and you vs tabitha and maxi in the rocket platform in emeald.

<3 you: greninja, furfrou, meowtic m, barbaracle, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, avalugg, noivern, yveltal, megaY, mega megamegamegamega

the very best:

Colosseum or XD?
    It was done in Colosseum. Es Cade, the mayor was the Cipher Head, known as Evice.

So it's not as new as i thought. Still, if the boss turned out to be the bosses and if the final battle would be a 1 on 2 or a 2 on 2 with the help of one of your friends, i would like that very much.

the very best:

So it's not as new as i thought. Still, if the boss turned out to be the bosses and if the final battle would be a 1 on 2 or a 2 on 2 with the help of one of your friends, i would like that very much.
    Personally, I'd like it to be a 1 on 1. Because I'm in it for the EXP. I'd love to team up with a friend like when we had to do it with Steven and Jun(Barry) though.

Anyone here hoping the main boss will act like Walter White, or the evil team acts like Walter's crew (yes I know I am referencing Breaking Bad, but who could blame me, tonight's episode was OMG!).
    Let's Rock and Roll!

FireRed/White2 Team:
    HeartGold Team:
    Black and White Team: <--Very unnatural team lol
    Platinum Team:
    Favorite Pokemon:
    -Favorite Types: Electric, Fire, and Flying-

It would be cool if the main boss was actually the pokemon league champion. That would be something very unexpected since all champions before were so benevolent. It would be an awesome plot twist not seen in any other pokemon game. It would also give ash a reason to actually win a pokemon league in the anime. You know to dethrone the corrupt champion. Just a tought.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilFreddyJ View Post
    It would be cool if the main boss was actually the pokemon league champion. That would be something very unexpected since all champions before were so benevolent. It would be an awesome plot twist not seen in any other pokemon game. It would also give ash a reason to actually win a pokemon league in the anime. You know to dethrone the corrupt champion. Just a tought.
    That would also be really good. A corrupt league with bribed elite 4 or admins and after you beat the boss/champ there would be a tottaly new league post-game with all net elite four and champion. That would be totally unexpected and cool.

the very best:

That would also be really good. A corrupt league with bribed elite 4 or admins and after you beat the boss/champ there would be a tottaly new league post-game with all net elite four and champion. That would be totally unexpected and cool.
    Who would we fight then? XD

Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast