Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 2410

Thread: The Team Flare Thread

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK/Yorkshire/Leeds
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    the outfits and the way they look in the pictures remind me of some form of dance crew

    also the fact they don't have facial features could represent them wanting to stay faceless in society while they do bad things - I think this will be the grunts but the leaders will have faces

  2. #152
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Mars...
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Am I the only one who dislikes the uniforms? It's too orange.
    Favorite Pokemon
    Azumarill

    Favorite Game
    Pokemon Black 2

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naistheais View Post
    Am I the only one who dislikes the uniforms? It's too orange.
    Actually, I think the suits are red. It just doesn't translate well become of the quality of the photograph and the glare.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,109

    Default

    I like the idea of an evil team being obsessed with money, that's a pretty realistic motive. I hope there's a hidden motive behind it, though, that's what made Team Plasma so amazing in BW1. Also, the money theme could be epicly hilarious for the lower ranked grunts if they come up with crazy "Step 2: ??????, Step 3: Profit" schemes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naistheais View Post
    Am I the only one who dislikes the uniforms? It's too orange.
    It's not the color scheme that bothers me as much as the clothing style, business suits and sunglasses do not really fit evil team grunts.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 11th July 2013 at 8:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Man, the female grunt. I need to convert her to the side of good. She has no business being part of an evil team.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The House That Never Was
    Posts
    1,823

    Default

    I can see money working very well as a main motive. Money is the root of all evil - a reference to the Yggdrasil tree. This will easily connect the legendaries to the evil team's motive, because money plays a big part in the general themes of life and destruction. With X, the plot could focus on Flare's desire to make money by tearing down the forests of Kalos. They could come very close to destroying the entire region's forests until Xerneas appears to stop them and return the region to its former glory. Y could focus on money's destructive power on civilization, and Yveltal could appear to prevent them from tearing apart the region, as that would mean it would have to be rebuilt again.
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé


    Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon


        Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:


  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,563

    Default

    I like the motive of money, personally the taking over the world destruction plots tend to be to cliche and more of the same thing rehashed. I assume there is another motive though, there is probably something else rooted besides the motive to make money.

    I can see the leader being some type of Cruella De Ville type character.
    #BuyUltraviolance

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    233

    Default

    The name obviously gives way that many grunt and leaders of team flare would have fire pokemon and possibly plain and dark possibly letting us Know that plenty of fire pokes will be in the game. I like the motive of money as well. It's something new and I would like to see how it turns out. May e we will see team flare in a lot of place trying to take over big corporation
    White FC: 026097666713

    Black 2 FC:219464649535

    Pokemon X FC: 1435 4420 0503


  9. #159
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    57

    Default

    A Madame Boss-like leader for this team would be so great indeed.
    What I want is that neither legendaries are part of this new team schemes or both legendaries get involved
    Something that has always annoyed me is that the other legendary is absent from the region, I know it's done for version exclusiveness so they make us buy both versions, but in-game it doesn't have sense for such a prominent being to the region lore to be missing.
    One of the reason I love so much HGSS since you can catch both Ho-Oh and Lugia :3

    A piercing gaze that makes you swallow... forever lurking in the shadows...

  10. #160
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,450

    Default

    The grunts have nice outfits, I'll give them that. I'm not impressed by their goal of making money though. That seems a little too tame; I really hope they have some other, more sinister motive.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMarauder View Post
    A Madame Boss-like leader for this team would be so great indeed.
    What I want is that neither legendaries are part of this new team schemes or both legendaries get involved, something that has always annoyed me is that the other legendary is absent from the region, I know it's done for version exclusiveness so they make us buy both versions, but in-game it doesn't have sense for such a prominent being to the region lore to be missing.
    One of the reason I love so much HGSS since you can catch both :3
    Yes, but if both get an equal role, like both on the same side, what would be the point of having two different mascots.

    Though I wouldn't mind if they control the opposite Pokemon, Like B/W, but you can catch it later on like in HG/SS

    I hope they have a mask on. They have less facial expression then Kristen Stewart. And that's saying something.

    I'm betting on a mostly Fire/Electric/Poison/Dark theme. Electric because of game balance, and Electric-Types have flair!

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Caemlyn, Andor
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Perhaps the life and death theme of the legends will be explored throughout the game along side the 'evil' team. For example, Team Flare is focused so much on making money that they don't consider the ephemeral quality of life, and finally when they acquire their end goal something catastrophic but unrelated happens. Then Yvetal/Xernias steps in and the main character has to deal with that problem, too.

    Ie. two main problems: 1) Team Flare is taking advantage of people to make money and 2) Natural catastrophe involving the main Legends occurs.

    Edit: The two would tie in because Team Flare would be the first half of the game, but when they realize there is more to life than money the second half of the game focuses on the bigger, worldly problem. ... Something like that. / ramble

    Image drawn by me~

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    The grunts have nice outfits, I'll give them that. I'm not impressed by their goal of making money though. That seems a little too tame; I really hope they have some other, more sinister motive.
    I think it's quite likely that there's another motive that only the leaders know about. It's been done by Ghetsis and Cyrus before, so I'm expecting something to be happening behind the scenes. After all, they've got to have some reason for wanting all that money, right?
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  14. #164
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,450

    Default

    I really hope there's more to Team Flair/Flare (which translation is correct?) because right now they seem more like money-obsessed business people/fashion models and I can't take that seriously. I'm also getting villain vibes from the new professor; I wonder if he's their leader or something.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I really hope there's more to Team Flair/Flare (which translation is correct?) because right now they seem more like money-obsessed business people/fashion models and I can't take that seriously. I'm also getting villain vibes from the new professor; I wonder if he's their leader or something.
    The fact that both the Professor and Team Flair/Flare are right next to each other does seem kind of curious, though it's probably to soon to make such connections just yet. The Professor does seem to give off a different kind of presence than previous Professors, I'll give him that, and then there's the fact that he battles you as well. I'm actually interested in seeing how this all plays out with Team Flair/Flare.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  16. #166
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Route 12
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Hmm does anyone else want to see a Women lead the evil team this time around. Sure in Team Rocket we had executive Ariana, Team Aqua/Magma we had Admins Shelly(Aqua), an Courtney(Magma), with Team Galactic we had Commanders Mars, an Jupiter, but none in Team Plasma besides the grunts. Sure there high ranks on in the Team but there's never been a female leader running the whole thing. I just think it would be a nice change is all.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

    3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    philly
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    Hmm does anyone else want to see a Women lead the evil team this time around.
    I hope so, Leader of and Evil Organization is a male dominated field

    but them being obsessed with money is actually a nice change of pace, Magma/Aqua was a breathe of fresh air from TR schemes, Team Galactic took it to another level, and Team Plasma was entertaining but kind of meh.....

    I could honestly see Team Flare capturing the X/Y legendary and trying to sell it or force it to do stuff to make them money. (sounds good to me)

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Etro's Throne
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    i expect their battle music is very jazzy/funky. Also cant help to think of mirror b for some reason.

  19. #169

    Default

    Not really fond of the 'money plot'. I hope they have bigger plans.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    A State
    Posts
    247

    Default

    why do the grunts remind me of the Duke of Detroit's henchpeople?
    Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh I HATE the Macarena!

    Black FC: 0389-8081-4375
    White FC: 3009-7392-4895
    Black 2 FC: 2323-3950-3357
    White 2 FC: 2967-6401-6065
    3DS FC: 0173-1521-1168 (Witha FS Of Rock containing Pupitar, Dweeble and Barbaracle)

  21. #171
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    I bet the prof. his their leader!!

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    2,596

    Default

    I sort of have this nagging feeling the professor is going to pull a Colress on us and actually is Team Flare's Treasurer or some type of Admin of sorts, considering he battles you a few times I wouldn't be surprised by this. Especially since his arm's almost look like the saint has been crucified pose. More like a joker laughing at the world before his death, seriously... Anyways I do agree that we should have a female leader for this team. I will laugh if it's Elesa or a long lost, jealous sister to Elesa.

    My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

    Credit to EG for Banner.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    325

    Default

    I really hope they go back to the RGB/GSC style where the villains where just that. I have enjoyed RSE, DPP and BW2, but it would be nice to see a team that doesn't care about the cover legends. I remember how much more bad-*** Team Rocket seemed compared to the newer teams. Too me illusion of grandeur isn't as intimidating as organized crime.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I really hope they go back to the RGB/GSC style where the villains where just that. I have enjoyed RSE, DPP and BW2, but it would be nice to see a team that doesn't care about the cover legends. I remember how much more bad-*** Team Rocket seemed compared to the newer teams. To me illusion of grandeur isn't as intimidating as organized crime.
    True dat. It's a good thing the developers are returning to something more realistic. Encountering God Pokémon is pretty daunting, but it isn't common, so it doesn't seem to much of a threat.
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I really hope they go back to the RGB/GSC style where the villains where just that. I have enjoyed RSE, DPP and BW2, but it would be nice to see a team that doesn't care about the cover legends. I remember how much more bad-*** Team Rocket seemed compared to the newer teams. Too me illusion of grandeur isn't as intimidating as organized crime.
    I disagree, at least with the cases of Platinum Galactic and BW Team Plasma. In those games, manipulating legendaries wasn't just an illusion of grandeur. It was a very real threat. Cyrus almost managed to destroy the universe and still created a portal to the Distortion world that threatened Sinnoh. N was recognised as the hero by R@m and considering what Ghetsis had achieved so far with N and to an extent the people of Unova, his ambitions were also a very real threat.

    This could apply to Magma/Aqua since they were *******es but I feel that having a mafia archtype when you can create some really great and original plotlines using this world is a bit of a letdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •