Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2410

Thread: The Team Flare Thread

Spoiler:- :

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKreach View Post
    Also, how do you pronounce his name? I've been pronouncing it Lie-san-durr, but I've heard other pronunciations too. Any clue as to which is correct?
    I don't know what the "correct" pronunciation is, but I say "Lye-sahn-drey."
    Last edited by Endolise; 18th October 2013 at 7:11 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post

I don't know what the "correct" pronunciation is, but I say "Lye-sahn-drey."
    I may be wrong here, but I'm 99% sure the correct pronunciation would be "Leh-sand-ruh" or "Luh-sand-ruh" (I suck at spelling out phonetic pronunciations)
    3DS FC #1: 1822 0176 2432 - ~~Safari Type: Fighting (Tyrogue, Mienfoo, Pancham) - Jake~~

3DS FC #2: 0189 9381 2703 - ~~Safari Type: Poison (Venomoth, Gloom, TBD) - Jakeup~~

Feel free to add me, PM me if you do and I'll be sure to reciprocate.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKreach View Post
        Spoiler:- Plot and character details:
    Well, he doesn't appear again and everyone refers to him in the past tense.
    I've always pronounced it Lie-san-dre (As in Andre).
    My Platinum Team:

My OmegaRuby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Dormant View Post
    Wow, so Team Flare is basically a team full of rich snobs?
    A team full of rich snobs with the ideals of angsty teenagers.
    Trainer name: Liam (I'm usually up for casual battles now...)

Friend Codes Pearl: 5113 7483 6924 White: 0562 7412 3100
    "While working on my PokéDex, I looked all over for Pokémon. Not only that, I assembled teams that would beat any Pokémon type. And now... I'm the Pokémon League Champion! Red! Do you know what that means? I'll tell you. I am the most powerful Trainer in the world!"
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2jdqr5x.jpg[/IMG]

I've been wondering what happened to Lysandre as well...

Spoiler:- An idea:
    Looking for ANY legit Diancie! I have various things for trade. Please PM/VM if you have one.

FC: 5284 2722 8575

P o k e m o n A l p h a S a p p h i r e

Spoiler:- personality tests, quiz results etc.:

Yeah, but then, the energy destroied the lab. So that, i think he was talking that they would live forever as ghosts. When the machine was used in AZ and floette, it didnt destroi anythyng.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Caster View Post
    A team full of rich snobs with the ideals of angsty teenagers.
    Sounds pretty accurate to me. Lysandre was pretty crazy thinking a world with only team flare would be beautiful. I would go as far to say the sun will commit suicide several billion years early to prevent earth from becoming such an eyesore

Did anyone else think Lysander's decision to terminate pokemon for a beautiful future spat in the face of everything N believed in? I mean I was impressed that Pokemon brought up real world issues like the concern of diminishing resources in a growing population. Team Flare's conflict and how the story resolves it does give me hope for some reason that there maybe a way to solve this issue. kinda surprising for something most people call a kids game

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Of Keys View Post
    Did anyone else think Lysander's decision to terminate pokemon for a beautiful future spat in the face of everything N believed in? I mean I was impressed that Pokemon brought up real world issues like the concern of diminishing resources in a growing population. Team Flare's conflict and how the story resolves it does give me hope for some reason that there maybe a way to solve this issue. kinda surprising for something most people call a kids game
    It doesn't matter what N believed in, N is some other character from some other game.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Of Keys View Post
    Did anyone else think Lysander's decision to terminate pokemon for a beautiful future spat in the face of everything N believed in?
    I... guess? They're two different characters; it is probable that they would have two different belief sets... N's beliefs kind of spat in the face of Cyrus' too, in a way
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I really sont think Lysander throught through the kind of people he was letting into team flare. All of these team flare minions were rich idiots lacking any personality or emotion. And THESE were the people he wanted to start a new world with? He should have rounded up all his minions up and blown them all to kingdom come, making the world a better place by ridding it of these idiots. tHAT would have been a better plan.
    My Pokemon Y friend safari: Normal type (Lillpup, Minccino & Eevee)
    Seeking dragon safari - Dratini!

My Black 2 PWT Singles Champion teams
    Team 1: Team 2:

My Black 2 PWT Type Expert champions
    Normal: Grass: Fire: Water:
    Electric: Ice: Fighting: Poison:
    Ground: Flying: Psychic: Bug:
    Rock: Ghost Dark: Steel:
    Dragon:

3DS Friend code: 0903-3206-5594

Spoiler:- Just a minor opinion. Not a big deal.:

I'm also curious as to Lysandre's fate, which could either open up in the new Z game or even a numbered sequel. Whatever Game Freak has in mind. I almost envision him as a cyborg... kind of crazy, I know, and it probably wouldn't happen, but just seeing him in that machine for his last battle made me think it. I also hope AZ gets a much bigger role in the next game.

As for Lysandre's name, I pronounced it "Lih-SAWN-drey."
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

I really wish they had made the scientists more interesting, giving them more chances to be involved in the story and develop a personality, maybe a backstory here and there..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I really wish they had made the scientists more interesting, giving them more chances to be involved in the story and develop a personality, maybe a backstory here and there..
    They seem to have done what they did with the Plasma Sages. Quantity over quality.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

For the record, I've been pronouncing Lysandre like

Lice-and-der
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    Description: I am sexy
    ~I Like Boys~

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic Oshawott View Post
    For the record, I've been pronouncing Lysandre like

Lice-and-der
    I've forgotten the French references in the game, and I've been saying his name like "li-sahn-dray", basically like saying the name Andre, with a "ly" in front of it. But it might be "Lih-saun-druh". Anyways, there's been a lot of great perspectives on Team Flare here. Lysandre seemed to have good intentions at first, but he was just too idealistic and his overall plans for the killing of many humans and pokemon was so over the top! Seems like he'd be a good candidate for one of the Dragon Heroes in Unova, given their history with Kalos.

Lysandre an team flare = the KKK
    Fancy outfits, idealistic looking from the outside, but really sinister past the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Haack v2 View Post
    Lysandre an team flare = the KKK
    Fancy outfits, idealistic looking from the outside, but really sinister past the surface.
        Spoiler:- When can we stop using tags?:
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Yeah, but they did hate a group, everyone else :P
    I'm new here, don't shoot please.

It's completely different. Even ignoring that, they didn't even hate everyone else.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

It's kinda crazy how dark this game was... On the surface it's just another typical happy go lucky Pokemon game with silly bad guys in funny looking suits but once you delve deeper into their cause you realize their ideals are actually legitimate. Overpopulation is a very real problem in the world today their approach is just the most extreme way of dealing with it.
    Hoenn Squad

Ah ok ok you win this time lol
    I'm new here, don't shoot please.

They only targeted everyone else because it seemed to be the most practical solution - cut the number of people, save big on resources.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    Sounds pretty accurate to me. Lysandre was pretty crazy thinking a world with only team flare would be beautiful. I would go as far to say the sun will commit suicide several billion years early to prevent earth from becoming such an eyesore
    A planet filled with rich snobs... I shall call it, Planet Richass!

One Author, One Creator and Two boys. Set in Johto. Where everything is not what it seems. For they must flee from the group called the Grammar Police. And saved the World from an unknown threat.

Credits to ~BrightStarVictory~ of Subspace Generate Graphics!

So Bad It's Good and, So Bad It's Good 2: War of the Turkey

Oneshot(s)! It's-IT'S. It's.....Something. Caution: May shatter your sanity. Read, if you dare.....

My Author's Profile

It's weird, but for the past two gens, both evil teams have been based on certain ideologies that I personally can't stand.

Spoiler:- Plasma and Flare:

The only things that bothered me about Flare was how pointless the scientists were (they barely turned up) and also how most of their evil schemes and motives occurred/were shown between the 6th and 8th gyms rather than being spread throughout the game. Their actual plan was a great idea though - legitimate villainy that made you feel that they HAD to be stopped immediately.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast