Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2408

Thread: The Team Flare Thread

The more i think of team flame the more i think someone in Gamefreak was obecessed by the Dan Brown novel "Inferno"
    3ds friend code: 0989 - 1816 - 0688

Read this.

I just got to where Lysandre meets his fate(or so it seems), and I have to say, even though he didn't show up much, even less than Colress in BW2, he definitely impressed me. For a while I thought his goal would be to bring peace by subjugation, maybe because of his noble ancestry(which by the way, is something you still see in France), but when he revealed [SPOILER] he was willing to sacrifice -all- the pokemon in order to avoid them ever being used as weapons and future fights, despite obviously appreciating them [/SPOILER] that got me.

Also, for those who were wondering about how to pronounce his name- in french, I would say it as 'Lee saun dre'. Take the Lee from Hitmonlee, the saun of sauna, but the 'dre' just doesn't exist in english, it has the throaty 'r' sound in french.
    That said, if there isn't a thread on the meaning of location names somewhere already, I can translate.. :P
    3DS Friend Code:2337-4136-5473

Teams in a X/Y playthrough can change quickly! Here's what I have currently:
    Venusaur, Mawile, Meowstic(male), Farfetched, Lapras, Goodra

I don't know, that whole     Spoiler:- SPOILER:
    thing was kind of thrown in out of nowhere. It was like, "Hey, we need something to make this bad guy unique...Uh, I know!"

That's not to say I'm complaining. I was just like, "Whoa, didn't see that coming," haha.
    Spreading love for N with every post. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
    thing was kind of thrown in out of nowhere. It was like, "Hey, we need something to make this bad guy unique...Uh, I know!"

That's not to say I'm complaining. I was just like, "Whoa, didn't see that coming," haha.
    It fit with what Lysandre wanted all along. Not sure if that qualifies as "thrown in out of nowhere".
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    It's weird, but for the past two gens, both evil teams have been based on certain ideologies that I personally can't stand.

Spoiler:- Plasma and Flare:

The only things that bothered me about Flare was how pointless the scientists were (they barely turned up) and also how most of their evil schemes and motives occurred/were shown between the 6th and 8th gyms rather than being spread throughout the game. Their actual plan was a great idea though - legitimate villainy that made you feel that they HAD to be stopped immediately.
    Galactic's plan was an example of idealistic extremism too, if a bit further out of the realm of possibility than Plasma's or Flare's.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarkles View Post
    Also, for those who were wondering about how to pronounce his name- in french, I would say it as 'Lee saun dre'. Take the Lee from Hitmonlee, the saun of sauna, but the 'dre' just doesn't exist in english, it has the throaty 'r' sound in french.
    That said, if there isn't a thread on the meaning of location names somewhere already, I can translate.. :P
    Just for the record, Lysandre's Japanese name is Fleur-de-lis, so factor that in as you may.

Well, there wasn't much of a reason to hint at it beforehand; by the time it was mentioned, he already had the weapon primed and ready to use and you were interrogating him about it so to me, it felt like a natural progression of that interrogation. "Okay you've got this big weapon and you want to destroy everyone but what about Pokémon? How do they play into this?"
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

before the game came out, i was like:''gotta get froakie, cuz team flare has fire types'', but when the game came out, i was like:''meh, choose fennekin, there are lots of water types in the game anyway''.
    Why do your best if we all eventualy die?

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    It fit with what Lysandre wanted all along. Not sure if that qualifies as "thrown in out of nowhere".
    There's quite a jump between "wanting the world to remain beautiful" and "absolute genocide of all except a few." Transition-wise, it could've been led up to better, or at least implied better.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

A bit late, but I really like the Flare scientists. Galactic's Charon pushed me away from the idea of Team scientists, but these ones are all unconventional and creative.

The admins are odd, but the scientists are cool. Mable is my favorite. I guess it's so because I've been a fan of crazier admins and higher ranked Team members, a reason why I wasn't too much of a fan for Plasma, Magma, nor Aqua.

I don't know why people have been saying they can't take Lysandre seriously with his hairstyle. I find it much more fitting than the Flare grunts' hair and Xerosic's.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    A bit late, but I really like the Flare scientists. Galactic's Charon pushed me away from the idea of Team scientists, but these ones are all unconventional and creative.

The admins are odd, but the scientists are cool. Mable is my favorite. I guess it's so because I've been a fan of crazier admins and higher ranked Team members, a reason why I wasn't too much of a fan for Plasma, Magma, nor Aqua.

I don't know why people have been saying they can't take Lysandre seriously with his hairstyle. I find it much more fitting than the Flare grunts' hair and Xerosic's.
    I actually like the Flare Admins (and their outfits) more than the lady scientists. Xerosic is great though.
    But when I found out that there were more of them, I felt a bit disappointed.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Xerosic is great though.
    His tiny tie is too comical for me to take him seriously...

I've never understood where the organizations go after being defeated. They just seem to disappear...unless I'm remembering things incorrectly.

I must say though, the whole     Spoiler:- Spoiler:
    conspiracy really interests me.
    3711-7728-5652

Isn't anyone else obsessed with Lyssandre Cafe theme? sounds evil and eerie, i really like it
    youtube.com/watch?v=0GT1kQJUjFs
    SHINY COLLECTION

Quote Originally Posted by Vikings View Post
    I've never understood where the organizations go after being defeated. They just seem to disappear...unless I'm remembering things incorrectly.
    Well that depends on which one you're talking about.

Rocket was officially disbanded by Giovanni, but the cell in the Sevii Islands were unaware of that fact until Red came along and informed them. After that, they carried out a revival in Johto in order to attract Giovanni's attention, but they failed due to Ethan/Lyra's interference.

Aqua and Magma both disbanded after Archie and Maxie "saw the light" or whatever.

Galactic was left in Saturn's hands who decided to reinvent Team Galactic as a legitimate energy research organization. A splinter group led by Charon tried to obtain the Magma Stone so that they could extort money from the people of the Battle Zone, but they were stopped by Lucas/Dawn and Looker.

Plasma went two ways after Hilbert/Hilda; while N ran off to another region and the Sages were tracked down and arrested, Ghetsis escaped custody with help from the Shadow Triad and went into hiding. A number of grunts decided to atone for their actions by working to return the Pokémon that the organization had stolen (these members eventually came under the leadership of Rood (who I'm guessing got let out on good behavior or something), Anthea, and Concordia). Other members probably just went off to do whatever, and yet others still stayed loyal to Ghetsis' ambitions.

Plasma 2 also went two ways; some members stayed with Colress and relocated to Route 18 where they worked to atone and figured out where they wanted to go from there, while others probably just "ran off to do whatever," like some of the Plasma grunts before them.

I'm guessing that a lot of Flare grunts     Spoiler:- :
    , but others still seem to be around, having rethought their ways.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I don't know if anyone's commented on this or not in this thread so far, but unless I'm mistaken, Lysandre's ultimate plan in Y basically amounts to
        Spoiler:- PLAN!:

And then I made myself feel sad.

Credit for picture: "Emma" (littlebuster-k2); Credit for signature: 9dragonsbreed
    So you should expect the truth from me. Only, you shouldn't expect it to be the truth you assumed.
    Oh yes, and you should read my story Happenings Between Goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Well that depends on which one you're talking about.

Rocket was officially disbanded by Giovanni, but the cell in the Sevii Islands were unaware of that fact until Red came along and informed them. After that, they carried out a revival in Johto in order to attract Giovanni's attention, but they failed due to Ethan/Lyra's interference.

Aqua and Magma both disbanded after Archie and Maxie "saw the light" or whatever.

Galactic was left in Saturn's hands who decided to reinvent Team Galactic as a legitimate energy research organization. A splinter group led by Charon tried to obtain the Magma Stone so that they could extort money from the people of the Battle Zone, but they were stopped by Lucas/Dawn and Looker.

Plasma went two ways after Hilbert/Hilda; while N ran off to another region and the Sages were tracked down and arrested, Ghetsis escaped custody with help from the Shadow Triad and went into hiding. A number of grunts decided to atone for their actions by working to return the Pokémon that the organization had stolen (these members eventually came under the leadership of Rood (who I'm guessing got let out on good behavior or something), Anthea, and Concordia). Other members probably just went off to do whatever, and yet others still stayed loyal to Ghetsis' ambitions.

Plasma 2 also went two ways; some members stayed with Colress and relocated to Route 18 where they worked to atone and figured out where they wanted to go from there, while others probably just "ran off to do whatever," like some of the Plasma grunts before them.

I'm guessing that a lot of Flare grunts     Spoiler:- :
    , but others still seem to be around, having rethought their ways.
    I mostly meant about Flare, but there are others. Plasma I fully understood after the end of BW2, since they really went into depth with the story and explained the aftermath. Aqua and Magma both seemed to just kind of fade away to me. The whole "they realized their mistakes and are good guys now!" never really left me satisfied.

As for Flare though...
        Spoiler:- Flare:
    3711-7728-5652

According to Bulbapedia, Lysandre was buried in the HQ: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lysandre
    For all of the speech affiliated with Malva, and her Flaring up, go here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Malva
    AZ captured my attention, so I searched him too and, according to Bulbapedia, he has, or had, a younger brother, now deceased. Perhaps he died in the Kalosian war...or was killed by the ultimate weapon. Or the whole BW two brothers thing is actually AZ and his younger brother, it seems to fit the same timeline - this may explain the statues in the Parfun Palace Gardens (which give me a Taj Mahal vibe, what the Taj Mahal being white and a black one supposedly being for the architect). Roughly 3000 years ago in Gen V, the events with the two brothers occurred, and the Relic Items at the Abyssal Ruins were made (500 years later, 2500 before Gen V, the Relic Castle was at its peak as part of a city. This surely has a link to the Relic Items, and with AZ being immortal and 3000 years old plus as of Gen VI, it could be him, and the story between the city and the brothers could be likened to the Legend of Rome, where one brother killed the other for power or whatever). AZ: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/AZ:
    You rock, and you rule!

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do anything. Truth is, you can do anything.

Aim for the top, and be...a Pokémon master!!!
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Pokémon X team:
    - Froakie
    - Torchic
    - Bulbasaur
    -?????
    -?????
    -?????

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosharp_98 View Post
    According to Bulbapedia, Lysandre was buried in the HQ: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lysandre
    Well of course Bulbapedia would say that; it's what happens in the games. Not to mention that Bulbapedia is edited by people just like us who tend to not have any knowledge that we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosharp_98 View Post
    Perhaps he died in the Kalosian war...or was killed by the ultimate weapon. Or the whole BW two brothers thing is actually AZ and his younger brother, it seems to fit the same timeline - this may explain the statues in the Parfun Palace Gardens (which give me a Taj Mahal vibe, what the Taj Mahal being white and a black one supposedly being for the architect). Roughly 3000 years ago in Gen V, the events with the two brothers occurred, and the Relic Items at the Abyssal Ruins were made (500 years later, 2500 before Gen V, the Relic Castle was at its peak as part of a city. This surely has a link to the Relic Items, and with AZ being immortal and 3000 years old plus as of Gen VI, it could be him, and the story between the city and the brothers could be likened to the Legend of Rome, where one brother killed the other for power or whatever). AZ: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/AZ:
    It was explained by the reference materials in the back of Lysandre Labs that AZ's brother led an army of greedy individuals and intended to seize the Kalos region for himself, but when he saw the destruction that the ultimate weapon had brought, he decided to bury it for good. On his deathbed, he told his children the location of the weapon and said that humans must create a world where such a weapon is unnecessary. Therefore, he would not have been a participant of the war that took place 3000 years ago (in fact, he seems to have missed it entirely). Additionally, he is Lysandre's ancestor, as Lysandre was said to be a descendant of AZ's brother.

The Parfum Palace was built only 300 years prior to the events of XY (after Kalos won a war against its neighboring regions), so it is highly unlikely that either of the Unovan brothers had anything to do with it.
    Last edited by Endolise; 28th October 2013 at 2:31 AM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

From all the Flare people, I think the most interesting ones are

Spoiler:- these two + reason:

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I just finished the Flare story today and it felt pretty weak, IMO. There just wasn't enough there. One thing I did like though, is that they seem to use better Pokemon than say... Team Rocket.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

*Looks at Lysandre's official artwork; blushes immensely* Lysandre looks so amazing I just love him so much. I can't believe he gets buried under rubble though; I really hope he's still alive and returns in the next series of games. He's too awesome to die in X/Y. I love Team Flare if only because Lysandre is hot knows how to get things done and is actually threatening.

Team Flare was probably my least favorite team in the series. It's funny how their name is Flare and yet they were one of the most bland and uninteresting teams to date in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Swampert is my Homeboy View Post
    Team Flare was probably my least favorite team in the series. It's funny how their name is Flare and yet they were one of the most bland and uninteresting teams to date in my opinion
    Team Aqua/Magma were my least favorites.

Their leaders were such morons...
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

What bothers me the most about Team Flare's goal is how many real-life people I've seen saying that they had the right idea. How exactly is     Spoiler:- SPOILER:
    going to change anything? If anything, there would only be a greater concentration of horrible people on the planet. Yeah, that's a great idea.
    Spreading love for N with every post. <3

What bothers me the most about Team Flare's goal is how many real-life people I've seen saying that they had the right idea. How exactly is     Spoiler:- SPOILER:
    going to change anything? If anything, there would only be a greater concentration of horrible people on the planet. Yeah, that's a great idea.
    It's going to save resources, which is the whole point.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    It's going to save resources, which is the whole point.
    It's really short-sighted though. Granted, overpopulation is a problem, but the mass destruction that it would bring would remove resources from the planet, exacerbating the problem. On top of that, the world would probably descend into chaos as most people who kept the order and law would be gone and with the aforementioned lack of resources, there's more a reason to fight over what's left. So essentially, things would get far worse before they got any better.

Then again, that's probably the intent, Lysandre's gotten to the point of that extreme and believes that it honestly would be better regardless.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    It's really short-sighted though. Granted, overpopulation is a problem, but the mass destruction that it would bring would remove resources from the planet, exacerbating the problem. On top of that, the world would probably descend into chaos as most people who kept the order and law would be gone and with the aforementioned lack of resources, there's more a reason to fight over what's left. So essentially, things would get far worse before they got any better.

Then again, that's probably the intent, Lysandre's gotten to the point of that extreme and believes that it honestly would be better regardless.
    Well, Lysandre was in the grips of despair and a little off his rocker to boot. There was probably a part of his mind that felt that it would just be easier if he could "reboot" the world with a smaller population. Although I don't think that there would have been much of a problem concerning society disintegrating into chaos, as the plan was to kill everyone who wasn't already devoted to Lysandre's goals. :P Anyone left would be taking orders from him.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast