Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2410

Thread: The Team Flare Thread

I guess I've been playing RPGs long enough to the point where you notice the game isn't that subtle on revealing who the villains are.
    When starting the game, you get news of Team Flare, and encounter an NPC with bright tall/spiky red hair... It's one of those sarcastic moments of 'Gee, I wonder who this guy in red hair really is' while in a bright red cafe... To be honest, Team personality is a bit weird, but I'm also not a fan of the bright red.

Storywise, I guess it is a bit interesting, especially on the background and history of it. The game talked about a 3000 year war, with a weapon that resulted in the death of many pokemon and humans. Apparently, that's how it influenced Lysandra. Had some 'selfish' goals, and was also afraid that the population would overgrow too much to sustain itself.
    It's a weird plot, but oh well. It felt a bit more morbid and mature than the previous games, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Kitsuneko; 30th October 2013 at 6:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuneko View Post
    I guess I've been playing RPGs long enough to the point where you notice the game isn't that subtle on revealing who the villains are.
    Well...

...they were never really subtle to begin with
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I'd say the more a character appears and actually looks different from most NPCs, the more obvious that they have something to do with the plot. Oh, and dialogue probably has a part in it too. They really can't get away from being attention grabbing since most of the villain's dialogue pretty much makes it obvious. lol

Image by もちづき
    ...Your tender smile and our petty squabbles...
    Just how much are all those supposed to have toughened me up?

Yeah. I guess I was just expecting Team Flare to be more... you know deceptive and sneaky in their schemes. I suppose it has to be that way for the Pokemon games for the target audience. Grunts being as bumbling as losing a key to the power plant xP.

I find most Grunts amusing due to their dialogue before and after a battle. :P

Image by もちづき
    ...Your tender smile and our petty squabbles...
    Just how much are all those supposed to have toughened me up?

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Well, Lysandre was in the grips of despair and a little off his rocker to boot. There was probably a part of his mind that felt that it would just be easier if he could "reboot" the world with a smaller population. Although I don't think that there would have been much of a problem concerning society disintegrating into chaos, as the plan was to kill everyone who wasn't already devoted to Lysandre's goals. :P Anyone left would be taking orders from him.
    Potentially, but in times of restructure there's always some chaos and strife. Most will probably listen to him, but with so few left and a huge world to take advantage of, there's no doubt that there will be some selfish people that try to take advantage of the situation and make their own interpretation of the world.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 30th October 2013 at 9:33 AM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

It's going to save resources, which is the whole point.
    That doesn't make it right. Genocide is never justifiable, even if it's to save resources. But it scares me that so many people think it's a *good* idea, or make the boss of Team Flare out to be some sort of praiseworthy individual.
    Spreading love for N with every post. <3

Lysandre seems to be a hybrid of Cyrus intentions and N's curious personality who's against people like Ghetsis. What's most curious about this Antagonist is that he not only develops a proper relationship with the characters (excluding N) but he also is familiar with the professor of the region. I think the point of this villian was to keep his intentions a surprise rather than his identity as leader of Team Flare. What questions me the most about is Lysandre is why the fine for entering team flare is so high?
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

I don't think Lysandre died in theh hideout... in pokemon z (I think) the stories of xerneas VS Yveltal and Zygarde will be revealed... LIFE VS DEAD and zygarde... REGENERATION maybe?? Pokemon z (if it Z) will be a revelation... the story in this games wasn't that interisting except for AZ (which stills a mystery...)

__________________________________________________ _
    Pokemon X Version Friend Code: 5043 3821 1755

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Shard View Post
    I don't think Lysandre died in theh hideout... in pokemon z (I think) the stories of xerneas VS Yveltal and Zygarde will be revealed... LIFE VS DEAD and zygarde... REGENERATION maybe?? Pokemon z (if it Z) will be a revelation... the story in this games wasn't that interisting except for AZ (which stills a mystery...)
    Zygarde it's Order wich means he punish those who release Xerneas and Yveltal to fight
    3ds friend code: 0989 - 1816 - 0688

Read this.

Well...

...they were never really subtle to begin with
    To be honest... N doesn't look like a villlain so it is a little more subtle. (Though the intro did ruin the surprise. As well as Dennis' hair)

But come on, even the Team Rocket trio and motherfreaking Nascour did a much better job at hiding their identities than Lysandre. He should take lessons from Evice, if people in Kalos ain't as oblivious as Ash Ketchum in terms of disguise.

One Author, One Creator and Two boys. Set in Johto. Where everything is not what it seems. For they must flee from the group called the Grammar Police. And saved the World from an unknown threat.

Credits to ~BrightStarVictory~ of Subspace Generate Graphics!

So Bad It's Good and, So Bad It's Good 2: War of the Turkey

Oneshot(s)! It's-IT'S. It's.....Something. Caution: May shatter your sanity. Read, if you dare.....

My Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Demon View Post
    What questions me the most about is Lysandre is why the fine for entering team flare is so high?
    It funds the organization. Those suits probably aren't cheap. Plus, charging a price so high that only certain people can afford it
        Spoiler:- :

Quote Originally Posted by Dormant View Post
    To be honest... N doesn't look like a villlain so it is a little more subtle. (Though the intro did ruin the surprise. As well as Dennis' hair)
    But then there was also N's dialogue which was quite a giveaway.
    Last edited by Endolise; 30th October 2013 at 3:47 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

But then there was also N's dialogue which was quite a giveaway.
    For me it was the theme...
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Let's pretend for a moment this took place in real life.

All these people would be arrested in minutes.

And they wouldn't be able to hide anywhere because of their orange uniforms.

Though I do like how their motives remain pretty much a mystery for much of the game. The teams from other games tended to give away their evil plans rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvis View Post
    Let's pretend for a moment this took place in real life.

All these people would be arrested in minutes.

And they wouldn't be able to hide anywhere because of their orange uniforms.

Though I do like how their motives remain pretty much a mystery for much of the game. The teams from other games tended to give away their evil plans rather quickly.
    So, you're saying that a country and everybody who wears orange will get arrested?

What kind of society do we live in to get to this?

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    So, you're saying that a country and everybody who wears orange will get arrested?

What kind of society do we live in to get to this?
    Orange? No. Orange matching custom-made suits, matching orange hair, and sunglasses? That's a pretty reasonable case.

Orange? No. Orange matching custom-made suits, matching orange hair, and sunglasses? That's a pretty reasonable case.
    Well I guess anybody who works at a place that makes them wear business suits as a part of the dress code better prep themselves for some jail time.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

I don't think orange is a common color for business suits.

I don't think orange is a common color for business suits.
    It is irrelevant.

People don't get arrested for dressing the same way.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Well

[spoiler]i think the plot with team Flare was acctually done well. To me, N and Cyrus where just as obvious; but see, in a 3d world, you're bound to notice it more. Right? I mean, picture a three dimensional Cyrus stalking aroung with some posse of followers between you and him after you get your first gym badge saying "WE WILL DESTROY AND RULE DA WORRRRRLDZ!!1! U N00B KIDDIES CAN'T BE AS AWESOME AS US CAUSE ONLY OUR BOSS WILL LIVE AND KILL EVERY POKEMANZ AND HUMANNNNN!" That's what my first play of Diamond was like to me, and that was right as I was getting fully into pokémon c,x then N, well... BW's plot, nomatter how many of the designs I feel aren't the best, will always make me cringe a bit. But only because it relates to alot of what I hear about animals as loving pets (you'll get what I mean right away if you know of what some groups I am thinking of). What I mean is, how plasma/N advertised that pokemon should be free, that they shouldn't be with humans and 'controlled' by them for entertainment, denying that pokemon and humans alike loved eachother. I honestly liked that plot. Alot. For once, one of the villians was acctually young and just manipulated by who (possibley?) raised him.

But with X Y, I still liked the plot alot. To me, it was better than johto, kanto, sinnoh or hoenn games. It was a bit darker(no, not as in evil darker, as in emotionally(sad, anger etc) and just as in human behavior that I did see resembled better than in previous games) than destroying the world flatly for no apparent purpose besides ego or wanting more land and sea, or flat out wanting money.

I'll admit it, the ending got to me a bit, when Floette returned to AZ. And poor Yveltal when they almost killed it for it's energy... It sounded and looked to be in acctual pain as it woke up. IDK if the same is for Xerneas, but I'd assume so right?

And when I fought team Flare, their intros made be crack up instead of just some creep walking over to a ten year old saying "Halt meddling kid. I cannot let you pass." and throwing a pokemon at them. And how one of the main charas insulted them once by claiming their fashion sense was poor, which they always gloat about xD

Just imo[/spoiler]

Quote Originally Posted by fuchsia View Post
    IDK if the same is for Xerneas, but I'd assume so right?
    It is the same, yes.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Well I played through Pokémon Y and got to that point!

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    Well I played through Pokémon Y and got to that point!

Spoiler:- Spoiler:
    There are some still kicking around around Kalos.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Wanna talk about weirdness in Team Flare....how about dem Admins?

I'm used to Team Admins being unique characters, so uh...when an army of clones of them showed up right before you encounter the box legendary...that kind of took me out of the moment a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    Wanna talk about weirdness in Team Flare....how about dem Admins?

I'm used to Team Admins being unique characters, so uh...when an army of clones of them showed up right before you encounter the box legendary...that kind of took me out of the moment a bit.
    The true admins in this game were the scientists, I'd say. The ones labeled as admins were really just stronger grunts and not really representative of the usual admins we get.

Although four of the scientists were pretty much clones of each other anyway.

Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast