Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2408

Thread: The Team Flare Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    I have seen what you answered me and of course I didn't take it as a fact, but at least I was right in recalling it.
    Seriously though, if they will ever do a Z version, will the Team Flare appear again?
    In B/W the return of the Team Plasma was somewhat predictable considering Ghetsis' and N's situation.....
    We don't even know if it will be a sequel again. Could simply be the regular third version of old.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    We don't even know if it will be a sequel again. Could simply be the regular third version of old.
    A sequel again wouldn't be bad, but I have a feeling that will just make the version you said.
    Perhaps with the E4's Pokčmon becoming a bit stronger after being defeated for the first time; the story focusing more on AZ and Lysandre etc....
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

God I hope not. That would be one hell of a backward step.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    The game's plot is not really open-ended. The in-game events all happened so fast but is complete as it is.
    I'm guessing a third version that has a more expanded and more elaborate storyline is more likely.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Implying that B2/W2 were a forward step. There's not really a whole lot of reason to care about the plot in a Pokemon game, they're pretty shallow. Sequels accomplish the same thing as a regular third version, although they do potentially make more money.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

You're all going to be wrong when it's a prequel starring Sina and Dexio dealing with the other team that was mentioned (if it wasn't team flare).

Spoiler:- irrelevant text:
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Implying that B2/W2 were a forward step. There's not really a whole lot of reason to care about the plot in a Pokemon game, they're pretty shallow. Sequels accomplish the same thing as a regular third version, although they do potentially make more money.
    B2W2, while not perfect was a much better step then what it would've been as a retold story. There's not much that they can redo with the elements that were set up in BW and make them better because it was fine on its own whereas continuing the story allowed them to address elements that would've been harder to do without it.

So I agree with Endolise and Diakyu, it would be a step backwards to go back to the retold story. Team Flare I'll admit was underdeveloped but there's more that they can do with continuing the story then just rewriting it. Just use those past characters and flesh them out from their experiences, then have those elements addressed in the story.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 17th November 2013 at 5:39 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

*learning how to use spoiler tags*

Spoiler:- Question about Flare:

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    The game's plot is not really open-ended. The in-game events all happened so fast but is complete as it is.
    It doesn't have to be. RBY's plot wasn't very open-ended either and yet those still got sequels in the forms of GSC. And I would say that there are still a fair few things left to explore, or that could potentially be explored, at least.

There's not really a whole lot of reason to care about the plot in a Pokemon game, they're pretty shallow.
    Well, I do care. Shallow or not, the plot is there, Game Freak put effort into it, and I enjoyed it. They probably could get away with an entirely plot-less game, just as they could get and have gotten away with selling what is essentially the exact same game with a few new features, but they don't. They don't just tack on the story as an afterthought; in the case of XY, they're even releasing an official story guide later this year. So clearly, they care about it as well.

Sequels accomplish the same thing as a regular third version, although they do potentially make more money.
    They may accomplish the same thing, but they are not the same thing, and that is why sequels are a forward step. What is the point of buying Diamond or Pearl when you can wait a few years for Platinum to come out? You will get essentially the exact same experience as you would get with DP, but with a Battle Frontier. As somebody who has only ever played Platinum, I can say that I do not feel as though I have missed out on anything by not playing Diamond or Pearl.

Black 2 and White 2, however, are entirely different games from Black and White. Different plot, greatly modified region, several new areas, an incomparably larger amount of available Pokémon - yes, the "collect Badges and beat the bad guys" formula is the same, but that is the case with literally every main series installment. The difference is that you could by both Black and Black 2 and not only would you get two individually complete plots that form one interconnected story due to their nature as sequels, but you would also get two different experiences just as you would by buying, say, FireRed and HeartGold.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
        Spoiler:- Question about Flare:
    It isn't entirely clear, so it's basically up to one's own interpretation. Some people believe that he did, and others believe that he did not. I am one of those who like to think that he did.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I assume-

Spoiler:- Lysandre's fate:
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I would damn cry if there was a third version instead of sequels. I only bought White 2 because it was a sequel to White...if there was, say, a Grey Version, I wouldn't have bought it because I just don't like to buy two of the same game on general principle.

A third version would just expand the existing story and add a couple of new Pokemon (basically, what the first two versions should've been, a la Platinum in regards to Diamond and Pearl). A sequel? Throws the existing distribution out the window and actually advances both the story and the in-game world. White 2 had a radically different Pokemon distribution and introduced new areas, and showed what the other characters got up to after the first game. Gold/Silver and Black 2/White 2 are superior to games like Emerald and Platinum in terms of actually being worth buying.

Lightbulb Team Flare (Pokemon X & Y) and Master Albert (from Mega Man ZX Advent)--Coincidence?

Hey... that thing about Team Flare wanting to destroy the world and make it start over beautiful (not really much a spoiler since it's stated in the Legendary Pokemon section of X & Y in the main Serebii.net site).

I dunno about you... but it reminds me of Master Albert, the main antagonist of Mega Man ZX Advent--as he wanted to do something similar.

I mean, sometimes games borrow plot devices from one another. I'm just saying that Team Flare's leader and Master Albert had one thing in common--they wanted to "reset the world". But that's just my observation on the matter.
    "Advice is free, Alexander. Making use of it costs much more!" -Ali the bookshop owner, from King's Quest VI.

Maverick Hunter D-Boy reporting for duty!
    loves !

Quote Originally Posted by DBoyWheeler View Post
    Hey... that thing about Team Flare wanting to destroy the world and make it start over beautiful (not really much a spoiler since it's stated in the Legendary Pokemon section of X & Y in the main Serebii.net site).

I dunno about you... but it reminds me of Master Albert, the main antagonist of Mega Man ZX Advent--as he wanted to do something similar.

I mean, sometimes games borrow plot devices from one another. I'm just saying that Team Flare's leader and Master Albert had one thing in common--they wanted to "reset the world". But that's just my observation on the matter.
    Let's see...

Flare wanted to beautify the region for themselves.
    Cyrus wanted to recreate a world for himself.
    Plasma wanted to freeze the region for themselves.
    Magma wanted to expand the land for themselves.
    Aqua wanted to expand the sea for themselves.
    Rocket just wants to take over the world.

Almost every villain wants one thing for themselves. No matter what means they use, it's still world domination... for themselves.

Let's see...

Almost every villain wants one thing for themselves. No matter what means they use, it's still world domination... for themselves.
    Selfish monsters! Giving villains such a bad name. We should call their mothers.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

Quote Originally Posted by DBoyWheeler View Post

I think that the concepts of genocide and social purity/uniformity go back a little bit farther than that.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Let's see...

that is true, but many of them want to improve the world and think that what they are doing is for the better. however, the end does not always justify the means.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Why can't they make a team that

1. Does not have a gawdy unifrom.
    2. Does not have every single member EVER....use the same exact pokemon over and over again.
    3. Actually do evil and hurt or kill people or pokemon in game.
    4. be named something stupid and have everyone obviously be a part of them because of their uniform.

They are suppose to be organized criminals and last time I checked. Mafia members looked just like everyone else in the world.

Oh and.

5. WTF is up with everyone being called a TEAM? Why can there just for one time in the history of pokemon. Be someone as an actual CRIME LORD...and not play it off like its a sports team and be TEAM this and TEAM that?

YAkuza does not call themself a team so why should they?
    MY Friend code. (if you add me pm me with yours)

3668 8584 2784

I have Wooper, Dugtrio and Palpitoad

Let's see...

Well, not exactly.

Magma and Aqua were more or less doing their schemes due to their misguided beliefs in that it would help everybody, while N and Colress weren't really into the whole domination thing, although I guess hat since they were front Leaders and aghetsis the real one that can be excused.

And, BW Plasma was mainly comprised out of N's Party, so, yeah.

And, well, was world domination ever stated for Rocket?
    It seemed more like a random collection of stuff to make money/bring Gioanni back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasarto View Post
    Why can't they make a team that

1. Does not have a gawdy unifrom.
    2. Does not have every single member EVER....use the same exact pokemon over and over again.
    3. Actually do evil and hurt or kill people or pokemon in game.
    4. be named something stupid and have everyone obviously be a part of them because of their uniform.

They are suppose to be organized criminals and last time I checked. Mafia members looked just like everyone else in the world.

Oh and.

5. WTF is up with everyone being called a TEAM? Why can there just for one time in the history of pokemon. Be someone as an actual CRIME LORD...and not play it off like its a sports team and be TEAM this and TEAM that?

YAkuza does not call themself a team so why should they?

because it is pokemon thats why... I'm sure they will never change this

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    And, well, was world domination ever stated for Rocket?
    It seemed more like a random collection of stuff to make money/bring Gioanni back.
    I always felt like Team Rocket was just there, doing evil things for the sake of being an evil team. Especially in Johto, nothing they did really seemed to be cohesive or relevant to anything, other than being a random group of evil guys in black uniforms scaring people. And of course their final move of trying to bring back Giovanni. Though honestly, I'd also like to know when world domination was explicitly stated as a goal for Rocket, because I can't remember when/if that happened.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I always felt like Team Rocket was just there, doing evil things for the sake of being an evil team. Especially in Johto, nothing they did really seemed to be cohesive or relevant to anything, other than being a random group of evil guys in black uniforms scaring people. And of course their final move of trying to bring back Giovanni. Though honestly, I'd also like to know when world domination was explicitly stated as a goal for Rocket, because I can't remember when/if that happened.
    "Steal Pokémon for profit.
    Exploit Pokémon for profit.
    All Pokémon exist for the glory of Team Rocket."

They want all the Pokemon for themselves.
    Well, it's not really mentioned, all their criminal activities will eventually lead to that, if they were not defeated and disbanded.

Well, it's not really mentioned, all their criminal activities will eventually lead to that, if they were not defeated and disbanded.
    So it's just sort of an implication then. Eh, not like the villain plot was a big of the games back then like it is now, so I guess that can kinda explain Johto. Still doesn't seem like anything more than random criminal acts there, other than for the sake of villainy. Sure, some of Team Flare's stuff kinda felt like that, but since they had a clearly stated goal by the end, some of that came together.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Yeah, Team Rocket's finale had them take over Silph Co like terrorists, so they can get the means to catch even more Pokemon. No one, not even Giovanni, explicitly states that they want world domination.

Basically, they're a more ambitious yakuza group.

That's not really world domination, though.

And, I thought of that to be more that Pokémon make profit, and since all Pokémon exist for Team Rocket, they make more profit.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    That's not really world domination, though.

And, I thought of that to be more that Pokémon make profit, and since all Pokémon exist for Team Rocket, they make more profit.
    I don't think it's quite that simple. If one were to look at Pokemon Origins, since it's basically an animated retelling of the First Generation, Team Rockets profit primarily comes from illegal means, like selling pokemon through the black market, funding and conducting inhumane experiments on Pokemon for self-interest, and all that other baddie stuff. Team Rocket to me represents those companies that seek money above all else, and is willing to break the law and a few bones to achieve maximum profit.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast