Page 88 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2408

Thread: The Team Flare Thread

If Team Flare got rid of all Pokemon, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having Pokemon to use in the first place? (Unless, similar to Ghetsis' plan, they only spared the "beautiful" Pokemon.)

Meh, personally, I liked Cipher from Pokemon Collosseum and Pokemon XD better, because they were evil enough to even corrupt Pokemon into Shadow Pokemon, and even made them attack humans. In a future handheld Pokemon Saga, they need to include Cipher in some form, to combine the usual catching of wild Pokemon with Snagging and Purifying Shadow Pokemon--in a handheld!
    "Advice is free, Alexander. Making use of it costs much more!" -Ali the bookshop owner, from King's Quest VI.

Maverick Hunter D-Boy reporting for duty!
    loves !

Quote Originally Posted by DBoyWheeler View Post
    If Team Flare got rid of all Pokemon, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having Pokemon to use in the first place? (Unless, similar to Ghetsis' plan, they only spared the "beautiful" Pokemon.)

Meh, personally, I liked Cipher from Pokemon Collosseum and Pokemon XD better, because they were evil enough to even corrupt Pokemon into Shadow Pokemon, and even made them attack humans. In a future handheld Pokemon Saga, they need to include Cipher in some form, to combine the usual catching of wild Pokemon with Snagging and Purifying Shadow Pokemon--in a handheld!
    Cipher was created by a completely different company than GameFreak, so don't count on that.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by DBoyWheeler View Post
    N...no? The Pokémon that they have can help to further their goals... and then they kill them.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

When I came across the first Team Flare grunt in the game I was genuinely "spooked" for an instant. I dunno, the weird shades that gave him a less human first impression, the ominous sound effects and the way the camera zoomed on him made it scary for a moment. This all ended when he started talking and then posed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Amethyst View Post
    I don't think it's quite that simple. If one were to look at Pokemon Origins, since it's basically an animated retelling of the First Generation, Team Rockets profit primarily comes from illegal means, like selling pokemon through the black market, funding and conducting inhumane experiments on Pokemon for self-interest, and all that other baddie stuff. Team Rocket to me represents those companies that seek money above all else, and is willing to break the law and a few bones to achieve maximum profit.
    I meant that that is how I interpreted the slogan, of course money is above all else regarding Team Rcoket, since they have literally nothing else going for them.

Quote Originally Posted by YonaNoveau View Post
    When I came across the first Team Flare grunt in the game I was genuinely "spooked" for an instant. I dunno, the weird shades that gave him a less human first impression, the ominous sound effects and the way the camera zoomed on him made it scary for a moment. This all ended when he started talking and then posed, though.
    The Team Flare Admin in the Power Plant...
    I first thought he had an Afro, then a white hat, then when the battle starts, I thought he was bald, then, when the battle ends, it's shown he just has horribly short hair.
    He legitimately freaked me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    N...no? The Pokémon that they have can help to further their goals... and then they kill them.
    then they would be on the same level as their enemies. surely you would keep your pokemon to be more powerful.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    then they would be on the same level as their enemies. surely you would keep your pokemon to be more powerful.
    What enemies? Had their plan gone off, Team Flare would be the only people left.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Hilarious fact- Go back to Lysandre Labs after you crush team flare and go to the room with beds in it and that guy gives you taunt- they will still be there as if nothing happened.
    Pokemon archetypes I hope to see in future generations: Zombie, Minotaur, Centaur

My 3ds friend code: 3523-2525-4960
    safari pokemon: Drowzee, Espurr and Duosion
    Pm me if you wish to add me to the list.

I guess that's done so that you can't accidentally skip over Taunt (which is an oft used move in competitive I believe), and saves them coding in a new scenario for you only visiting the room after beating team flare.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalKing1417 View Post
    Hilarious fact- Go back to Lysandre Labs after you crush team flare and go to the room with beds in it and that guy gives you taunt- they will still be there as if nothing happened.
    The man who chased after Shauna and Trevor at the factory is also still in Laverre City still looking for them.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    The man who chased after Shauna and Trevor at the factory is also still in Laverre City still looking for them.
    After you actually defeat the champion, if you talk to him he says he's quitting Team Flare. It's a bit of an odd delay, but at least they put some attention into that.
    "I now understand the basics of battle, but have much yet left to learn of combat. While I can hold my own, I cannot call myself anything more than a trainer"

is no one talking about how malva pretty much admitted she was a member of team flare? why else would she have one of the keys to the lower level of the lab
    you can call it anything you want, i still call it GOOd (get it, its a goodra joke)

current shinies in x/y (Flora), (Sonnet), (Ashen), (carbunkle)

It's been brought up a few times, but there's not really much else to say on the matter.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Team Flare: Join us if you are rich, dress well, not use fire type pokemon and promote mass genocide of both pokemon and humans alike :3

Looking for the following shinnies in pokemon X and Y;
    i do not care of their stats, nature, lvl nor their IV's... nicknames of choice would however be nice:

Friend code: 3497-0565-9525

Okay so-
        Spoiler:- Event pokemon spoilers:
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I have to say that Team Flare easily is one of the best criminal teams in the series - I thought that you battled them quite a lot and their story and motive is creative and much more interesting than the typical 'Steal the pokes'.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Okay so-
        Spoiler:- Event pokemon spoilers:
    Well, you have to consider that this is an event, and you have to keep in mind that there are other Power Plants.
    So, the first blackout would be different with this one.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro-Chaos X View Post
    I have to say that Team Flare easily is one of the best criminal teams in the series - I thought that you battled them quite a lot and their story and motive is creative and much more interesting than the typical 'Steal the pokes'.
    I'm not particularly sure about this. Team Flare have gone under a bit of controversy, mainly for this very reason, and everything around it:

Spoiler:- Whom Team Flare are based on (DON'T CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT GAME SPOILERS):
    You can find me in these locations as well:

YouTube
    Knux's Super Mario Bros. X Forums
    SMBX Revived
    FutureNyanCat2002's SMBX Forums

Black 2 FC: 3053-9852-8499 (Bowser)
    3DS FC: 3136-7939-0916

Quote Originally Posted by castlewars View Post
    I'm not particularly sure about this. Team Flare have gone under a bit of controversy, mainly for this very reason, and everything around it:

Spoiler:- Whom Team Flare are based on (DON'T CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT GAME SPOILERS):
    The big difference here is that Hitler wanted to eliminate those he felt were sub-human (Jewish, gays, cripples, gypsies etc) and create a world with only the one true master race. Team Flare wants to eradicate as many living things as possible, without discriminating, to lessen the strain on the world.

That's quite a difference.

Indeed. I personally don't think it's based on that. Especially as there's other small details which don't fit that theory either. 'It's in France which is next to Germany' is not a strong point either, to be frank.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Frankly I find the idea of Flare, especially the idea of the single qualifier for membership and thus survival being based in payment, to be heavily steeped in the idea of (and subsequent abuse of) indulgences. To simplify the concept, it was a payment to the church in the hopes of being forgiven sins, and some treated it as a way to buy their ways into heaven (though it wasn't supposed to be used as such, there was a loooooot of corruption going on). Even those who firmly believed in it would abuse the system, and Lysandre seems to be one of those sorts. Only he's in the role of the church, accepting money from those who want to be saved.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

After battling them so much.. I DIG THE MUSIC. DA-Duh-duh-diiinn..da-diinnn.... etc.

Spoiler:- team flare clothes:

Spoiler:- TF members:
    Last edited by Kacho; 15th December 2013 at 8:15 AM.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
        Spoiler:- team flare clothes:
    It is just a fashion prop.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

They're very '80s. I sort of want to see someone make a music video with Flare cosplayers (and Galactic ones too--they're also trés '80s music, though Flare is more '80s fashion).
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

I think they could've made Team Flare meaner. Maybe its just me.
    FORMER Fairy Gym Leader
    Alvar Badge
    Elve Badge
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) FairyWitch(userbar)

Page 88 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast