Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2385

Thread: The Team Flare Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

I dunno if this has been mentioned before, but I was wandering around Kalos talking to random NPCs.
    A girl in Anistar mentions that before Team Flare showed up, there was another group of people searching for the version specific legendary.

What are your thoughts?

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I dunno if this has been mentioned before, but I was wandering around Kalos talking to random NPCs.
    A girl in Anistar mentions that before Team Flare showed up, there was another group of people searching for the version specific legendary.

What are your thoughts?
    I remember that girl. It doesn't seem like a far stretch to say that this NPC is alluding to a future game(s) in the same fashion as B2/W2, maybe actually with a totally new team around. Team Flare probably has nothing to do with what she's talking about. Seeing as the player character catches the version legendary, this could prompt a response from said group to try something new.

Another thought is that this group would end up being a group in whatever region the Backpacker who gives the Strange Souvenir talks about. I could see them trying a new region right away (and I'm applying the logic Marriland used in a video about the topic of future games), but at the same time, I can't see them leaving Zygarde out, especially with its poor BST for a legendary that has a clear connection with Xerneas/Yveltal.

This is all speculation, though, so it's kind of a shot in the dark.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post

What are your thoughts?
    What if they found the Legendary opposite of the version you're playing? I could see them set up as the sequel team if we have sequels of course. In X2 you would face a team with Yveltal and in Y2 they would have Xerneas. Throw Zygarde in and a new region and BAAM, sequel.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    What if they found the Legendary opposite of the version you're playing? I could see them set up as the sequel team if we have sequels of course. In X2 you would face a team with Yveltal and in Y2 they would have Xerneas. Throw Zygarde in and a new region and BAAM, sequel.
    Eh, it worked for BW2.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Pokemon can be good if you lower your standards a bit, and not expect anything good.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Eh, it worked for BW2.
    Minus the new region of course, it was just a massive facelift for the region.

Back on topic: Team Flare was incredibly weak and non-threatening. Worst crime syndicate in a Pokémon game yet I feel!

Gotta say, I liked the ending to the Team Flare plot, it reminded me of Fullmetal Alchemist and WWII (and since this region is France, I have a feeling that's what they might've been alluding to), I wouldn't have expected the plot to get that dark. Most of the rest of the plot, though, was really boring, Team Flare doesn't really do much until the Power Plant incident and even then, most of their actions were generic evil team stuff.

As for future games, I agree that we're probably going to see a new team in a new region that relates to this game's plot, and will probably go after Zygarde.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Team Flare was the best XD

Team rocket: Lets use pokemon to benefit our company buy stealing them and then selling them!
    Team aqua/magma:Lets expand the sea/land! I hate you! No I hate you! Water rules! Land is superior!
    Team galactic: Lets make the three legendary pokemon make an entirely new world for us!...Why not just go after Arceus? I mean he made the worlds in the first place :/
    Team Plazma: Pokemon and humans don't mix. Lets make pokemon and people separate regardless of whether or not they want to be together. Team Plazma knows best.

Team Flare: I hate everyone...lets just kill them all. Yveltal! suck the life force out of everyone but team flare cuz we stylish as fuc*!

My Deviantart *^*
    Do you want your team drawn like this? click the link above!

3DS fc: 4725 8753 8888
    FS: Nosepass, Pupitar, Barbaracle

I was surprised to find out that Malva is a Team Flare admin (I probably should've seen it coming, but I was too focused on plowing through the Elite 4 so I could do Friend Safari stuff so I wasn't really paying attention to the dialogue and I was completely taken aback when she revealed it during the Looker Bureau subplot). If the next game takes place in Kalos, I'd like to see her have more relevance in the storyline. It would be neat especially in XY2 if you go to challenge the Pokemon League and you're forced to fight her first for some reason (maybe all of the other doors are locked or something) and walk into an ambush. And then more plot happens so you have to leave to stop Team Flare and then come back and rechallenge the Elite 4 (most likely with someone else replacing Malva).

Heck, if Lysandre doesn't come back, they could probably make her the new leader of Team Flare, giving us our first female evil team boss.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 6th January 2014 at 7:15 AM.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I was surprised to find out that Malva is a Team Flare admin (I probably should've seen it coming, but I was too focused on plowing through the Elite 4 so I could do Friend Safari stuff so I wasn't really paying attention to the dialogue and I was completely taken aback when she revealed it during the Looker Bureau subplot). If the next game takes place in Kalos, I'd like to see her have more relevance in the storyline. It would be neat especially in XY2 if you go to challenge the Pokemon League and you're forced to fight her first for some reason (maybe all of the other doors are locked or something) and walk into an ambush. And then more plot happens so you have to leave to stop Team Flare and then come back and rechallenge the Elite 4 (most likely with someone else replacing Malva).

Heck, if Lysandre doesn't come back, they could probably make her the new leader of Team Flare, giving us our first female evil team boss.
    Its actually funny how it took me to realise she was actually in team flare. I usually skip dialogue that I deem as irrelevant. I also agree that she would be a good team flare leader for the next games but I would definitely prefer Lysandre coming back, I love the way he reminds me of Wolverine! No only joking but i can see him finding some reason to go after Zygarde
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by orochi View Post
    Team Flare was the best XD

Team rocket: Lets use pokemon to benefit our company buy stealing them and then selling them!
    Team aqua/magma:Lets expand the sea/land! I hate you! No I hate you! Water rules! Land is superior!
    Team galactic: Lets make the three legendary pokemon make an entirely new world for us!...Why not just go after Arceus? I mean he made the worlds in the first place :/
    Team Plazma: Pokemon and humans don't mix. Lets make pokemon and people separate regardless of whether or not they want to be together. Team Plazma knows best.

Team Flare: I hate everyone...lets just kill them all. Yveltal! suck the life force out of everyone but team flare cuz we stylish as fuc*!
    Team Flare did not particularly hate anybody, they tried to get rid of us so as to temporarily halt a big problem that exists in our society too; limited resources.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Team Flare did not particularly hate anybody, they tried to get rid of us so as to temporarily halt a big problem that exists in our society too; limited resources.
    Relax relax, it was a joke XD I know team flare didn't really hate everyone. Lysander kept repeating that he wanted a "more beautiful world." But unfortunately, his defense was that the world is over populated with tainted people and pokemon, and thus the only option is to get rid of them. And that resources were limited. I believe I remember that his past uncle was the king who created the giant weapon to get revenge on humanity for the war (and to bring back his beloved pokemon) This giving him more of a motive. Kinda like "it's my destiny" At least that's how I saw it.

I kinda wonder what happened to Lysander after all that. I wasn't really paying attention to he end ^^' Did he die, run away, become immortal like the king?

My Deviantart *^*
    Do you want your team drawn like this? click the link above!

3DS fc: 4725 8753 8888
    FS: Nosepass, Pupitar, Barbaracle

Quote Originally Posted by orochi View Post
    Relax relax, it was a joke XD I know team flare didn't really hate everyone. Lysander kept repeating that he wanted a "more beautiful world." But unfortunately, his defense was that the world is over populated with tainted people and pokemon, and thus the only option is to get rid of them. And that resources were limited. I believe I remember that his past uncle was the king who created the giant weapon to get revenge on humanity for the war (and to bring back his beloved pokemon) This giving him more of a motive. Kinda like "it's my destiny" At least that's how I saw it.

I kinda wonder what happened to Lysander after all that. I wasn't really paying attention to he end ^^' Did he die, run away, become immortal like the king?
    Well, actually, that king is AZ, and the weapon was created 3000 years ago, so it's probably not his uncle.
    He is the decendant of AZ's Beother, though.

Well, Lysandre/his diary said tha the beautifull world was a byproduct of his limited resources research, and that by bypassing the resource problem, the world would also become beautifull, making it more of a pipe-dream than his actual goal.

Nobody knows what became of Lysandre, due to the different implications, uses, and effects the weapon has dependng on the Version, and because nobody knows if he stayed, fled, or whatever.

I honestly hope he exploded with the ultimate weapon.

Well, actually, that king is AZ, and the weapon was created 3000 years ago, so it's probably not his uncle.
    He is the decendant of AZ's Beother, though.
    Technically, that does make AZ a distant uncle of Lysandre (a great great great great ... great uncle).

I think Team Flare and Lysandre are a bit like Marmite, you love them or hate them. I see a lot of hate, but I also see a lot of admiration at a team that was different.
    I love them, Lysandre is my favourite character (Well, one of them), so I may be a bit biased but do correct me in the following. (It is very long keep in mind, sorry but I have thoroughly analysed my own theory. Keep in mind this is MY THEORY, it may be different to yours and it is not canon, I have no proof but quotes and interpretations, I am NOT trying to make you think a certain way, you decide that yourself.

Spoiler:- Is Lysandre really pure evil?:

Might I add I also reject the idea (personally, I am not saying your wrong) Lysandre is based on Hitler. For the following reasons:
    -The holo caster comes from the word 'hologram' as one appears as it 'casts' one out in front of the player. I do not think it has any relevance to the word 'holocaust'
    - Anyone can join Team flare with a fee, Lysandre didn't kill certain people.
    - Team Flare are not trying to take over the world.
    - Lysandre didn't kill himself like Hitler did, no one knows of his fate exactly, what happened could be purely an accident.
    - Kalos is based on France and the past wars France used to have, France did not just have wars with Germany, it had wars with Britain too and Spain, which is why Kalos is said to be caught in the middle of wars 3000 years ago. And Hitler rose to power in Germany, not France.
    Has left Serebii forums.

Well, Lysandre/his diary said tha the beautifull world was a byproduct of his limited resources research, and that by bypassing the resource problem, the world would also become beautifull, making it more of a pipe-dream than his actual goal.
    Where did you find his diary?

Quote Originally Posted by PinkiePieFox View Post
    I think Team Flare and Lysandre are a bit like Marmite, you love them or hate them. I see a lot of hate, but I also see a lot of admiration at a team that was different.
    I love them, Lysandre is my favourite character (Well, one of them), so I may be a bit biased but do correct me in the following. (It is very long keep in mind, sorry but I have thoroughly analysed my own theory. Keep in mind this is MY THEORY, it may be different to yours and it is not canon, I have no proof but quotes and interpretations, I am NOT trying to make you think a certain way, you decide that yourself.

Spoiler:- Is Lysandre really pure evil?:

Might I add I also reject the idea (personally, I am not saying your wrong) Lysandre is based on Hitler. For the following reasons:
    -The holo caster comes from the word 'hologram' as one appears as it 'casts' one out in front of the player. I do not think it has any relevance to the word 'holocaust'
    - Anyone can join Team flare with a fee, Lysandre didn't kill certain people.
    - Team Flare are not trying to take over the world.
    - Lysandre didn't kill himself like Hitler did, no one knows of his fate exactly, what happened could be purely an accident.
    - Kalos is based on France and the past wars France used to have, France did not just have wars with Germany, it had wars with Britain too and Spain, which is why Kalos is said to be caught in the middle of wars 3000 years ago. And Hitler rose to power in Germany, not France.
    I agree completely here. Lysandre always reminded me of a more extreme version of Lelouch from Code Geass. He always had an "end justifies the means" mentality and was ready to shoulder responsibility for the contemptible means he had to undertake to create the beautiful world he sought.

His actions, attitude, and dialogue did a wonderful job of developing him into a great character in quite a subtle way (for Pokemon at least) since one had to pay attention to see him for who he was.

I love how GameFreak has put a great deal of effort into creating good villains since Gen 4.
    Pokemon Y---Trainer Name: Setsuna
    3DS FC: 5000-2960-1997--Friend Safari Type: Water (Frogadier, Gyarados, Krabby)
    Badges: 8/8 [Hall of Fame]--Location:Somewhere in Kalos

I don't think Lysandre was a good villain. He was basically a character with a messiah complex, everything he did could be seen from miles away and his battle was honestly the weakest Team leader battle of all Gens.

In saying that, I think the problem lies in him and his "plot" not seeming pressing. I, as the character, didn't feel threatened at all; I was just dealing with a snob.

Maybe game freak will give us more information about Lysander in the sequels if they come out. They seam to be doing that kind of thing lately. The Celebi event for heart gold and soul silver, spread more light on the Giovanni, silver situation. They didn't need much with Cyrus and team galactic, but platinum followed his ambitions even more into the distortion world. During the BW and BW2 period they released N's full name. And don't forget the whole plot of BW2 she'd more light on N. So I don't believe that Game Freak will just leave us hanging. Maybe Lysander returns, or it is an opposite setting like ruby sapphire and emerald, but I don't believe, they are going to let the target audience kids, have to watch their video game character be killed off. They have rarely ever done something like that.
    Schmmidtty was here

Quote Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
    Where did you find his diary?

I agree completely here. Lysandre always reminded me of a more extreme version of Lelouch from Code Geass. He always had an "end justifies the means" mentality and was ready to shoulder responsibility for the contemptible means he had to undertake to create the beautiful world he sought.

His actions, attitude, and dialogue did a wonderful job of developing him into a great character in quite a subtle way (for Pokemon at least) since one had to pay attention to see him for who he was.

I love how GameFreak has put a great deal of effort into creating good villains since Gen 4.
    It's not his Diary, more or less it just details his journey with Pokémon earlier.

It was available in Lysandre Labs, in the Rare Candy Room before Lysandre is beaten for the third time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    I don't think Lysandre was a good villain. He was basically a character with a messiah complex, everything he did could be seen from miles away and his battle was honestly the weakest Team leader battle of all Gens.

In saying that, I think the problem lies in him and his "plot" not seeming pressing. I, as the character, didn't feel threatened at all; I was just dealing with a snob.
    A villain who attempts to enact a radical change in hopes for a brighter future is only labelled as having a messiah complex when he fails. Otherwise, that person is regarded as a historical figure.

It's not his Diary, more or less it just details his journey with Pokémon earlier.

It was available in Lysandre Labs, in the Rare Candy Room before Lysandre is beaten for the third time.
    So, it's not available any more after the Elite Four, then?
    Pokemon Y---Trainer Name: Setsuna
    3DS FC: 5000-2960-1997--Friend Safari Type: Water (Frogadier, Gyarados, Krabby)
    Badges: 8/8 [Hall of Fame]--Location:Somewhere in Kalos

I have heard some people have had a problem with Lysandre's battle being difficult, my team was highly over powered due to the exp share. I guess it's just a person's player style, plus the Team Boss shouldn't be over powered, as you're supposed to beat them where as the champion is supposed to be hard as you've got to earn your way to beat the 'hardest' character in the game... but I haven't had any tough times with Champions since gen 3 and 4...

And what schmmidtty said, I do think that if a next game is made for X and Y it'll probably have two teams like Team Magma and Team Aqua, that for me was my favourite part of Emerald was the conflicting Teams and when they got their goals, they hated it. Just like the professor in X and Y said Lysandre would have hated for his ideals to have worked.

Also, would Gamefreak really dare to kill off a character? No villian, no matter how 'evil', they have been have ever been killed off, they have been arrested, but not killed. And when a character is killed...
        Spoiler:- Contains spoilers for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2&3:
    I do believe that if Lysandre dies in one game it'll have a higher age rating. I mean come on, in English versions of Pokemon Y, Yvectal's description was changed from the 'Death' Pokemon to the 'Destruction' Pokemon. This game is still targeted at all ages and I think killing off any villain is the wrong message, especially where in most of the world the death penalty is frowned upon and outlawed in places like Britain and such.
    Has left Serebii forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
    A villain who attempts to enact a radical change in hopes for a brighter future is only labelled as having a messiah complex when he fails. Otherwise, that person is regarded as a historical figure.

So, it's not available any more after the Elite Four, then?
    Not to my knowledge.

I have heard some people have had a problem with Lysandre's battle being difficult, my team was highly over powered due to the exp share. I guess it's just a person's player style, plus the Team Boss shouldn't be over powered, as you're supposed to beat them where as the champion is supposed to be hard as you've got to earn your way to beat the 'hardest' character in the game... but I haven't had any tough times with Champions since gen 3 and 4...

And what schmmidtty said, I do think that if a next game is made for X and Y it'll probably have two teams like Team Magma and Team Aqua, that for me was my favourite part of Emerald was the conflicting Teams and when they got their goals, they hated it. Just like the professor in X and Y said Lysandre would have hated for his ideals to have worked.

Also, would Gamefreak really dare to kill off a character? No villian, no matter how 'evil', they have been have ever been killed off, they have been arrested, but not killed. And when a character is killed...
        Spoiler:- Contains spoilers for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2&3:
    I do believe that if Lysandre dies in one game it'll have a higher age rating. I mean come on, in English versions of Pokemon Y, Yvectal's description was changed from the 'Death' Pokemon to the 'Destruction' Pokemon. This game is still targeted at all ages and I think killing off any villain is the wrong message, especially where in most of the world the death penalty is frowned upon and outlawed in places like Britain and such.
    It's a Battle. Against a Boss.
    It's supposed to be difficult and challenging.
    If it wasn't designed to be, GAMEFREAK may as well have just given them a Party full of Sunkern.

Also remember that Chunsoft made PMD, so it's kinda irrelevant.
    Besides, a multitude of death and ghosts have already been confirmed in the series anyway, and considering Japan's relatively light take on death in entertainment media, it's not much of a big deal.

Not to my knowledge.

It's a Battle. Against a Boss.
    It's supposed to be difficult and challenging.
    If it wasn't designed to be, GAMEFREAK may as well have just given them a Party full of Sunkern.

Also remember that Chunsoft made PMD, so it's kinda irrelevant.
    Besides, a multitude of death and ghosts have already been confirmed in the series anyway, and considering Japan's relatively light take on death in entertainment media, it's not much of a big deal.
    I guess it is possible then, but due to censorship for the rest of the world I wouldn't be surprised if they censored Lysandre's dead if they did include it. Plus I do think Cyrus could be considered more 'evil' as he spared NO lives in destroying the current universe and replacing it with one with only him existing in it as a God... that would be lonely. So I'd see at as weird to kill Lysandre off in a game where saving people is supposed to happen... unless they gave players the choice. Because in the Pokemon world criminals and such are given a second chance, like in the looker quests post-game.
    I do feel though that Team Flare have had better Pokemon then past gen's teams... like a lot more fully evolved Pokemon. The Team Plasma boss' have had full teams like N did which was a nice change, since N was really the champion since he beat Adler. And I agree with you saying they should be strong, but they're not overly strong all the time... I want to be backed into a corner to try and fight back to stop the Teams.
    Has left Serebii forums.

I guess it is possible then, but due to censorship for the rest of the world I wouldn't be surprised if they censored Lysandre's dead if they did include it. Plus I do think Cyrus could be considered more 'evil' as he spared NO lives in destroying the current universe and replacing it with one with only him existing in it as a God... that would be lonely. So I'd see at as weird to kill Lysandre off in a game where saving people is supposed to happen... unless they gave players the choice. Because in the Pokemon world criminals and such are given a second chance, like in the looker quests post-game.
    We don't really know what happened to Lysandre after his defeat. They can leave the rest up to the player's imagination if they want.

1. lysandre had his lab and cafe in lumirose.
    2. at the end lysandre uses the same type of machine clemont uses

I think lysandre is so busy with his beautiful world he has clemont take over as gym leader. I think lysandre in a moment of fear and passion he took one of the machines his son and him worked on so he can have a beautiful world. I feel clemont is so wrapped up into science he doesn't see what his own dad is doing. i don't know where clemont mom is but he is stuck raising his sister himself. I think clemont found out what was happen and saved lysandre. and also clemont has the most beautiful and biggest gym in the game and we know lysandre is rich.

Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293 ... LastLast