Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 2410

Thread: The Team Flare Thread

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sound View Post
    Not only that, but world domination plots are reasonably rare irl, while moneymaking schemes are much, much more common.
    You sure about that quote? There have been THOUSANDS of storylines where it goes the "young, bright eyed hero must go out and save the world from the evil team/man". Do I need to give you examples? I will just to put my point across: Harry Potter, Avatar: the last airbender, pretty much every fantasy (which pokemon follows under), Final Fantasy, Digimon, Naruto (currently), dbz, just like this list, the beat goes on man. Even gens 3-5 have been hero saves the world plot. So don't tell me it's rare or original of pokemon to replay the same story plot over and over again. I'm glad with just being a crime fighter again lol
    Holding the Pokeworld down since 97

    OPG: Original Pokemon Gangsta

    Hmu come time Pokemon X and Y come out, I could use a few new rivals to sh-t on lol.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dracula's Castle
    Posts
    670

    Default

    I can imagine Team Flare using a lot of Fire types but that is a bit obvious XD!

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Where there is snow.
    Posts
    1,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boisechris View Post
    Is it just me or does Team Flare look reminiscent of Magmar?
    I see them reminiscent of Pansear, Simisear and Chimchar.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    What does everyone make of this article that says the gym leader with mechanical arms and the Professor are part of Team Flair?

    http://www.inquisitr.com/842284/poke...ails-revealed/
    A misunderstood statement due to grammar issues and sentence wording unfortunately.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    A misunderstood statement due to grammar issues and sentence wording unfortunately.
    Unfortunate, indeed. Thanks for letting me know!

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeGoon View Post
    You sure about that quote? There have been THOUSANDS of storylines where it goes the "young, bright eyed hero must go out and save the world from the evil team/man". Do I need to give you examples? I will just to put my point across: Harry Potter, Avatar: the last airbender, pretty much every fantasy (which pokemon follows under), Final Fantasy, Digimon, Naruto (currently), dbz, just like this list, the beat goes on man. Even gens 3-5 have been hero saves the world plot. So don't tell me it's rare or original of pokemon to replay the same story plot over and over again. I'm glad with just being a crime fighter again lol
    When I said IRL, I quite literally meant world dominations plots thought up and executed by someone in the real world. Just off the top of my head, we have had Genghis Kahn, Napoleon, Alexander the Great, and Hitler. I'm sure there's more I'm missing. Ponzi schemes are real and common, bootleggers were real and common, rigged gambling, the list goes on. Pokemon (society) is closer to our world than fantasy ones, which is why I feel this type of goal works better for it.

    Yeah, I'm glad we're back to crime fighters/super powerful bystander.
    I have officially claimed Castform, The Master of all Weather!


    Monorpale is my favorite Gen 6 Pokemon so far. If you have a problem with it, you can talk to the tassel hand.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dracula's Castle
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sound View Post
    When I said IRL, I quite literally meant world dominations plots thought up and executed by someone in the real world. Just off the top of my head, we have had Genghis Kahn, Napoleon, Alexander the Great, and Hitler. I'm sure there's more I'm missing. Ponzi schemes are real and common, bootleggers were real and common, rigged gambling, the list goes on. Pokemon (society) is closer to our world than fantasy ones, which is why I feel this type of goal works better for it.

    Yeah, I'm glad we're back to crime fighters/super powerful bystander.
    Bootlegging seems interesting, maybe there could be stores were the shop-owner sells bootleg items that don't work or something.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    I really hope they don't have another ridiculous goal Team Aqua, Team Magma, Team Galactic, Team Plasma... I can't by any of them as villains... Their goals all either over the top or cliche "recreate world" "world domination" any antagonist using either is an automatic discredit in my book... (Team Rocket and Cipher for best villain groups)
    Sorry but I disagree. Well-Intentioned Extremists are my favorite kind of antagonists because they're trying to do good while blind to their wrongness of their ways. It seems... real.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sound View Post
    When I said IRL, I quite literally meant world dominations plots thought up and executed by someone in the real world. Just off the top of my head, we have had Genghis Kahn, Napoleon, Alexander the Great, and Hitler. I'm sure there's more I'm missing. Ponzi schemes are real and common, bootleggers were real and common, rigged gambling, the list goes on. Pokemon (society) is closer to our world than fantasy ones, which is why I feel this type of goal works better for it.

    Yeah, I'm glad we're back to crime fighters/super powerful bystander.
    Oh my bad, I thought you were dissing the crime fighting plot idea. To me, team flare's goal is a lot more realistic though, cuz other than team plasma being possibly a political power, the other teams (and yes I'm about to talk sh*t about seemingly everybody's fav magma and aqua) are just random gangsters tryna take over the world with outrageous schemes and ideals along with no realistic elements to them whatsoever. I mean really doe? Team Galatic smdh, they swore they were bout "recreate the world by destroying this one" in reality NOBODY woulda followed Cyrus if he went out said that was his motive like he did in the game only a few nuts here and there but not enough to become the threat and powerhouse they supposedly were in D/P/Pl smh. Same with the two 3rd gens, and I know I'mma have gen 3 riders hating me, but it's the truth. Gen 3's storyline was a joke.
    Holding the Pokeworld down since 97

    OPG: Original Pokemon Gangsta

    Hmu come time Pokemon X and Y come out, I could use a few new rivals to sh-t on lol.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeGoon View Post
    I mean really doe? Team Galatic smdh, they swore they were bout "recreate the world by destroying this one" in reality NOBODY woulda followed Cyrus if he went out said that was his motive like he did in the game only a few nuts here and there but not enough to become the threat and powerhouse they supposedly were in D/P/Pl smh.
    Cyrus was said to be exceptionally charismatic, and he promised his followers that they would have a new, strife-free world all to themselves. He kept the "annihilate all traces of spirit and emotion" part secret, but I could see what he promised as being something that people could reasonably be convinced to support, especially if you live in a world filled with powerful creatures that can control everyday elements as if it were as simple as breathing.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dracula's Castle
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Cyrus was pretty cool but I can imagine the Boss of Team Flare being a big mob boss that uses a lot of Fire Pokemon and maybe a Persian!

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,450

    Default

    I'm hoping team flare will use weapons instead of Pokemon only. Would be cool to have a MGS segment where you have to stealth through a base without getting caught and swarmed with people armed with guns. Obviously using a pokeball would give away your position instantly.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ice Ice Outpost
    Posts
    2,807

    Default

    I could see the leader of Team Flare using Litleo's final form for sure.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dracula's Castle
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    I'm hoping team flare will use weapons instead of Pokemon only. Would be cool to have a MGS segment where you have to stealth through a base without getting caught and swarmed with people armed with guns. Obviously using a pokeball would give away your position instantly.
    This sounds cool, but I don't think guns will ever be a in a Pokemon game. (I don't count Smash Bros. as a Pokemon game :P)

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Just a question: Do the evil team bosses have any relation to real-life crime bosses?
    If so, what are their IRL counterparts? Cyrus may not have a real-life counterpart, but perhaps Giovanni and Ghetsis can?
    We don't really know the Flair boss yet but it wouldn't hurt to speculate who his IRL counterpart could be.
    <Signature in Progress>

    Credit goes to FairyWitch of Flower Paradise Graphics!
    Proud member of Dracaena!

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Cyrus was said to be exceptionally charismatic, and he promised his followers that they would have a new, strife-free world all to themselves. He kept the "annihilate all traces of spirit and emotion" part secret, but I could see what he promised as being something that people could reasonably be convinced to support, especially if you live in a world filled with powerful creatures that can control everyday elements as if it were as simple as breathing.
    True true, I forgot about how charismatic he was, I mean they even put in a scene where he put in that speech which I remember being decent enough to rally an already psychotic bunch. Along with his promises of peace to all those who follow, but I still can't see such a large group of ppl coming behind such an ambitious guy without him seemingly having any political power. Although it does seem like he has the money to do so. I just don't think his reasoning is strong enough to get a large following unless his ppl truly hated their current lives, but even then, I can't see most ppl just fearlessly tryna kill off most of mankind and pokemon just so some guy can become a god over them.
    Holding the Pokeworld down since 97

    OPG: Original Pokemon Gangsta

    Hmu come time Pokemon X and Y come out, I could use a few new rivals to sh-t on lol.

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeohopeSTF View Post
    This sounds cool, but I don't think guns will ever be a in a Pokemon game. (I don't count Smash Bros. as a Pokemon game :P)
    Well they were in the anime so you never know xD

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    I'm hoping team flare will use weapons instead of Pokemon only. Would be cool to have a MGS segment where you have to stealth through a base without getting caught and swarmed with people armed with guns. Obviously using a pokeball would give away your position instantly.
    YES!!! That'd be dope as hell!!! I doubt it, but could you imagine how dope team flare would be if they were seen with bodyguards with AK's at their side and you have to stealthily manuever around them to get inside the base. I'd love for them to be mafia based, I can see them with either a big fat rich businessman as boss or an older sly gentleman upholding the "family business" who's bout to pass it down to his son or something. And we'd have to fight the different mafia fam's and what not, yo that'd be dope!
    Holding the Pokeworld down since 97

    OPG: Original Pokemon Gangsta

    Hmu come time Pokemon X and Y come out, I could use a few new rivals to sh-t on lol.

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeGoon View Post
    True true, I forgot about how charismatic he was, I mean they even put in a scene where he put in that speech which I remember being decent enough to rally an already psychotic bunch. Along with his promises of peace to all those who follow, but I still can't see such a large group of ppl coming behind such an ambitious guy without him seemingly having any political power. Although it does seem like he has the money to do so. I just don't think his reasoning is strong enough to get a large following unless his ppl truly hated their current lives, but even then, I can't see most ppl just fearlessly tryna kill off most of mankind and pokemon just so some guy can become a god over them.
    Well even I think that Cyrus has a point in saying that emotions lead to strife and such, so I can see why people would buy into his propaganda.

    Also, I recall there being some people who joined Team Galactic just for the sake of looking "cool," and there was an ex-Galactic, now-Plasma grunt in BW2 who joined the latter because the former collapsed and they didn't really have anywhere else to go. So those are two more sources of potential members.

    And yes, it was said that Cyrus/Team Galactic had a lot of money at their disposal due to their massive corporate influence.
    Last edited by Endolise; 12th July 2013 at 3:16 AM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Well even I think that Cyrus has a point in saying that emotions lead to strife and such, so I can see why people would buy into his propaganda.

    Also, I recall there being some people who joined Team Galactic just for the sake of looking "cool," and there was an ex-Galactic, now-Plasma grunt in BW2 who joined the latter because the former collapsed and they didn't really have anywhere else to go. So those are two more sources of potential members.

    And yes, it was said that Cyrus/Team Galactic had a lot of money at their disposal due to their massive corporate influence.
    True true, and money can certainly buy power along with the people who were just following the herd. So I guess in some ways he could have realistically done such a feat. That was Cyrus's only logical point though, emotions do cause strife, but they also cause good too. Idk, maybe they just could've done the story better by giving Cyrus more character development like N to make his values seem more understandable and then just having him be that cold, personalityless creep.
    Holding the Pokeworld down since 97

    OPG: Original Pokemon Gangsta

    Hmu come time Pokemon X and Y come out, I could use a few new rivals to sh-t on lol.

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Milwaukee WI. USA
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Their goal is to make money… Probably like Hunter J
    A Pokemon poaching organization might be pretty interresting
    And maybe this will lead to a return of Hunter J in the anime! I mean, Looker did come back in this season, and at a glance, Team Flare does bear some resemblance to J so perhaps this was planned a long time ago like Munna and the Fairy type.
    Either way, with a name like that, I am really hoping to see a female leader to this organization. It would be more fitting with the name and look of the team... And it's not like we have seen a female leader before

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dracula's Castle
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpadeOfRoses View Post
    Their goal is to make money… Probably like Hunter J
    A Pokemon poaching organization might be pretty interresting
    And maybe this will lead to a return of Hunter J in the anime! I mean, Looker did come back in this season, and at a glance, Team Flare does bear some resemblance to J so perhaps this was planned a long time ago like Munna and the Fairy type.
    Either way, with a name like that, I am really hoping to see a female leader to this organization. It would be more fitting with the name and look of the team... And it's not like we have seen a female leader before
    Actually I don't think there was ever a Hunter in the games.

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Australia, Brisbane
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Well even I think that Cyrus has a point in saying that emotions lead to strife and such, so I can see why people would buy into his propaganda.
    This is why I'm so stoked for Flair, who appear to just literally be greedy/evil because that's who they are, not fighting for some warped concept of a 'greater good' with twisted logic that makes you think 'I can kinda see his point'. This team will hopefully just be villains through and though, which is refreshing and I can't wait to fight them!
    Pokemon X
    Name: Ry
    FC: 3926 5477 2209
    Badges: 8
    True Champion of Kalos



    Dogs of War



    HA Pokemon I have:
    Froakie, Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Goomy, Fletchling, Venipede, Sableye, Natu, Shroomish, Mienshao, Litleo, Emolga, Blitzle, Phantump, Pumpkaboo, Dratini

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeohopeSTF View Post
    Actually I don't think there was ever a Hunter in the games.
    Yup, Hunter J is anime cannon only. But she was hella dope and I like the idea of having a team based around her values. Imagine like I said before a mafia or business gang team hustlin out here and selling stolen pokemon on the black market.
    Holding the Pokeworld down since 97

    OPG: Original Pokemon Gangsta

    Hmu come time Pokemon X and Y come out, I could use a few new rivals to sh-t on lol.

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dracula's Castle
    Posts
    670

    Default

    If I remember she sold Pokemon, bringing me to think that maybe Team Flare could have a underground Pokemon Black Market?

Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •