Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: The Team Flare Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sound View Post
    Not only that, but world domination plots are reasonably rare irl, while moneymaking schemes are much, much more common.
    You sure about that quote? There have been THOUSANDS of storylines where it goes the "young, bright eyed hero must go out and save the world from the evil team/man". Do I need to give you examples? I will just to put my point across: Harry Potter, Avatar: the last airbender, pretty much every fantasy (which pokemon follows under), Final Fantasy, Digimon, Naruto (currently), dbz, just like this list, the beat goes on man. Even gens 3-5 have been hero saves the world plot. So don't tell me it's rare or original of pokemon to replay the same story plot over and over again. I'm glad with just being a crime fighter again lol
    Holding the Pokeworld down since 97

OPG: Original Pokemon Gangsta

Hmu come time Pokemon X and Y come out, I could use a few new rivals to sh-t on lol.

I can imagine Team Flare using a lot of Fire types but that is a bit obvious XD!

Quote Originally Posted by boisechris View Post
    Is it just me or does Team Flare look reminiscent of Magmar?
    I see them reminiscent of Pansear, Simisear and Chimchar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    What does everyone make of this article that says the gym leader with mechanical arms and the Professor are part of Team Flair?

http://www.inquisitr.com/842284/poke...ails-revealed/
    A misunderstood statement due to grammar issues and sentence wording unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    A misunderstood statement due to grammar issues and sentence wording unfortunately.
    Unfortunate, indeed. Thanks for letting me know!

Quote Originally Posted by PokeGoon View Post
    You sure about that quote? There have been THOUSANDS of storylines where it goes the "young, bright eyed hero must go out and save the world from the evil team/man". Do I need to give you examples? I will just to put my point across: Harry Potter, Avatar: the last airbender, pretty much every fantasy (which pokemon follows under), Final Fantasy, Digimon, Naruto (currently), dbz, just like this list, the beat goes on man. Even gens 3-5 have been hero saves the world plot. So don't tell me it's rare or original of pokemon to replay the same story plot over and over again. I'm glad with just being a crime fighter again lol
    When I said IRL, I quite literally meant world dominations plots thought up and executed by someone in the real world. Just off the top of my head, we have had Genghis Kahn, Napoleon, Alexander the Great, and Hitler. I'm sure there's more I'm missing. Ponzi schemes are real and common, bootleggers were real and common, rigged gambling, the list goes on. Pokemon (society) is closer to our world than fantasy ones, which is why I feel this type of goal works better for it.

Yeah, I'm glad we're back to crime fighters/super powerful bystander.
    I have officially claimed Castform, The Master of all Weather!

Monorpale is my favorite Gen 6 Pokemon so far. If you have a problem with it, you can talk to the tassel hand.

When I said IRL, I quite literally meant world dominations plots thought up and executed by someone in the real world. Just off the top of my head, we have had Genghis Kahn, Napoleon, Alexander the Great, and Hitler. I'm sure there's more I'm missing. Ponzi schemes are real and common, bootleggers were real and common, rigged gambling, the list goes on. Pokemon (society) is closer to our world than fantasy ones, which is why I feel this type of goal works better for it.

Bootlegging seems interesting, maybe there could be stores were the shop-owner sells bootleg items that don't work or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    I really hope they don't have another ridiculous goal Team Aqua, Team Magma, Team Galactic, Team Plasma... I can't by any of them as villains... Their goals all either over the top or cliche "recreate world" "world domination" any antagonist using either is an automatic discredit in my book... (Team Rocket and Cipher for best villain groups)
    Sorry but I disagree. Well-Intentioned Extremists are my favorite kind of antagonists because they're trying to do good while blind to their wrongness of their ways. It seems... real.

Oh my bad, I thought you were dissing the crime fighting plot idea. To me, team flare's goal is a lot more realistic though, cuz other than team plasma being possibly a political power, the other teams (and yes I'm about to talk sh*t about seemingly everybody's fav magma and aqua) are just random gangsters tryna take over the world with outrageous schemes and ideals along with no realistic elements to them whatsoever. I mean really doe? Team Galatic smdh, they swore they were bout "recreate the world by destroying this one" in reality NOBODY woulda followed Cyrus if he went out said that was his motive like he did in the game only a few nuts here and there but not enough to become the threat and powerhouse they supposedly were in D/P/Pl smh. Same with the two 3rd gens, and I know I'mma have gen 3 riders hating me, but it's the truth. Gen 3's storyline was a joke.

Hmu come time Pokemon X and Y come out, I could use a few new rivals to sh-t on lol.

I mean really doe? Team Galatic smdh, they swore they were bout "recreate the world by destroying this one" in reality NOBODY woulda followed Cyrus if he went out said that was his motive like he did in the game only a few nuts here and there but not enough to become the threat and powerhouse they supposedly were in D/P/Pl smh.
    Cyrus was said to be exceptionally charismatic, and he promised his followers that they would have a new, strife-free world all to themselves. He kept the "annihilate all traces of spirit and emotion" part secret, but I could see what he promised as being something that people could reasonably be convinced to support, especially if you live in a world filled with powerful creatures that can control everyday elements as if it were as simple as breathing.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Cyrus was pretty cool but I can imagine the Boss of Team Flare being a big mob boss that uses a lot of Fire Pokemon and maybe a Persian!

I'm hoping team flare will use weapons instead of Pokemon only. Would be cool to have a MGS segment where you have to stealth through a base without getting caught and swarmed with people armed with guns. Obviously using a pokeball would give away your position instantly.

I could see the leader of Team Flare using Litleo's final form for sure.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    I'm hoping team flare will use weapons instead of Pokemon only. Would be cool to have a MGS segment where you have to stealth through a base without getting caught and swarmed with people armed with guns. Obviously using a pokeball would give away your position instantly.
    This sounds cool, but I don't think guns will ever be a in a Pokemon game. (I don't count Smash Bros. as a Pokemon game :P)

Just a question: Do the evil team bosses have any relation to real-life crime bosses?
    If so, what are their IRL counterparts? Cyrus may not have a real-life counterpart, but perhaps Giovanni and Ghetsis can?
    We don't really know the Flair boss yet but it wouldn't hurt to speculate who his IRL counterpart could be.
    <Signature in Progress>

Credit goes to FairyWitch of Flower Paradise Graphics!
    Proud member of Dracaena!

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Cyrus was said to be exceptionally charismatic, and he promised his followers that they would have a new, strife-free world all to themselves. He kept the "annihilate all traces of spirit and emotion" part secret, but I could see what he promised as being something that people could reasonably be convinced to support, especially if you live in a world filled with powerful creatures that can control everyday elements as if it were as simple as breathing.
    True true, I forgot about how charismatic he was, I mean they even put in a scene where he put in that speech which I remember being decent enough to rally an already psychotic bunch. Along with his promises of peace to all those who follow, but I still can't see such a large group of ppl coming behind such an ambitious guy without him seemingly having any political power. Although it does seem like he has the money to do so. I just don't think his reasoning is strong enough to get a large following unless his ppl truly hated their current lives, but even then, I can't see most ppl just fearlessly tryna kill off most of mankind and pokemon just so some guy can become a god over them.

Quote Originally Posted by NeohopeSTF View Post
    This sounds cool, but I don't think guns will ever be a in a Pokemon game. (I don't count Smash Bros. as a Pokemon game :P)
    Well they were in the anime so you never know xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    YES!!! That'd be dope as hell!!! I doubt it, but could you imagine how dope team flare would be if they were seen with bodyguards with AK's at their side and you have to stealthily manuever around them to get inside the base. I'd love for them to be mafia based, I can see them with either a big fat rich businessman as boss or an older sly gentleman upholding the "family business" who's bout to pass it down to his son or something. And we'd have to fight the different mafia fam's and what not, yo that'd be dope!

True true, I forgot about how charismatic he was, I mean they even put in a scene where he put in that speech which I remember being decent enough to rally an already psychotic bunch. Along with his promises of peace to all those who follow, but I still can't see such a large group of ppl coming behind such an ambitious guy without him seemingly having any political power. Although it does seem like he has the money to do so. I just don't think his reasoning is strong enough to get a large following unless his ppl truly hated their current lives, but even then, I can't see most ppl just fearlessly tryna kill off most of mankind and pokemon just so some guy can become a god over them.
    Well even I think that Cyrus has a point in saying that emotions lead to strife and such, so I can see why people would buy into his propaganda.

Also, I recall there being some people who joined Team Galactic just for the sake of looking "cool," and there was an ex-Galactic, now-Plasma grunt in BW2 who joined the latter because the former collapsed and they didn't really have anywhere else to go. So those are two more sources of potential members.

And yes, it was said that Cyrus/Team Galactic had a lot of money at their disposal due to their massive corporate influence.
    Last edited by Endolise; 12th July 2013 at 3:16 AM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Well even I think that Cyrus has a point in saying that emotions lead to strife and such, so I can see why people would buy into his propaganda.

Also, I recall there being some people who joined Team Galactic just for the sake of looking "cool," and there was an ex-Galactic, now-Plasma grunt in BW2 who joined the latter because the former collapsed and they didn't really have anywhere else to go. So those are two more sources of potential members.

And yes, it was said that Cyrus/Team Galactic had a lot of money at their disposal due to their massive corporate influence.
    True true, and money can certainly buy power along with the people who were just following the herd. So I guess in some ways he could have realistically done such a feat. That was Cyrus's only logical point though, emotions do cause strife, but they also cause good too. Idk, maybe they just could've done the story better by giving Cyrus more character development like N to make his values seem more understandable and then just having him be that cold, personalityless creep.

Their goal is to make money… Probably like Hunter J
    A Pokemon poaching organization might be pretty interresting
    And maybe this will lead to a return of Hunter J in the anime! I mean, Looker did come back in this season, and at a glance, Team Flare does bear some resemblance to J so perhaps this was planned a long time ago like Munna and the Fairy type.
    Either way, with a name like that, I am really hoping to see a female leader to this organization. It would be more fitting with the name and look of the team... And it's not like we have seen a female leader before

Quote Originally Posted by SpadeOfRoses View Post
    Their goal is to make money… Probably like Hunter J
    A Pokemon poaching organization might be pretty interresting
    And maybe this will lead to a return of Hunter J in the anime! I mean, Looker did come back in this season, and at a glance, Team Flare does bear some resemblance to J so perhaps this was planned a long time ago like Munna and the Fairy type.
    Either way, with a name like that, I am really hoping to see a female leader to this organization. It would be more fitting with the name and look of the team... And it's not like we have seen a female leader before
    Actually I don't think there was ever a Hunter in the games.

This is why I'm so stoked for Flair, who appear to just literally be greedy/evil because that's who they are, not fighting for some warped concept of a 'greater good' with twisted logic that makes you think 'I can kinda see his point'. This team will hopefully just be villains through and though, which is refreshing and I can't wait to fight them!
    Pokemon X
    Name: Ry
    FC: 3926 5477 2209
    Badges: 8
    True Champion of Kalos

Dogs of War

HA Pokemon I have:
    Froakie, Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Goomy, Fletchling, Venipede, Sableye, Natu, Shroomish, Mienshao, Litleo, Emolga, Blitzle, Phantump, Pumpkaboo, Dratini

Quote Originally Posted by NeohopeSTF View Post
    Actually I don't think there was ever a Hunter in the games.
    Yup, Hunter J is anime cannon only. But she was hella dope and I like the idea of having a team based around her values. Imagine like I said before a mafia or business gang team hustlin out here and selling stolen pokemon on the black market.

If I remember she sold Pokemon, bringing me to think that maybe Team Flare could have a underground Pokemon Black Market?

Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast