Page 90 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2410

Thread: The Team Flare Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyfire30 View Post
    1. lysandre had his lab and cafe in lumirose.
    2. at the end lysandre uses the same type of machine clemont uses

I think lysandre is so busy with his beautiful world he has clemont take over as gym leader. I think lysandre in a moment of fear and passion he took one of the machines his son and him worked on so he can have a beautiful world. I feel clemont is so wrapped up into science he doesn't see what his own dad is doing. i don't know where clemont mom is but he is stuck raising his sister himself. I think clemont found out what was happen and saved lysandre. and also clemont has the most beautiful and biggest gym in the game and we know lysandre is rich.
    i know the anime shouldnt be anything to go by and honestly i love the idea but i dont think this would be the case. especially because in the anime, citron's dad is already confirmed to be limone
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
    A villain who attempts to enact a radical change in hopes for a brighter future is only labelled as having a messiah complex when he fails. Otherwise, that person is regarded as a historical figure.
    Except this isn't a historical piece and so basically you have a made up villain based off of individuals with a messiah complex.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkiePieFox View Post
    I do believe that if Lysandre dies in one game it'll have a higher age rating. I mean come on, in English versions of Pokemon Y, Yvectal's description was changed from the 'Death' Pokemon to the 'Destruction' Pokemon. This game is still targeted at all ages and I think killing off any villain is the wrong message, especially where in most of the world the death penalty is frowned upon and outlawed in places like Britain and such.
    Death has been involved in pokémon since Gen I with Marowak's ghost being the most famous example of death in the franchise. A kind old man dies in XY (tears were shed for him), so why can't the bad guy who stayed behind during an explosion? It's not like he was executed, he just stayed there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Death has been involved in pokémon since Gen I with Marowak's ghost being the most famous example of death in the franchise. A kind old man dies in XY (tears were shed for him), so why can't the bad guy who stayed behind during an explosion? It's not like he was executed, he just stayed there.
    That is indeed true, I found that scene with the old man really upsetting, I gave him a Litleo and whenever I hear a Litleo's cry I think of him, and Litleo's cry now for me sounds mournful.
    But for me as a kid ghosts were just people left behind, I didn't really think of death because the person isn't permanently gone. I am surprised they didn't censor Marowak and Cubone, and some Pokedex entries and rather odd like Phantump's. Hmm it could be possible that he could just stay there, but what about the rest of the grunts? Did they all die? I just can't see him and the rest of Team Flare wait around while the heroes flee just to die.
    And in Giratina and the Sky Warrior, (I know it's the anime and not really anything to go by)     Spoiler:- Plot Spoiler:

And just the fact that no one mentioned that they all died or such and the professor says thank you for saving Lysandre, that could be in a spiritual scence and/or physical. I personally can see Lysandre reforming if he does get out, that he becomes a scientist or such and maybe a gym leader.
    Guess it's just me, Lysandre is my favourite Pokemon character, he's complex and I like that. I also personally never wish death upon anyone, I'm more so for reforming. And his death wouldn't really add a purpose, unless of course Malva were to resurrect him then I can see it having a purpose. Because I could see her doing that, she is defiantly going to play a big role if they make another Kalos game.
    Has left Serebii forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyfire30 View Post
    1. lysandre had his lab and cafe in lumirose.
    2. at the end lysandre uses the same type of machine clemont uses

I think lysandre is so busy with his beautiful world he has clemont take over as gym leader. I think lysandre in a moment of fear and passion he took one of the machines his son and him worked on so he can have a beautiful world. I feel clemont is so wrapped up into science he doesn't see what his own dad is doing. i don't know where clemont mom is but he is stuck raising his sister himself. I think clemont found out what was happen and saved lysandre. and also clemont has the most beautiful and biggest gym in the game and we know lysandre is rich.
    Ya know, I NEVER noticed they had the same type of machine, let alone lived in the same city XD I don't know if its a coincidence, but I will say I never understood the point of Lysandre's machine. I KNOW what it does, but they just dropped it into the plot so oddly. It would be different if it somehow affected the battle against him. Like, make your box legend unable to attack him akin to using a high leveled pokemon without he proper badge.

That is indeed true, I found that scene with the old man really upsetting, I gave him a Litleo and whenever I hear a Litleo's cry I think of him, and Litleo's cry now for me sounds mournful.
    But for me as a kid ghosts were just people left behind, I didn't really think of death because the person isn't permanently gone. I am surprised they didn't censor Marowak and Cubone, and some Pokedex entries and rather odd like Phantump's. Hmm it could be possible that he could just stay there, but what about the rest of the grunts? Did they all die? I just can't see him and the rest of Team Flare wait around while the heroes flee just to die.
    And in Giratina and the Sky Warrior, (I know it's the anime and not really anything to go by)     Spoiler:- Plot Spoiler:

And just the fact that no one mentioned that they all died or such and the professor says thank you for saving Lysandre, that could be in a spiritual scence and/or physical. I personally can see Lysandre reforming if he does get out, that he becomes a scientist or such and maybe a gym leader.
    Guess it's just me, Lysandre is my favourite Pokemon character, he's complex and I like that. I also personally never wish death upon anyone, I'm more so for reforming. And his death wouldn't really add a purpose, unless of course Malva were to resurrect him then I can see it having a purpose. Because I could see her doing that, she is defiantly going to play a big role if they make another Kalos game.
    Also remember that AZ's Floette died, and it was literally confirmed many Pokémon perished in the war and during the Ultimate Weapon's deployment.

Ghosts have also existed fsince the original games, and some Pokédex entries such as Yamask and Gothitelle clearly state death.

I think it's odd that people consider the possibility of villain death to be age inappropriate here, but don't bat an eye when it happens in a Disney film.

Though I also think that he'll have a different fate entirely in Z, simply given Zygarde's nature.

As far as the rest of the team, I assume that probably *most* of them got out, but not all of them. I think the "cybergirls" survived, since Xerosic did. Though I sure wish we knew where Malva was during all that. Maybe some kids kept calling to find out their pokemiles and by the time she got there she was like five hours late.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

For me it's not a matter of age inappropriate it's just game companies have a huge obsession with censoring different things, like in a lot of anime when it gets dubbed they can leave out a lot of detail.
    Plus I think I've lost that argument for age inappropriateness, so I'll admit it. It's just I personally, and a lot of others, wouldn't be comfortable playing a new game where one of our favourite, if not favourite character dies. Oh and I always hated a lot of Disney movies as a kid, all the deaths my parents would fast forwards over it or I would if I were to watch it alone. I liked Finding Nemo but would fast forwards the first part. But I did always hate Sleeping Beauty, the gracious prince killing someone just seemed really dark. But hey, that's just me. And I hates the Lion King too until I was older and could face it a little and fast forwards it.

But I think it would be a risky move killing him off unless Malva was to rebuild the ultimate weapon to resurrect him (or at least try to in one game), but I think that would be in the Y sequel as you would have Xerneas to do that.
    But in an X remake Lysandre becomes immortal (if he was indeed in there during the blast) and possibly reforms, or something. And an entirely new team appears (the one an NPC mentioned was looking for 'Yvectal/Xerneas') could be likely as a lot of people love that in Ruby and Sapphire a new team appears in each, I loved that touch.
    But as for what happens regarding Zygarde could be a little like Platinum's story line with Giratina appearing alongside Yvectal/Xerneas. That Zygarde either gets a new form in each of the versions, fuses or gets an item that powers him up and into a new form. Which is why I think a Z sequel isn't as likely as a X and Y sequel because the storylines of Lysandre's fate are too diverse.
    Has left Serebii forums.

I'm curious as to how Zygarde would tie into the plot of the next game, the Pokedex mentions he has something to do with Kalos' ecosystem, but that's kind of vague, even for a first game Dex entry (obviously the next game will expand on his role like usual, but I don't really see how). And I don't really think the Ultimate Weapon will have much to do with the plot of the next game (unless it's a Z version), so that makes it even harder to figure out. I mean, not even Xerneas and Yveltal's role in the storyline was clear outside of them being used to power the Ultimate Weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

My guess is they'll develop Zygarde into some kind of "guardian of the land" kinda deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Y version Dex entry
    It's hypothesized that it's monitoring those who destroy the ecosystem from deep in the cave where it lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by X version Dex entry
    When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Land's Wrath
    The user gathers the energy of the land and focuses that power on opposing Pokémon to damage them.
    Considering how it's half Ground-type and part of its name comes from the French word for "guard," having it run around stopping the Drilbur-people and the Sandman makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggers View Post
    I haven't sifted through the 90 pages of this thread, but I'm assuming Team Flare's name has already been discussed. Is it just a pun on Flair or something?
    It's a pun on the word flair, and how they apparently use Fire Types (rofl no).

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    My guess is they'll develop Zygarde into some kind of "guardian of the land" kinda deal.

Considering how it's half Ground-type and part of its name comes from the French word for "guard," having it run around stopping the Drilbur-people and the Sandman makes sense.
    That could work, I guess. Team Flare could seek out Zygarde's power to prevent Kalos from expanding, which would fit Lysandre's "too many people" logic.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That could work, I guess. Team Flare could seek out Zygarde's power to prevent Kalos from expanding, which would fit Lysandre's "too many people" logic.
    Would another game necessarily bring back Lysandre (or even Team Flare) as a villain, though?

I mean, I was thinking more along the lines of Zygarde opposing the villainous team, because it saw them destroying the environment and such (unless they do it like "oh we only destroyed the environment to lure out Zygarde, now we'll take control of it and rule the world, buwahahaha").

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Would another game necessarily bring back Lysandre (or even Team Flare) as a villain, though?

I mean, I was thinking more along the lines of Zygarde opposing the villainous team, because it saw them destroying the environment and such (unless they do it like "oh we only destroyed the environment to lure out Zygarde, now we'll take control of it and rule the world, buwahahaha").
    Does it have to? Malva seems to want the same thing.

am i the only one who feels like xy is better set up for prequels than sequels or even a third installment? i think xy feel pretty complete by the end of it but theres quite a number of things that could make for very interesting prequels. for example i saw somewhere somebody mentioned that dexio and sina could be the protagonists since they mentioned that they are voyage veterans from two years back. they could show how team flare started up or somethin, im sure gamefreak could make it work a lot better than a third installment or sequels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    am i the only one who feels like xy is better set up for prequels than sequels or even a third installment? i think xy feel pretty complete by the end of it but theres quite a number of things that could make for very interesting prequels. for example i saw somewhere somebody mentioned that dexio and sina could be the protagonists since they mentioned that they are voyage veterans from two years back. they could show how team flare started up or somethin, im sure gamefreak could make it work a lot better than a third installment or sequels.
    IMO, what XY really needs is a third version. As you've said, it's pretty much complete on its own. IMO, a prequel and a sequel is unnecessary.
    Pokemon Z or whatever the third version is, should fix what XY was lacking.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggers View Post
    I haven't sifted through the 90 pages of this thread, but I'm assuming Team Flare's name has already been discussed. Is it just a pun on Flair or something?
    I assume so, and also "fleur" given the flower imagery.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

On the subject of what happened to Lysandre, I don't like to think that he died. Personally, I feel more bad for Lysandre's Pokemon than Lysandre himself. It's not like they had a choice in all of this. It would be quite sad if they perished along with him. The whole Kalos war backstory was bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SKyLineR32 View Post
    On the subject of what happened to Lysandre, I don't like to think that he died. Personally, I feel more bad for Lysandre's Pokemon than Lysandre himself. It's not like they had a choice in all of this. It would be quite sad if they perished along with him. The whole Kalos war backstory was bad enough.
    Hear, hear. I like lysandre in general. When the weapon crashed down on him my first play through, my mouth fell open. Seriously, he was like your second best human friend. And I love his random as heck phone calls.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Ah this brings me to my most recent discovery.
    So I am now 85% sure Lysandre didn't die.
    Not all the Team Flare grunts perished in the accident.

How do I know this? In Kiloude city in the house where the person gives you the DNA splicers, upstairs there is a Team Flare grunt. He survived. He mentioned how it was shameful how they saved themselves, watched other people burn as they ran away. Now they may not have died but have been seriously injured. Plus if he is a survivor, he mentions nothing of anyone important perishing. He then goes on to mention that he's glad that Team Flare didn't get their goal because the world would be pretty, uhm, he can tell you xD

On the subject of Lysandre and his Pokemon it is quite interesting that he has the Mega Gyrados, that can only mega evolve when there's love and trust between the Pokemon and its trainer. I personally can see that Lysandre gets out and is reformed by his former childhood friend, Sycamore and Diantha after realizing, after his near death encounter, what a fool he was. I can't see Lysandre remaining a villain, he's as many people describe him as, a fallen hero.
    Has left Serebii forums.

Ah this brings me to my most recent discovery.
    So I am now 85% sure Lysandre didn't die.
    Not all the Team Flare grunts perished in the accident.

How do I know this? In Kiloude city in the house where the person gives you the DNA splicers, upstairs there is a Team Flare grunt. He survived. He mentioned how it was shameful how they saved themselves, watched other people burn as they ran away. Now they may not have died but have been seriously injured. Plus if he is a survivor, he mentions nothing of anyone important perishing. He then goes on to mention that he's glad that Team Flare didn't get their goal because the world would be pretty, uhm, he can tell you xD

On the subject of Lysandre and his Pokemon it is quite interesting that he has the Mega Gyrados, that can only mega evolve when there's love and trust between the Pokemon and its trainer. I personally can see that Lysandre gets out and is reformed by his former childhood friend, Sycamore and Diantha after realizing, after his near death encounter, what a fool he was. I can't see Lysandre remaining a villain, he's as many people describe him as, a fallen hero.
    They could've been in another part of the base. It pretty much fell right on top of him. And yeah, until the end, he wasn't really villan-ly. Even then he let you choose the button.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Hmmm that is a good point, but the hero and their friends was in the same room as Lysandre and he could have then realized what was happening and followed. Thing is we don't know, which is really annoying. I hate speculating xD
    Has left Serebii forums.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Hear, hear. I like lysandre in general. When the weapon crashed down on him my first play through, my mouth fell open. Seriously, he was like your second best human friend. And I love his random as heck phone calls.
    Yeah, that's what I liked about him. Colress was the same way in a sense and that's one of the reasons he's one of my favorite Pokemon characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    IMO, what XY really needs is a third version. As you've said, it's pretty much complete on its own. IMO, a prequel and a sequel is unnecessary.
    Pokemon Z or whatever the third version is, should fix what XY was lacking.
    I would have to agree at this point in time. It's definitely more along the lines of RSE & DPPt than BW but, then again, the only reason B2W2 worked was because Kyurem was given the ability to splice with the original Mascot legendaries.

While, yes, Zygarde could also get a new forme as the third version mascots have had since Pt, it is definitely more Giratina than Kyurem.

Then again, I could see GameFreak pulling a Mega Zygarde X/Mega Zygarde Y thing. Like say, in X2/Y2 (XZ?YZ?), Yveltal/Xerneas is awakened by what's left of Team Flare (hopefully, Malvara's doing since she seemed more threatening than Lysandre) and tries to destroy/restart the land (with a Mega Stone involved somewhere). Zygarde comes in and really wants to be on your team, then Mega evolves harnessing the power of either Xerneas (Dragon/Fairy?))/Yveltal(Dragon/Dark?) and then Boom! Mission accomplished.
    ...And then you can capture the other box Legendary as per tradition. >_<

Hmmm that is a good point, but the hero and their friends was in the same room as Lysandre and he could have then realized what was happening and followed. Thing is we don't know, which is really annoying. I hate speculating xD
    Yeah, z better explain that. And good point.

I liked shauna, but the rest of the group was 'eh', and calem annoyed the crap outta me. So, go lysandre!

^Ooh, that sounds awesome!

-My younger brother

Who else wasn't surprised that Lysandre was the team Flare leader? I surly wasn't.
    "That's too much bacon." said no one, EVER.

My current X team :
    Greninja

My shines:

Page 90 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394 ... LastLast