Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 458591929394959697 LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2408

Thread: The Team Flare Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    If it was the Lumiose Press, man that would be a pretty cool evil team. I vote Alexa as Commander/Executive because that would be a great plot twist. (For the Anime, too! lol)
    Speaking of Alexa, I was disappointed that she didn't really show up more more often. Being a journalist and all, I was kinda expecting her to have more presence and more involved especially during the Flare arc.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Speaking of Alexa, I was disappointed that she didn't really show up more more often. Being a journalist and all, I was kinda expecting her to have more presence and more involved especially during the Flare arc.
    Well, every Game has one of those characters that is named and exists but really does nothing like Daisy, Roseanne, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Well, every Game has one of those characters that is named and exists but really does nothing like Daisy, Roseanne, etc.
    I think Anthea and Concordia would be better examples.
    These two were on the opening sequence of BW, and has official artworks in B2W2 but they didn't even have much role...

I think Anthea and Concordia would be better examples.
    These two were on the opening sequence of BW, and has official artworks in B2W2 but they didn't even have much role...
    Were they even named in the game anywhere, I didn't even know who they were for the longest time. Just kept seeing people bringing the names up and being totally confused, thought I'd missed something.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Were they even named in the game anywhere, I didn't even know who they were for the longest time. Just kept seeing people bringing the names up and being totally confused, thought I'd missed something.
    Yes, they say their names when you talk to them in BW.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Team flare's were lame... you wouldn't take them seriously...

This time they should give us something different, like the rulers of the region/GL E4 are actually evil
    like our world we live now...And the team turns out to have good goal.
    Malva was from TF but she didn't have a major role but being E4 member.

Quote Originally Posted by Poke_Spirit View Post
    Team flare's were lame... you wouldn't take them seriously...

This time they should give us something different, like the rulers of the region/GL E4 are actually evil
    like our world we live now...And the team turns out to have good goal.
    Malva was from TF but she didn't have a major role but being E4 member.
    That's the point. Team Flare were meant to be goofy and over-the-top. Except maybe Xerosic and Lysandre.

Also, I doubt they'll ever do that. I can see Malva's role being expanded on the third version/sequel, but for the rest, I seriously doubt it.

That's the point. Team Flare were meant to be goofy and over-the-top. Except maybe Xerosic and Lysandre.

Also, I doubt they'll ever do that. I can see Malva's role being expanded on the third version/sequel, but for the rest, I seriously doubt it.
    So then there would be a new elite four.

So then there would be a new elite four.
    There would probably be one new member to replace Malva (I'm hoping for either Flying, or Grass, Rock, or Electric if the respective gym leaders end up replaced as well, none of those types have been done yet), but I don't think the entire Elite 4 would be replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    There would probably be one new member to replace Malva (I'm hoping for either Flying, or Grass, Rock, or Electric if the respective gym leaders end up replaced as well, none of those types have been done yet), but I don't think the entire Elite 4 would be replaced.
    I'm personally hoping they bring back a previous gym leader to replace Malva, and have her turn into the 6th gen version of wallace/steven (a person trying to find themselves, only to then become champion). Also, it'd be nice to see them turn the elite four into five separate gyms that you have to complete without healing rather than just facing five trainers. If they did that, it'd definitely be more challenging and we could finally see if the 3DS has what it takes to compete graphically with the Vita/other 3D technology.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

I see the BW Team Plasma being the darkest/ crudest out if all the games. So the next generation would seem to counter that to add balance to the series. With all the light colors used in XY , pikachu available , plus all the original starters available this is a more wide ranging game. To really reach down and grab the next generation of youth.

Hopefully in Z or X2-Y2 they add the darkness and challenge mode for us adults.

Lysande was jus too epic around a bunch of goof balls for me.
    1 million thanks to Varanus for this Shiny Card.

0963-1007-3370 Y Fc

They also should make malva the new flare leader since there's no team leader that's female yet.

They also should make malva the new flare leader since there's no team leader that's female yet.
    Hmmm... I see two scenarios here:

(a) If we get a third version, I think Malva will be on the same rank as Xerosic.
    (b) If we get a sequel, it is entirely possible that Malva is the new Leader. Assuming that Lysandre didn't make it.

Don't you also think sycamore might be also from team flare?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not... really, no.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

About as much as I believed any other Professor was helping their respective game's Team.

In short, no, not even remotely. Sycamore stood relatively contrary to Team Flare, in fact.

Hmmm... I see two scenarios here:

(a) If we get a third version, I think Malva will be on the same rank as Xerosic.
    (b) If we get a sequel, it is entirely possible that Malva is the new Leader. Assuming that Lysandre didn't make it.
    Whether we get a third version or sequels, I hope Malva's role gets expanded from being just a E4 and Team Flare member and that's it. She's the first E4 member (at least in the games) to be affiliated with the regional team, she NEEDS expansion. Hopefully this also means our wish for a female evil team leader will finally come true.

Why didn't Lysandre just leave Pokemon alone and only wipe out humanity since humanity's the cause of wars?

Quote Originally Posted by PokeBash View Post
    Why didn't Lysandre just leave Pokemon alone and only wipe out humanity since humanity's the cause of wars?
    Needs more read:

"Pokémon are wonderful beings. Humans have worked with Pokémon, and we have helped each other flourish. But precisely because of that, they will inevitably become tools for war and theft!"
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Yeah, I know he said that. So, why not only kill the ones that are using them as tools for war and theft?
    Last edited by PokeBash; 1st May 2014 at 4:49 AM.

Yeah, I know he said that. So, why not only kill the ones that are using them as tools for war and theft?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that sort of out of his hands? I was pretty sure that the Ultimate Weapon would just indiscriminately attack everything, and his talks of killing Pokemon were just him justifying the fact that they'd be victimized by the weapon as well.

Lysandre's whole point was that everybody, at their core, as self-serving. Everybody has the potential to care only about themselves when pushed.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

He didn't exactly seem overjoyed about killing them all.

I'm going to be honest Lysandre was the most well written and enjoyable boss character, which makes me even more annoyed by his design.

If he was designed in a way that didn't scream 'hey I'm the boss of team flare' he would be the best boss character hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by pokepal148 View Post
    If he was designed in a way that didn't scream 'hey I'm the boss of team flare' he would be the best boss character hands down.
    Yeah, but just chalk that up to "Game Freak isn't subtle and never will be."
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by pokepal148 View Post
    He didn't exactly seem overjoyed about killing them all.

I'm going to be honest Lysandre was the most well written and enjoyable boss character, which makes me even more annoyed by his design.

I agree with you there. And hey, I don't give a dime about his overall design, I liked it and that's what matters. And that battle theme... EPICNESS!

Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 458591929394959697 LastLast