Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4686929394959697 LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2408

Thread: The Team Flare Thread

What was the point of those machines on Lysandre's back in the first place?
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    What was the point of those machines on Lysandre's back in the first place?
    To transfer the energy of Xerneas/Yveltal in the Ultimate Weapon. Check Bulbapedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    To transfer the energy of Xerneas/Yveltal in the Ultimate Weapon. Check Bulbapedia.
    Really? Because I never remembered any of that mentioned in the game while I was playing...
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Really? I thought that whole underground building around Xerneas/Yveltal was meant to transfer their power.
    Well, always learning something
        Spoiler:- Friend codes. Contact me if you want to trade:

Thanks to Archangel Armada for this banner.

~ Officially claimed Manaphy. Yay! ~

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    Really? Because I never remembered any of that mentioned in the game while I was playing...
    It was confirmed by one of the makers, not the game itself. Although after you capture Xerneas/Yveltal, Lysandre does say that he intends to steal their power back.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

can someone explain to me what was lysandre's ultimate goal? I was playing x and I know he wanted to reduce the human population but how can he do that with xerneas who only gives life and not destruction.
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    can someone explain to me what was lysandre's ultimate goal? I was playing x and I know he wanted to reduce the human population but how can he do that with xerneas who only gives life and not destruction.
    It's the exact same plot just replace Yveltal with Xerneas. He's only using the legendary to power the weapon, the Legendaries don't do anything themselves.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I always thought the machines on his back were used for mega evolving Gyarados, like with the Mega Ring, because you need an object in addition to the stone and because he didn't mega evolve it until that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Moon View Post
    I always thought the machines on his back were used for mega evolving Gyarados, like with the Mega Ring, because you need an object in addition to the stone and because he didn't mega evolve it until that point.
    Yea that's what I thought. I really thought he would have mega houndoom...would have been way cooler and just make more sense.
    3DS FC-2380-2345-7695

Do you think Lysandre will return? I hope so with eternal life hum? that would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I gotta say I'm really intrigued by Lysandre's motives and the plot in general.

Spoiler:- PLOT SPOILERS:
        Spoiler:- Team Flare & Lysandre's Contradiction:
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 3rd August 2014 at 2:51 AM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
        Spoiler:- Team Flare & Lysandre's Contradiction:
        Spoiler:- ....:
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
        Spoiler:- ....:
        Spoiler:- ...:

Black2/
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control

Idk but their goal doesn't seem as solid as the other villainous teams.

I think the "using the legendary Pokemon's power" makes no sense in version X. I mean,Xerneas just gives away its energy during its lifespan then turns into a tree. What power would be left to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Moon View Post
    No, Lysandre's Mega Ring was literally a ring on his left hand. The device on his back was meant to take back Xerneas/Yveltal's energy. Though he hadn't been wearing the ring previously either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mustache View Post
    Do you think Lysandre will return? I hope so with eternal life hum? that would be epic.
    Assuming that he isn't dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Carcara View Post
    I think the "using the legendary Pokemon's power" makes no sense in version X. I mean,Xerneas just gives away its energy during its lifespan then turns into a tree. What power would be left to use?
    Presumably the power that it had been building up while resting as a tree.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Motive wise, I see the difference between Team Flare and Team Magma. But what about asthetic wise? they both pretty much represent fire and intellegence?
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Demon View Post
    Motive wise, I see the difference between Team Flare and Team Magma. But what about asthetic wise? they both pretty much represent fire and intellegence?
    No, Magma is magma and hoods. Not really much else.

Flare is fire and style.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

The goal of team flare during the game was pretty vague (I had to really pay attention to understand what they were trying to do) so I thought that was weird. Team Flare wasn't my favorite enemy team. Honestly I felt like Team Plasma did a better job at making their intentions a little more clear and when I think about it Team Plasma actually got stuff done. I didn't get that feel with Team Flare.
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagarden

Team Flare, yeah I fought lots of them in my games. They are led by Lysander, who is a friend of Professor Sycamore who wants to use the legendary life and death pokemon to destroy the world. Luckily he was stopped

Quote Originally Posted by MegaArkhamKnight View Post
    Team Flare, yeah I fought lots of them in my games. They are led by Lysander, who is a friend of Professor Sycamore who wants to use the legendary life and death pokemon to destroy the world.
    And they all lived together in the house that Jack built! (sorry, I felt like I had to say it)

Any way, I felt like one way they could've had Team Flare make more sense would be if Lysandre purposely created TF to make sure that all of the criminals and corrupted people in Kalos were all together. Then, once the Ultimate Weapon was completed, he would double cross Team Flare and destroy them all to make certain that he would wipe out all evil

Black2/
    • Name- Dale Hudson

I liked Lysandre because he knew that what he was doing was wrong, yet he felt that there was no choice but to annihilate the world for the better good. That, I find interesting. He's not as near as deep as N IMO, but I still appreciate him an anti-villain. Malva's unique because she's a member of the elite four as well.

As for the rest of Team Flare, well...

I actually genuinely don't like Team Flare. :S The organisation is almost nothing like Lysandre...to me they felt incompetent, and literally the only crime organisation in the main series that wasn't interesting or creative overall. They don't do much interesting things throughout the story, and they didn't even make the ultimate weapon. (which by the way, doesn't make sense in the X version because Xerneas, who supposedly powers it, is the Life Pokemon) Their ultimate goal felt pretty similar to Team Rocket's, so nothing too new here really. Also, why did they have to be called Team Flare? We already have Magma and Plasma (plasma can be extremely hot or extremely cold), we don't need another fiery team name. I also find their battle theme DREADFUL...granted some people may like it which is perfectly fine, but for me it's quite irritating to my ears so I'd turn the volume down completely during most of the battles and play music on my iPod which I find much more fitting and epic.

The last thing I'd like to mention is the outfits. They don't look interesting at all IMO...just stupid. I'm not a fan of red blazers, sorry guys.
    Last edited by HolyNightmare; 19th August 2014 at 1:44 PM.
    Fave Poke:
    Fave Gen: 5th
    Please PM me so we can arrange to have Wifi Battles!!! (^_<)

My Terminology
    Standard/Normal Battle :- Any Tier (OU - NU, Monotype) but NO Legendaries or Megas at all!
    LegMeg Battle :- Any Tier (like above) with Non-Uber Legendaries and/or any Mega (except Kanghaskan, Blaziken or Mewtwo X/Y)
    Uber Battle :- Uber Legendaries and/or Mega Kanghaskan, Blaziken or Mewtwo X/Y)

I hope you can understand and respect my ideas. Any breach made will ruin online battling for me and make me quit, thus wasting your own time as well as mine.

I didn't care too much for team flare, it was like team plasma revamped..

*credit to Dragon User X for this amazing banner*

If your happy and you know it, go sit in the corner and think about your life.

3DS FC 1478-2903-4134
    IGN: Ellei

Quote Originally Posted by HolyNightmare View Post
    The organisation is almost nothing like Lysandre...
    They weren't really supposed to be. They were shallow, high-end, pseudo-idealistic snobs, which are exactly the kind of people who would fall for Lysandre's pitch.

and they didn't even make the ultimate weapon
    Well no, but what difference does that make? The idea was that Lysandre discovered the ultimate weapon (being descended from AZ's brother and all), and instead of focusing on the purpose for which it was originally created, became obsessed with its potential for fulfilling his ambitions.

(which by the way, doesn't make sense in the X version because Xerneas, who supposedly powers it, is the Life Pokemon)
    What kind of energy the weapon is fed doesn't matter; it just needs the energy. The weapon itself is built to function two ways: as a resurrection machine, and as a weapon of mass destruction. Feed it the energy it needs to activate, and then use whichever function suits your needs.

Their ultimate goal felt pretty similar to Team Rocket's, so nothing too new here really.
    Team Rocket were the Yakuza/mafia, not a genocidal cult of elitists.

Also, why did they have to be called Team Flare? We already have Magma and Plasma (plasma can be extremely hot or extremely cold), we don't need another fiery team name.
    Because it is a pun on "flair," which they certain possess in spades, and because Magma, Plasma, and Flare all have very different connotations despite pertaining to things that involve heat.

Quote Originally Posted by your_worst_nightmare View Post
    I didn't care too much for team flare, it was like team plasma revamped..
    I assume you mean Team Plasma 2 because Team Flare isn't really similar to Team Plasma 1 at all. And as for TP2, well, ehhhhhh I guess. "Use mystical Pokémon/object to cause devastation and claim the land for ourselves" and all that, although Plasma 2 was out-and-out malicious and did not try to mask their goals under noble intentions.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Tell ya what. I went up Mehnir trail to Geosenge town before I battled the last gym. Then came back down the trail and beat the gym. Next time I headed up the trail Team Flare jumped out from behind the rock to battle me. Kinda startled me a bit. I had jus been up there and battled everyone I seen. Then I team Flare grunt jumps out of hiding.
    1 million thanks to Varanus for this Shiny Card.

0963-1007-3370 Y Fc

Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4686929394959697 LastLast