Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 93

Thread: Mewtwo ~ The Prologue to Awakening (BWSP1)

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The movie creator told us its a new one because he felt like, we know its a new one.
    I don't care about what the creator says, I just look at what's in the episodes or movies.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    But this Mewtwo distrusted humans and Pokemon. I am not sure if Oldtwo can be so distrusting. He has accepted things by the en of the Johto special.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,724

    Default

    Wow, what a letdown. They had a chance to make Mewtwo Q different from the real Mewtwo, and then totally blew it by making a copy of Mewtwo Returns with Team Rocket replaced by bland COTDs. Seriously, the underground lake? Mewtwo was barely even in this.

    Klang was the best thing about this, yet it was still better than any Da! episode so far.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I don't care about what the creator says, I just look at what's in the episodes or movies.
    Who the heck cares, if I'm telling you something its red and its red but you say its blue, people will say youre crazy not me, suit yourself.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Wow, what a letdown. They had a chance to make Mewtwo Q different from the real Mewtwo, and then totally blew it by making a copy of Mewtwo Returns with Team Rocket replaced by bland COTDs. Seriously, the underground lake? Mewtwo was barely even in this.

    Klang was the best thing about this, yet it was still better than any Da! episode so far.
    I'm assuming you didnt even watch the episode...

    CotD weren't bland, villan wasn't bland.

    Mewtwo appeared a lot and came off pretty well out of this.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 11th July 2013 at 2:46 PM.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I don't care about what the creator says, I just look at what's in the episodes or movies.
    Completely agreed.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    It simply says Mewjin Buu looks like Mewtwo. Nothing more.
    The Japanese website references Cerulean Cave and the fact that someone manipulated Mew's genes to create Mewtwo.

    Mewtwo's story was never properly done n the games. Except for the Pokedex's data which says Team Rocket created Mewtwo. They could obviously take up the storyline from the scratch.
    There is nothing tying Mewtwo to Team Rocket in the games. There are, however, multiple references hinting that Mr. Fuji created Mewtwo. I see no reason why that would be contradicted or be completely ignored in XY.

    I know the anime and games are not the same. But I can see them retcon anime Mewtwo's storyline for the games. It sucks, but right now that's the only logical and plausible explanation. The way Mr. Yuyama skipped around the topic and gave a vague "We thought it's better to have a New Mewtwo" says me so. In the end, the anime exists for the game not the vice versa.
    But it's not as if they alluded to Kalos in the prologue, and apparently they won't do that in the movie, either. You're also forgetting that Movie 15's depiction of Kyurem had little to do with the games. In fact, the movies have never had much to do with the games.
    Last edited by Kein; 11th July 2013 at 2:51 PM.

  7. #32

    Default

    Special looks epic, it's a shame not much backstory is given HOWEVER, the backstory may be fully explained in the actual Movie which would be more logical.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,905

    Default

    They're purposely leaving it ambiguous so its up to fans to decide if its the same Mewtwo or not. People said Ash doesn't even say anything about the old Mewtwo in the movie so there's no contradictions.

  9. #34

    Default

    One person said Ash doesn't say anything.

    One.

    I've said this all along but i'm gonna wait until that's confirmed on release day.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    One person said Ash doesn't say anything.

    One.

    I've said this all along but i'm gonna wait until that's confirmed on release day.
    It wouldn't be surprising if he doesn't. Whenever Ash sees the same legendary a second time he very rarely talks about his first encounter with it. He said nothing of Jirachi either just recently.

  11. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Special looks epic, it's a shame not much backstory is given HOWEVER, the backstory may be fully explained in the actual Movie which would be more logical.
    If that's the case, then this prologue became even more pointless. This was THE best place to explain Newtwo's backstory, but they squandered it. So this doesn't bode well for the movie's explanation of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    They're purposely leaving it ambiguous so its up to fans to decide if its the same Mewtwo or not. People said Ash doesn't even say anything about the old Mewtwo in the movie so there's no contradictions.
    Except that it's already been established that it's different. There's no ifs, buts or maybes, M16 Mewtwo is a completely seperate entity from M01/MR Mewtwo.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Special looks epic, it's a shame not much backstory is given HOWEVER, the backstory may be fully explained in the actual Movie which would be more logical.
    Iirc a viewer of the early screenings said there was no reference besides Ash recognizing Mewtwo because his memory wasn't wiped.

  13. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    It wouldn't be surprising if he doesn't. Whenever Ash sees the same legendary a second time he very rarely talks about his first encounter with it. He said nothing of Jirachi either just recently.
    I argree 100% with that, i'm just saying one statement doesn't mean it's reliable. Regardless, it probably is true i'm just going to wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    If that's the case, then this prologue became even more pointless. This was THE best place to explain Newtwo's backstory, but they squandered it. So this doesn't bode well for the movie's explanation of it.
    Definitely pointless, but entertaining yes.

    I'd like to see an actual explanation in the Movie where it is more relevant than none at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Iirc a viewer of the early screenings said there was no reference besides Ash recognizing Mewtwo because his memory wasn't wiped.
    Exactly, only one person said about it. Not everybody.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    If that's the case, then this prologue became even more pointless. This was THE best place to explain Newtwo's backstory, but they squandered it. So this doesn't bode well for the movie's explanation of it.


    Except that it's already been established that it's different. There's no ifs, buts or maybes, M16 Mewtwo is a completely seperate entity from M01/MR Mewtwo.
    how do you explain this then?
    On February 15, 2013, the film's subsequent subtitle was released, revealing the inclusion of Mewtwo in the film. Yuyama's statement on the official website for the film explains that Mewtwo has changed after traveling the world following the events of Mewtwo Returns.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    I find this episode boring and still making Vigel a bland charater.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Cool, a breloom sighting.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  17. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    how do you explain this then?
    On February 15, 2013, the film's subsequent subtitle was released, revealing the inclusion of Mewtwo in the film. Yuyama's statement on the official website for the film explains that Mewtwo has changed after traveling the world following the events of Mewtwo Returns.
    And then on Pokémon Smash, he outright said this Mewtwo was different. And several other factors in the manga, film and prologue point to this not being the same Mewtwo. And someone who saw an early screening said it wasn't the same Mewtwo, and that the old one isn't mentioned at all.

    Yuyama probably lied about that to hide the fact it was different.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    And then on Pokémon Smash, he outright said this Mewtwo was different. And several other factors in the manga, film and prologue point to this not being the same Mewtwo. And someone who saw an early screening said it wasn't the same Mewtwo, and that the old one isn't mentioned at all.

    Yuyama probably lied about that to hide the fact it was different.
    Either lied or changed ideas, I think he just changed ideas personally, pretty cheap if he lied just to promote the movie, well its marketing but still pretty damn shady.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 11th July 2013 at 3:55 PM.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,915

    Default

    Whoa...Mewtwo actually destroyed the pokeballs belonging to that guy's pokemon freeing them? Dang that's crazy.

  20. #45

    Default

    ...Well, Virgil, once again, your damned Eevee remains a damned Eevee, and your Leafeon almost makes some significance, unlike how the writers love Glaceon over it. Why couldn't Trip be the focus character?

    I guess they just didn't want Ash and the others interact directly with Mewtwo so that it feels refreshing to them in the movie...

    But still, destroying the Poke Balls? Now we know Pokémon can be involuntarily set free from the hands of oppression known as trainers.

    Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

    Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,335

    Default

    Newtwo please blow up Ash's palpitoad pokeball, the toad deserves to be free.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    ...Well, Virgil, once again, your damned Eevee remains a damned Eevee, and your Leafeon almost makes some significance, unlike how the writers love Glaceon over it. Why couldn't Trip be the focus character?

    I guess they just didn't want Ash and the others interact directly with Mewtwo so that it feels refreshing to them in the movie...

    But still, destroying the Poke Balls? Now we know Pokémon can be involuntarily set free from the hands of oppression known as trainers.
    Because Virgil made sense being a ranger and all.

    Mewtwo was figthing the villan pokemon and they got buried in the rocks and I believe he called a "ranger" to help him, that ranger was Virgil.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    Newtwo please blow up Ash's palpitoad pokeball, the toad deserves to be free.
    You deserve a gold medal.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,085

    Default

    I only watched the pictures, but this seems a cool special. I agree that it seems pointless, but the animation seems really good. Can't wait to watch it!
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  25. #50

    Default

    Just watched the prologue - wow it was brilliant.

    Damn shame not much back story is told but the special none the less was great. Definitely has the old anime writing vibe - I hope this is the turning point of writing in the anime where everything becomes more emotional and epic instead of immature and silly.

    Now for the movie.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •