Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the inspiration for your username?

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    I just used my real life name. Usernames that are just a first name always have nice simplicity to them.
    What username would you have if that name was took? Perhaps Zazie04 or something? Nice name by the way =D
    Last edited by Flaaffy180; 13th July 2013 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Misspelling of the word what

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    I just used my real life name. Usernames that are just a first name always have nice simplicity to them.

I was going to say, "Who names their kid 'Zazie'??"

But then I remembered that mine is Kreis.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaaffy180 View Post
    What username would you have if that name was took? Perhaps Zazie04 or something? Nice name by the way =D
    I probably would have went with Zoicyte, one of the villians from Sailor Moon. That was what I was going to go with for my username, but an alt account managed to swoop in and take it after the name change thread was closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post

Not sure, probably French speaking people, since that's where the name appears to have originated. I changed my name so it would match my gender identity better, so I wasn't really born with it.

Kreis isn't a bad name at all honestly. It's not common, but it sounds like an actual name and doesn't blatantly rhyme with something unpleasant.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post

How is your name pronounced anyway? I always think "Cre-es" or "Cress" when I see it but I know they're wrong.

It's pronounced the same as the name Chris.

My favorite One Piece character of the Whitebeard pirates.
    My Pokémon brings all the nerds to the yard
    They're like,"Hey, wanna trade cards?"
    Darn right, I wanna trade cards
    I'll trade you my Pikachu but not my Charizard

A long time ago I was obsessed with Phantom of the Opera, and over time my friends caught on and started calling me Phantom. I sort of kept it. Now my username anywhere I go is Phantom.
    Gamertag: PhantomX0990

Umm... Gosh. I loved lucario back in '07 and I decided that i was a master of them, hence MasterLucario.
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/343jiwx.png[/IMG]
    Keeping the classics alive

Dragoniss is something that I've had since I was 13.

It comes from the title of a painting that I did for art class in school. It was called "The Dragon and the Dragonis" It was of two dragons, one male and one female flying through the air. I had also done a lot of looking into dragons, at the time I was really big into them. I had quite the collection of dragon statues, sadly I had to sell them all due to moving a long ways and not having room for them. I was trying to think of a name for my first Gaia Online account and Dragonis came to mind. Sadly the name was taken so I just added an extra S at the end and the name has stuck for 7 years. I use it for basically everything, so in case I wanted people to know where I am they know who to look up.

Though now I have begun to break that habit. I'm trying to come up with new names now. On some places, like my youtube, I've gone by The Antagonist Green, because Green is my favorite antagonist and I like to Role Play as his character. I've also just started using Cafemocha on Smogon/Showdown, because I like the paring and...Cafemocha just sounds delicious. Plus I wanted a name that sounds a bit more mature and doesn't have to be looked at in terms of Pokemon. While I see it as a Pokemon term, someone else that doesn't know about the paring or Pokemon in general won't know the difference.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Me and my friends were one day talking about if Obama ever was secretly a member of any particular forum and no one knew what would his username be?
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

When Flipnote Hantena launched, I saw a flipnote for a type of shadow mew, and I kind of adopted the idea, revamped it and made it my OC of sorts, eventually I ended up calling myself Shadow Mew, and eventually I added super to it. And I decided to make an account on a website I can't remember and since SuperShadowMew was too long I made it supersmew.

Saaatoshi!

Well on Moshi Monsters, my first onlime game I played that had to choose a username from ANYTHING you like.
    I wanted my username to be perfect so I asked my bro how to spell television.
    He stopped half way through to talk to my sister and i heard that he said I and i wrote that down instead of the E. then he came back and told me the rest.
    So my username for that game was Telivisionhead
    On clubpenguin I wanted to use the same username but it had to space and will come out as Telivisionhe
    so I made it telivision.
    So my username is always telivisionhead or telivision
    I dont watch tv that much anyway.....

No big story behind this one, I just thought "Poetry" sounded intriguing and mysterious at the time.

I don't even like poetry.
    Last edited by Poetry; 11th September 2013 at 7:18 PM.

This song, from the album of the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    This song, from the album of the same name.
    So basically, you are pretty much the only person on this forum who appreciates good songwriters.

Hyperbole, but I find it hard to run into people who even know who Zevon is, "Werewolves of London" or not.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

britney spears is my inspiration basically.

Pikachu and Kirby, two fav video game characters of mine XD

As for my other name that was there, Pinkie Pie is my favourite pony in MLP

Thanks BlackStar80!

http://naminepony.proboards.com/
    ^Please join It's awesome

My older username was Blany. I was asked by my elder brother to keep that username, so I did. Little did I know that this was all a prank played by him, as "Blany" means "stencils" in the Slovak language...

My current username, AWildMew is obviously derived from "A wild Mew", as I LOVE Mew. No one loves Mew more than I do! 83

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

At one point The Yogscast played a minecraft map and talked about a clone honeydew called Cloneydew. The 2000 was for fun, but coincidently was my birth year.

-Uh oh.

A Sci fi Action Adventure series I've been writing for a few years now. The main character who's an alien comes from the planet that I call Zion. I've then replaced the I with a Y an used that as my username for everything on the Internet as well as when I play video games. There's even a few things that I've had to use Zion but it's mainly been Zyon.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Somebody told me I said "Why hello there" a lot when greeting people, and I felt the shortened version was more appropriate for a username.
    Potato.
    Friend Code: 2365 4873 2076

I was a fan of Missingno.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

When I was a sophomore or junior in high school, I was reading the school newspaper and I saw one of the writers was named "something Vernikova." I thought that it was a really cool name so I use it sometimes on the web. I generally don't change names from it unless the change is temporary.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

My name is actually based off of a character from Super Paper Mario. I've used the name for a while now (Xbox Live, other forums, etc.), so I'll probably end up changing it next time it's name changing season (I still don't know what I'll change it to though).

Send me a VM if you want to chat or have a casual battle!
    3DS FC: 2277-6720-4241
    Pokemon White FC: 1937-1211-2762
    VM me yours!

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast